What exactly should be the nutrition of a nursing mother in the first months of a child's life? What can you eat at this time? At least the first three days of life crumbs mother and baby should spend in the hospital. Here it is worth seeing what you need to eat right. After all, in the hospital the food will be exclusively dietary and permissible nursing mothers. By the same principle, you should try to eat at home. So at this time you can eat without fear?
- Light soups on vegetable broth.
- Boiled meat, low-fat fish.
- Side dishes: cereal porridge, vegetable mashed potatoes, zucchini.
- Dried bread.
- From raw vegetables and fruits is better to give up. You can eat baked apples without fear.
- Desserts: low-fat cottage cheese, biscuits.
- You can drink a weak black tea, compotes (not from red berries, fruits).
That's basically all that you can eat without fear at this time. However, do not be upset, so strict diet will only benefit the mother and child. The baby will not be disturbed by everything related to food, and the nursing mother will gradually begin to return to normal after giving birth.
Fourth-seventh month of life
Considering the diet, the diet of a nursing mother for months, it must be said that after three months a woman can gradually try everything she is used to (completely eliminating harmful foods). So, at this time you can already eat fresh onions, add various spices, drink herbal teas (however, they are not recommended to be abused, as they can cause allergic reactions).
About the need for a diet
Nutrition nursing mother for months, the table - with this all is clear. However, it should be said about when a woman is still better to follow a strict diet. So, it should be done in the following cases:
- If the mother, father, or the baby itself has allergic reactions to food.
- If the diet of a woman should be limited for reasons of diseases of the digestive tract in her or the baby
Foods that cause colic in a child
We consider further the nutrition of the nursing mother for months: menu, diet. So, again, there is a second large group of foods that are best avoided, as they can cause colic and gas formation in the tummy tummy.
- Cow's milk.
- White cabbage.
- Bulgarian pepper.
- Fresh pastries, bread.
- Carbonated drinks.
Myths and facts about nutrition during breastfeeding
So, the nutrition of the nursing mother, the table for the entry of food and fortified meals - this is all already considered. Now I want to debunk a few common myths about food during breastfeeding.
Myth 1. You need to eat for two. Not for two, but for two. A woman, of course, will eat more, because a lot of nutrients will go into the milk. But overeat is also very harmful. It must be remembered: the main thing is not the quantity, but the quality of the food.
Myth 2. If you eat one thing, the child will have no problems. So you can not do, because the food should be varied. Only in this way the baby will be able to receive the full range of vitamins and beneficial trace elements.
Myth 3. In the diet must be cow's milk. Many ladies still believe that cow's milk can provoke an increased production of breast milk. These facts are not proven, so the statement cannot be considered true. Moreover, modern nutritionists say that cow's milk is allergenic.
Myth 4. It is impossible to fight colic. Of course, you cannot fight, but you can regulate them with food. So, it is necessary to exclude from the diet that can increase gas formation in the stomach.
Myth 5. You need to eat what the body requires. Not certainly in that way. If the body asks for carrots, you can not refuse it. But if chips or soda - this rule does not work here.
Principles of nutrition during breastfeeding
Perfect nutrition of a nursing mother provides her and the baby with everything necessary for recovery and development.
It complies with several fundamental principles:
- variety and balance. The diet of a nursing mother gives a complete set of vitamins, organic acids, nutrients, trace elements. Therefore, the menu includes fish, various meats, fresh and processed vegetables and fruits, cereals, soups and broths, milk, dairy products. Any diets aimed at losing weight are completely excluded. This will have serious consequences for both the mother and her baby,
- often and little by little. The diet of a nursing mother is five meals - three main and two snacks. It is impossible to prevent malnutrition, but overeating is also harmful. Abuse will affect not only the figure, but also the state of health. The digestive system and the mother’s stool are disturbed, and colic and bloating appear in the baby. In addition, even the safest and non-allergenic products in large quantities provoke an unpleasant reaction in newborns,
- after the birth of the baby, the mother should abandon the fried foods, the emphasis is on stewing, cooking, steaming. Also banned are canned food, pickles, convenience foods, and, of course, alcohol in any form. And yet - all products that are considered allergens. Forget about them at least for the first month, then, if there is no tendency to allergies in the family, you can try a little bit,
- It is possible to introduce new products with HB strictly one by one, tracking the child’s response for 2-3 days. If, during this time, there were no stool disorders or rash, gradually increase the dosage. If health deteriorates, the product is set aside for a month.
Proper nutrition during breastfeeding includes compliance with the drinking regime. A woman should not be allowed to dehydrate, so she should consume at least 2-2.5 liters of fluid per day.
Dr. Komarovsky is sure that for your own peace of mind, good mood and health, a nursing mother can eat everything! But only in moderation and without fanaticism. Refusal of good nutrition, strict restrictions and malnutrition, of course, give my mother an aura of light heroism, but they do not contribute to normal lactation.
Therefore, the doctor is sure: if the mother wants something, but she doubts how the baby will accept it, it is worthwhile to carry out reconnaissance - eat a small portion and watch what happens. Perhaps fears were groundless, and mom could be happier for one candy. A varied diet is the key to the healthy and full development of an infant. After all, only it will provide the optimal set of vitamins, elements and minerals, as well as a good mood of the mother.
List of products for nursing mothers
However, even from the allowed items it is possible to make a tasty and varied menu with GW. Especially strict requirements for a diet when breastfeeding are put forward only in the first 3-4 weeks of the baby's life, and then relaxation is allowed. The main thing to remember is that the diet for nursing mothers should be hypoallergenic, not for weight loss! Limiting yourself in fats and carbohydrates is very harmful, primarily for the development of the baby.
It is very important during lactation to find a middle ground in the diet, so that it eats delicious, and does not indulge in “all serious”. It will help to grope her list of products when breastfeeding.
Fruits, vegetables and berries
Very important for the menu of nursing mothers, because they serve as a source of vitamins, glucose, fiber. But, as usual, there is a downside. Eating vegetables, fruits and berries during breastfeeding should be very, very carefully, gradually enter into the diet one by one and watch the crumbs.
Red, orange fruits, vegetables and berries that cause an allergic reaction in many babies, it is better to postpone up to 3-4 months. And if the family has a tendency to allergies, even further - up to six months or older.
It is better to start with fruits of green color - in this sense, an apple, a pear, a white currant are well suited for a nursing mother. If you want to be safe, you can first provide them with heat treatment. Apples - bake, pears and berries to cook compotes, zucchini - bake cutlets for a couple. Quite calmly, raw berries, fruits and vegetables can be eaten after three months, and you can drink fresh juices even earlier, as soon as the crumbs become a month old.
Grains and Bread
The diet of nursing mothers must include cereals. They are quite nourishing and help to establish digestion. It is better to start with porridges on the water, gradually switching to dairy ones. According to the principles of a hypoallergenic diet, white cereals (rice and semolina) are introduced much later than “brown” ones - millet, oatmeal, buckwheat.
It is better to temporarily exclude white bread and pastries from the diet - they are heavy for the crumbs. But dark bread, especially with various additives - bran, cumin - will be useful. Although they do not get carried away, as it causes gas.
Dairy and dairy products
In the mother's menu when breastfeeding necessarily include dairy products. Ryazhenka and kefir are useful for lactation, cottage cheese helps to restore calcium reserves. Nursing mothers choose low-fat products, without fruit additives, flavors and dyes. By the way, there is no need to eat fat-free products either, the optimal fat content is 2.5% for milk and 5-9% for cottage cheese.
Sour milk and dairy products should be eaten only fresh. All dubious and expired milk throw away. Cow's milk in the diet is better to enter 3-4 months after birth. Or do not drink it at all if mom does not like. Up to 3 months, you can add milk to cereal.
Meat and poultry
Proper nutrition on HB requires a careful approach to the choice of meat. To exclude it completely can not, because it is a source of essential amino acids.
Preference is to lean option, because fatty meats have a large load on the digestive tract, even in adults, what can we say about infants. Chicken, turkey, beef, veal, rabbit and lean pork fillets are well suited for the mom's menu. You can pay attention to offal. They are rich in nutrients and protein, but much more dietetic than meat.
Nursing mom is useful to eat any sea and river fish. It is necessary to refuse only fat, smoked or salty. Enter it into the diet gradually, bringing to 300-500 grams per week. It is best to steam or boil, you can bake or simmer with vegetables. White species - pollock, cod and others are considered the most low-allergenic. Salmon and salmon are very useful, they often cause an allergic reaction in a child. You can try them, but carefully.
The crayfish, crabs, caviar, seafood and crab sticks also do not fit into the diet of a nursing woman. For the first time it is better to refuse them completely.
Chicken and quail eggs are also needed in the diet of a nursing mother. They are rich in amino acids and vitamin E, calcium and other essential nutrients for a woman and her baby. Quail are considered more valuable and less allergenic.
Since chicken eggs are a strong allergen, they are consumed moderately, no more than 2-4 pieces per week. And quail - no more than 8. At the same time, you need to carefully monitor the reaction of the crumbs, so that immediately, at the first signs of allergy, remove this product.
Oil and fats
Mom can eat when breastfeeding and vegetable and butter. Any vegetable oil - olive, flaxseed, sunflower. Better to choose unrefined options. Butter and cream margarine varieties can be eaten in limited quantities. They are heavy for the liver and pancreas.
For the same reason, the menu does not introduce fat, fatty meats and fish. When feeding with breast milk, they can make life difficult for the baby, since it is rather hard for even adults to digest because of the large amount of saturated fatty acids.
In general, sweets are a rather vague concept. You can not eat nursing mother confectionery, purchased jams and jams, glazed ice cream, in which many dyes, flavors, preservatives and other chemicals.
You can use dry biscuits, cookies, marshmallow, marshmallows and marmalade. Allowed for a little bitter chocolate and ice cream without additives - in small quantities, if there are no signs of allergies. Also, sweet dried fruits such as raisins, dried apricots, prunes, homemade cakes with a small amount of sugar, and oatmeal cookies can replace candy in the menu of a nursing mother.
Here is a collection table of allowed and prohibited products for HB. Keep in mind that there is no universal list for nursing mothers. Some of the kids calmly carry the shrimp, but it puffs from apples. Or gives a reaction to a harmless gooseberry, but mom calmly eats strawberries. So do not take this table as the ultimate truth, even if you are a perfectionist and decided to do everything “according to science”.
An exemplary daytime menu nursing mom
Making an exemplary menu for a nursing mother for the first months after the birth of a baby, two factors must be taken into account - the food should be varied, and the total caloric content of all meals per day should be at least 2000 kcal. (and preferably 2500-3000).
Eating a nursing mother needs to be diverse, this has already been said many times. But this is really very important, since the baby receives everything necessary for the full development from her mom's diet, albeit indirectly.
A few examples of the diet per day:
- omelette with grated cheese (not spicy and without mold), a piece of grain bread and tea with milk,
- cottage cheese casserole with homemade jam, toast, tea with milk,
- porridge on the water (oatmeal, millet, buckwheat) with fruit and a spoon of honey, half an apple, cocoa.
- cheese soup with croutons, boiled potatoes with herring, a cup of green tea.
- vinaigrette, chicken broth with crackers, meatballs made from suitable minced meat, vegetable stew in a double boiler, juice (apple or other fruit).
- vegetable salad, soup without fried, potato casserole with minced meat, uzvar, a few slices of bread.
- Tea time
- 2-3 cheesecakes with honey
- Toast (bran bread) with tuna and greens
- fruit salad (apples, peaches, pears, oatmeal), as a dressing - natural yogurt without additives.
- lazy dumplings with sour cream, tea with milk,
- steamed meatballs, baked broccoli with cheese, green tea with a slice of lemon,
- cod baked in foil with vegetable garnish, buckwheat, compote.
Of course, these are only approximate options. Mom can choose the food to your liking or based on the available products.
Drinking mode during lactation
A lot has been said about the fact that mom needs to follow the drinking regime. Of course, drinking does not affect the amount of milk, but constant dehydration triggers a decrease in its production.
On the day of nursing mothers need to use at least 2-2.5 liters of fluid - the exact amount depends on the weight and level of physical activity. It should be borne in mind that of this volume, clean water is about half, everything else is tea, juice, compotes, soups and broths. It is not necessary to force oneself to drink, but one also cannot ignore thirst.
Mama's food is a very controversial and discussed issue. To go to extremes in any case is not worth it, you need to try to find a middle ground - to eat diverse, useful, for your own pleasure, but at the same time taking into account the interests of the baby.
What not to eat a nursing mother. Grocery list
1. No sane doctor will not give a positive answer to the question: is it possible to drink alcohol during breastfeeding? Anything that has got into the body of a nursing woman will go with the milk and the baby. Alcohol can lead to a delay in mental development of the child, adversely affect the cardiovascular system, the baby will begin to suffer intestinal colic due to dysfunction of the intestine and esophagus. In addition, the frequent use of alcohol by the mother can lead to the child getting used to it and even to the emergence of alcohol dependence.
2. Eat foods that are known as fairly strong allergens - crabs, crayfish, mackerel. Some fruits are also harmful when breastfeeding - all citrus fruits will have to be completely excluded from your menu, as well as any other exotic and red fruits. Orange should be treated with great caution, but in the first six months it is also better to exclude them from your menu. The pigment contained in red fruits can cause allergic skin reactions.
3. Products containing artificial colors and preservatives. The same soda when breastfeeding will not bring any benefit, and trouble will have time to deliver a lot. Any soda provokes gas formation, degrades the quality of breast milk, while not carrying any value. The baby will develop flatulence, abdominal pain, indigestion. And dyes and flavoring agents can lead to allergic reactions of a fragile child’s body. The digestive organs of an adult person are able to cope with such a harmful liquid. But not a weak stomach and intestines of a baby. Недаром употребление газировки врачи запрещают также и при беременности.
4. Некоторые овощи при грудном вскармливании следует употреблять с большой осторожностью. А лучше всего даже исключить из меню. К ним относятся лук и чеснок, специфический запах которых может не понравиться младенцу. Также следует исключить из меню экзотические для нашей местности овощи, такие как топинамбур и т.п. They can cause allergies or indigestion in the baby.
What foods should be restricted?
1. Mayonnaise, canned snacks, smoked foods that cause allergic rashes and not the best way to act on the gastrointestinal tract. Moreover, when smoked meat fat melts, forming carcinogens that can cause severe harm to the body. In addition, smoked foods contain a lot of sodium, and practically no beneficial components.
2. Sugar during breastfeeding is a source of energy that is necessary for mothers who are breastfeeding a baby. However, an excess of sugar can cause diathesis in the infant. Moreover, the production technology of this product does not exclude the use of chemicals, which adversely affect the health of the baby. Most mummies do not know how to drink tea or other drinks without sugar - in this case, they can be advised to replace it with another product. For example, cane sugar contains more fructose and minerals than normal, so it can be an excellent alternative to the classic version. You can also drink tea with homemade jam. These are heat-treated fruits and berries, so their allergenicity is reduced.
3. Drinking coffee during breastfeeding should be limited for the reason that the child’s body cannot absorb and eliminate this product from its body. In addition, the presence of caffeine in the drink can provoke dehydration, cause allergic reactions, and lead to the excitation of the nervous system.
4. Grapes, legumes, black bread can cause increased gas formation in the baby, so the first three months after the birth of the child should refrain from their use or limit.
5. Lard and fatty meats are poorly digested by the body, and also provoke an increase in harmful cholesterol.
6. Eggs when breastfeeding can cause an unexpected reaction of the baby to the protein, which is the strongest allergen. But at the same time, a fresh chicken egg is considered to be a matchless dietary product containing a huge set of vitamins. Alternatively, you can eat quail eggs, which, unlike chickens, do not cause allergies. A day is enough to take no more than two quail eggs - this amount will be enough to replenish the daily requirement of vitamins and amino acids. In this case, it is desirable to use this product boiled.
What can you eat nursing mom?
A nursing mom should not be upset by the serious food restrictions we talked about above. There is a large selection of products that a mother must necessarily include in her menu. Let's see what you can eat a nursing mother in the first month after birth. Here is a list of permitted products for a nursing mother.
1. Dairy products. Milk contains nutrients that are in easily digestible form - proteins, fats, carbohydrates, a lot of vitamins and trace elements. Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the immune, muscular, nervous and bone systems, are especially useful. However, cow's milk is an allergenic product. At the same time, goat milk during breastfeeding is not only safe, but is also an unusually useful product. In the goat product there is no alpha-1s-casein, which causes allergies. In addition, goat milk is easier absorbed by the body and does not cause digestive upset in a child. Therefore, if a nursing mother has the opportunity to switch to goat milk, this will be the best option.
2. Meat (beef and pork) when breastfeeding Must be included in the diet of women. This product contains proteins that are necessary for the full growth of the baby and for the speedy recovery of the woman after giving birth. In this case, the meat should be lean and fresh. You can eat a heat-treated product - a boiled, baked or steamed dish. Raw meat and steaks with blood to a nursing mother should not be taken in any way, and you should also limit the use of fried and grilled meat.
3. Chicken breastfeeding not all will benefit. From the menu of the nursing mother should immediately exclude the meat of chicken legs and broilers grown on the chicken farm. Compound feed, which fed such a bird, contains many different additives, drugs and hormones. Such meat can provoke allergic reactions in the baby, as well as bowel disease. The most useful part of the chicken is the breast, the meat of which is truly dietary. It lacks fat, so nutritionists advise this part of the carcass to nursing mothers in the first place.
4. Cheese, the content of vitamins and trace elements in which is much higher than in fresh milk. In this case, the protein contained in the cheese is much easier absorbed by the body of the infant, without causing difficulties during digestion in either the mother or the baby. For nursing mothers suitable brine varieties of goat and sheep milk, as cow's milk can cause allergies in the baby. Cheese when breastfeeding can be used only fresh, without additives. The best option would be a home product.
5. Fish - the most valuable product. Vitamin D, which is contained in the meat of fish, makes it possible to fully digest calcium from food. Fish during breastfeeding must be in the menu of a nursing woman. This product is easily digested, therefore it favorably acts on the mother's intestines and normalizes the stool. The essential omega-3 acids contained in this product have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system and the nursing mother and baby. You should choose non-fatty fish.
6. Juices. However, not all juices during breastfeeding can be recommended to a nursing woman. Prefabricated juices are made with the addition of preservatives, so nursing moms cannot drink them. The best drink will be freshly squeezed fruit juice.
7. Bread when breastfeeding it is necessary to eat. Trace elements contained in cereals and B vitamins help in the restoration of the body after childbirth and are very important for a balanced diet. The best option for a nursing woman would be bran bread.
A common problem is diarrhea.
At first, after giving birth, women have so much trouble that the young mother completely forgets about herself, her needs and health. One of the common problems of a nursing mother is diarrhea. The reasons for its occurrence will be determined only by a doctor, therefore, in order not to harm either yourself or the baby, you need to contact a doctor who will diagnose and tell you how to treat diarrhea during breastfeeding. The cause of diarrhea can be:
• irritable bowel syndrome,
• food poisoning,
• allergic manifestations,
• intestinal infection.
Diarrhea carries a serious danger to the mother, but it can be harmful to the child if the mother has a viral infection - in this case, the doctor will advise you to stop breastfeeding for the duration of the treatment. With diarrhea, the diet will be even stricter than the usual diet of a nursing mother.
And the nutrition of a woman breastfeeding her baby is completely different from the preferences of an ordinary woman — breastfeeding meals should be complete and balanced. In any case, the child will receive all the necessary substances for development, only if the mother’s nutrition is poor, these substances will be at the expense of my mother’s body. Therefore, the mother should take care of her health without fail.
Information for smoking moms
Separately, it should be said about the dangers of smoking during breastfeeding. A baby with milk receives all the substances that his mother inhales with a cigarette. The stimulating effect of nicotine is manifested in capriciousness, sleep disorders in a child. Children who, from infancy, inhale toxic nicotine fumes and get poisonous substances from their mother's milk, are much more likely to get sick with viral and colds. Smoking a mother can even lead to the development of heart failure in the baby, and lead to a lag in development. In addition, the risk of sudden death of a newborn increases, which increases by 5 times if the family smokes both parents and is 3 times higher when the nursing mother smokes.
The harmful effects of nicotine is manifested not only during breastfeeding. Passive smoking does no harm to the baby’s health. Instead of clean air, the child has to inhale carbon monoxide, which can cause nausea, respiratory diseases, and allergies. The quality of milk also leaves much to be desired - its taste and quality deteriorate. Milk acquires a sharp taste, and there are less beneficial enzymes, vitamins, hormones and antibodies. Therefore, smoking mom should seriously think about saying goodbye to this bad habit and protecting the child from inhaling poisonous smoke.
Of course, the nursing mom herself will decide how she will eat. At the same time, it is important to listen to the opinion of specialists and to your inner voice. The main thing is that the mother regained her strength, and the child developed harmoniously.
List of useful products for nursing mothers
The diet of the nursing mother should be balanced and varied. Of the total number of products, there are a number of especially useful ones that should be present daily in the diet:
- dairy products: source of proteins, calcium, vitamins,
- meat: a source of protein, fat, iron, and vitamins,
- fish contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus,
- fruits, just not brightly colored, germinating in the place of residence, is the main source of carbohydrates,
- cereals, especially rice and buckwheat, sources of vitamins B and E, microelements,
- vegetables - folic acid, a group of vitamins A, C, E, B and various trace elements and antioxidants.
What foods can eat a nursing mother?
Every parents should be prepared for the fact that in the first month of feeding, no matter how strict the diet is, the baby may have problems - colic, relaxing of the chair. The fact is that the baby adapts to the new principle of nutrition, which he receives not through the umbilical cord, but with breast milk. But gradually, the baby will get used to such nutrition, and all problems will disappear.
Doctors say that there is a list of products that will be allowed to a nursing mother. In the first place - it is vegetables and fruits. It is best if it will be boiled vegetables or steamed. In the first month of life, crumbs are recommended to abandon raw foods. Fruit is a rich source of vitamins. In the nursing diet it is recommended to include not brightly colored fruits, but preferably those that grow in your area. Without fear you can eat bananas.
Be sure to need cereals - rice, buckwheat, corn, from which you can make porridge that promotes digestion. In all cereals, except for quick-cooking cereals, there are many nutrients. With cereals, you can cook soups, vegetable broth.
A full diet of a nursing mother can not be without meat. Best of all if it will be low-fat varieties, steamed or cooked. Fish is a source of vitamin D, phosphorus, which are necessary for better absorption of calcium, and the prevention of many diseases in the child.
Eggs also need to be included in the diet. But it is worth remembering that chicken eggs are potential allergens. If you are prone to allergies, chicken eggs can be replaced with quail.
Green and black tea, fruit drinks, compotes, and even table mineral water without gas are suitable as drinks.
Dairy products: Can a nursing mother?
There are products that are included in the group of potentially dangerous. According to statistics, the protein in measles milk is a common cause of food allergies in young children. For these reasons, nursing mothers wonder: what dairy products can be?
The opinion of experts about milk and dairy products is divided. If parents are not allergic, then milk and all products can be consumed, but only in limited quantities. For example, add milk to tea, fill sour cream salads, or add it to soups, etc. But still, it will not be superfluous to monitor the reaction of the child. For convenience, you can make a food diary.
Some dairy products, such as ice cream, glazed curd bars, margarine, and even cheap cheeses, may contain palm oil. It is a strong carcinogen. Therefore, such products must be abandoned.
Can fermented milk products nursing mom?
The list of fermented milk products useful for a nursing mother includes: kefir, ryazhenka, yoghurts (natural without additives), etc.
Kefir has a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora, which improves digestion and metabolism. In addition, kefir contains a large amount of vitamins A, B, C and trace elements - calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc. Moreover, kefir refers to products that stimulate lactation, but like other dairy products.
Ryazhenka is more fat, it contains 20% of the daily norm of phosphorus, and 25% of calcium. The composition of ryazhenka includes iron, potassium, magnesium, sodium, etc., of the vitamins contain vitamin A, B and C. The only thing ryazhenka not recommended for girls with excess weight.
List of prohibited foods for nursing mothers
In addition to the permitted list of products during breastfeeding, it is necessary to pay attention to those products that are prohibited:
- canned fish, meat, milk,
- vegetable marinades, but a small amount of homemade spins are allowed,
- semi-finished products are those products that should be abandoned not only during breastfeeding,
- some sauces: spicy, chili, ketchup, mayonnaise, soy sauce allowed (but in limited quantities),
- cheese - melted and with mold.
In drawing up the menu, it is necessary to take into account many nuances: what products can be eaten by the nursing mother, and what is not, the presence of allergic reactions and predispositions, individual preferences, etc. Only if you follow all the rules of rational nutrition, you can be sure that the crumb will get everything you need for its full development without any consequences.
Baby born: why it is necessary to revise the diet
Improper diet of the mother can be the cause of the aggravation of colic and anxiety of the baby, sleep disorders
It is not a secret for anybody that with mother's milk, an infant receives valuable nutrients necessary for the formation of strong immunity and full development of the brain, vision, vital organs and systems. Scientists have proved that even if a mother suffers a shortage of micro and macronutrients, vitamins, the quality of breast milk remains high and no single formula for artificial feeding is able to repeat its unique composition. However, with an unbalanced diet of a nursing woman, there is a risk of a decrease in the concentration of nutrients in milk, a decrease in its volume, as well as a deterioration in the well-being of the woman herself, caused by a nutritional deficiency.
Most modern experts agree that a nursing mother does not need a strict diet, but her diet should contain only useful, hypoallergenic foods rich in vitamins and minerals, protein, fiber and other components. Proper nutrition during lactation is necessary to solve several problems at the same time:
- provision of infants with nutrients necessary for its development,
- figure recovery after childbirth,
- stimulate lactation
- reducing the intensity of neonatal colic,
- preventing allergic reactions in the infant,
- stabilization of the digestive system of the mother and baby.
Recommendations on the formation of the diet
At the base of the food pyramid are cereals and cereals, foods rich in carbohydrates, the next in order of importance are vegetables and fruits, then meat, dairy products and fish, at the top oil and other types of food in small quantities.
Mom requires a strict diet in the first weeks of her life when her body only adapts to the new conditions of existence outside the womb and is especially sensitive to any changes in the diet. The reaction of the baby to each new product in the mother's menu is individual. It is recommended to choose hypoallergenic products that do not cause flatulence, women who are constantly present in the diet before delivery. From the 2nd month of the child’s life, the woman’s menu becomes more diverse, and his “range” gradually expands. After 3 months after birth, infant colic, as a rule, recedes, the list of approved products increases significantly, but certain rules for feeding a nursing mother must be observed throughout the entire period of breastfeeding.
If the mother still ate or drank something from the list of prohibited foods, you should not panic or refuse to feed the baby. It is not at all necessary that the child reacts negatively to the product, especially if the portion was small. As a rule, food components penetrate into breast milk within 30–60 minutes after entering the mother’s intestines. Чтобы минимизировать риски, по возможности отложите следующее кормление на 2–3 часа. За это время концентрация потенциально-опасных веществ в грудном молоке снизится. При необходимости можно сцедить грудь, но на качество и состав молока это никак не повлияет.
Мне посчастливилось кормить грудью двоих своих детей. При появлении старшей дочки, я даже не задумывалась о том, что питание необходимо корректировать. Помню, как в роддом заботливые родственники принесли мне гранатовый сок в стеклянной банке, и я без зазрения совести выпила его. Of course, my newborn baby immediately appeared specks of rash, which I took for pottery. Fortunately, my children are not prone to allergies, so there were no serious problems, despite my maternal illiteracy and lack of control over nutrition. The pediatrician and the visiting nurse, who came to the house after our discharge from the maternity hospital, tried to give me recommendations on the preparation of the diet. By the way, their advice was diametrically opposed. So, a qualified pediatrician assured that chicken broth lure and there can be only vegetable soups, and the nurse recommended to lean on the same broth and avoid chicken meat, which, in her opinion, could cause allergies in the child. In fright, I almost stopped eating, sat on buckwheat and water, occasionally ate marshmallows, drinking tea, since to give up sweets for me is tantamount to death. From here, as it seems to me, there were problems with milk, the child did not gorge, finished feeding the mixture. As it happens in other children, I can’t judge, but both my babies suffered from colic for exactly 3 months, regardless of what I ate, and if there was an allergy, it was transient and I didn’t have time to find out the reason. When my tummy stopped bothering my daughter, I finally began to eat normally, lactation stabilized, the mixture was no longer needed. By the emergence of the second child, I approached already being savvy in many issues related to breastfeeding. I declared to relatives that I don’t need to carry the gears: I stocked up with apples, lean cookies in advance, and 4 meals a day in the hospital. Then I tried to eat variously, ate healthy foods, did not go hungry. The son was completely on HB from birth and there was no need to feed him with the mixture. Of course, avoided allergens - chocolate, citrus, fast food and other hazards. In about 2–3 months, my diet as a whole did not differ from what I ate before delivery. From my experience, I concluded that it is necessary to limit the consumption of certain products only in the first months of a child's life, so as not to provoke colic and avoid rashes and skin problems. Of course, no need to lean on semi-finished products, sausages and other unhealthy "delicacies", but if you allow yourself in small quantities, when you really want it, it is unlikely to adversely affect the baby. What surprises me is the menu in the maternity hospitals. The mothers in our city are offered the same food as patients in pathology or pregnant women who are on conservation. Accordingly, the next day after the delivery I received soup from fresh cabbage. It is good that there were not indifferent employees of the medical staff who delivered a saucepan with chicken broth to the ward. But I, without a twinge of conscience, “calmed down” two servings of cottage cheese casserole with raisins. I still remember this casserole with nostalgia, for some reason it seemed to me to be some kind of special, perhaps it was with a taste of maternal happiness!
Doctors recommend to start a food diary, to enter there information about my mother's menu and possible reactions of the baby to new products - increased colic, increased gas formation, stool disorders, allergic reactions. This will allow you to track the types of food to which the crumb reacts negatively and eliminate their consumption for some time. Do not forget about how products affect the woman herself. For example, certain types of beverages and food retain fluid in the body, which is undesirable during the period of the formation of lactation, which can lead to a shortage of breast milk.
It is important to pay attention to the caloric intake of the nursing mother. The opinion that she needs to eat for two is wrong, but the energy value of the daily diet should be increased by about 500-600 kcal. This energy is required by the body to produce milk and recuperate after childbirth. In addition, the physical activity of the young mother, as a rule, increases, compared with the prenatal period. Do not set a goal to quickly lose weight gained during pregnancy - this can adversely affect the lactation process. With the observance of the basic rules of the formation of the diet of a nursing mother, body weight gradually stabilizes.
List of permitted products for HB
Special attention requires the process of forming the menu in the first months of life crumbs. Try to eat only those foods that are easily digested, rich in protein and do not have a bright color, reduce the consumption of sweets, salty, fatty foods. Drink more fluids - this is necessary to produce enough breast milk and lactation. In general, the list of foods allowed during lactation includes food types that do not burden the digestive system and rarely provoke undesirable reactions in infants. When composing the menu, be guided by the individual characteristics of the child (susceptibility to allergies, frequent violations of the chair, the appearance of colic, and others). Here is a list of products allowed during the GW period:
- Meat. It is recommended to eat low-fat, easily digestible species - rabbit, veal, turkey, chicken. Pork fillet without bacon will do, but it can be eaten only from 3 months of a baby’s life. Meat must be boiled, baked or stew for 1.5–2 hours.
- Broths and soups. Meat and fish broths can be used as a base for soups. It is necessary to drain the water after boiling, pour the meat with fresh water and cook until ready. In the soup, you can add permitted types of cereals, vegetables, pasta.
- A fish. The product is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and other valuable nutrients. However, it must be remembered that fish belongs to the category of products that often provoke allergies, therefore, it should be introduced carefully into the diet. Suitable low-fat varieties with white meat: cod, pollock, hake, pike perch.
- Cereals. Cereal products are allowed of any kind, but some of them contain gluten - an adhesive, to which some children show intolerance. Gluten-free types of cereals - buckwheat, rice, corn. Oats and millet are the most gluten free. Cereals can be used for the preparation of cereals, side dishes, soups, casseroles and other dishes.
- Milk products. Nursing mother must eat milk and dairy products, because they serve as a source of calcium. Prefer pasteurized milk, not paired or UHT. Its quantity should not exceed 1 cup per day, and if a baby has lactase deficiency or an allergy to cow's milk protein, the product should not be consumed. All dairy products of normal fat content are allowed: kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, and others. Make sure they are fresh and do not contain extra additives. It is undesirable to add sweeteners in the form of sugar, jam, honey - the appearance of diathesis in babies is possible. Do not abuse sour cream and butter, it is permissible to add them to cereals and other dishes in small quantities. Cheese choose unsalted and low-fat (17–35%) varieties. Spicy and moldy cheeses are banned. You can add cream to tea (10%).
- The drinks. Liquid is necessary for lactation, so mom needs to drink at least 1.5 liters of pure water per day. In addition, weak black or green tea, jelly, fruit drinks and fruit and berry fruit drinks are allowed. It is permissible to drink 1 cup of natural coffee per day, but it is better to replace it with chicory. Carbonated drinks, juices can cause digestive problems in the baby and mom.
- Eggs Chicken egg yolk is considered to be allergenic, so in the first months it is recommended to eat quail eggs (up to 8 pcs. Per week), which rarely provoke undesirable reactions. 3-4 months after delivery, try chicken eggs, but their number should be dosed - no more than 2 pcs. in Week.
- Fruits. In the first month it is allowed to eat green apples (preferably baked) and bananas - no more than 1 pc. in a day. From 2-3 months in the diet, you can enter pears, kiwi. A little later, it is permissible to use small quantities of apricots, local berries, plums. Useful common dried fruits - dried apricots, prunes, dates, in the amount of 2-3 pieces. one species per day. Fruits of bright color (pomegranate, strawberry) often cause allergies in infants, so they are allowed in minimal quantities.
- Vegetables. Rich in fiber and contain a lot of water, so they can cause flatulence when used fresh. It is advisable to heat treat the vegetables in the first months - stew, boil, bake. Zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions are considered the safest. Bright-colored vegetables should be introduced into the diet gradually, watching the reaction of the child.
- Vegetable oil. Must be in the diet of a nursing mother. It is important to monitor the quality of the product - little must be unrefined, direct extraction. It is allowed to add to the main dishes as a dressing or take 1 tablespoon daily olive, sunflower, corn, pumpkin oil.
- Flour products and sweets. It is necessary to minimize the consumption of white and black bread - they can provoke bloating, colic. The best option - cereal bread with bran. Sweet buns, confectionery products are undesirable, replacing them with wafer biscuits, bread. If you really want sweet, you can eat 1–2 pcs. marshmallow, marmalade, marshmallow.
- Pasta. In reasonable quantities permissible as a side dish or a component of the first dish. Choose products from durum wheat. Do not fill the dish with spicy sauces.
- Nuts Allowed in small quantities (20 g per day) in the absence of allergy to the product in a child. It is not recommended to eat peanuts - it is a highly allergenic product. The most suitable types are almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts.
- Leafy greens. Fresh salads (spinach, arugula, etc.) are rich in nutrients and can enrich the composition of breast milk. Spicy herbs (dill, parsley, onion, basil, and others) are permissible in the diet, but in limited quantities, as they may adversely affect the taste of breast milk. As a result, the baby may refuse to feed.
Food after childbirth
In the early days of lactation, it is especially important to eat properly and ensure proper drinking regimen.
In the first weeks of life, the baby reacts particularly sensitively to changes in the mother's diet. Immediately after birth, the body begins to produce colostrum - the first food for the crumbs. It is important to ensure proper drinking regime and food safe products. Milk, as a rule, begins to be produced on the 3rd day after birth, and the stabilization of lactation is achieved only after a month. During this period, a woman is allowed to eat and drink:
- lean broth,
- low fat boiled meat
- bran bread,
- dried fruits compote,
- porridge on the water,
- vegetable soups,
- hypoallergenic vegetables boiled or baked,
- baked apples,
- hard cheese and butter (not more than 20 g),
- low-fat cottage cheese.
To diversify the menu, it is recommended to prepare various dishes from permitted products - casseroles, burgers, soups, sandwiches, stews.
Prohibited and unwanted products
Allergenic products can be tasted in minimal quantities no earlier than a baby turns 3-4 months.
Not always the products from the list of allowed ones are relevant in a particular case. So, if the baby is prone to allergies, then many types of vegetables, fruits, as well as fish and some other types of food should not be eaten by the mother. However, many mothers do not limit their diet at all and do not note negative reactions in the child. However, there is a list of products that are banned during the period of HB due to the fact that they may be dangerous for the well-being and development of the crumbs, are “empty”, not beneficial, or contain unwanted ingredients. These include:
- fast food,
- instant coffee,
- canned and pickled products,
- semi-finished products
- sausage and smoked products,
- hot spices and spices
- Exotic fruits,
- Forest mushrooms,
- carbonated drinks,
- pastry with chemical additives,
- mayonnaise and shop sauces,
Among the products, often provoking allergies, undesirable in the first months of a baby’s life, include:
- citrus and strawberries,
Signs of allergies can be:
- redness of the skin on the face and body,
- dry and irritated skin
- greenish and / or loose stools with mucus,
- digestive disorders.
Some foods cause fermentation in the intestines, are difficult to digest and cause flatulence, bloating, colic. This list includes:
- White cabbage,
- bread and other pastries,
- raw milk
Rules feeding mothers
The older the child becomes, the more varied may be the menu of a nursing mother.
Recommendations on the formation of the diet of a nursing mother are often contradictory. On the one hand, it is necessary to ensure balance and diversity in the preparation of the menu. On the other hand, many healthy foods can cause colic or allergy in a baby and are undesirable to consume. To meet both of these requirements is possible, following the principles of nutrition during breastfeeding:
- Try new products in turn, in different time intervals. This will allow the child to detect a negative reaction to a specific type of food and continue to exclude him from the menu. Hence the consequence - in the first month to practice separate nutrition, gradually moving to multi-component dishes.
- It is necessary to monitor the reaction to a new product for 2-3 days. For the first time try a small amount, and if everything is in order with the baby, increase the serving every day.
- Eat fractional. In order not to overload the digestive system, increase the frequency of meals up to 5-6 times a day. Of these, there should be 3 basic methods and 2–3 snacks.
- Observe the diet. This applies to the mother's diet, and the frequency of attachment to the baby's chest.
- Cook food in gentle ways. It is undesirable to fry foods, cook in deep fat. Such methods of cooking negatively affect their usefulness and complicate the process of digestion.
- Eat varied. No need to deny yourself the desired dishes, just find them a decent alternative. For example, replace the mayonnaise in the salad "Olivier" with yogurt or sour cream, and the sausage - with boiled chicken breast. Then the favorite snack will benefit both you and the baby.
- Eat allowed sweets. Many nursing mothers can not do without sweets, the rejection of sweets and cakes becomes a real challenge for them. Choose delicacies that do not harm the crumbs and eat in moderation. For example, marmalade, marshmallow, and dried fruit will help satisfy cravings for sweets.
Nursing mothers reviews
the first 3 weeks lactation only set ... when I fed my son only boiled ovoshi and meat ate ... the rest was a terrible rash ... there were no such problems with my daughter
I eat everything. :) I don’t deny myself anything at all. Here, recently, strawberries and tangerines ate, and they went ... So try everything on the sly.
I also followed the diet first: in the morning porridge without milk + cocoa neskvik (one spoon per cup with water and 4 oatmeal cookies, after 2 hours a banana, lunch, a simple soup with beef with sour cream and bread, afternoon tea a pack of cottage cheese with sour cream, in the evening vegetable stew (broccolo. carrot onion and in the intervals drank water from the barrier, now I eat everything except semi-finished products. and strawberries and cherries and black currants and fried potatoes, and recently could not resist and ate nuggets from McDonald's and everything was ok. I was somewhere I read that you need everything so that the body is used al to the allergens.
Marina under the umbrella
She ate only oatmeal with a sour milk, because her daughter had allergy for everything else
ate cottage cheese, chicken, broth, potatoes. tea with milk. all ... food dreamed of
And we have the opposite - in the hospital we were fed with plums, pea soup, and even herring with onions 😯 I especially liked the dialogue in the children's department: Nurse: What did they give for lunch? I: Borsch. Nurse: And you ate it? Me: Yeah. Nurse: What fools you are, first eat everything you give, and then the children toil their stomachs. In borscht there is cabbage, from her small belly is puffy. Here you will fill up all sorts of rubbish, and then run to us for medicines. That's it. Later I didn’t eat almost in the dining room, they brought me from home. But up to three months, I sat on a rather rigid diet - my daughter had raw tummy from raw vegetables and fruits, milk, black bread. Now I eat everything without restriction, except citrus - a little of them.
my mother also said that she ate everything with us three, and did not know grief. My sister also has no problems with her daughter. and when breastfeeding, and when the baby began to feed, but my baby had an allergy to the chicken. already covered with husks. I had to leave her from the diet. Doctors prescribed me vitamins. and pours on them. so that the baby is all good, and mom is "frayed" (well, nothing. if only healthy
Video: Komarovsky's tips on feeding a nursing mother
Основные ограничения по питанию для кормящей мамы актуальны в течение первых месяцев жизни крохи. Already at 6 months (as recommended by WHO), the child himself will begin to try products of the first complementary foods, and mother will be able to return to the usual way of eating. However, remember that throughout the entire period of breastfeeding, which should last up to a year or more, it is important to take care of the balance and full value of the diet.
- Reasonable approach - the main rule of nutrition for nursing mothers. Overeating leads to severe indigestion and impaired stool in both the child and the woman. Even the most useful products in abundance are harmful,
- The first month, follow a hypoallergenic diet that will protect your baby from allergies and stomach problems. You can find a list of approved products for hypoallergenic food here,
- From the second month, start the introduction of a new food. Try each new product separately at intervals of 2–3 days to accurately determine the response of the infant. In the absence of negative consequences, eat the product further and gradually increase the dose. If you have a negative reaction, stop taking this food for four weeks. Then try again,
- Drink more fluids. Warm drinking stimulates milk production, cleanses the body and removes toxins. Nursing mothers need to eat at least two liters per day, with half of the volume falls on water. Without harm to the baby and with the benefit of lactation, they drink green tea and natural juices, fruit drinks and fruit drinks. Do not forget that broths and soups also contain liquid,
- Carefully add to the diet products with the content of cow's protein, including the eggs and cow's milk. Eggs begin to try with the yolk, if necessary, go to the quail. Cow's milk is not recommended to drink in the first months of lactation.
- It is important that the menu is rich in vitamins and nutrients. Do not use a strict diet. Severe restrictions in food will lead to a lack of substances and vitamins, a negative impact on health and well-being. But remember the measure and do not pass!
- Eat stewed and baked foods, steamed dishes, give up fried and too spicy food.
- Limit the consumption of flour and sweet,
- Eliminate from the diet of alcohol and carbonated drinks, canned food with the addition of dyes and chemicals. They cause serious illness, intoxication and developmental disabilities,
- When breastfeeding can not eat mushrooms, pickles and pickles. Large amounts of salt and vinegar lead to poisoning. And mushrooms are too hard to digest,
- In the preparation of dishes it is not recommended to use seasonings and spices, a large amount of salt and pepper. For taste and richness, you can add parsley or dill, low-fat sour cream. Mayonnaise, ketchup and other sauces are prohibited foods during the breastfeeding period.
Milk and dairy products
Cow's milk does not affect the production and quality of breast milk, and fresh milk can reduce the volume. In addition, cow protein in the composition of the drink often causes allergies in newborns. Famous Dr. Komarovsky recommends completely abandon the use of cow's milk until the fourth or fifth month. However, these are drastic measures and, in the absence of allergy, milk can be drunk with respect.
Drink baked milk, as it is easier to digest and does not affect the course of lactation. Without fear, you can drink goat's milk, but it has a specific taste that not many people like. At first, boil the cereal on the water, milk porridge is introduced on the fourth or fifth month.
Cottage cheese necessarily included in the list of products when breastfeeding. It forms and strengthens the skeleton, develops mental abilities and stimulates the brain, which is so necessary for a newborn baby. It is important to choose a product without additives. Well, if you can cook cottage cheese at home. This is not as difficult and lengthy process as it seems at first glance. How to do this, read here.
Kefir contains a small percentage of alcohol in its composition, which is why many nursing mothers are afraid to drink a drink. However, this percentage is so small (up to 0.6%) that it is safe for an infant if it complies with the norms. Pediatricians advise to introduce kefir not earlier than 6-8 months. This drink restores and improves the intestinal microflora, strengthens hair and nails. The daily dose is 0.5 liters. Do not drink a drink more than two or three times a week and enter into the diet before three or four months.
The cheeses are introduced in the second or third month and begin with hard varieties. Then you can turn on soft and brine species (cheese, feta, etc.). By the way, brine varieties are considered hypoallergenic. But the processed cheese should be excluded.
Sour cream, choose lean. Add sour cream in soups, salads and main dishes, mix with cottage cheese. It rarely causes a negative reaction. Do not forget about such healthy dairy drinks as yogurt and ryazhenka.
In the first month of lactation, doctors are allowed to drink only water and green tea. Pure non-carbonated water is the main drink consumed during the entire lactation period. Green tea tones and positively affects the formation of breast milk. At the same time it is safe for the baby.
Drink weak black tea from the second or third month. At the same time, freshly prepared apple and carrot juices, half diluted with water, are administered. With time, the volume of water is reduced. During the feeding period, you should not drink tomato juice, citrus and exotic fruit juices.
A suitable drink during lactation is a compote of berries, fruits and dried fruits. Fresh and dried pears and apples, dried apricots and raisins, plums and prunes will do. During the period of breastfeeding, bright berries and fruits should be excluded. Therefore, it is not recommended to drink compotes of red currant, strawberry or strawberry. Drink recipes can be found in the article “Preparing compote for nursing mothers”.
Drink cow's milk with caution. In the first months it is better to abandon this product or replace it with goat. Kefir can be drunk 6-8 months after the baby is born.
Coffee to drink during lactation can not be at least six months. It adversely affects the nervous system of the infant, disrupts sleep, increases activity and arousal. Coffee lovers can switch to chicory, which is less harmful to the baby.
Nursing mothers are forbidden to drink alcohol and carbonated drinks. They cause irreparable harm to the child and mother, become the causes of the disease and disorders in the work of the internal organs.
Products and drinks to enhance lactation
So that the milk does not disappear or does not decrease, it is necessary to maintain lactation and establish breastfeeding. This is the correct attachment and posture when feeding, caring for breasts and nipples, suitable and comfortable underwear. The frequency of attachments also has an effect. With poor lactation, the baby is applied every hour. Feed your baby on demand, not according to the regime. Be sure to feed at night, at least four times.
As already mentioned, drinking has a positive effect on lactation. In addition, there are approved breastfeeding products that can improve the production of breast milk. The following is a list of such foods and beverages.
- Low-fat soups and broths,
- Meat low-fat varieties,
- Buckwheat, oatmeal and oatmeal,
- Parsley, green salad and dill,
- Herbal tea for nursing,
- Green tea and chamomile tea,
- Cumin and fennel decoctions,
- Bread with cumin and bran,
- White cheese,
- Cottage cheese,
- Black and white currant,
- Ginger and ginger tea,
Healthy Diet Guide
Food affects the entire lactation process. Some products increase the amount of milk produced, some are able to reduce it. At the same time, they affect the taste of breast milk in such a way that the baby can give up breastfeeding altogether. High-quality menu provides the development of the required volume of milk and the full development of the child.
For the correct selection of products you need:
- It is reasonable to choose food, do not overeat, because excessive nutrition entails gastric discomfort not only in a nursing mother, but also in a child,
- choose hypoallergenic products in the first 4 weeks after birth to protect the newborn from allergies,
- start experimenting with variety in the menu not earlier than the second month, the new food is consumed in small portions and the reaction of the child’s body is estimated within 2-3 days,
- drink plenty of fluids, better warm, it will stimulate the formation of milk and simultaneously clean the female body,
- treat products that contain animal protein with caution (eggs, milk),
- to take into account the saturation of food consumed with necessary nutrients and minerals, their deficiency slows down the growth and development rates of the infant,
- abandon fried and spicy dishes, it is better if they are steamed, stewed or baked in the oven,
- limit yourself to the flour and rich treats, as well as various sweets,
- completely remove alcohol and soda from your list of drinks,
- do not eat canned products
- refuse mushrooms and pickles, salt and acetic acid can cause poisoning, and mushroom dishes are hard to digest,
- not to improve the taste of food by adding seasonings and spices, also abandon mayonnaise and various sauces.
Acceptance of cow's milk does not affect the quality of breast milk, but the protein contained in it belongs to allergens and can harm the baby.
Doctors do not recommend drinking milk for up to five months, but in the absence of a child's tendency to allergies, it is allowed to start using it earlier.
Baked milk is included in the list of allowed products. has better digestibility and does not affect the quality of lactation. During breastfeeding, goat's milk will be suitable, but due to the specific taste, not everyone can drink it. First, all the cereals are boiled in water, porridge in milk is allowed to cook, starting from the fourth month.
There is a need for breast-feeding cottage cheese. Without it, the formation of a bone skeleton will be difficult. It is also a great stimulant for brain activity and mental processes. It is important that the cottage cheese was not impurities and additives, and even better if it is homemade.
Some nursing mothers doubt that after taking kefir, you can continue breastfeeding, because it contains a small amount of alcohol. But its quantity is insignificant and insignificant, which does not threaten unpleasant consequences for the baby. However, children's doctors offer to include it in the diet not earlier than the child turns six months. Kefir has a positive effect on the intestinal microflora, improves the condition of hair and nails, but you should not include it in the menu more than three times a week.
Breastfeeding product list contains cheeses. When the baby is 2 months old, solid varieties are introduced into the permitted products during breastfeeding, and later brynza or other soft and pickled types are added to them. As for processed cheese, it is desirable to refuse them.
Sour cream for lactating mothers is shown with a low percentage of fat, it is added to cottage cheese, salad or soup. Dairy products such as ryazhenka or sour milk also do not harm with Guards. Products purchased with nursing mothers must be fresh, so you need to additionally check the date of their manufacture at purchase.
Which fruit to choose?
The list of products allowed for lactation includes some fruits. A balanced diet can not be imagined without the inclusion of these tasty and healthy fruits. In order to choose a fruit that does not cause harm in the form of allergies, stool rashes or other troubles should:
- choose to eat fruits whose color is not bright, except for those fruits that are easily exempt from red or orange peel,
- do not abuse citrus,
- specify before use the degree of influence of the desired fruit on the state of the intestinal microflora.
In the first month after birth, you can eat apples. Pre-green fruits need to remove the skin. These fruits are very useful for blood composition and hemoglobin levels. When used regularly, apples reduce the risk of constipation.
Pears also refer to authorized foods. They promote blood formation, stabilize the heart and digestion. Despite the fact that pears are sweeter than apples, their sugar content is less. We must remember that you can not eat pears on an empty stomach, and before eating you need to peel them.
Bananas - are allowed food when breastfeeding. If they are eaten in between meals, this is a great snack, and banana puree is suitable for breakfast. Bananas relieve insomnia, improve mood and stimulate the immune system.
3 months after delivery, you can try peach and nectarine. There are them when breastfeeding need to be careful because of the presence of an allergen. In general, peaches protect against stress and depression, relieve swelling, improve mood.
Plums are better to pre-cook and drink plum compote, it allows you to increase the amount of milk produced, strengthen the bone system and normalizes blood circulation.
Fresh fruits and berries, grown in the season of their ripening, and not greenhouse hybrids, are well suited for feeding mothers who are nursing.
So white and yellow cherries can be eaten in the period May-August, nectarines and peaches - mid-July-September, figs - ripen from June to the end of September, in October-December persimmon, and useful grenades in stores will be from September to December.
While the child is not 3 months old, it is better if the fruit will be eaten dried or baked. This will reduce their allergen content.
How to choose vegetables?
All vegetables that have a red color should be treated with caution, in addition to useful elements they include pectin, which can cause strong skin rashes. But you can’t do without them.
If we talk about tomatoes, then, in general, they affect the body positively. Increase stress resistance and struggle with the formation of cancer cells, have immunostimulatory properties. To make sure that they are completely harmless, it is necessary to experiment first with the fruits of yellow shades and use them without skin.
The benefits of broccoli and cauliflower are known to all. Their use is not capable of harming the infant, on the contrary, vitamin C will help improve mood and strengthen the immune system of the crumbs, struggling with viral infections and stress. This is not the case with cabbage. It is hard to digest and threatens the child with digestive disorders.
Squashes are allowed to feed nursing mothers from the first days after birth. They contain a large amount of vitamins and nutrients, they help cleanse the body and cope with overweight, reduce blood pressure and normalize the activity of the nervous system.
Very carefully you need to be in the use of cucumbers to avoid unpleasant manifestations on the part of the pancreas. During lactation, preference should be given only to fresh young cucumbers with the highest content of vitamin C. This vegetable helps in getting rid of excess fluids and cleansing the kidneys, improves the condition of the heart muscle and increases resistance to stressful situations.
Nursing mothers banned cucumbers in pickles and pickled pickles. They hold the liquid, lead to poisoning. But in pickle, after heat treatment, pickled cucumbers lose this property, therefore, with GW, after half a year, it is completely allowed to use it.
The carrot, which improves visual functions and skin, should be introduced into food during breastfeeding with care, as may cause allergic reactions.
The list of products that need to be eaten with caution in the period of the Guards also includes eggplants. They are not prohibited, but allowed to be eaten after 3 months of a baby’s life in moderation. Eggplants improve the metabolic processes in the body, stimulate the kidneys, liver, digestive system. Eating eggplants will help babies cope with constipation.
Another natural remedy for constipation - beets. The main thing is not to overdo it. It should be present in the diet in small quantities to improve digestion, develop and strengthen the skeleton.
Vegetables that can be eaten by a nursing mother should be properly steamed, steamed, baked, or stewed. To eat fresh fruits, they must be rinsed well.
What drinks are preferable?
The list of foods and drinks allowed for breastfeeding increases by months. During the first four weeks of a child’s life, it is not advisable to drink something other than plain water and green tea as a drink.
Clean non-carbonated water should be drunk throughout the entire period when the baby is applied to her mother's breast. Green tea has a tonic effect, which is important for coffee lovers, which is included in the list of prohibited foods for nursing mothers. In addition, this drink contributes to the production of milk.
Во время второго месяца из реестра «запрещенные продукты» исключается черный чай, свежевыжатый сок из яблочек и морковки. Важно, чтобы крепость чая была не сильной, а к сокам добавлена вода, разбавляют их в два раза. Постепенно объем воды уменьшают. Под запретом остается сок из томатов, апельсинов, грейпфрутов и экзотических плодов.
Perfectly quench thirst and replenish vitamin reserve berry compotes. Fresh fruits and dried fruits are also suitable for making compotes: apple, pear, plum, dried apricots, prunes and raisins. It is better not to use all possible berries of bright color to make a drink. Currants, strawberries or strawberries can cause allergies in a child.
Dairy products can be consumed with great care, it is better not to introduce them into the diet before 6 months after birth. Also for six months, a ban on coffee. It has a stimulating effect on the nervous system of the baby and increases anxiety. For those who feel without coffee, a chicory drink is uncomfortable.
It is strictly forbidden to drink alcoholic and carbonated drinks while breastfeeding. They, of course, harm the body of a woman, and irreversible damage is caused to the health of the infant.
What is to enhance lactation?
The amount of milk produced depends on the measures taken by the mother to preserve and increase lactation. To do this, you need to regularly attach the baby to the breast, choose the correct posture for feeding, monitor the condition of the breasts and nipples, wear special bras, give the breast to the child at will, especially at night.
For lactation is very important enhanced drinking mode, especially well stimulate the production of breast milk warm drinks. A number of products that are allowed while breastfeeding may also contribute to this process.
To improve lactation, you can use:
- lean meat, fit chicken, turkey and rabbit,
- broths and soups cooked on the same lean meat,
- some croup (hercules buckwheat),
- a small amount of nuts (walnuts),
- herbal teas specifically designed for lactation,
- infusions of cumin and fennel,
- cottage cheese,
- bread with the addition of bran and cumin,
- ginger and tea with him,
- berries of gooseberry, white and red currants.
Products allowed to women during breastfeeding should not be very hot or cold. It can hurt, it is better to take all products in a slightly cooled or slightly heated form.