The initial stage of cystitis is the simplest stage of the disease, which is not difficult in terms of therapeutic recovery. However, any delay in treatment can lead to complications and a much more difficult way out of the problem. Cystitis is considered a female disease, although men can also suffer from it. The high frequency of pathological development in the weaker sex is due to the special anatomical structure. The timely start of therapeutic action will eliminate the likelihood of complications in the form of severe pain, blood, pus and the development of a chronic type of the disease.
Little about the disease
Cystitis itself is an inflammatory process in the bladder. It can be caused by various reasons - from hypothermia to the ingress of bacteria of different types. Also, the causes of the initial stage of cystitis in women can be severe stress, hormonal failure, a cold, and so on.
The main symptoms of the disease at the primary stage have the following manifestations:
- cramps that are based in the lower abdomen,
- the constant feeling of wanting to visit the toilet, which has a false character,
- the patient may shiver, there is a general feeling of weakness, the temperature may rise,
- pain and burning during urination,
- the appearance of red spots or patches on the surface of the mucous membrane, itchy feeling.
Treatment of the initial stage of cystitis may be needed as a result of errors that everyone can make during their lifetime. For example, if in the cold period of time, allow yourself to sit on stone or metal surfaces, dress not too warm, wear short skirts. Also, the reason may be swimming in excessively cold water and so on.
In addition, the main causes of the disease include bacteria, viruses, and weakened immunity. Particular danger is manifested during long-term exposure to low or negative temperatures, during pregnancy or during childbirth, during chronic progression of the disease, in the presence of infections in the digestive system, during weakening of the immune system (ARVI, cold), during sexual promiscuity, using potent rectal or vaginal type without prior consultation with a specialist. Therefore, in the presence of symptoms of the initial stage of cystitis, it is important to immediately contact a specialist who, by the results of the examination, will prescribe the correct treatment.
Features of treatment
Even considering that the treatment of cystitis at the very beginning is not a difficult task, it is important to start all activities on time. At the same time, the basis of effectiveness lies in timely referral to a specialist. According to the results of examinations and analyzes, the doctor identifies the root cause of the problem and can prescribe the most effective complex, thanks to which the patient will cope with the problem as soon as possible.
What is the treatment of the initial stage of cystitis? Here are some basic tools that will help the patient:
- heating the inflamed area, using heating pads / physiotherapy / baths and so on,
- strict diet prescribed by a doctor
- use of antibacterial agents, depending on the type of pathogen,
- the use of anti-inflammatory drugs,
- the appointment of pharmaceutical herbs that will help remove toxins from the body,
- in the presence of other sources of disease in the body, their compulsory therapy is also required,
- the use of antibiotics in strict accordance with the appointment of a specialist.
In the treatment of cystitis, the systemic nature of all measures and the comprehensive approach are important.
In order not to know what to do at the initial stage of cystitis, it is better to keep your body under control, and to carry out the maximum number of preventive measures that will prevent the disease.
So, the first is to adhere to the rules of personal hygiene, monitor cleanliness, and it is also advisable to use special cleaning products. It is very important to use underwear from natural materials, which will pass the air, not to rub or squeeze. Women should wear less thongs. Also, it is better to have your own towels.
It is very important to control sex life, use protection and not change partners.
Be sure to undergo regular examinations at the urologist and gynecologist.
You can take decoctions of various herbs that improve blood circulation, help strengthen the immune system, saturate the body with vitamins and mineral elements.
It is necessary to lead an active lifestyle, play sports. Proper nutrition will also prevent the development of the problem of inflammation of the bladder. It is very important to monitor the status of other chronic diseases, subject to their presence.
We also offer to visit our cystitis forum, reviews can help you a lot or leave your comments. Remember that by sharing your experience you can help someone as much as you can.
Most girls experience this disease as a teenager. The reason for the development of cystitis becomes, as a rule, the wearing of thin tights and short light jackets in the cold season. Thus, in many, the disease takes on a chronic form. All because of the previously shown carelessness, which then have to regret. This is because cystitis is a rather delicate and unpleasant disease.
How does cystitis manifest? Symptoms of pathology
Simply put, this disease is an inflammatory process. The place of its occurrence is the bladder mucosa. Cystitis, the symptoms of which are generally similar in patients of both sexes, is usually accompanied by characteristic lower abdominal pain. Also constant companions of this disease are frequent and painful urination. It is worth recalling that the female half of the population is much more likely to suffer from cystitis. This is due to a number of hormonal and anatomical features. The following signs indicate the onset of cystitis: the appearance of acute, cutting pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urge to urinate. In most cases, the latter are false.
Speaking about how to treat cystitis at home, it is necessary to clearly assess the condition. So, for example, the nature of pain depends on the stage of development of the disease: the more neglected it is, the stronger the discomfort. In some cases, there is a slight increase in temperature. It is worth considering that if the treatment is not provided at this stage, the disease will very quickly become chronic. In this case, the inflammatory process will begin as soon as the patient freezes a little. For example, if he will be lightly dressed or wet his feet.
The fact is that the disease greatly complicates life. Since it is more difficult and longer to treat chronic cystitis than it is at the initial stage, experts recommend not to delay a visit to the doctor. The advanced stage is characterized by the release of pus and blood along with urine. In this case requires inpatient treatment.
As a rule, cystitis appears under the influence of two factors:
- Complications of infectious diseases.
- The action of pathogenic microorganisms (meaning chlamydia, staphylococcus, E. coli and many other viruses).
Accordingly, the disease can be divided into two large groups: non-bacterial and bacterial. The following factors may also contribute to the onset of cystitis:
- Messy sex.
- Weak immunity.
- Inflammatory processes in adjacent organs.
- Frequent overcooling.
It should be noted that cystitis can occur in any person. It is recommended that you carefully follow personal hygiene and monitor your own health.
Features of therapy
Be sure to visit the doctor for those who first had cystitis. How to treat (these will be tablets or any other methods), the specialist will recommend based on the assessment of the clinical picture. Without professional counseling, it is simply impossible to begin therapy. First of all, it is necessary to pass all relevant tests. Only a doctor can determine the stage of development of the disease. Cystitis is mainly diagnosed due to changes in the composition of urine. The disease is indicated by an increase in the number of bacteria and leukocytes. In some cases, the composition of the urine is observed protein and red blood cells.
The specialist, taking into account the peculiarities of the patient's body, will tell you what medicine treats cystitis. It should be noted that in this pathology an individual approach is applied. However, despite all this, the disease is not classified as severe. Those who know how to treat cystitis can conduct therapy on their own. The ideal option is considered an integrated approach. It involves a combination of drugs with traditional medicine.
First of all, it is necessary to accurately determine the causes of cystitis. After this, efforts should be directed towards alleviating the general condition and eliminating the symptoms. When the first symptoms of the disease appear, it is recommended to exclude the following products from the diet:
You also need to warm up and drink plenty of fluids. It is recommended to wear warm clothes and socks, as well as wrap a blanket.
It is necessary to diversify the diet with the following products:
It is established that these products do not irritate the bladder mucosa.
Of the drinks should be preferred:
- Mineral water without gas.
- Decoction of herbs.
The fluid helps to remove pathogenic bacteria from the body. Accordingly, if you use it in large quantities, a person will quickly go on the mend. If you follow these simple recommendations, you can feel some relief from the condition already on the first day of treatment.
The choice of how to treat cystitis depends on the degree of pathology. Acute stage is considered to be unallocated, isolated cases of this disease. The approach to their treatment should be comprehensive. In most cases, this cystitis is accompanied by acute pain. The patient must strictly follow the diet and bed rest. You should also increase the amount of fluid consumed. During treatment, alcohol is strictly contraindicated.
It is necessary to use antibiotic therapy. In this case, without the help of a doctor is not enough. Currently widely used potent short courses. These medicines are quite effective. The most frequently prescribed drugs such as Monural, Biseptol, Furadonin, Nolicin.
The use of various infusions and decoctions is also very effective (how to treat cystitis at home with folk remedies will be described below).
The next stage of therapy involves carrying out thermal procedures. How to treat cystitis at home in this way? In this case, use warming baths. You also need plenty of hot drinks and warm clothes. Mostly used sedentary baths. There are added various herbs that have an antibacterial effect. For example, chamomile or St. John's wort.
The bath should be prepared in the following proportion: about 3 tablespoons of herbs are needed for 1 liter of hot boiled water. It is necessary to scald the basin with boiling water before the broth is poured in. It so happens that it is not enough. In this case, diluted with water. The recommended duration of the procedure is up to 20 minutes. It can be repeated up to 3 times a day. It is also permissible to use a mixture of several herbs. For example, chamomile, dandelion root, celandine and calamus. This is one of the most popular options for treating cystitis at home with folk remedies.
Herbal baths can relieve cramps and pain in the abdomen. After the procedure, you should go to bed and stay warm. It is recommended to sleep in pajamas and socks. Subject to these rules, improvements will follow the very next day. It is worth paying attention to one very important contraindication. The use of thermal procedures in the allocation of blood with urine is unacceptable. In this case, they can only aggravate the situation. The help of the doctor and hospitalization is required.
Fighting a neglected form of pathology
As a rule, if all recommendations are followed, manifestations of the acute stage of the disease are eliminated rather quickly. However, chronic cystitis is not easily treated. It is worth considering that at this stage of the disease the bacteria very firmly fixed in the body. Accordingly, it is much more difficult to deal with them. This is due to the fact that pathogens are prone to the rapid development of immunity to various antibacterial drugs. There are many options for how to treat cystitis at home. The following article will list the most common ones.
You need to mix one spoon of the following ingredients:
The recommended dose - 1 cup of infusion during the day. At the same time, it should be divided into three equal parts. Course duration - up to three weeks. You can also drink the infusion until it improves.
To prepare the infusion will require the following ingredients:
- Bear ears.
- Corn silk.
Infusion is prepared in the following ratio: 1 tbsp. l herbs require half a liter of boiling water. The decoction is infused for at least two hours. It is recommended to use it a few tablespoons at least three times during the day. After some time, the number of urge to urinate significantly reduced. Reduction of pain is observed after the first dose of this medication. It is necessary to take into account the fact that this broth can not be used for more than one week.
To prepare the broth will need the following ingredients:
Similar fees can be purchased at pharmacies. Self preparation is also possible. This tincture very well helps in strengthening the immune system. It is recommended to use the course in ten days. Then the application can be repeated as a preventive measure.
How to treat cystitis during pregnancy?
In this case, certain difficulties may arise. This is due to the fact that most antibiotics cannot be used during pregnancy. It is also worth considering that in this situation it is not recommended to self-medicate. You can resort to the use of folk remedies. They will help eliminate the manifestations of the disease. However, their use will not solve the problem completely.
Also very often used instillation. In some cases, just a few procedures are enough. They can greatly alleviate the condition of women. The advantages of this method of treatment include the fact that it does not affect the development of the fetus.
Most often, during cystitis during pregnancy, a drug called Monual is used. He is able to significantly reduce the duration of treatment. It should be noted that this drug has very few side effects. In some cases, the use of drug therapy is too dangerous. This is due to the high risk of side effects. In this case, it is advisable to use physiotherapy. For example, a hot water bottle, UHF, iontophoresis or inductothermy. They can greatly alleviate unpleasant symptoms. It is also worth noting that there is a need for a full treatment immediately after delivery.
A woman can get cystitis and immediately after giving birth. I must say that not all drugs can be used during lactation. How to treat cystitis nursing mom? First of all, you should visit the doctor. As a rule, a specialist prescribes such drugs as "Canephron" and "Fitolysin."
If your partner is sick
How to treat cystitis in men? First of all, it is necessary to take into account the fact that observation by a qualified physician cannot be neglected. Traditional methods are well combined with traditional medicine. It is worth noting the effectiveness of drug therapy. Very often for the treatment of this disease is used such a drug as "Kanefron." Its active ingredients provide antibacterial effects. They also have an average anti-inflammatory effect. This drug is most commonly used to treat bladder diseases in men. Also worth noting is a medicine called "Fitolysin." It has the form of a paste, which is used to prepare the solution. The composition of this drug is enriched with many herbal ingredients, among them:
- Highlander bird.
- Birch leaf.
It contains other herbal ingredients that provide anti-inflammatory effects and a pronounced diuretic effect. This drug is also widely used for urolithiasis. It contributes to the washing out of sand from the kidneys. Here's how to treat cystitis at home in men. I must say that in the treatment can be applied and the recipes listed above (baths and infusions).
What is characterized by the initial stage of cystitis?
Inflammation in the urogenital organs is now just beginning, and it is still too early to even talk about the progression and further spread of it. Nevertheless, it is quite possible to notice the main features:
Другое название этого симптома –лейкоцитурия. Пиурия – это выделение гноя в моче. Несмотря на то, что звучит определение достаточно страшно, все оказывается куда проще. The patient simply detects changes in the urine, most often - its turbidity, which occurs due to an increase in the number of leukocytes secreted by the body to combat the resulting infection.
This symptom is most characteristic of cystitis. With dysuria, one or other urinary disorders occur. This may be pain when urinating, or partial incontinence, incomplete emptying of the bladder, and so on. The severity of this symptom in different patients may vary, and if one patient feels only mild discomfort during urination, the other is surprised at the inability to restrain the urge, as it was before.
This symptom means the appearance of blood in the urine at the end of urination. Unfortunately, few people are accustomed to observe how the process itself takes place, but is only satisfied with its completion and quickly starts its usual business.
You should not expect at the initial stage of cystitis of all three listed signs of inflammation. Thus, a very small number of patients encounter terminal hematuria. The same can be said about the severity of these signs. It all depends on the source data of a particular patient - the state of his immunity at the moment, susceptibility to infections, and concomitant factors.
Most often, in the initial stage of inflammation, people notice the appearance of the first two symptoms. This is due to the rapid increase in the sensitivity of the mucous membrane of the bladder, which had previously not given any signals. Nerve endings, which are very tight in this area, are quickly excited and declare it to the body.
Among the varieties of urination disorders experienced by patients at the initial stage of bladder inflammation, it is possible to note pollachiuaria. It manifests itself as an increase in urination. The patient feels the urge to use the toilet much more often than before. Sometimes the time from the last trip to the toilet until the next urge takes only 10-15 minutes. In the future, the intervals will only decrease, and all the symptoms will increase.
What needs to be done at the first sign of cystitis?
The best thing a patient can do is to visit a urologist. Well, if the patient tries to remember all the factors that occurred in the recent past and could cause the appearance of cystitis. This will help the doctor to more fully see and properly assess the clinical picture. So, the discomfort could appear the next day after unprotected intercourse, or after a long stay on the street during the cold season. Perhaps, a person has recently been treated for colds and took antibacterial agents in large quantities, which could affect the decrease in immunity. All this will make a difference for the doctor.
It is also necessary to remember the dates when the patient first felt changes in his urogenital organs. This will help the doctor correctly predict the development of cystitis and make a correct assumption about the severity of the disease at the moment.
Finally, the worst thing a patient can do is to try to identify the cause of the inflammation on their own. Even the urologist will not diagnose only by external examination, but will definitely send the patient to take tests that will reveal the causative agent.
The same can be said about cases when a patient tries to treat cystitis with medical means even before visiting a doctor. Firstly, the drugs he takes may be ineffective against this pathogen. Secondly, when using drugs in the wrong dosage, you can face both side effects and lack of effectiveness of the drug. In the latter case, this may lead to a decrease in the resistance of pathogenic cells to this group of antibacterial agents, which means that the doctor has less choice among the range of medicines for prescribing cystitis to the patient.
Finally, such actions by a patient who is trying to cure cystitis at an initial stage on their own, as a rule, worsen the clinical picture, and it is more difficult for a doctor to assess the degree of damage to the urinary organs.
What can be done at home?
If an emergency visit to the doctor fails, you can help yourself to delay the development of inflammation for a short time. The main treatment guidelines are about changing some of the daily habits. What to look for:
- It should be limited in the diet of fatty, fried, spicy and pickled foods. It provokes inflammation and helps to increase the sensitivity of nerve cells in the bladder area.
- If possible, you should comply with bed rest or at least limit significant physical exertion. If the patient visited the gym earlier, was actively involved in sports, then before visiting the urologist it is better to refrain from this good habit. The fact is that now a person needs immunity more than ever, and training can reduce the body's own strength, and cystitis will progress.
- It is necessary to change the diet. It is believed that the need to increase the amount of water consumed per day to 2-2.5 liters. It is desirable that this was pure water or decoctions and infusions that have a slight anti-inflammatory effect.
- It is also better to give up warming up the genital area. Despite the fact that later warming up procedures can be prescribed by a doctor, now, before ascertaining the causes of inflammation, it is better to refuse to visit baths and saunas and overlays of heating pads on the affected area.
- The hygiene of the urogenital zone during this period should be strengthened. This does not mean that you need to rub the genitals with an effort to get rid of cystitis. On the contrary, such active actions will most likely lead to the appearance of itching in the perineum. For cleansing the urinary organs it is better to use clean water, and all hygiene products, including those with various additives, leave for later. For example, the use of conventional soap can contribute to the violation of microflora, and if cystitis is caused by the reproduction of the fungus Candida, the disease from such hygienic procedures will progress.
They are especially effective in the initial stages of the disease. All recipes have a natural basis, and therefore are considered safe and can treat uncomplicated cystitis. The exception is the individual intolerance of any component.
This pleasant and tasty drink actually has an anti-inflammatory effect. There are several recipes for making cranberry juice, here is the easiest and quickest. So, 1 glass of berries must be softened. You can do it by hand, kneading the berries in a glass with a spoon, or with a blender. Now the composition is poured into the pan, 1 liter of water is added, and the composition is brought to a boil. After the composition is cooled, it must be drained and add a little sugar - no more than 3 tbsp. If a person quite likes the sour taste, then you can do without sugar. For prophylactic purposes or for the treatment of cystitis at the initial stage, it is necessary to use this drink at 0.5-1 glass before meals, three times a day.
The first signs of cystitis
The disease has a characteristic clinical picture, so it is difficult to confuse with anything. The first signs of the disease appear already at its early stage. At the beginning of cystitis indicate these symptoms:
- Discomfort when urinating. During the act of urination, patients experience severe cramps and a burning sensation.
- Pain in the projection of the bladder, burning in the urethra outside the act of urination. In severe cases, the pain may give in the leg or perineum.
- The urge to urinate becomes very frequent and most of them are deceptive.
- Change in color and clarity of urine. It becomes turbid, and its color may come close to brown. This phenomenon is due to blood in the urine. This alarming symptom indicates the involvement of the intima vessels of the bladder in the inflammatory process.
- Weakness, fatigue. Sometimes there is subfebrile hyperthermia. In the presence of severe inflammation, body temperature rises to febrile (38.0 - 39.9 degrees) and even to hectic (more than 40 degrees) figures.
- A microscopic examination of urine reveals a large number of intimal bladder epithelium, leukocytes, and red blood cells.
- In general, the analysis of blood appears markers of inflammation - leukocytosis with a shift of the leukocyte formula to the left, an increase in the erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
Causes of the disease
To prevent cystitis, you need to understand why it starts. The basis of this pathology is inflammation, which is infectious or non-infectious.
Infectious cystitis occurs due to penetration of pathogens into the bladder. Multiplying in it, they provoke the development of the disease. There are several reasons for this:
- The presence of acute or chronic inflammation of the genital organs in women. Even ordinary vaginal candidiasis or thrush can cause cystitis. Also lead to its development of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Hypothermia Each organism has its opportunistic microflora, which, under normal health conditions, does not cause any pathological processes. Once a person is frozen, his immunity is reduced. As a result, conditionally pathogenic microorganisms acquire negative properties, which causes the development of the disease.
- Bacteria can enter the bladder from inflammatory foci localized in other parts of the body. In this case, the route of infection is hematogenous or lymphogenous.
- There is a special type of this disease, which is popularly called “honeymoon cystitis”. It occurs after unprotected sexual intercourse, especially if it first occurs in both partners. Also, the development of this pathology predisposes having sex during menstruation.
- Often, cystitis is one of the first signs of an "interesting situation." In pregnant women, under the influence of hormones, immunity is suppressed. It is so conceived by nature, because initially the future child is an alien genetic material for the mother's body.
- Taking drugs that suppress ovulation or emergency contraception. This leads to a violation of the natural hormonal background of the female body. The result is a reduction in the activity of the immune system and an increase in susceptibility to various infections.
Non-infectious cystitis develops as a result of exposure to adverse factors. It also causes the development of an inflammatory process in the bladder. These include:
- Urolithiasis disease. Concrements in the bladder lumen irritate his intima. Over time, this leads to the development of inflammation in it.
- Radiation therapy of malignant neoplasms or taking anti-tumor drugs. These aggressive effects have a damaging effect not only on the metastased tissue, but also on the mucous membranes of all organs.
- Abuse of alcohol, fatty and spicy foods.
- Injury injury to the intima of the bladder during endoscopic procedures or diagnostic procedures.
- Prostatic hypertrophy in older men. An enlarged prostate prevents free passage of urine, causing it to stagnate in the bladder. With prolonged contact with his intima, urine has an annoying effect on her.
- Menopause in women. At this stage of life, the function of the reproductive organs fades away, the hormonal background changes. Under the influence of hormones in the female body, atrophic processes are triggered, especially in the mucous membranes.
To provide effective first aid at home, you need to know what to do if suddenly cystitis began. As a rule, the disease manifests a strong pain syndrome. To relieve the discomfort, the patient must be given a horizontal position by placing a heating pad with warm water on the projection area of the bladder. With a strong discomfort in the lower abdomen, give a pill "Aspirin", "Ibuprofen" or "No-shpy." After providing first aid, you should consult a specialist.
Which doctor to contact
Every person should know how cystitis begins, so that when anxious symptoms appear, consult a doctor. This, at first glance, harmless disease can cause more serious health problems. Therefore, a specialist should deal with his treatment.
At the initial stage of the disease, you can go to the clinic at the place of residence to the district physician, who will direct you to the necessary examinations and then, by their results, prescribe the appropriate therapy. In case of severe cystitis or when complications develop, the urologist is engaged in treatment in a hospital setting.
Traditional medical methods
To quickly get rid of the problem, you need to know how to treat the initial stage of cystitis. First of all, it is necessary to stop the multiplication of pathogens and prevent the further development of the inflammatory process. For this purpose, it is prescribed broad-spectrum antibacterial agents - Norfloxacin, Amoxicillin, Ceftriaxone, Furagin, which can be found in any pharmacy.
The treatment of cystitis that developed on the background of thrush is best to start with vaginal suppositories with Clotrimazole. This drug has antifungal properties and is well established in the fight against vaginal candidiasis and its consequences. To relieve pain, prescribe drugs with antispasmodic activity or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics. In order to stimulate the immune system, Cycloferone and Immunofan are shown.
In order to cure cystitis in the shortest possible time, in addition to taking medications, patients must adhere to bed rest, drink about three liters of pure water per day. It is recommended to follow a diet that excludes alcohol, fatty and spicy foods. At the time of the disease need sexual rest.
Treatment of cystitis folk remedies
Alternative medicine offers a considerable arsenal of tools that are effective in combating cystitis. To get rid of the disease is recommended to take inside a decoction of dill seeds or parsley leaves, an infusion of chamomile flowers and lingonberry leaves. Good help warm bath with natural antiseptics - chamomile, calendula. If during the day of treatment with folk remedies the patient did not feel better, you need to consult a doctor.
What happens if you do not treat cystitis at the first sign
In the absence of adequate treatment, acute cystitis becomes chronic, which gives relapses several times a year. Perhaps an upward spread of infection in the kidneys, which leads to the development of acute pyelonephritis.
Its apostematic form is especially dangerous when purulent fusions of carbuncles form in the renal tissues. If this complication is not diagnosed in time and does not begin treatment, the likelihood of developing sepsis and even death is increased.
With long-term presence of stones in the bladder on his intima bedsores are formed, which leads to damage deeper than the underlying layers of its wall. Due to constant contact with the urine, which is an aggressive medium, ulcerative defects occur. Over time, their perforation and the development of urinary peritonitis, which often leads to the death of patients, is possible.
Like any disease, cystitis is easier to prevent than to deal with its effects. For the purpose of prophylaxis, it is recommended to drink at least two liters of pure water per day, strictly observe personal hygiene, perform urination at the first urge, do not overcool, moderately consume alcohol. It is advisable to refrain from intimate contact during menstruation in women, in time to identify and treat sexually transmitted diseases.
What to do at the first sign of cystitis
The symptoms of the disease are well known to most people in our country, because according to statistics, we have up to 30,000,000 cases of patients with cystitis diagnosed each year. Despite the fact that men are also subject to the disease, the main category - women. This is due not only to their anatomical feature, but also their addiction to fashion trends (short skirts and impractical, but beautiful linen).
The main genesis of the development of the disease is a weakened immunity, which contributes to the activation of pathogenic flora, a violation of urine outflow, gynecological infections, hypothermia, and many contributing factors. Late diagnosis and the necessary treatment leads to the transition of the disease into a chronic form and the development of dangerous complications. The fact that you need to do with cystitis, in order not to start the disease, there are recommendations of foreign and domestic urologists.
When cystitis begins and the question arises what to do - the first step in treatment is the destruction of the pathogen. The most reliable and fastest way is antibacterial therapy. При проявлении первых признаков цистита необходимо срочное посещение уролога, для назначения медикаментозной терапии, подходящей для конкретного случая.
Но, если по определенным обстоятельствам посещения врача невозможно, существуют, своего рода средства «скорой помощи», помогающие купировать болезненную симптоматику. Следует отметить, что самостоятельный прием лекарственных средств может исказить клинику болезни и повлиять в дальнейшем, на достоверность диагностики.
- Первое, что необходимо сделать, это обеспечить покой пациенту и скорректировать его рацион питания. The diet should be gentle, without provoking irritation of mucous tissue products: pickles, canned goods, spices, alcoholic and carbonated drinks.
- Abundant (1.5-2 liters / day) use of warm, not sweet drinks (jelly and fruit drinks, lingonberry and cranberry fruit drinks, tea with milk), fresh fruit and vegetable juices (except citrus and tomato), have a healing and soothing effect, contribute to the leaching of bacteria from MP, speeding up the healing process.
- If the cystitis is just taken up with cramping pains, they are used for stopping them: antispasmodics — Drotaverin, Papaverine or No-shpa, dry heat on the projection area of the urinary bladder reservoir, or warm sitting baths, which significantly reduce discomfort after mikci.
- A good diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect has a decoction of medicinal herbs - lingonberry leaves, parsley, horsetail and bearberry. In the pharmacy, you can purchase ready urological herbal tea or kidney tea. Phyto-tablets have a similar effect on the basis of many components of medicinal herbs - Canephron, Monurel or Cyston.
No matter how good the ambulance measures listed above are, even if the signs of the disease disappear completely, without antibiotic therapy, any provoking factor will return the painful symptoms again and again. However, self-prescribing antibiotics based on advice or recommendations on the Internet is strictly prohibited.
Without identifying the pathogen, not every antibiotic will be effective in the treatment of infectious-inflammatory process. And without full-fledged antimicrobial therapy, the acute process easily passes into the phase of the chronic course, which is much more difficult to cure. The only drug that can be treated when tortured acute cystitis is a powerful anti-septic tank - Monural, which is administered once, even in the absence of diagnostic confirmation.
What to do when the disease is "in full swing"
When an infectious inflammatory process in the tissues of the urinary-cystic reservoir is in full swing, very unpleasant and painful signs indicate this: urination is accompanied by painful burning sensation, the urge to miccia constantly arise, cramps in the lower abdomen cause acute pain. Only properly selected antibiotic therapy is able to extinguish the inflammatory process, destroying the pathogen.
But no matter how you are tortured by cystitis, entrust this function to a specialist. It's not a matter of principle, but the fact that pathogens have completely adapted to the recently prescribed drugs for cystitis. For example, drugs of the nitrofuran class in the form of Furagin and Furadonine exhibit insufficient efficacy in the treatment. Appointed today only as a preventive measure.
The first generation of cephalosporins, such as Cefalexin, Cefradin and others, are low effective, and in 50% of cases intestinal collie strains are insensitive to penicillin preparations and Biseptol. In addition, modern antibacterial drugs (antibiotics) with a wide spectrum of action have side effects and a number of restrictions in use.
Therefore, it is necessary to select the drug in accordance with the diagnostic search against a specific pathogen, then this will give the result and eliminate the chronization of the pathology. Today, reserve drugs are used to destroy pathogens (to which pathogens did not have time to develop resistance). These are drugs and analogues of Nolitsin (Normaks, Norbaktin), Palin, Nevigremon, Rulid, Nitroxolin.
As an adjuvant therapy, phytopreparations are added to the treatment complex. They show the main effectiveness at the beginning of the development of infection, before the manifestation of specific symptoms, at the height of the disease, they play a supporting role, improving the effect of the main drugs. The course of treatment must be completed completely. Only the absence of pathogens in urine tests, after antibiotic therapy, will ensure complete recovery and prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Causes of recurrent cystitis
Relapse of the disease is due to many reasons. Knowing about them in advance, many patients would have managed to avoid a protracted process. The most likely factors are:
- The ineffectiveness of the drug to this type of bacteria. This may occur due to the lack of special analysis for flora (tank-seeding) and, as a result, the wrong choice of drug, or frequent replacement of one drug with another.
- Not the right medication. Even the slightest inaccuracy in the rules of admission affects the therapeutic effect. If the drug is in a capsule, it cannot be chewed, as this will break the protective shell of the active substance and its effectiveness will decrease dramatically. After all, the shell is designed so that the aggressive environment of the gastrointestinal tract does not destroy it ahead of time.
- Violation of the mode of drug intake. Timely medication ensures the accumulation of a sufficient concentration of the basic substance in the urine to destroy pathogens. Interruption of the cumulative "chain" does not have the proper detrimental effect on the pathogen, but only contributes to its rapid adaptability to this drug.
- Violation of treatment rules. In intimate relationships, when one of the partners has cystitis, what to do in this case, everyone should know - therapies undergo both partners and exclude close relationships without contraception, otherwise the treatment will not produce results.
What to do, how to act when the “recurring” cystitis “got”
The first thing you need to do when tortured cystitis and does not allow you to live a full life, is to go through a full examination and attend consultations with different specialists. Perhaps the development of relapses due to the influence of comorbidities, which are within the competence of the allergist, dentist, gastroenterologist, neuropathologist or psychiatrist.
Not everyone knows that the emotional state of a person plays a huge role in the development of inflammatory processes in the reservoir cavity of the MP. And it is the psychiatrist who helps to cope with emotions and gain a charge of calm and attitude to solve this problem. According to clinical studies, the effectiveness of psychotherapeutic treatment has been noted in many hundreds of patients.
With frequent relapses, it is useful to be treated under the supervision of specialists in the hospital, where the disposal of pathogens in the structural tissues of the MP will be much faster.
It is worth thinking about their work. If its conditions provide for a long-term restriction of movements contributing to stagnant urine processes, it is better to change this job, or to limit its duration, in order to exclude moments of swelling and blocking of muscle tissues.
As a positive moment, it can be noted that the recurrence of the disease, subject to timely treatment, does not pose a serious threat to the functional work of the body. They only weaken the immune system and disrupt the happy rhythm of life. It depends on the patient how quickly his life will return to its normal course.
Methods of prevention and hygiene
The key point in the prevention of infectious and inflammatory processes in the cavity of the MP - prevention and hygiene, including:
- Prevention of stagnant processes of urine, preventing excessive pressure on the walls of the cystic reservoir, weakening the protective functions of immune phagocytosis. This is achieved by timely micci at the first sign of desire.
- Strict compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene - wiping the perineum in the opposite direction from the anus, which prevents the free penetration of bacterial flora from the intestine into the vagina.
- Exclusion from the use of synthetic underwear. The advantages of natural fabrics are obvious - free ventilation of the skin, do not trap moisture, do not create an excellent environment for the reproduction of pathogens.
- Exclusion from the wardrobe close, constraining the movement of clothing. Free circulation does not have to create a suitable environment for infectious development.
- Correction of the diet with the correct, vitamin and non-irritating mucous tissues, diet, abundant drinking regime.
- Elimination of stressful situations.
- Feasible exercise, which eliminates the risk of stagnant urine and strengthens immune functions.
With the development of infectious and inflammatory processes in the structure of the bladder, do not try to solve the problem on your own or wait for the disease to pass by itself. Cystitis is cunning, able to recur and be complicated by serious diseases. The only option for the right decision is to trust a specialist.
If the child is sick
How to treat cystitis in children? In most cases, the treatment of mice (up to a year) is carried out in stationary conditions. If the child is undergoing therapy at home, then the responsibility for his recovery is passed on to the parents. They must necessarily monitor the regular intake of drugs and the dosage prescribed by the doctor. In the first days of therapy, walks and outdoor games should be excluded. Since it is somewhat more difficult to treat cystitis in children than in adults, it is necessary to monitor the observance of bed rest.
In the event of acute pain or deterioration, a physician should be called. Therapeutic measures should be prescribed in accordance with the cause of the pathology. It should be noted that taking the wrong drugs can lead to serious complications. Mostly prescribed antimicrobial drugs. They can be divided into two groups.
- Candles "papaverine".
- Tablets "baralgin".
- The drug "No-shpa".
- Medicine "Biseptol".
- The drug "Furomag".
- Tablets "5-NOK".
- Medicine "Furagin".
In some cases, therapeutic interventions do not bring the expected results. In such a situation, antibiotics are usually prescribed. It should be noted that the crop analysis is pre-submitted. During the treatment of the disease is recommended to drink plenty of water. There is also a need to correct the diet of the child. You can not allow him to eat spicy, salty and fried foods. It is recommended to diversify its diet with the following products:
- Lean meat.
- Milk porridge.
The use of the above products will help reduce the inflammatory process. They also contribute to the rapid removal of infection from the body of the child. Sometimes doctors prescribe physiotherapy of the suprapubic zone. It is also widely used VPS, microwave and electrophoresis.
During the acute phase of the disease folk remedies are not recommended. This can significantly aggravate the situation. They can be used as additional funds. For example, a hot water bottle placed in the bladder area helps well. Its temperature should not exceed 38 degrees. When treating children for cystitis, warm baths can also be used. The following herbs are mainly added to them:
It is considered very effective to use the following tinctures:
The following components are used to treat this disease in children:
You need to mix one tablespoon of each ingredient and brew. It is recommended to drink the broth of the child about three times a day.
Another tool that perfectly helps to deal with the first signs of bladder inflammation.
Rosehip infusion not only has a slight anti-inflammatory effect, but also nourishes the body with vitamins and thereby helps restore weakened immunity.
So, for the preparation of the infusion is better to use a thermos with a capacity of 1 l. So you can get rid of the strong heating of the berries and the loss of some vitamins. 2 tbsp. dry berries must be crushed in a mortar so that each fruit is opened. Now you need to rinse the thermos with boiling water and pour out this water.
Next you need to pour the crushed berries in a thermos, quickly fill them with boiling water and close the lid. Ideally, the drink should be infused for 6-8 hours, but if necessary, you can drink it after 3 hours. When used, it is necessary to filter the drink. Drink it a glass before meals, 3-4 times a day.
Lingonberry leaves infusion
As in the cranberries, the leaves of this northern berry contain a lot of acids and active ingredients with a bactericidal effect. To prepare this infusion, pour 2 tsp. dry leaves with a glass of hot water, put on low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Now the infusion must be removed from the fire. During the time the drink cools, the concentration of the infusion will increase. It remains only to strain the composition, divided into two parts and drink before breakfast and before dinner the resulting volume of infusion of lingonberry leaves.
All these recipes can not be called too strong, they are preventive measures against cystitis. They have no contraindications if the patient does not increase the dosage and does not increase the concentration of healing drinks. From reception at the initial stage of inflammation, to visiting the doctor, means based on stronger herbs - horsetail, St. John's wort, parsley - should be abandoned. Even despite the fact that they contain only herbs, these folk remedies can only be drunk under the supervision of a doctor.
Cystitis - causes
Inflammation of the bladder is caused by microorganisms that normally live on the mucous genital organs and intestines. The ingestion of saprophytic bacteria into the body provokes the development of the disease.
Infection can occur through sexual contact, non-compliance with sanitary rules. The penetration of microbes does not necessarily mean the occurrence of cystitis. In a healthy person, natural defense mechanisms work. The glands of the inner lining of the bladder secrete mucus, prevents the attachment of bacteria, Immunoglobulins destroy any infection that falls on the mucous wall. Regular emptying helps to "wash out" the infection.
Women suffer from cystitis more often than men because of the structural features of the urogenital system. Short urethra is not a serious obstacle to the penetration of microorganisms. The location of the opening of the urethra near the entrance to the vagina contributes to the transition of gynecological infection to the urinary tract. The neighborhood with the anus becomes the source of E. coli causing inflammation of the bladder.
Factors of inflammation of the bladder in women
The disease develops with a decrease in protective mechanisms, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of microbes. The onset of the disease is promoted by:
- Wearing synthetic underwear
- Late change of sanitary pads,
- Pregnancy, postpartum,
- Change of sexual partner,
- Crotch injuries
- Systematic untimely emptying of the bladder,
- Venereal diseases (trichomoniasis, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, genital herpes),
- Excessive consumption of sweets, carbohydrates,
- Neglect of the rules of sexual hygiene.
Non-observance of elementary sanitary principles, concomitant chronic pathologies, and endocrine disorders serve as a background to the development of the disease.
When cystitis is needed quick help
Symptoms of inflammation of the bladder are from the erased clinic, when a woman is disturbed by the discomfort while going to the toilet, to pronounced trouble. Complaints in patients with urinary tract infection:
- Frequent urges "in a small way"
- Lack of relief after sending needs,
- Pain, pain during urination,
- The appearance of flakes, turbidity in the urine,
- Isolation of blood with urine,
- Pain over the pubis, the crotch area.
Body temperature often remains normal or rises to 37.5 - 38 degrees. General malaise expressed with a strong degree of inflammation, the addition of complications. In severe pain, hyperthermia, emergency care is required.
Emergency - the appearance of blood in the urine
Hemorrhagic cystitis is characterized by the presence of red blood cells in urine. Visually, this is manifested by the color of urine red or the appearance of drops of blood when going to the toilet. The onset of the disease is sudden: the body temperature rises, an irresistible desire to urinate arises. Blood clots are able to fill the urethra, developing acute urinary retention. In this case, an ambulance must be called.
Traditional methods of providing emergency care for cystitis: soda, herbal decoctions, infusions
Often medications are unavailable or contraindicated. Effective care for cystitis at home can be provided by applying folk recipes. The following recipes are capable of improving the patient's well-being, relieving pain syndrome:
- Stir a tablespoon of soda in 200 ml of warm water. Take in slowly. Soda will help eliminate cramps, pain when urinating,
- Prepare juice from cranberries, drink 200 ml every hour. Berry has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial action. Reduces pain.
Use the decoction, infusion of medicinal plants. Take the raw materials available at the time of illness.
Cooking decoctions recipes
Drink from the leaves of lingonberry will provide first aid for inflammation of the bladder. Take 2 tbsp. l dry means, pour 500 ml of boiling water, then on the fire for 10 minutes. Strain, take 150 ml three times a day.
Отвар можжевельника готовится из 1 ч. л. плодов на стакан воды. Употреблять по половине стакана 4-6 раз за день.
Отвар толокнянки – проверенный народный метод от воспаления мочевого пузыря. Возьмите столовую ложку листьев, залейте 500 мл кипящей воды, поварите 20 минут. Остудите, выпивайте по половине стакана каждые 4 часа.
Отвар петрушки готовят из 4 ст. l свежих листьев в половине литра воды. Прокипятить 15 минут, употреблять в течение дня маленькими порциями.
Отвар из березовых почек помогает при цистите. 2 ст л сырья заварите 500 мл кипятка. Выпейте за три приема.
Мятный отвар для первой помощи от острого цистита готовят из 2 ст л сушеной травы, половины литра кипятка. Настоять в течение 2 часов, пить 100 мл 5 раз за сутки.
Отвар алоэ окажет экстренную помощь мочевому пузырю, укрепит иммунитет. Juice of 4 leaves diluted with a glass of water, boil for half an hour. Add Art. l honey, drink during the day.
Infusions for first aid in inflammation of the bladder
Water extracts of plant uroseptics reduce pain, discomfort in the lower abdomen. First aid for cystitis will consist in the use of these drugs. Prepare one of the drinks, drink when signs of cystitis occur.
Eliminate the spasm of cystitis will help tincture of hops. The plant is going fresh. Take a tablespoon of cones, make a glass of boiling water, hold on the fire for 5 minutes. If desired, wrap a towel. Leave for an hour, use a tablespoon three times a day.
Infusion of Hypericum helps with purulent cystitis. Tablespoon of grass, pour a glass of boiling water, cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Insist on an hour, drink in 3 doses.
Lily infusion has an effect in case of stagnation. Tablespoon of rhizome fill in two glasses of water, leave overnight. In the morning boil, drink chilled 100 ml every 4 hours.
Infusion yarrow has anti-inflammatory effect. 20 grams of leaves boil 10 minutes in 200 ml of water. Leave on for 30 minutes, take 15 ml every 4 hours.
Chamomile tea has an anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect.
Providing first aid for inflammation of the bladder at home is aimed at alleviating pain, eliminating painful symptoms. The primary treatment is prescribed by a urologist. Folk remedies are auxiliary methods.
Cystitis is an inflammatory process in the bladder that results from an infection. This is a very unpleasant disease that causes a lot of inconvenience. Cystitis most often affects women who violate the rules of personal hygiene, pregnant women, people with congenital deformities of the urogenital system, patients using a catheter, men with prostate diseases. How to identify the disease in a timely manner and what to do at the first signs of cystitis, we will tell in this publication.
The first signs of cystitis:
- aching pain just above the pubis,
- frequent urge to urinate,
- strong burning sensation and spasms during urination,
- unpleasant smell of urine,
- weakness, irritability, at the first signs of cystitis, the temperature may rise,
- blood in the urine and urinary incontinence (with the complication of the disease).
What causes cystitis?
Most often, cystitis causes intestinal bacteria, which, getting into the urethra, cause inflammation. In the female body, the genitals are located close enough to the anus, so it is easier for bacteria to enter the bladder. This can occur during intercourse, with personal hygiene failure, while wearing narrow uncomfortable underwear (especially strings).
Usually people between the ages of 20 and 40 complain of cystitis, the elderly can suffer from the asymptomatic form of the disease.
The causes of cystitis are varied. One of the main reasons is incomplete emptying of the bladder. Stasis, even a small amount of urine can lead to infection. This disease is often found in people with a sedentary lifestyle or suffering from constipation. Cystitis can occur as a result of taking antidepressants or after severe stress. Also, cystitis can provoke:
- change of hormonal background (pregnancy, menopause),
- diseases of the genitourinary system in men (enlarged prostate, prostatitis, urethritis).
What to do to prevent cystitis:
1. Observe toilet hygiene.
This is especially true of the fair sex. After using the toilet, you should always use toilet paper, keeping dry in the genital area. To prevent intestinal bacteria from entering the urethra, it is necessary to wipe in the direction from the urethra to the anus.
2. Drink more fluids.
Receiving a sufficient amount of fluid helps flush the bladder. It is desirable that it was mineral water, fresh juices and herbal teas. Sweet drinks and coffee can irritate the walls of the bladder.
3. Try not to overcool.
Often, cystitis occurs as a result of hypothermia (wet feet, prolonged stay in a cold damp room). Wear clothes that cover the lower back, as it is possible not only to earn cystitis, but also to catch a cold kidneys.
4. Control the bladder.
Always empty your bladder completely to the last drop. This is especially worth doing before and after intercourse. Prolonged abstinence during toilet flushing exacerbates the situation, and the person becomes more susceptible to diseases of the genitourinary system. During normal operation of the kidneys and bladder, a person visits the restroom every 3 hours.
5. Drink cranberry juice.
This drink is good for the prevention of disease. It cleans the bladder well, washing out harmful bacteria from there.
What to do if the first signs of cystitis appear?
- To remove bacteria from the body, drink more fluids. This may be purified water or herbal tea. At the first signs of cystitis can make a decoction of wild rose. It has a diuretic effect and relieves pain.
- Warm up the lower abdomen with a heating pad or take a warm bath.
- You can douche filtered broth chamomile. This will relieve the inflammatory process.
- Refrain from spicy, sour, salty.
- At the first signs of the disease, you can begin to be treated with medication, but it is advisable to consult with your doctor first.
At the first sign of cystitis, consult a doctor. If cystitis is not treated, but healed (to relieve symptoms), the disease can turn into chronic. In order to get rid of the infection, it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment until the end. Listen to your body and quickly respond to any changes, then most of the diseases can be overcome at the initial stage or be completely prevented.
The initial stage of cystitis is not dangerous and is easily treatable. However, if time does not take action, the complications are inevitable. In most incidents, women are ill. Men are ill with it, but much less often. History taking and diagnosis is the first thing that a victim of hypothermia or an infection needs to do. It is necessary to consult a urologist at the very first manifestations, without waiting for purulent and blood inclusions in the urine.
What is it and how does it appear
Cystitis is called inflammation of the bladder due to the penetration of infection, reduction of blood circulation, hypothermia, the appearance of injuries and other causes.
Characteristic symptoms at the initial stage of the lesion:
- cutting pains in the lower abdomen,
- frequent urge to urinate,
- weakness and fever,
- burning during and after emptying the bladder,
- hyperemia of the mucous (redness), itching.
These manifestations are provoked mainly:
- hypothermia (sitting on metal and stone surfaces in winter),
- committing urination on the street under adverse conditions (negative temperatures, dust),
- wearing lightweight out of season clothes, thin stockings, cropped jackets, mini-skirts,
- swimming in cold water for more than five minutes
- being without clothes for more than five minutes at a negative temperature outside.
Detection of infection helps analysis of bacterial culture of urine microflora.
- The effect of low temperatures.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, abortion, gynecological surgery.
- The presence of chronic infections of the genital tract.
- Intestinal infections, kidney disease.
- Obstruction of feces (constipation).
- Frequent colds, SARS, weakened immunity.
- Indiscriminacy in sexual partners, their frequent change, engaging in prostitution.
- Vaginal or rectal drug use is not prescribed by a doctor.
Even the lightest childbirth can cause inflammation of the urinary organs. During the period of curettage of the uterus, the probability of infection penetration is also high. Therefore, you should use vaginal suppositories for prophylaxis before the procedure. Specific drugs are prescribed by a gynecologist.
The highest percentage of girls with cystitis is prostitutes, as well as women who have sex with different men at the same time. However, even the newest methods of contraception do not always save from infection.
Drugs, getting into the tissues of the genital organs, violate the natural blood circulation, throw poisonous compounds into the blood, change the flora of the vagina, which can also be an indirect cause of the onset of cystitis.
In the initial stage, the disease needs to identify the type of bacteria, fungi, viruses that caused the inflammation.
- heating (heating pads, physiotherapy, electrophoresis, mud baths),
- a diet rich in vitamins and trace elements. Ascorbic acid, green onions, garlic, wild garlic, Jerusalem artichoke - products that strengthen the immune system,
- vaginal suppositories (Terzhinan, Pimafutsin, Livarol, etc.). It selects a gynecologist, depending on the cause of cystitis,
- phytotherapy drugs (for example, Urolesan). Enhance blood flow in the kidneys, reduce inflammation,
- washing broths celandine, chamomile, soda edible. Efficient water baths from solutions of essential oils: tea tree and eucalyptus, pine and sage, lemon balm and chamomile, rosemary, levzey, black pepper, fennel, spruce cones,
- treatment of major diseases of the lungs, intestines, kidneys, uterus, ovaries, etc.,
- taking antibiotics (Nitroxolin, Nolitsin, Monural granules, etc.), appointed by the urologist. Before use, you must pass tests for the resistance of your own bacteria to antibiotics. At the same time, it is recommended to inject substances that improve the microflora of the stomach and intestines (Linex, Bifidumbacterin, etc.).
After treatment of the acute phase of cystitis, it is important to prevent the situation from recurring.
To do this, avoid hypothermia, as well as:
- wash the genitals, the urinary canal in the direction of "on", and the anus - from "itself",
- refuse strings, synthetic panties,
- in the second trimester of gestation, use special means for intimate hygiene (Lactacyd, etc.),
- lead an intimate life with one partner
- check your partner for infections
- be checked by a urologist and a gynecologist at least once every six months,
- use only their own hygiene products (soap, towel),
- take decoctions of herbs and propolis tincture solution to improve blood flow to the urinary system,
- do therapeutic exercises, do not sit in one position for more than two hours in a row,
- treat chronic diseases of other organs and systems, especially gynecological and urological.
Prevention of cystitis is of great importance. Its manifestations in the acute phase are not serious illnesses. The body can live with it. But at some point, the usual inflammation of the chronic type turns into a proliferation of the internal endometrium of the bladder and a malignant tumor may appear.
Unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen can be signs of bladder inflammation. What to do at the first sign of cystitis, and why is it important to start treatment in a timely manner?
The content of the article
Pain when urinating
A person feels discomfort, which was not previously. To call such pain clearly expressed while it is impossible, but very soon it will gain strength. Usually from mild discomfort to severe pain when urinating takes less than a week, because under favorable conditions, the bacteria on the walls of the bladder develop extremely quickly.
What should the patient do at the first signs of cystitis?
It is great that the patient paid attention to his condition and in a timely manner revealed the changes occurring in his body. This provides great opportunities for successful and complete recovery in the short term. Unfortunately, it happens very rarely, most people ignore the first unpleasant symptoms, considering work, household chores and other concerns more important than their own health.
What to do when cystitis begins? The best solution is to consult a doctor. The patient's state of health will depend on whether he needs an ambulance or is able to walk to the hospital and visit a specialist. Actually, on this independent steps should end, because the patient is now fully provided to the urologist, whose professional knowledge will help the patient return to normal life.
What to do with cystitis, if you can not get to the doctor
The first symptoms of cystitis can begin at any time of the day, in different localities, where it is not always possible to see a doctor soon. What actions can be taken now? If for some reason it is impossible to get expert advice, you can try home-based methods to alleviate the situation. All of them are aimed at improving the patient's well-being, because severe pain can lead to painful shock with more serious consequences. So what can you do at home?
Take a lying position
Now you need to comply with bed rest and complete physical peace. If possible, call relatives or friends who will monitor the patient, prepare healing drinks and generally monitor the change of state.
What does a patient do with cystitis with severe pain? Take a pill No-shpy, analgin, ibuprofen or any other painkiller. Even paracetamol, which is usually included in cold remedies, will now be useful.
In no case can one tolerate severe pain! Even if the doctor should come at a minute to a minute and taking analgesics will prevent him from diagnosing, in difficult situations such actions can be justified.
Warm bath or heating pad
To relieve severe pain, heat is needed on the area of the urinary organs. For this patient, you can sit for 15 minutes in a bath of warm water. By the way, if you add a strong decoction of chamomile flowers, the water will receive additional properties - bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, emollient and regenerative. You can also simply attach a heating pad wrapped with a towel or diaper to the lumbar region. In the room in which the patient is located, a comfortable warm temperature must also be observed. If there are no heating pads and baths at home, you can heat the salt or sand in a skillet, wrap it in a cloth and, in this form, put it on the lower abdomen.
The patient is now required to drink as much fluid as possible. You can not drink cold water, which can cause another stomach cramp and pain again. It is better to replace usual water with weakly brewed green tea, diluted apple juice, cranberry juice. If possible, you can make special healing teas that have diuretic effect. During the day, you need to drink about 2.5-3 liters of liquid. This is necessary so that the urine in the bladder does not stand and quickly excreted bacteria and their decay products. This item is especially important for patients who have an increase in body temperature in the symptoms of incipient cystitis, which indicates a possible intoxication of the body.
Diet should now be as gentle as possible. No fried, marinated, smoked dishes. In such a state, it is generally difficult for the patient to eat, and if the appetite is reduced, it is not necessary to force. What does the patient need in this period? He can get the necessary glucose from juices and fruit drinks, and a small amount of fat and protein - with a boiled egg, a slice of bread and cheese.
Actually, severe pains in cystitis usually overlap the intimate desire, but if it still arose, it is better to refrain from such contacts. The fact is that sex, even in a condom, increases blood flow to the pelvic organs. They can be compared with physical activity, which can aggravate the course of the disease.
Medicines that can be used at home before the arrival of the doctor
The main treatment for cystitis involves taking antibacterial agents. But how to choose from the mass of drug names the right group that will be effective against pathogens? At home, making an accurate choice is impossible. That is why the reception of antibacterial agents is better to postpone until the arrival of the doctor.
If necessary, remove the first symptoms of cystitis, you can apply anti-inflammatory drugs. These include Phytolysin, Canephron, Cystone. What is their effect? The active components of these drugs act on a wide range of pathogens and significantly reduce their activity. They help reduce the swelling of the urinary organs, which dulls the patient's severe pain. Finally, they are based on phytotherapy recipes, and therefore relatively harmless and can be used later, together with antibiotics prescribed by the urologist.
Causes of inflammation and the main methods of treatment of the bladder in men
To improve potency, our readers successfully use M-16. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Inflammation of the bladder in men (cystitis) is a lesion of the mucous membrane of the organ.
As a result, its functions are violated. Often manifested this disease in men over 40 years.
Doctors classify bladder inflammation into the following types:
- Primary. These include chronic and acute lesions of this organ. The causes of this disease are infectious genesis.
- Secondary. This group includes chronic diseases of the male organ in question, which develop due to the existing urological pathology of extravesical or cystic localization.
Given the extent of the spread of this disease, doctors distinguish between focal, cervical and diffuse bladder inflammation in men.
The main causes of cystitis are urological. Urinary congestion is associated with the presence of foreign bodies and stones in the organ in question. Infectious form develops due to orchitis, urethritis, prostatitis and other diseases occurring in the body of men. The causative agents of this disease is Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida fungi and so on.
Symptoms of inflammation of the bladder are mainly manifested in the form of frequent and painful urination. The symptoms of this disease are reduced working capacity, fever and chills. Pain during urination appears in the initial and final stage, while the patient feels a stinging and burning sensation in the urethra. Outside the micci, pain syndrome appears in the suprapubic part, scrotum and penis. The main sign of the development of cystitis is to reduce the volume of a single portion of urine to 10-20 ml.
Severe forms of bladder inflammation in men are characterized by intoxication, oliguria and high body temperature. As for urine, its color is dark, and the smell is putrid. Symptoms of the chronic form are more scarce. In this case, urination is rare and painful. The complications of this disease physicians include paracystitis, pyelonephritis, and more.
Diagnosis of cystitis
When the symptoms described above are recommended to seek help from a urologist. The specialist will prescribe a complete examination of the patient, including examination of the genitals, palpation of the scrotum, and so on. Such a diagnosis will confirm or eliminate the connection of cystitis with prostatitis.
Pathological flora is determined by bacterial urine culture, a special smear, and PCR diagnostics. With the inflammation of this organ in the general analysis of urine, laboratory technicians detect red blood cells, white blood cells, and mucus.
It should be noted that ultrasound examination of the bladder in cystitis is difficult to carry out, since the patient cannot accumulate urine, with the help of which the walls of the examined organ are visualized in a normal state. Therefore, in such a situation, the prostate and kidneys are examined. In chronic form, cystoscopy is prescribed. With the help of endoscopic examination, the nature and form of the inflammatory process is recognized, stones and a tumor are detected.
Upon completion of the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes appropriate bladder treatment for the patient. In acute form of cystitis, you will need:
- bed rest
- drink plenty of water
- proper nutrition - exclusion from the diet of the patient salty, spicy, spicy foods (including alcohol).
In case of acute urinary retention, the patient needs hospitalization. Sometimes doctors wash the bladder with antiseptics and perform physiotherapy. The latter method involves the treatment of cystitis electrophoresis, UHF-therapy, ultrasound.
If cystitis in men is accompanied by urological diseases, then they will need to be eliminated. For this, doctors prescribe therapy for prostatitis, prostate adenoma and so on. If the bladder neck is deformed, then the TUR of this organ is appointed.
Bladder treatment often involves the use of antibacterial agents. They should be taken only on the recommendation of a doctor. The course of treatment lasts about 7-10 days. At the same time you need to drink plenty of fluids, including kidney tea, decoction of chamomile and other herbs with antiseptic properties.
In case of development of cystitis on the basis of adenoma, the treatment of this disease is performed. It is forbidden to warm the bladder, as complications may develop.
Acute and chronic cystitis is treated taking into account the extermination of the cause of the occurrence of this disease. Often it can not be installed. In case of violation of the outflow of urine caused by prostate adenoma, a urethral catheter is installed. Carry out this procedure with caution. If the catheter is treated poorly, cystitis can develop.
The next step is to treat the infection. It does not take into account its location. For this, doctors prescribe antibacterial drugs to the patient. If the inflammation of the bladder is accompanied by a strong pain syndrome, then this ailment is treated with antispasmodic agents that have an analgesic effect. They are sold in a pharmacy without a prescription. However, they should be taken as prescribed by a doctor.
This disease does not belong to the serious ailments of the urinary system of the male body, therefore, cystitis can also be treated with folk remedies. For this purpose, decoctions of herbs with diuretic action are used. As a result, the removal of bacteria from the male body is improved and the healing process is accelerated. Use of folk remedies is recommended after consultation with the doctor.
Significant effects have various mechanical procedures. In the presence of a strong pain syndrome, it is recommended to make warm foot baths. This procedure has an antispasmodic effect, reducing pain.
Nutrition and Prevention
With cystitis, it is recommended to pay special attention to nutrition and lifestyle. Patients should avoid hypothermia, which may cause a chronic form. In severe cases, bed rest is prescribed.
As for nutrition, in acute cystitis, salty and spicy dishes, as well as alcohol, are excluded from the patient’s diet. These products reduce the acidity of urine. As a result, the infection enters the active phase. Since the treatment of cystitis involves taking antibiotics, due attention should be paid to the rehabilitation of the patient. This procedure is aimed at restoring the patient's intestinal microflora. For this, doctors prescribe benign bacteria, presented in the form of capsules or tablets. They contain mature bacteria that contribute to better digestion of food. These funds are more related to vitamins, and they can be bought at a pharmacy without a prescription. However, they are accepted only after consulting a doctor.
Urologists recommend men to prevent the development of cystitis. Prevention of this disease is in compliance with intimate hygiene, the exclusion of stressful situations and hypothermia, as well as the timely treatment of the organs of the reproductive system.
Prostate adenoma - proliferation (hyperplasia) of the tissues of the prostate gland or the formation of benign neoplasms in it.
This pathology is most common in men after 40-50 years. Its main causes are age-related hormonal changes, inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system, unhealthy lifestyle and stress.
We will understand how the treatment of prostate adenoma is carried out, and also find out what are its main symptoms.
At the first stage, men with prostate adenoma experience the following symptoms:
- increased urination, including at night,
- the difficulty of this process
- weakening flow
The initial stage lasts at best 10-12 years, at worst 1-2 years. If treatment is started immediately, progression can be prevented.
Manifestations of the second stage:
- the urine stream becomes steep and intermittent (in the form of drops),
- the patient has to make considerable efforts to empty the bladder, with time this can lead to prolapse of the rectum or the formation of a hernia,
- discomfort during ejaculation
- part of the urine remains in the bladder (from 100 ml to 500 ml), as a result, inflammation of its mucous membrane develops, the symptoms of which are pain in the suprapubic zone and burning sensation,
- urinary tracts in men gradually deform - muscle fibers lose their tone, walls stretch, diverticula (sacks) and folds are formed, discharges are stagnant in the kidneys and ureters.
At this stage, hypothermia, stress or alcohol consumption can provoke a complete urinary retention, which can only be eliminated by catheterization. Even if the treatment is started, it is impossible to stop the disease in the second stage. Its development will only slow down.
Prostatic adenoma of the third degree is characterized by a significant decrease in the contractility of the bladder and an increase in its size. The volume of residual urine can reach 2 liters. It is constantly involuntarily allocated in small portions, there is a need for round-the-clock use of a urinal.
Because of the disruption of the urinary system, men have associated symptoms:
- loss of appetite,
- dry mouth, thirst,
- weakness, depression,
- smell of urine from the mouth (due to poisoning with nitrogenous toxins),
- fever (due to urinary tract infection).
Possible complications and diagnosis
Without treatment, prostate adenoma in men can lead to a number of serious complications - urinary retention, chronic renal failure, urolithiasis, hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, inflammation of various parts of the urinary system (cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis).
In order to prevent the deterioration of health, it is important to consult a doctor, noticing the very first symptoms of pathology.
Prostate adenoma is diagnosed using methods such as:
- physical examination
- blood test for PSA antigen,
- clinical and biochemical blood tests,
- Ultrasound of the kidneys, bladder, prostate,
If prostate adenoma is increased slightly and does not affect the quality of life of a man, doctors recommend postponing treatment and watching the situation. In this case, the patient should adhere to some rules:
- drink plenty of fluids during the day, but do not drink at night to reduce the number of urges,
- relax while urinating,
- give up tobacco and alcohol
- do sport,
- eat balanced
- avoid stress
- coordinate any medication with the doctor (some of them aggravate the symptoms of adenoma).
Expectant tactic involves regular examinations at the urologist. At the first signs of deterioration, drug therapy is prescribed.
To improve potency, our readers successfully use M-16. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Pharmacological treatment of prostate adenoma in men is carried out with the help of two types of drugs - alpha blockers and 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.
Doxazosin ("Kardura"), terazosin ("Khitrin"), tamsulosin ("Adenorm"), alfuzosin ("Dalfast") are among alpha blockers. Their main purpose is to relax the muscles of the prostate gland. This improves the flow of urine, and the symptoms become less pronounced.
- quick action - within 2-3 days up to 44% of manifestations subside,
- high efficiency - helps 60-90% of men,
- reduce blood pressure.
- do not affect the size of the prostate gland, and therefore do not prevent the development of complications,
- side effects - weakness, headache, dizziness, fainting, nasal congestion.
Treatment with alpha blockers is suitable for patients whose prostate is not enlarged too much, as well as for those with adenoma squeezing the bladder neck.
5-alpha reductase inhibitors are represented by such active substances as dutasteride (Avodart) and finasteride (Proscar). They are characterized by the ability to reduce the volume of prostate tissue. Used with large sizes of adenoma.
- affect the cause of the disease - suppress the production of dihydrotestosterone,
- reduce the risk of complications.
- long-term treatment is required - the condition is relieved 3-6 months after the start of the administration,
- have a negative effect on libido and erections.
Often, doctors prescribe a parallel reception of alpha-blockers and inhibitors. This makes it possible to reduce hyperplasia and quickly relieve symptoms. The disadvantage of this approach is double side effects.
Minimally invasive techniques
With the ineffectiveness or inability to use medicines, the patient is offered minimally invasive treatment. Basic techniques:
- Laser therapy. A laser fiber tube is inserted through the urethra to the patient and the overgrown prostate tissue is removed.
- Microwave exposure. Prostate areas are destroyed by microwaves emitted by a special device that is inserted through the urethra.
- Needle ablation Using a cystoscope, needles are inserted into certain fragments of the prostate gland, and their destruction is carried out by means of high-frequency radio waves.
- Stent The urethra expands due to the introduction of a metal spiral. Doctors rarely resort to this procedure because of the high risk of side effects.
Minimally invasive techniques are implemented under local anesthesia and are characterized by a short rehabilitation period. The effect of their use becomes noticeable after 2-3 weeks, after the swelling of the tissues subsides.
Possible complications include bleeding, painful and frequent urination in the first weeks after the session, problems with erection. In one procedure, it is not always possible to achieve the desired result.
Surgical treatment is indicated if:
- there was a repeated acute urinary retention,
- there were blood impurities in the discharge,
- Adenoma significantly disrupts the urinary system and the whole organism - mucous membranes are infected, kidney stones are formed, and so on.
The operation in men can be performed in one of two ways:
- transurethral - the instrument is inserted through the urethra and resection (removal of a part) or incision of the prostate is performed (due to incisions, pressure on the bladder is reduced),
- with the help of excision of the anterior abdominal wall - a complete surgical intervention involving the removal of overgrown tissue and a long rehabilitation period
The transurethral method is used for small-sized adenomas, and abdominal surgery in the case of severe hyperplasia and the presence of complications in the form of stones, tumors and diverticula.
Treatment of prostate adenoma in men with herbal remedies is advisable as a supplement to the main therapy. In itself, it can be practiced if the symptoms are very mild.
The most effective are infusions of birch (buds and leaves), seeds of parsley, onions, ginger, corn stigmas, kalanchoe, sage, licorice, dandelion roots, leaves of bilberry, bearberry, pumpkin seeds. They normalize hormonal balance, and also have anti-inflammatory, diuretic and antispasmodic action.
These plants can be combined with each other in equal shares, and then brew (2 tablespoons of raw materials per 1 liter of boiling water) and infuse for 6-12 hours. Drink should be taken 30 minutes before meals, 100-150 ml 3 times a day. The average course is 2 months.
In addition, pharmacies sell tablet phytopreparations containing extracts of palm serena, chaff pollen, African plum bark and others. Their use must be coordinated with the doctor.
Prostate adenoma is a disease that affects many older men. The main directions of its prevention are physical activity, a balanced diet and the rejection of bad habits.
In addition, it is important that every representative of the stronger sex after 45 years annually visits a urologist, even if there are no disturbing symptoms.
How to treat cystitis in women and men
How to treat cystitis, because it is a fairly well-known disease associated with inflammation of the urinary tract, not everyone knows.
Symptoms are the following: a very painful, pulling pain in the lower abdomen and in the lower back, followed by a constant desire to go to the toilet “for a little”, but when urinating there is almost no fluid, and itching and burning are felt. If together with (or instead of) urine mucus with blood, plus an increase in body temperature, then a kidney infection has occurred.
With these symptoms, an urgent need to run to the doctor. To begin with, you will be prescribed some tests with which the doctor can prescribe antibiotics. Usually this disease occurs in women, more often with a weakened immune system.
Men get sick very rarely, due to the distinctive structure of the urinary system. What is important to know, so as not to get sick. The most important thing is prevention. If you are already sick, you urgently need to go to the doctor and strengthen your immune system, since it is not difficult to treat cystitis. You need to understand that the treatment is comprehensive.
Therapy includes a number of medications:
- "Antibiotics" are substances that kill or stop the life of bacteria and viruses. The most effective for cystitis "Monural", "Furadonin", "Levomitsetin", "Palin" and others.
- "Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs" are drugs that have anti-inflammatory, analgesic effects. These are “Mikozhinaks”, “Terzhinan” and others.
- “Immunomodulators” are drugs that can restore and normalize the immune system.
- "Antispasmodics" are medicines that eliminate or weaken the painful spasm and reduce the urination to urinate. Examples: “No-Shpa”, “Papaverine”, “Platyphyllin”, “Bentsiklan”.
- "Uroseptics" - this is a drug with antimicrobial and antiseptic action (aimed at restoring the mucous membrane of the bladder).
These drugs can only be used on doctor's prescription.
Apart from medication, you can also use alternative medicine and follow the rules listed below:
- During the day, be sure to drink 2-2.5 liters of fluid.
- Apply to the lower abdomen of a heating pad or a bottle of water at room temperature.
- Exclude from your diet (at least for a while) foods high in calcium (cheese, milk, kefir, cottage cheese, etc.).
- In order not to feel burning and itching during urination, you can drink a glass of water with a spoonful of soda dissolved in it.
Symptoms do not differ from female cystitis, the causative agents of the same bacteria.
Some tips for this disease:
- Be sure to comply with bed rest, at a temperature, drink pills to reduce body temperature, drink plenty of fluids, exclude fried, smoked, salty and fatty foods from your diet.
- Herbal treatments. Be sure to drink diuretic drinks, such as tea, "bearberry", "field horsetail", "lingonberry leaves." Plus include fruit drinks with sour berries (cranberries, cranberries, sea buckthorn and others). You should not get involved in traditional medicine, in addition to this you need to drink antibacterial drugs.
- When a disease is detected, doctors prescribe certain drugs: Tsiprolet, Furadonin, Normaks, Tsifran. You can not self-medicate, you need to strictly follow the advice and appointment of doctors.
- For unbearable and sharp pain, you can use painkillers: “No-Shpa”, “Papaverine” and others.
- In acute cystitis use: "laser (magnetic laser therapy)," "short-pulse electroanalgesia" and "magnetic therapy."
- For a favorable recovery, you can go to rest in a sanatorium.
In chronic and advanced cystitis, inpatient treatment is necessary, under the supervision of doctors, since it is very difficult to treat this type of cystitis. Treatment should be comprehensive. Only in this case, you can not run the disease and do not translate it into a chronic form.
What experts recommend:
- certain antibiotics prescribed by a doctor
- personal hygiene,
- if necessary, “vessel strengthening” drugs,
- "Antispasmodics" to eliminate pain,
- vitamin complex to improve immunity.
Effective cure for cystitis: a review of the means and features of their use
Cystitis can be cured using even an inexpensive effective remedy for cystitis. Before taking the medication, it is necessary to consult a urologist: the doctor will prescribe the necessary tests. After passing the examination, drugs that are effective in treating the disease are selected.
Great importance is given to the individual characteristics of the patient, by which an effective remedy for cystitis is selected.
The patient is informed about the side effects of tablets, the duration of therapeutic treatment. You must comply with the dosage of the drug, set by the attending physician. Thus, it is possible to prevent the development of complications, the healing process in case of inflammatory diseases of the bladder occurs faster.
But to avoid re-development of the disease in some cases fails. This is due to the fact that cystitis is often disturbed intestinal microflora. The treatment of this disease must be complex: in some situations, the appointment of probiotics is justified - drugs that contain microorganisms that are beneficial to humans.
When treating, use the following effective remedy for cystitis:
- Antibiotics. They may contain penicillin in their structure. Drugs have a bacteriostatic, antimicrobial effect. Antibiotics can be semi-synthetic. For example, Amoxicillin. The semi-synthetic antibiotics of the mixed type include Ampioks. Cephalosportin antibiotics have an excellent bactericidal effect. They have the same pattern of action as antibiotics containing penicillin. Cefazolin belongs to the first generation of cephalosportin antibiotics, the second generation of drugs is Cefaclor, the 3rd generation is Cefixime, the 4th generation is Cefipime.
- Medications containing fluoroquinol. They destroy pathogenic microbes. Such drugs include, for example, Loxon.
Drugs from the nitrofuran class have a bactericidal effect, since the oxidative processes in the cell of the microorganism cease. Drugs effective against cystitis that are viral in nature.
As drugs that suppress the virus, should be called:
- Medication containing interferon.
- Different groups of inhibitors. For example, ion channel inhibitors.
- To get rid of cystitis caused by the activity of fungi, use drugs with antifungal activity (Fluconazole). Medicines with antispasmodic action: they relieve spasm and eliminate pain. In the treatment of this disease are used and nonsteroidal drugs. They have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
Inflammatory diseases of the bladder can be caused by various circumstances. The specific medicine should be prescribed based on the results of the tests, the type of microorganism that caused the disease.
Modern medicines have a wide scope of application. They are effective in combating a large number of pathogens. If it follows from these analyzes that the cystitis is of a fungal nature, in the treatment of the disease, it is necessary to use drugs that have antifungal properties. An excellent antimicrobial effect is observed in a drug like Lamisil.
In many cases, experts prescribe an inexpensive remedy for cystitis. They relieve the symptoms of the disease, contribute to the destruction of harmful microorganisms. The best antibacterial properties are endowed with: Amoxiclav, Ampik, Ofloxacin and others.
If the patient has pronounced pain in the bladder, the doctor will prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medication. An excellent analgesic effect is given by the use of Ketorol and Drotaverine.
In the process of therapeutic therapy, preparations made from medicinal herbs are used. To purchase these drugs do not need a prescription. Phytopreparations can be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding. After completing the therapeutic course, the body needs strengthening. Drugs containing bifidobacteria are actively used.
Medicines for the acute form of the disease should be prescribed by a specialist, treatment is chosen individually. In the acute form of cystitis, the patient's temperature rises, chills appear, there is a weakness in the body. An increase in temperature indicates that the infection has penetrated the urogenital canal and urgent medical assistance is needed. Symptoms of the disease then disappear, then appear again.
The duration of treatment for acute cystitis is on average ten days. In chronic inflammation of the bladder use antibiotics, herbal preparations, anti-inflammatory drugs. The course of treatment lasts 2-3 months. In the future, the patient needs preventive therapy.
How to treat cystitis at home
How to treat cystitis at home, if you suddenly began to appear all the symptoms that are inherent in such a terrible disease, the doctor will tell. A qualified doctor, after receiving your tests, will be able to tell by him which stage of the disease, moreover, prescribe the treatment that will be most effective in your particular case. But if there is no opportunity to go to the doctor, then cystitis can be treated with traditional methods at home. So, the very first effective help at home with this disease is a review of the diet!
- The very first thing to do is to exclude all salty and spicy dishes from the menu. Moreover, it is necessary to minimize the use of spices and spices, to exclude from the diet sauces, ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Next, you need as much as possible to drink warm coffee, tea and other warm liquids. Pain when urinating is often the opposite, stopping a person from a normal, and even better, drinking plenty. But it is precisely the liquid that “flushes out” the disease, as it were, in a natural way much faster, removing all bacteria, thereby leading to relief of the condition. In this situation, it is best to drink about two liters of warm liquid per day.
- Third - you need to wear warm knitted socks, clothes with sleeves or a warm robe. If possible, wrap yourself in a warm blanket.
- And finally - in the diet you need to enter dairy products, vegetables and cereals. These products are perfectly absorbed by the body, and also do not become an irritant to the mucous membrane of the inflamed bladder.
Asking how to treat cystitis at home, you can use herbal baths to alleviate the condition, but only if the body temperature is normal. What herbs to use? Chamomile and St. John's wort, celandine.
To prepare a herbal bath, you need to dial a temperature of not more than 35 degrees into the bath water and add an infusion of six tablespoons of herbs to it (if you wish, you can use either one type of grass or a mix of herbs, a couple of spoons each). On the side of the bathroom a special place is being prepared, on which the “warmth” will sit, it can be a towel or some kind of lining. The lower part is wrapped with a blanket, a towel.
Next, the legs fall into the decoction. One bathroom takes about 30 minutes. In order for the effect to be large, during such a bath you can put a warm heating pad on the lower abdomen and hold it for about half an hour too.
No more than three times a week it is permissible to do such procedures. The main component of the treatment of inflammation is diet and a balanced diet.
Regardless of what age of the patient, it is necessary to refuse flatly from eating salty and spicy, fried and pickled food, as well as dishes with the addition of various spices and sauces. This food provokes the aggravation of inflammation, which flows into the chronic form, and also worsens the course of acute inflammation of the disease. At the initial stage of inflammation, it is worth eating fractional, consuming the maximum of dairy products, fruits and vegetables. Such a diet alkalizes the urine, and therefore reduces inflammation.
How to treat cystitis folk remedies
How to treat cystitis folk remedies that have the most positive effects on the body with a disease of the urinary sphere. The most effective such.
- It should bring to the boil three liters of milk. One cup of hot milk is poured into the basin. The patient puts his feet in the basin, and the bottom wraps the rug. As the milk cools down in the basin, the next cup of hot milk is added there, and so on until the hot milk runs out. By repeating the procedure again, this same milk can be used again. The procedure is performed to the maximum relief.
- On the fire you need to heat up the broken red brick into two parts. The bricks are placed in a bucket, its edges wrapped in cloth. The patient should sit on the bucket, in the blanket, wrapping the bottom of the body. You can sit on the bucket until the moment when the heat will give out a brick. After the procedure is completed, you need to wrap yourself in a warm blanket.
Thermal procedures can not be performed by everyone. As an example, you can not do such procedures for women who have fibromyoma or fibroids. In this situation, the collection is made of diuretic herbs. The collection is drunk on a course of two months. So, if an outbreak of the disease has occurred, then it is worth repeating the treatment after two months, if the disease is chronic, then after three months it is worth repeating the course, as it is necessary to treat cystitis with folk remedies for a long time.
To significantly improve the condition, you can brew a small handful of cornflower flowers in 300 ml of boiling water and insist for half an hour. The first half of the portion is drunk at night, and the second in the morning after breakfast. Remove all the acute manifestations of the disease can and lingonberries - eating about 1 liter of berries for taking about 1 liter. But quick relief does not mean that you need to end the treatment.
How and what to treat cystitis in women during pregnancy and after childbirth
How to treat cystitis in women? This question should be asked all with the appearance of the first signs of inflammation. Initially, the doctor will tell you how to treat cystitis in women, advise the patient maximum rest, and if there is such an opportunity, then observe full bed rest.
If we are talking about a pregnant woman with cystitis, then the waist and her legs should be warm, and therefore, if you need to get out of bed, then socks are put on your feet, and the waist is wrapped up. To maximally warm the feet, mustard powder is often poured into socks or rubbed with alcohol with feet. Drug treatment of cystitis in a pregnant woman is slightly different from the standard treatment regimen. Pregnant women receive antispasmodics and special uroseptics, but do not use antibiotics, because it is prohibited to treat cystitis during pregnancy with antibiotics, because they have the most negative impact on the development of the fetus.
If the case is exceptional and it is impossible to do without antibiotics, then the doctor uses the safest types of antibiotics for treatment, as well as special sulfa drugs. If after childbirth a woman suffers from cystitis, then special installations are used in the bladder.
Medicines poured into the inflamed bladder have a local effect, do not spread throughout the body through the bloodstream, and therefore have no effect on mother’s milk. There is no reason to complete the GW. Used for local treatment tools such as collargol, protargol. Installations today are the safest way to treat a woman’s cystitis after childbirth and HB.
To prevent the occurrence of the disease, you need to follow the basic recommendations:
- It is important to observe hygiene of intimate places.
- Do not allow hypothermia.
- Do not eat large quantities of spicy food.
- Genital infections should be treated on time, when the first symptoms occur.
- It is forbidden to wear underwear made of synthetics.
If you have a sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work, then every half hour you need to get up and do a little warm-up. Naturally, if there is a desire to go to the toilet and empty the bladder, then you need to do it, and not tolerate it.
Excellent prevention of the disease - the daily adoption of the inside of one glass of cranberry fruit juice or the inclusion of berries in the diet in a different form. Cranberries are the most effective natural remedy, which has both diuretic and disinfectant properties, preventing infection from attaching to the walls of the bladder.