Spinach is a herbaceous plant that belongs to vegetable crops. It has many beneficial and healing properties, so those who use green leaves, have a good state of health. Therefore, this article tells you what benefit and harm spinach bears the human body.
Efficient, comfortable and sooooo fast. When you need to lose 3-4 pounds per week. Read more here.
Vegetable can be grown under the rays of the sun in the loose earth and on the window sill in a pot. Planting seeds, after 21 days you can enjoy the greens of fresh vegetables.
Chemical composition and caloric content
The leaves contain many nutrients:
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
- beta carotenes
- vitamins A, B, C, E, PP and H,
- macro and microelements
Interesting! When processing nutrients and vitamins are not destroyed. This is a rare property of vegetables.
Fresh spinach is certainly healthier, but lovers of spring green borscht can also be satiated with essential vitamins and macronutrients.
Add spinach and in the first dishes, and in salads, canned food, pies, to fish or meat, and even in spices.
Green leaves are very helpful. 100 grams contains only 23 Kcal. But at the same time there is a lot of protein in spinach, so it is nutritious and healthy. It is used by those who care about the figure and adheres to the post.
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
In addition to the above substances, 100 grams of spinach contains:
- water - 92%,
- protein - 2.8%,
- carbohydrates - 1.9%,
- Fat - 0.3%
- dietary fiber - 1.4%,
- ash - 1.7%,
- poly - and monosaccharides - 1.8%,
- starch, organic and fatty and unsaturated acids at 0.1%.
This composition accelerates the metabolism and provides energy to the person for the whole day.
The benefits of spinach for men and women
it is difficult to name vegetables that are comparable to the huge amount of useful substances contained in spinach:
- Regulates the work of the digestive system. The presence of fiber in the composition helps to cleanse the body and promotes weight loss.
- Improves metabolism and increases immunity.
- Greens help to transport oxygen to cells faster, therefore people who eat spinach do not suffer from anemia.
- Spinach excretes toxins and toxins, as well as toxic substances. Thus, it is useful in intoxication and poisoning.
- Helps with heart disease. Restores the work of the heart muscle, restores blood pressure.
- Recommended for use by cancer patients. One of its beneficial properties is the ability to suppress the circulatory system of tumors, due to which their growth slows down. The second is the benefit of recovery after chemotherapy.
- Antioxidants help in the fight against disease, improve the condition after illness, help restore the body after illness, due to the presence of vitamins in the composition.
- Helps restore the body from exhaustion
- It is useful for the oral cavity, stops gums bleeding and periodontal disease.
- Helps to slow down retinal detachment, replacing the vitamins with lutein in the composition. The content of useful beta-carotene is more than in carrots.
- Greens help restore carbohydrate metabolism.
- Spinach is involved in the production of hormones, which helps to cope with stress, restore the nervous system. Iodine in the composition will also contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system and help with insomnia.
- Spinach helps maintain pancreatic function, so it should be administered to people with diabetes.
Watch the video! Growing and harvesting spinach and sorrel
Spinach benefits for men invaluable.
It helps to increase potency and attraction, due to the presence of protein and tocopherol.
Health benefits of women spinach will help those who suffer from
- problems with the cycle
- frequent miscarriages,
In folk medicine, spinach is also widely used. It has great benefits for the body:
- With epilepsy, spinach will relieve and reduce the number of seizures.
- The presence of zinc and iodine in spinach is beneficial for the skin with all kinds of injuries. Compresses are made of leaves, which are applied to bites, boils, or tumors.
- Vitamin K in the composition will help reduce the manifestation of osteoporosis. Due to the presence of calcium bones are strengthened. Children will also benefit from eating spinach. It will prevent the development of rickets and help speed bone growth.
- Spinach leaf juice has expectorant properties. It also facilitates the health of asthmatics. Inflammation of the tonsils is also removed with the juice of fresh leaves.
- Spinach masks will help improve skin condition. They will help restore a healthy look, relieve inflammation, smooth wrinkles and refresh skin. This is facilitated by the presence of vitamins A and E, as well as beta-carotene.
- Spinach softens the effects of radiation, helps to improve the condition of people who are infected with radiation sickness. Spinach is obligatory for people who live in the area of atomic production.
Contraindications and harm
Spinach is of course very useful and has many medicinal properties, but it also has contraindications. In some cases, spinach can harm and aggravate the course of existing diseases.
It is not necessary to eat the overgrown leaves of spinach. They contain a lot of oxalic acid, which further aggravates the acidic environment in the body. Therefore, spinach should not be used when:
- bladder problems
- stomach ulcer,
Young leaves on the contrary practically do not contain oxalic acid, therefore there will be no harm from them.
Use in traditional medicine and for weight loss
Infusion on water is taken when:
- throat and lung diseases,
- nervous system disorders
- flatulence and constipation.
Neurosis and depression retreat due to folic acid in the composition, especially in combination with beef liver rich in vitamins of group B.
In case of oncological diseases, spinach helps to stop the formation of tumor growth, will replace the use of folic acid tablets.
Various cooking recipes:
- Spinach infusion is used for colic, bloating and stomach cramps:
1 tbsp. l Boil the chopped stems and leaves of spinach for 10 minutes in 100 ml of water. Drink it 4 times a day.
- The infusion is also used in atherosclerosis, the duration of treatment is increased to 4 months, they combine treatment with hawthorn, periodically a 10-day break is taken.
- With bites and lesions, a slurry of crushed leaves is applied to the sore spot. Eczema overgrown when applied to them a decoction of spinach leaves based on olive oil. Keep them for several hours.
- With excessive nervous tension, use a mixture of spinach juice and carrot juice 2 times a week in a ratio of 1: 1 to 50-60 ml.
- Chopped spinach with cinnamon will help to overcome the depression.
- Juice of young leaves will help with diseases of the stomach and intestines. To accept it is necessary on 0,5 glasses 3 times a day.
- A mixture of 1: 1: 1 from spinach juice, beets and carrots will help with anemia and headaches. Take 2 times a day before meals for 0.5 cups.
- A tablespoon of crushed boiled leaves with vegetable oil helps with cramps.
A spinach diet helps reduce weight and helps cleanse the body.
One of the recipes for oral administration is a decoction of the leaves:
1 tbsp. l chopped leaves boiled for 10 minutes in 100 ml of water. take before meals 50 grams.
Spinach is useful in dieting because it helps cleanse the body, reduce weight and improve bowel activity.
Due to the fact that the taste of spinach is not pronounced, it is used in the preparation of various dishes. It is added to omelets, desserts and dough. Useful spinach with cottage cheese for breakfast. This recipe will help recharge your batteries for the whole day.
Spinach - one of the richest in composition of vegetables. It is widely used in cooking in many countries, and now it is beginning to gradually gain a proper place on our tables. Spinach even in small quantities will benefit the body when it is regularly consumed, thanks to its beneficial properties.
Watch the video! Spinach. Benefit and harm
Spinach chemical composition
The composition of spinach includes proteins and carbohydrates - 1.43 g. But very little fat - 0.39 g.
In terms of protein content (2.86 g per 100 g), spinach is inferior from vegetable crops only to legumes.
Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, E, H, K, PP.
The composition of spinach contains slightly more than half the daily requirement of vitamin A. But vitamin K contains 4 daily standards in the leaves of this vegetable. B vitamins are also present in it, their content is about half the daily norm for an adult. And in order for the human body to receive a daily intake of vitamin C, only 300 g of spinach leaves should be eaten per day.
Macro elements: potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus.
Trace elements: iron, manganese, copper, selenium, zinc.
The content in spinach of such a large amount of vitamins and minerals determines its healing properties.
Useful properties and benefits of spinach for health
- strengthens the immune system
- has a diuretic and laxative effect,
- normalizes the cardiovascular system,
- cancer prevention
- stimulates the pancreas,
- improves the exchange process
- removes toxins
- promotes weight loss
- eliminates constipation
- prevents a number of eye diseases,
- strengthens teeth and gums
- improves skin and hair condition
- soothes and relaxes
- gives energy.
What is useful juice for the body?
Juice carries tremendous benefits for the human body. This drink removes toxins, enriches with vitamins and energizes. Juice has a positive effect on the liver, kidneys and intestines. In addition, it can be mixed with any fruit and vegetable juices, and it will have a calming effect on the person.
Spinach juice is recommended to drink with problems with gums and teeth, as well as with sore throat.
It is worth drinking to people who are inactive, 1-2 glasses per week.
Spinach juice, with the addition of almond oil (in equal proportions) will be very useful for the healthy growth and development of children.
How to freeze
Unfortunately, the season of fresh spinach does not last long, so it is recommended to stockpile. Of course, frozen spinach can be purchased in stores, but still we recommend to prepare it yourself, and then you will be confident in the quality and usefulness of the product.
Spinach leaves for freezing should be plucked before the beginning of the flowering period. Rinse each leaf thoroughly, then cut them into strips, place in a glass dish and cover with hot water. After 2 minutes, drain the water and wait for the green to cool. Compress the spinach with your hands, put it in a storage container and put it in the freezer.
Before use, frozen spinach does not need to be completely thawed, it is enough to soften slightly. It is used, as a rule, for the preparation of salads, smoothies, cocktails, soups, and also as an addition to a side dish.
How to store in the refrigerator
It is better to eat young spinach leaves, as they contain more vitamins and minerals, and oxalic acid contains less. And the foliage should have a juicy green color and not have spots.
Freshly stored this leaf vegetable can be a few days. But frozen spinach is stored from 30 to 45 days.
How to grow at home on the windowsill
Based on the foregoing, eating such a valuable leafy vegetable, like spinach, is of great benefit to the human body. And if you grow this plant on the plot, on the windowsill of an apartment or on the balcony, you can be confident in the ecological purity and freshness of the plant. Especially because spinach is easy to grow. We offer you a video:
More and more people are thinking about the benefits of healthy eating today. One of the basic principles of proper diet is the introduction to the daily menu of a large number of fresh vegetables, fruits and greens. An honorable place in the list of the most healthy products from the category of healthy food is spinach.
What are the benefits of spinach leaves?
For the human body, the beneficial properties of spinach are related to its amazing composition. This is one of the few products in which there are almost all the vitamins from the list of vital for human health, a large number of micro and macro elements, as well as essential amino acids.
Spinach is the champion of the plant world in the content of manganese and vitamin K. In addition, it contains a lot of folic and ascorbic acid, boron, silicon, iron, iodine, beta-carotene, lutein.
A large amount of Omega-3 (linolenic acid) is present in the leaves of this vegetable crop - this is one of the most important substances for the normal functioning of the human body. Obtaining Omega-3 naturally from food is very difficult: it is contained in just a few products. Therefore, spinach is indispensable in the diet of men, women and children.
It is noteworthy that the vegetable retains its positive properties in any form. Of course, fresh spinach leaves are most useful, but frozen or dried spinach also contains a huge amount of nutrients. Moreover, even during heat treatment, most of the vitamins, minerals and trace elements in vegetables remain unchanged.
Nutritional qualities make the plant one of the best foods in the diet: it has a very low calorie content - only 23 kcal per 100 g, while being an excellent source of protein and dietary fiber.
Regular use of spinach will soon begin to have a positive effect on all body systems, and this is why:
- Due to the high content of dietary fiber and pectin, spinach is very useful for the digestive system. It helps to clean the intestines, promotes the removal of harmful substances and improves peristalsis.
- Vitamin A, beta-carotene and lutein protect the eyes from the development of serious diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma, improve vision, normalize the condition of the mucous membrane of the eyes.
- The use of spinach for men is invaluable. For adolescents, vegetable culture is a good source of zinc, which is involved in the development of the reproductive system. For men of young and middle age, spinach is useful in that it helps to maintain testosterone production at the right level and prevents problems with potency.
- The positive properties of vegetable culture are reflected in the condition of hair, skin and bones.
- Proven use of spinach leaves for the circulatory and cardiovascular systems of the body. Iron reduces the likelihood of anemia, vitamin C removes cholesterol from the vessels, and magnesium improves the functioning of the heart. This is especially important for men, as they are more prone to the development of stroke and heart attack.
- Folic acid is essential for expectant mothers, as it contributes to the normal development of the fetus. Therefore, it is recommended to include healthy spinach leaves in the diet during pregnancy.
- Studies show that the nutritional properties of plants can be successfully used in the prevention of cancer: the substances contained in it, prevent the development of malignant tumors.
It is one of the best foods for men, women and children. Experts advise you to include vegetables in your menu if you have no contraindications for its use.
Dangerous qualities of spinach
Despite all the beneficial properties of spinach leaves for human health, in certain situations, vegetable culture can harm the body. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account contraindications to eating spinach. The first contraindications relate to those people who suffer from gout, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, kidney and gallstone disease, rheumatism and arthritis. Such contraindications are related to the fact that oxalic acid, contained in large quantities in spinach leaves, can worsen the patient's condition, exacerbate the disease and cause serious harm to health.
In this respect, young spinach is much more useful: there is almost no oxalic acid in it, but even so, it is possible to eat leafy vegetables in strictly limited quantities.
Contraindications to the use of spinach leaves, of course, include the individual intolerance of the plant: it contains the substance histamine, which can cause allergies. The harm of an allergic reaction neutralizes all the beneficial properties of spinach, so it is worth refusing to add vegetable to the diet if you notice manifestations of intolerance to spinach leaves.
Spinach can be harmful even if a person is treating with drugs aimed at reducing blood clotting. Vitamin K in the composition of the plant has the opposite effect, therefore it will reduce the therapeutic effect of the agent.
How to choose and eat a vegetable
To maximize the benefits of spinach, you must follow certain rules for its selection and use. There are not so many of them, and besides, they are not particularly complex, but their implementation significantly reduces the potential harm from eating leafy vegetables.
It is good if you grow spinach in your own summer cottage: in this case, you can be sure of the quality of the product, besides, it is easy to grow vegetables, it can be harvested from early spring to late autumn, and frozen spinach is well preserved all winter. . The only rule that you need to remember when harvesting - is not recommended to wait for the full maturation of the leaves. The younger the plant, the less unsafe oxalic acid in it. The same goes for buying spinach in a store or on a vegetable market: choose young, juicy leaves with bright colors.
Optimally, there is a leafy vegetable fresh, since all useful substances are stored in it, but you can also use it for cooking. If you boil (even frozen spinach), be sure to drain the first water and cook on the one you pour in the second time: together with the drained liquid nitrates will go away, and the finished dish will not be harmful to health.
Spinach leaves and dishes based on them should not be stored: even if you put them in the fridge, after some time, harmful nitrogen salts form in the leaves of the plant.
It is better to cook a small portion and eat it in one meal.
Many are interested in what can be made from the leaves of a plant. Recipes with the addition of spinach are very diverse: on the basis of a vegetable prepare soups, salads, drinks and many other dishes. Around the world, spinach smoothies are very popular with men and women who prefer raw foods and vegetarianism. Try it and you include this healthy tasty plant in your diet and feel the positive effect of its nutritional components.
Many people remember and know such a plant as spinach, in the old cartoon about the brave sailor Papaya. The cartoon character devoured this very spinach in banks, which made him strong and brave, helped to fight the villains and win the love of the beauty. Of course, a superhero salad or casserole with spinach will not make you, but this plant will bring considerable benefits to the body. Include spinach regularly in your diet - the beneficial properties of this vegetable are especially valuable in early spring, during beriberi, and the rest of the year.
Spinach is a leafy annual plant of the haze family, the closest relative of the well-known weed is quinoa. This vegetable is many-sided: when trying to find out “face” spinach, you can find a variety of photos: leaves can be from 2 to 30 cm long, from 1 to 15 meters wide. Spinach also has several varieties, of which the most popular are only 3:
- Spinach savoy with very dark, curly and wrinkled leaves. This variety is stored best of all, and such spinach is most often sold in supermarkets.
- Smooth, or flat, spinach. This variety with wide and smooth leaves is usually used for processing: canned, frozen, added to soups and baby food.
- Spinach is semi-savoy, a hybrid variety that is consumed both fresh and processed.
Spinach: a bit of history
It often seems that spinach is an extremely Western vegetable and became popular not so long ago, however this plant has a long history.
The first record of spinach is found in the first millennium of our era, in ... Chinese! It is believed that spinach appeared in Ancient Persia, then traders brought the plant to India, from where it came to China. After some time, spinach went on a journey to Sicily, conquered the Arab Mediterranean, and in XII hit the Europe. First, to Spain, after a few decades - to Germany, in the XIV century - to England and France. The benefits of spinach were quickly estimated by the European population - it was this plant that first grew into the spring, becoming a valuable source of vitamins, saving them from scurvy and improving bowel function.
And then the spinach was recognized at the court - Catherine de Medici, having received the title of Queen of France, ordered that spinach be served on the royal table every day. Another royal person, the Russian Empress Anna Ioannovna, appreciated the beneficial properties of spinach and it was during her reign that green spinach appeared on the table of the Russian tsars.
Today, spinach enjoys well-deserved love on all continents and countries, but in Russia it is still on the sidelines, yielding to the usual parsley, dill and various types of lettuce. Meanwhile, among leafy vegetables, spinach is a unique phenomenon.
Spinach: Useful Properties
The main advantage of spinach is a rare complex of vitamins: A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E, K. And also - phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, folic acid, zinc, iodine, copper ... And by content vegetable protein spinach is simply a record holder, second only to legumes.
Due to this diverse composition, this leaf vegetable:
- boosts immunity and slows the aging process
- strengthens eyesight and blood vessels
- It is an excellent means of preventing hypertension,
- improves the gastrointestinal tract, removes toxins and toxins.
Also boldly include in any diet spinach - its caloric content is only 23 kcal per 100 grams of leaves. Therefore, any salads, vegetable soups with spinach, casseroles, etc. are indispensable for those who are planning to lose weight or just carefully watching themselves.
Spinach folate and youth vitamin E slow down the aging process in the body, are indispensable for pregnant women - prevent miscarriages and abnormal development of the fetus.
Vitamin A makes green spinach an important part of baby food: the vegetable prevents the formation of rickets, it is extremely useful for children with developmental problems. With exhaustion and recovery from the disease, spinach is indicated at any age.
Spinach and iodine are rich in one of the most important trace elements for every person: iodine in the leaves of this vegetable nourishes the brain and improves the functioning of the thyroid, helps the absorption of other beneficial substances. With stress and nervous work, do not forget about the plate with green spinach salad - it calms the nerves, copes with depression, removes toxins from the body, improves digestion.
And the most important thing is that all these useful properties of spinach are preserved in any form - fresh, after freezing, during preservation and even after heat treatment (provided that you cook the leaves for no more than a couple of minutes).
Spinach in cooking
Quite unusually, spinach has established itself in cooking - besides the fact that it is an excellent ingredient for many dishes, green spinach is an excellent natural dye.
These properties of spinach were appreciated by French chefs at the royal court — they dyed spinach juice, ice cream, creams, sauces and butter. In Italy, with the help of spinach, they traditionally color pasta and lasagna in green, in England - omelet.
If you are constantly growing or buying spinach - recipes with it do not need to limit salads and vegetable soups. Juicy grass can be added to patties and mixed with soft cheese for sandwiches, used as a complete filling for pies and various casseroles.
If you are cooking the soup with the addition of spinach, do not overcook the vegetable to keep all the vitamins. In addition, during heat treatment, oxalic acid is released from the leaves, which is harmful in large quantities. To neutralize its action will help a little milk added to the broth, and if possible, simply chop fresh spinach in a plate with already cooked soup.
Spinach: myths and contraindications
For all its benefits, spinach is one of the few vegetables whose properties were once overvalued. Because of a small typo in the dictionary, this leaf vegetable has long been considered the leader in iron content, but now this misconception has been dispelled.
Iron is contained in spinach, but there is a feature - it is absorbed only with the additional use of foods with an increased amount of vitamin C. In addition, a high content of calcium and zinc in the leaves also impede the full absorption of iron. Therefore, do not consider spinach as one of the best remedies for anemia and for increasing hemoglobin. It is better to pay attention to other valuable qualities of spinach - and they are many in the plant.
If spinach appears on your table regularly, the benefits and harms of this vegetable must be taken into account.
The benefits of spinach for the body is proven and undeniable, but there is only one drawback - the high content of oxalic acid in green leaves. If you have urolithiasis at any stage, kidney and liver disease, periods of exacerbation of arthritis and rheumatism, spinach from the diet is better to eliminate or at least limit.
Spinach leafy vegetable is an excellent dish during periods of spring avitaminosis and summer green salads and soups. Be sure to include in your menu this royal plant with a rich history, while not forgetting about its features, and then spinach will bring you the greatest benefit.
Raw spinach contains a lot of beneficial trace elements and vitamins that are necessary for the human body. The modern plant has up to two dozen varieties, and the beneficial properties do not diminish with the production of hybrids. Let us consider in more detail all the advantages and disadvantages of using this green product.
Spinach, whose benefits and harms have been known for a long time, actively grows in our region. Quite often it can be found in the suburban areas or gardens. Spinach is planted for adding to salads or for stewing with meat. This green product contains various mineral salts, trace elements and vitamins. Here are some of them:
- vitamins PP, C, A, group B,
- vitamin D2 (an excellent tool for the prevention of rickets),
- protein (the content of this substance in spinach is so high that only green peas can compare with it),
- a huge amount of iodine, which is simply necessary for the body to prevent aging and not only.
Another excellent quality of spinach is the preservation of all the elements during culinary processing, which is very important for those who do not use fresh greens.
Spinach, the benefit and harm of which has long been familiar to man, has the following properties:
- increases hemoglobin in the blood due to the high content in the product of iron salts,
- protects the body from various infections
- replenishes the supply of most vitamins, which is very important in the springtime,
- helps in the prevention of hypertension, strengthens blood vessels,
- prevents retinal detachment and preserves eyesight,
- normalizes the pancreas and has a mild laxative effect, cleansing the intestines,
- slows down cell aging
- Spinach is often recommended for children diagnosed with rickets,
- Another excellent feature of this green plant is its calming and relaxing effect, which helps relieve irritability and normalize sleep.
Negative qualities: spinach
The benefits and harms of this product are uneven. It is safe to say that in fact the plant does not have negative consequences for the body. However, it should be remembered that the use of old leaves in food can lead to negative reactions. This is because oxalic acid accumulates over time, which can affect organs such as the kidneys and liver. Heat treatment of spinach with the addition of cream or milk to the dish helps to minimize the influence of this component. If the prepared product is stored for several days, nitrogen salts begin to accumulate in it, which also adversely affect the body. Try cooking spinach at one time. There is another drawback, however, for some it is an advantage. Greens are weak, but at the same time cleans the intestines, therefore, in large quantities only those who choose to lose weight eat spinach.
Recipe: Spinach with Egg
Greens carefully bust and wash. Put it in a saucepan and pour some hot water (not more glass). Boil over a low heat for 10 minutes, then rub along with the liquid through a sieve. Prepare the sauce, roasting a spoonful of flour with butter, and then boil it with a glass of milk and salt. Add sugar and a little nutmeg. The dish is served as follows: croutons or toasts are placed on the edges of the plate, the green mixture is laid out in the middle, and the top is decorated with a boiled egg. All is ready.
In this article, we looked at a plant like spinach. The benefits and harms of this product are very relative, because if for one a laxative effect is harmful, then for another it can be extremely useful.
Useful properties of spinach
1. This green vegetable is famous for its ability to cleanse the body of toxic toxic substances, so that it is recommended to use dishes with spinach in case of painful conditions caused by intoxication of the body.
2. The cleaning properties of spinach is largely due to the high fiber content. However, this valuable component brings the body much more benefit. For example, thanks to fiber, people who regularly add spinach to their diet have no problems with digestion. Spinach is especially useful for people suffering from enterocolitis, i.e. inflammation of the intestinal mucosa.
3. One of the most valuable qualities of this vegetable is its unique ability to block the growth of malignant tumors, inhibiting the development of the circulatory system of tumors. But own cardiovascular system with regular use of spinach becomes only stronger, protecting fans of such food from hypertension, heart ischemia and exacerbations caused by this serious disease.
4. The valuable composition of spinach is useful for both children and the elderly, and all because it can strengthen the immune system and protect people from colds and other infectious diseases. Spinach dishes are especially useful for people with weakened immune systems, i.e. those who have suffered a serious illness or are recovering from injuries. By the way, it is spinach that is included in the list of products that are mandatory for use by people who have undergone radiation or chemotherapy. Substances present in this green quickly return a person to a normal life.
5. Useful spinach for the oral cavity. For example, simply chewing fresh green leaves, we protect ourselves from the development of periodontal disease and stop the existing bleeding gums. In addition, spinach perfectly freshens breath and solves problems with odor from the mouth, even if they are caused by improper functioning of the digestive system.
6. Spinach is an extremely useful product for people with poor eyesight. First, beta-carotene in this juicy greens is much more than in carrots, and secondly, regular consumption of green foliage prevents retinal detachment, affecting the organs of vision is not worse than expensive vitamins with lutein.
7. Considered vegetable is a useful food for persons suffering from diabetes. It perfectly restores the carbohydrate metabolism in the body, and besides it supports the function of the thyroid gland, thanks to which it prevents the development of this dangerous disease or helps to combat the symptoms of an existing diabetes.
8. People who are constantly exposed to stress and have trouble sleeping, spinach helps to normalize their condition due to the effect on hormones. Eating literally 100 g of this useful greenery per day, you will always be in good spirits, and at night you will sleep in a sound undisturbed sleep.
9. And spinach is rich in vitamin K, which increases the level of calcium in bone tissue and reduces the likelihood of osteoporosis. In this regard, the vegetable in question is particularly useful for a growing children's body. Doctors advise giving children spinach leaf juice, mixed with almond milk in equal proportions, 1 tsp each. in a day. Such therapy will contribute to the acceleration of bone growth and prevent the development of rickets.
10. Freshly squeezed spinach juice relieves sore throat in case of a cold. Moreover, this healing liquid treats the inflammation of the tonsils and relieves asthma. Finally, those who include this green vegetable in their diet may not fear the flu epidemic.
Separately, say about the benefits of spinach for men's and women's health. Due to the high content of proteins and the presence of tocopherol, this product improves potency and helps prevent the development of prostate adenoma. For women, this leaf vegetable helps in case of infertility, with frequent miscarriages or irregular menstruation.
In case of clogging of the vessels with atherosclerotic plaques, the above infusion should be taken for four months to 1 tbsp. 4 times a day, combining such treatment with taking hawthorn tincture in the same amount. In this case, at the end of each month of treatment, the body must be given a 10-day break.
In the case of a depressive state caused by prolonged stress, severe trauma, or shock, simply enter the spinach salad to which you add a pinch of cinnamon. Literally in 2-3 weeks you will feel the joy of life again, and depressing thoughts will gradually leave you.
5. Skin lesions
In case of inflammation or acne on the skin caused by insect bites, simply prepare the gruel from the fresh foliage of this plant, and attach it to the bite site for 20 minutes. Если же у вас появились нарывы или мучает экзема, листья шпината варят в оливковом масле на протяжении 15 минут, после чего прикладывают их к пораженным участкам в виде компрессов.
В случае появления судорог и других проблем с нервной системой, листву этого полезного овоща следует отварить в течение 10 минут, после чего измельчить, добавить к зелени немного растительного масла и все тщательно перемешать. Take this medicine should be twice a day and 1 tbsp. 30 minutes before meals.
1. Anti-aging mask
In a glass of milk, dip 50 g of spinach and boil the mixture for 10–15 minutes. Cool the finished product and strain. Spread boiled greens, then lay out a green mass on gauze and apply to problem areas of the skin for 15–20 minutes. After the allotted time, remove the mask, and wipe the skin with a decoction of chamomile and apply a moisturizer. Perform the procedure 2 times a week and your skin will look young and elastic.
3. Nourishing mask
If your skin on the face is too dry and it needs nutrition, use this recipe. Boil 100 g of spinach for 15 minutes, then chop the leaves and add 10 ml of carrot juice, 1 tsp to it. honey and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix all ingredients until smooth and apply the mask on the face and décolleté for 15 minutes. Two treatments a week for a month will give an excellent result.
It should be said about some cautions in eating spinach. For example, this leaf vegetable should not be eaten by people with diseases of the urogenital system, as well as people with gout, rheumatism, a stomach ulcer and liver pathologies. Otherwise, contraindication to the use of spinach can only be an individual intolerance to the product. And yet, all the prescriptions in the article can be used only after consultation with your doctor.
The benefits and harms of spinach, discussed in this article, show that this product must be in the diet of a person who is monitoring their health. Take note of this useful greens, and you will take one more step along the path of health and longevity!
What is useful for men and women?
It is difficult to name vegetables comparable to the huge amount of beneficial substances contained in spinach. His tender leaves are rich:
- beta carotene
- saturated and unsaturated fatty and organic acids,
- vitamins A, B, C, K, E, PP, H,
- a large set of essential human trace elements.
Spinach contributes to recovery from diseases caused by the consumption of animal food and intoxication of the body. By removing slags and harmful substances, spinach at the same time saturates the tissues with the necessary substances contained in it.
Fiber improves the stability of the digestive system, which contributes to increased immunity and natural weight loss. Iron deficiency anemia also does not threaten fans of green leaves, which deliver oxygen to the cells, improving the body's metabolism.
Spinach has a very valuable quality - it can block the growth of tumors, suppressing their circulatory system. But the cardiovascular system of the body is strengthened by eating food.
Often, doctors prescribe dishes made from spinach with cancer in the recovery period after radiation therapy. A powerful complex of antioxidants contained in spinach, promotes rapid recovery and return to normal life.
Spinach inhibits the development of periodontal disease and stops gum bleeding. It is an excellent helper in the activity of the heart muscle, normalizes blood pressure, restores the body during exhaustion and is indispensable for enterocolitis.
Great benefits will bring spinach leaves in the diet of men: they contribute to increased potency due to the content of proteins and tocopherol. Women will appreciate the healing properties of green leaves with a broken cycle, infertility and frequent miscarriages.
Frequent use of easily accessible spinach dishes will stop retinal detachment, fully replacing expensive artificial vitamins with lutein. Green leaves contain more beta-carotene and nutrients for vision than irreplaceable carrots.
Substances contained in the leaves of green vegetable, restore carbohydrate metabolism. Spinach supports the normal functioning of the pancreas, therefore it is indispensable in the menu of diabetics.
People who are under constant stress and suffer from insomnia, spinach is also needed in the diet because it is involved in the production of hormones. Iodine contained in the leaves is necessary to strengthen the nervous system and the full functioning of the pancreas.
All the healing properties of spinach, which are used in traditional medicine, are difficult to enumerate. It brings significant relief to people suffering from epilepsy, and reduces the manifestations of the disease.
With a dry cough (you will find recipes for expectorant drugs in this article) and during asthma attacks, fresh spinach leaves will greatly ease the condition. In the period of winter epidemics, fans of spinach are not afraid of the flu. Spinach juice successfully treats inflamed tonsils.
Due to the large amount of vitamin K, osteoporosis is reduced and the calcium content in bone tissue increases. For children, a mixture of almond oil with spinach leaf juice is very useful to prevent the development of rickets and accelerate bone growth.
Compress from crushed leaves will relieve from boils, eczema and tumors from insect bites due to the content of zinc and iodine. For those living and working in the nuclear industry and in regions contaminated by radiation, spinach is vital. It mitigates the effects of radiation and saves the lives of those affected by radiation sickness.
Any Frenchwoman knows that wiping her face with a fresh sheet of spinach is needed to smooth out wrinkles and for a healthy complexion, with no traces of inflammation and acne.
This contributes to the high content of vitamins A and E in the leaves. Spinach masks renew skin and make it velvety. The high content of beta-carotene in spinach helps the body cells to stay young longer.
Learn about the benefits and dangers of pomegranate for human health.
What is useful barley porridge for the body? Read in this article.
Nutritional value and calorie
Over the centuries of using spinach, people have come up with many recipes with it. It is added to ordinary salads, omelets, filling for pies and fish and meat dishes, cottage cheese and soups, and spices are made and preserved.
The gastronomic benefits of the green leaves of the plant are very high. Due to its high protein content, spinach is very nutritious, with only 23 kilocalories per 100 grams of leaves. Do not have to starve during a diet and fasting, if you add to the diet dishes from green leaves.
A hundred grams of spinach contains:
- 92% water
- 2.8% of proteins - almost as in legumes,
- 1.9% carbohydrate,
- 0.1% starch,
- 1.4% dietary fiber,
- 0.3% fat,
- 0.1% organic acids
- 0.1% unsaturated acids,
- 1.8% disaccharides and monosaccharides,
- 1.7% ash,
- 0.1% saturated fatty acids.
Due to this rich composition, spinach speeds up metabolism and provides additional energy to the body.
Are there any harm and contraindications?
Green lovers should be aware of the possible dangers of spinach in order to fully utilize its beneficial qualities.
Overgrown leaves contain an excess of oxalic acid, which in kidney diseases will create an additional acidic environment in the body. In diseases of the bladder, stomach ulcers, rheumatism, gout and arthritis, green vegetable consumption is also undesirable.
But the young leaves of the plant almost do not contain oxalic acid in the composition and will not bring harm when using a small amount.
Methods of use in traditional medicine and for weight loss
In Russia, spinach has always been used as an effective therapeutic agent.
Water infusion of leaves taken with flatulence, constipation, diseases of the throat and lungs, atherosclerosis, with neurotic disorders and to relieve epileptic seizures.
Due to the content in the composition of folic acid, spinach relieves the state of depression and neurosis, especially in combination with beef liver rich in vitamins of group B.
Spinach reduces the risk of cancer development and replaces the use of folic acid tablets.
- With spasms of the stomach and large intestine, painful colic and bloating 4 times a day you need to drink spinach infusion. One tablespoon of crushed stems and leaves boil for 10 minutes in 100 ml of water and insist 40 minutes.
- From atherosclerosis An infusion of leaves is drunk for up to 4 months, combining it with hawthorn tincture and taking a 10-day break in an infusion of spinach leaves.
- For insect bites gruel from the leaves to impose on the inflamed place for two hours.
- For eczema boil the leaves in olive oil and apply on the affected areas for several hours.
- Depressive states 4 days to take chopped spinach with a small amount of cinnamon.
- When nerve overload take twice a week with 50-60 ml of a mixture of spinach juice and carrot juice.
- In diseases of the stomach and intestines to cleanse the body of toxins take half a glass of juice of young leaves three times a day.
- With anemia, thyroid disease and headaches before breakfast and dinner, drink half a glass of a mixture of beet juice, carrot and spinach.
- With convulsions boil and finely cut the leaves, add a little vegetable oil and take twice a day in a tablespoon.
- In the diet leaves are boiled, cooled and filter the broth and take it before eating 50 ml.
A spinach diet helps reduce weight and helps cleanse the body. Such a diet improves the condition of the vessels and the heart, preventing diseases of the digestive system.
Neutral taste of spinach allows its use in many dishes. Dough, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes and desserts become emerald hue with the addition of crushed leaves. Cottage cheese with spinach for breakfast will satisfy and energize for the whole day.
Spinach is one of the richest in composition green vegetables. Its useful properties have long been highly appreciated in the West, but for some reason they are not treated with due attention in our country. Even a small amount of this product in the daily diet will significantly improve the quality of life.
We also offer to see an interesting video on the topic of the article:
Like this article? Subscribe to site updates via RSS, or stay tuned to Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.
Inclusion in the daily diet of leafy greens of the garden allows to improve the quality of nutrition and regularly saturate the body with healing compounds. Today I want to tell you in detail about the benefits and harms of spinach - an annual herb that leaves it rich in vitamins, amino acids, proteins, organic acids, antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Spinach belongs to the amaranth family; it is distributed in the wild in Asia. Grow the plant for medicinal and nutritional purposes began in the beginning of the 9th century in Persia. The fragrant greens in the old days deservedly received the name of "the general among leafy vegetables." Its use is especially important in the early spring, when our organisms lack vitamins. Spinach acquires special value for Orthodox Christians who observe Lent.
Dishes from fresh and boiled spinach are found in Mediterranean, Persian, Arabic, Oriental and Russian cuisines. The benefits of spinach juice is a high concentration of biologically active compounds, as well as fresh leaves gruel is widely used in folk medicine for the treatment of multiple ailments and breakdowns of the human body. But first things first.
The health benefits of spinach lie in the unique composition of the aerial parts of the plant. For example, the plant is rich in oxalic acid, which is contraindicated in patients prone to the formation of calculi in the kidneys, and it is undesirable to introduce purine compounds into the diet of people suffering from gout. Therefore, before including the spinach greens in the treatment-and-prophylactic nutrition, you should carefully examine the contraindications for health and get the approval of your specialist.
Biochemical composition and calorie content
If we recalculate the vegetative mass of the crop by weight, then spinach, of course, occupies a leading position among vegetables in the number of nutrient compounds.
First of all, we are talking about powerful antioxidants, neutralizing the destructive activity of free radicals in the cells of our body, preventing the oxidative stress of the body, slowing down the aging process.
Spinach has a complete set of essential and non-essential amino acids. In particular, it comes from tryptophan - a substance that is transformed in our body into a “happiness hormone” called serotonin. That is why nutritionists insist on the inclusion of plants in the menu of all women, children and men losing weight and prone to apathy.
Greens belong to the main food source of folic acid (vitamin B9), which was first isolated by scientists from spinach leaves. All other B vitamins, ascorbic acid, carotenoids, retinol, K, PP, tocopherols are fully present in the plant.
Calorie spinach is only 23 kcal per 100 g of product. It contains protein compounds (2.9 g), carbohydrates (2 g), fiber (1.3 g), a small amount of fat (0.3 g), mainly represented by saturated fatty acids and ash compounds - a source of macro- and trace elements.
Spinach benefits for the body
Due to the high protein content (among vegetable crops, spinach is inferior in protein only to legumes), dishes from fresh and boiled greens are indispensable in the diet of vegetarians, people who keep fast and those who are trying to lose weight. Most of the vitamins are stored in spinach even after heat treatment.
The main beneficial and therapeutic properties of spinach include:
- cleansing and stimulating intestinal motility,
- laxative and diuretic,
- regulating blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- hematopoiesis that improves the functioning of organs and normalizes the composition of blood,
- enhances visual acuity due to the presence of vitamin A, carotene and lutein,
- activates all types of metabolism
- stimulating energy production
- antidepressant and sedative,
Experienced doctors advise including in the menu spinach in any form to patients with the following diseases: anemia, scurvy, vitamin deficiency, tuberculosis, hypertension, tendency to constipation, hemorrhoids, diabetes, reduced immunity, neurosis, depression, chronic stress and fatigue, obesity, fatigue .
Spinach puree soup with beef broth
Boil ½ kg of washed leaves in ½ liter of water to softness and mash the mass in a blender. In boiled broth prepared beforehand, boil until soft ½ kg of peeled potatoes, rub the potatoes directly into the liquid using the “crush”. Add the spinach puree to the soup, cook for 2-3 minutes after boiling, serve to the table in deep plates.
If desired, small pieces of beef or veal boiled in broth are placed in each serving. For dressing use a sauce of sour cream, a few drops of lemon juice, a teaspoon of paprika and a pinch of ground black pepper. Personally, such a dressing seems to me much more useful than store mayonnaise.
Vegetarian vitamin salad from young shoots of spinach Spicy
I cook this salad in spring, while the leaves of the plant are tender and juicy. I washed the washed greens with boiled water, doused with cold water and laid out the leaves on a plate in an even layer.
To refuel, I mix a tablespoon of soy sauce with the same amount of lemon juice and olive oil, add pounded garlic (1-2 cloves) and ground walnut kernels (dessert spoon). The resulting composition evenly spill the spinach leaves and immediately served to the table.
Cheese and Spinach Pie
This snack pie can be made from any kind of dough: yeast, puff, “like a pizza”. The easiest way to buy ready-made dough in the layers in the supermarket.
For the filling, I take ½ kg of spinach puree, mix with grated cheese (0.4 kg) and two raw eggs. Salt stuffing is not worth it, since the cheese itself is quite salty product. I carefully spread the mixed mass on the first layer of the rolled dough, naturally, the baking sheet should be greased.
Next, I cover the cake with a second layer of dough, spread it over sour cream or whipped eggs and bake in the oven at about 180 ° C for 30-50 minutes. Baking time depends on the characteristics of your oven. To prevent the cake from burning, periodically look at the color of the upper layer.
I check the product's readiness with the help of a toothpick, with which I pierce the cake. If it stays clean and the top has a pleasant golden hue, I turn off the oven, leaving the cake to simmer for another 30 minutes. Serve the cake, cut into portions, warm or cold.
Spinach for women's health, application in cosmetology
Spinach's health benefits for women are found in phytohormones involved in the process of hormone production by the endocrine glands, as well as, due to iodine in leaves, improves the state of the thyroid gland and the entire endocrine system as a whole.
The beneficial properties of spinach for women are not limited to internal use. Masks with boiled or fresh porridge of leaves have a rejuvenating, tightening, nourishing, softening, regenerating and tonic effect on the skin.
Spinach mask for healthy skin
Вот рецепт уникальной маски, которую я несколько лет назад начала регулярно делать с весны до поздней осени. The result exceeded the most daring expectations, my skin became elastic, elastic, tender, the oval of the face tightened (in conjunction with exercises aimed at tightening the facial muscles), the pores narrowed and cleared of black dots.
I rinse 2 bunches of spinach (about 100 g), steam in 150 ml of boiling water and torment me in a water bath in a glass bowl until completely softened. In the cooled mashed potatoes, I add 5 ml of fresh carrot juice (strain the grated root through several layers of gauze) and a teaspoon of honey, for example, acacia (this variety does not sugar and has a liquid texture for several years).
For owners of dry, loose and aged skin, beauticians recommend adding 2-3 ml of olive or sesame oil. I spread the homogeneous mass between the layers of gauze, in which the holes for the eyes and lips are cut, and apply it to the face, neck and decollete for 20 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm infusion of green tea, which has tonic properties.
Possible harm and contraindications
In rare cases, a plant allergy is possible. Do not use spinach in any form to patients with gout and any pathologies of the kidneys: nephritis, urinary and renal stone disease, renal failure, etc. In the presence of chronic systemic diseases, consultation with a specialist and an experienced nutritionist is necessary.
When growing greens for sale, including spinach, numerous mineral fertilizers are used to increase the yield, in particular ammonium nitrate and urea, as well as pesticides necessary for the destruction of diseases and pests of cultivated plants.
With an excess of nitrogen in the soil, the leaf apparatus accumulates nitrates and nitrins - compounds that are hazardous to health. Toxic chemicals are also incorporated into the structure of the leaves, the use of which is fraught with serious health problems.
Therefore, like any leafy greens, it is recommended to buy spinach from reliable suppliers, private traders, farmers, and even better to grow independently. Only in this way would you be able to avoid consuming leaves saturated with nitrates and toxic substances.
- Personally, I grow early spinach on the window sill facing south, and in the summer I plant a whole flower box on the open part of the balcony with spinach. Harvest succulent leaves to collect frost.
Another underwater stone in spinach cultivation is the ability of a plant to literally absorb all toxic compounds not only from the soil, but also from the air. That is why spinach grown near highways, industrial facilities, along roadsides is not only unhealthy, but also extremely harmful to health.
By including early spinach in the daily menu, you can prevent spring vitamin deficiencies and cleanse the body of accumulated toxins. Let the recipes with spinach go into your culinary piggy bank. I wish you good health and active longevity!
Spinach Health Benefits
The rich vitamin composition of spinach has made it an indispensable source of nutrients. The use of this plant in food heals the body and enriches it with nutritional components.
This plant has:
- vessel strengthening properties.
The plant improves the gastrointestinal tract and normalizes the work of metabolic processes. Spinach is beneficial for its cleansing action. It removes harmful substances from the body (toxins, slags, salts, metals), improves digestion, eliminates problems of constipation.
The leaves of the plant contain beneficial substances that help normalize hemoglobin. Due to the huge amount of iron, spinach helps to saturate the body's cells with oxygen.
The plant has an antitumor effect, which makes its use particularly useful in cancer. Phytonutrients that make up the plant inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Spinach juice has a tonic effect. It charges with cheerfulness, relieves fatigue and gives strength.
The benefits of the plant is its ability to lower sugar, which makes it indispensable in the diet of people suffering from diabetes.
The composition of spinach includes vitamin K, which increases blood clotting and strengthens bone tissue. Eating spinach improves bone health and reduces the risk of osteoclast development (cells that cause bone tissue looseness).
The high content of beta-carotene in spinach, significantly increases visual acuity, a positive effect on the retina and eye mucosa. It prevents the risk of developing eye diseases and helps preserve vision.
Spinach is especially useful for people suffering from circulatory and cardiovascular diseases. It is recommended daily to use the leaves of the plant with anemia and hemorrhoids.
Spinach leaves have a disinfectant and disinfectant effect. They are recommended to be taken for external use in the presence of wounds, cuts and even furunculosis.
Spinach is useful for hormonal disorders, thyroid disease, vitamin deficiency and metabolic disorders.
Useful spinach for the male reproductive system. The plant improves reproductive function and increases the potency. With regular use increases testosterone, improves the work of the prostate gland. The plant prevents the occurrence of sexual dysfunction and strengthens the health of the man.
Benefits for women
The rich natural composition and a huge number of medicinal properties of spinach make its use especially useful for the woman's body.
Especially helpful pregnancy spinach. The plant enriches the body of the expectant mother and child with all the necessary vitamins and trace elements. Folic acid, which is part of the plant, strengthens the structure of the fetus, and also improves the blood formation process.
Breastfeeding the product is also useful as it provides the body with nutrients. However, the child’s body may react to spinach with an allergic reaction, so it is better to consult with your doctor before use.
Due to its low calorie content and beneficial substances, spinach is recommended for consumption. in the period of losing weight. Among the beneficial properties of a plant, it is distinguished by its ability to accelerate metabolism and eliminate toxic substances and salts that prevent weight loss.
Also, the benefits of spinach for a woman's body is its rejuvenating effect. The plant is used to prepare various nutritional masks that tighten the skin and eliminate fine wrinkles. About what are the homemade cosmetics for skin care of the face, let's talk further.
Folk Spinach Remedies
Alternative medicine offers many recipes using spinach. This product is used for medicinal purposes for the treatment of various ailments. Its medicinal properties are used to treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, skin diseases, etc.
To cure hemorrhoids a bunch of plants scroll through a meat grinder and squeeze the juice. Mix in equal proportions the juice of the plant and almond oil. Accepts the product in one spoon twice a day. The course is two to three weeks.
Folk remedy for eczema, burns and boils: boil the leaves of the plant in olive oil until ready. The resulting mixture is applied to damaged skin 2-3 times a day.
To normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract recommend to use fortified salad. To make it, we take 100 g of the leaves of the plant, chop and mix it with sour cream and one egg. Salad consumed within two days.
With convulsions leaves of the plant boil in a water bath. Next, grind and mix with 2 tbsp. l olive oil. The resulting tool takes 1 tbsp. l twice a day. The course is one month.
Treatment of anemia and headache based on juice mix. For her, mix juice from:
Ingredients are taken in equal proportions. We consume for three days half a glass of juice four times a day.
To improve metabolism chop the leaves of the plant, mix them with 2 cloves of garlic and 0.5 tsp. horseradish and 100 g grated apples grated. The resulting tool put in the fridge and eat every morning on an empty stomach, 10-15 grams.
Useful properties of the plant are used in home cosmetology. On the basis of spinach make skin care medicines. In this case, the use of plants for women is to improve the condition of the epidermis. The juice of the plant stimulates the production of collagen, improves skin tone and enriches it with vitamins and minerals.
Anti-aging mask is prepared according to the recipe:
- We put 50-100 grams of a plant in the enameled capacity.
- Add milk and cook.
- When the mass takes the consistency of mush, spread it on a layer of gauze.
- We accept a lying position and apply gauze to the face.
- Keep the mask for 20 minutes, wash off and apply a nourishing cream.
Nourishing mask. 100 g of the leaves of my plant and pour half a cup of boiling water. When the plant is soft, lay it on a saucer, cool it and add 1 tsp. carrot juice, 1 spoon of honey and a few drops of any essential oil. Mix and apply on face, neck and décolleté for 20 minutes. Then wash off with cool green tea and apply cream.
Whitening mask. Spinach leaves carefully pound. Pour a spoonful of olive oil and a little lemon juice, mix and apply on face for 20 minutes. Then wash off with cool water.
Cookery is replete with various recipes based on spinach. This plant is used in the preparation of salads, soups, side dishes, bakery products, etc. Most often cooked salads with spinach.
The most popular salad recipe contains ingredients:
- spinach - 1 bunch,
- bacon - 100 g,
- champignons - 100 g,
- sesame - 1 tbsp. lt
- sea salt,
- ground black pepper,
- olive oil.
Sesame dried in a pan and put it to the side. We take one bunch of spinach, wash, dry and chop. Bacon cut into thin plates and fry until crispy. Spread on a plate. Mushrooms cut into two parts (you can and 4, depending on their size). Fry in a pan in the remaining fat from the bacon. Put the spinach on the dish and sprinkle it with mushrooms, sesame and bacon. Salt, pepper and sprinkle with olive oil. The dish is ready to eat!
Delicious and healthy soup can be prepared on the basis of spinach. The recipe will need the following components:
- spinach 500g
- beef meat - 0.5 kg,
- potatoes - 0.5 kg,
- lemon juice - 1 tsp,
- sour cream - 1 tbsp. l
A pound of spinach is ground in a blender to a puree state. Cook the broth from lean beef meat. Add spices and salt. As soon as it is ready, take it out. In the remaining broth, cut 0.5 kg of potatoes. Bring the potatoes to a state of readiness, then mash them (right in the broth). Add to the resulting mass of leaves of spinach, wait for the mixture to boil. After boiling for another two minutes.
Cooking dressing: take 1 tbsp. l sour cream and mix it with lemon juice and pepper. Ready soup is poured into a plate and served along with the dressing.
A hearty and healthy spinach pie is made from ingredients:
- spinach - 0.5 kg,
- White cheese - 400 g,
- yeast dough,
- eggs - 2 pieces,
- butter - 10 g,
- salt, spices to taste.
Take 0.5 kg of spinach and grind it in a blender. Grate 400 g of Bulgarian (or any other not very salty) cheese and mix with two raw eggs. Roll out the layer of dough (yeast) and lay it in a baking dish, pre-lubricated with butter. We lay out the stuffing and then cover it on the sides with a layer of dough. We bake about 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
A quick and healthy drink made from spinach will help remove all toxins from the body. It will require:
- spinach - 2 bunches,
- Kiwi - 1 pc.,
- banana - 1 pc.,
Spinach is well washed, dried. We grind all three ingredients in a blender. The drink is ready to eat! This delicious cocktail is especially useful for losing weight. It speeds up the metabolism, nourishes and charges with vivacity.
How to choose and store spinach?
The choice of spinach should be treated with the utmost care. The plant must be young. Leaves - dense, without any stains and inclusions. When bent, the leaf usually produces a crunch, which indicates its freshness.
Dark large sheets talk about the maturity of spinach. It is better to eat a young plant of light green color.
Store the plant is recommended in the refrigerator, but not more than two days. After this time, spinach begins to lose its unique beneficial properties. Freshly spinach is best stored in a special container or in a glass of water.
Of particular benefit is frozen spinach. Being subjected to freezing the plant does not lose its properties. This allows it to be used at any time of the year. However, in this form, spinach should be stored no more than three months.