Meaning of the name: from Heb. I? H? N? N - "Yahweh (God) had mercy, God's mercy."
Main features: integrity of nature and consistency, intelligence, cunning, softness and openness.
Character traits. Ivan is active, enduring, reliable, serious, but he is not self-confident, it is quite difficult for him to get along with the team. This is a kind person who can give the last even to his enemy. Smart, but does not have the speed of reaction. He has golden hands. Ivan very much values his family, his family, he loves his children very much.
January 20 (7), March 9 (February 24), June 7 (May 25), July 7 (June 24), September 11 (August 29), October 6 (September 23), October 25 (12) - John the Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist of the Lord.
April 12 (March 30), December 16 (3) - John the Silent (Silent), Savvait, Bishop.
May 21 (8), July 13 (June 30), October 9 (September 26) - John the Theologian, an apostle of the twelve disciples of Jesus, an evangelist.
December 11 (November 28) - John Byzantine, martyr.
June 5 (May 23), September 16 (3), November 25 (12) - John Vlasatiy, Merciful, Rostov, Christ for the holy fool.
August 12 (July 30) - John the Warrior.
December 17 (4) - John of Damascus, reverend, songwriter.
January 17 (4), May 8 (April 25), October 10 (September 27), November 12 (October 30) - John the Evangelist, Apostle of the Seventy, Bishop of Alexandria, Apollonia, Babylon.
February 9 (January 27), February 12 (January 30), September 27 (14), November 26 (13) - John Chrysostom, Constantinople, Patriarch, Ecumenical Teacher.
January 2 (December 20) - John of Kronstadt, Archpriest.
January 28 (15) - John Kuschnik, Rev.
April 12 (March 30) - John of the Ladder, Sinai, hegumen.
August 31 (18), November 1 (October 19) - John of Rila, Rev.
Apostle John the Theologian, dates of memory May 21, July 3 and 13, October 9
This name was borne by the apostle and evangelist John the Theologian. He was the son of Zebedee and Salome (daughter of Joseph the Bandman). The Lord called John with his brother James the number of his disciples.
The Savior especially loved the Apostle John, for this he was among the three disciples whom Jesus Christ brought him closer to him. He was honored to see the resurrection of Jairus’s daughter, the Transfiguration of the Lord on Mount Tabor, during the Last Supper he was next to Christ and, at the sign of the holy Apostle Peter, asked Him who was the traitor.
The Holy Apostle John followed the Lord, while He was being led from the Garden of Gethsemane to the court of Caiaphas and Anna, he did not depart from the Lord on the Way of the Cross.
Together with the Mother of God, he lamented and wept at the foot of the Cross. After the death of the Savior, he, as a caring son, took care of the Most Holy Mother of God. He was always in Jerusalem near the Most Holy Virgin until her assumption.
After that, he went to Ephesus to preach the Gospel with his disciple Prokhor. During the transfer to the sea a strong storm arose. All passengers thrown on the ground, except for the holy apostle. His disciple was very sad and lamented. But I decided to go to Ephesus, as was intended.
On the fourteenth day of his journey, Prokhor was standing on the shore and suddenly saw that a man was thrown onto the shore in waves. It was the apostle John. The Lord saved his life, and under the water he spent fourteen days.
In Ephesus, the apostle preached the Word of God, many pagans began to convert to Christianity. But the pagan emperor Nero ordered severe punishment of believers in Christ. The Holy Apostle was captured and taken to Rome for trial, where he was sentenced to death. However, by the will of God, the Apostle John remained alive several times when he was offered to drink the cup where the poison was, when he was placed in a huge kettle of boiling oil.
Then the saint was exiled to the island of Patmos. Here he lived for many more years. On the way there, he performed many miracles. On the island the apostle continued his sermon, cast out demons, healed the sick. A lot of people took holy baptism. But on the island of Patmos, pagan forces strongly opposed the spread of Christianity. Magus Kinops even promised that he would kill the Apostle John. But the holy power of grace destroyed all the tricks of the heathen, who as a result drowned.
After some time, the apostle, along with Prokhor, retired to the mountain, where they spent three days in fasting and prayer. It was here that the saint wrote the Book of Revelations - Apocalypse by the influx of the Holy Spirit. Around 95, he returned to Ephesus, having received his freedom and wrote the Gospel here.
More than 100 years he lived on earth, becoming the only person by the time who saw Christ. When it was time to go to Eternal life, the apostle John retired outside the city with his disciples. He asked them to dig a coffin in the form of a cross in the ground. The saint lay down in him, telling the disciples to start filling him with earth.
The disciples fulfilled his request, when his other followers found out about this, they immediately arrived at the burial place of the apostle. They excavated the grave, but the body was not in it.
The Confessor John the Russian, the date of memory is June 9
Another saint named John is the confessor John of Russian. He was born at the end of the 17th century. In due time, he was called up for military service as a soldier in the army of Peter the Great. He had to participate in the Russian-Turkish war. In 1711, the Tatars captured him, and then sold him to the head of the Turkish cavalry. He, in turn, took the prisoner to his homeland.
Turks tried to convert Christians to Islam. Saint John stood steadfastly in his faith, courageously endured all the beatings and torments.
As a result, his master accepted the fact that John would never back down from his faith and ceased to torment him. He was identified in the barnyard, where he took care of the animals, and here he slept, right in the corner of the stall. St. John worked conscientiously, he worked all day. In winter, without proper clothes and shoes, he performed all his duties. Other slaves often beat him for such zeal, but he never offended them.
The owner of the honesty and diligence of St. John offered him to live freely and wherever he wanted. But the saint did not want to leave the stables, because it was here, at night, that he could be attached to prayer. His scarce food, he was always ready to share with others in need.
When at the end of his life, he was sick, he asked to call a priest to him. But he was afraid to go with the Holy Gifts to the pagan and put them in an apple, which he gave to righteous John. After Communion, he peacefully departed to the Lord. The priest allowed the host to bury him in a Christian manner.
After 3.5 years, the priest was honored in a dream of a wonderful notice that the righteous relics of John are imperishable. Having opened them, all Christians were convinced of this. The body of John the Merciful was transferred to the church of the holy martyr George.
Many people began to flock to the relics of St. John the Russian in order to receive healing. In 1881, part of the relics were transferred to Athos in the Russian monastery.
Prophet John the Baptist - Baptist Jesus Christ
Very often, boys are named after John in honor of the holy Prophet and Baptist John. John the Baptist is the most honored saint after the Virgin Mary. The following holidays were established in his honor: October 6 - conception, July 7 - Christmas, September 11 - truncation of the head, January 20 - the Cathedral of John the Baptist in connection with the holiday of Epiphany, March 9 - the first and second acquisitions of his head, June 7 - the third gain its heads, October 25, is the festival of transferring his right hand from Malta to Gatchina (in a new style).
The Prophet John the Baptist was born in the family of the priest Zechariah and the righteous Elizabeth, who prayed God for many years to bestow upon them children. Then one day the Archangel Gabriel in a dream appeared to Zechariah and announced the birth of a son.
The future prophet John was a maternal relative of the Lord Jesus Christ and was born six months before him. By the miracle of God, the infant escaped death during the slaughter of the babies in the city of Bethlehem.
Grew St. John in the wilderness. With the strongest fasting and prayer from a young age, he prepared himself for righteous service. When he was 30 years old, the Lord called him to preach to the Jewish people.
The Prophet John addressed the people on the banks of the Jordan River, where many people came for religious ablution. But the saint said that not only external purification is important, but, above all, moral. You need to prepare yourself for accepting the gospel and meeting with Christ.
The Lord Jesus Christ Himself came to John to be baptized. His baptism was accompanied by a miracle - the descent of the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove. And the voice of God the Father announced from heaven: “This is My beloved Son. "
John received a revelation of the Lord, so he told the people: "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world."
The prophet John was awaiting martyrdom. King Herod Antipas commanded to imprison the saint for the fact that Herod was convicted of abandoning his wife and for a prodigal relationship with Herodias (before that she was the wife of Herod's brother, Philip)
In celebration of the birthday of Herod, Salome, the daughter of Herodias, made unholy dances. They liked the king so much that he promised to give her everything she asked. Salome asked him for the head of John the Baptist (this girl was incited by her mother). And the head should have been on the dish.
Herod sent the guard to the dungeon, where the prophet sat and commanded to fulfill the wish of Salome. The order was immediately executed. Herod gave the head of the prophet John to the dancer, and she gave it to her unholy mother Herodias. She decided to outrage over the severed head and threw it in a dirty place.
The disciples of John the Baptist saved the body of the saint and buried him in the city of Sebastia.
Herod awaited cruel retribution. His troops were defeated by Aref, the father of the king’s legitimate wife, whom he abandoned. A year later, the emperor Caligula ordered to imprison Herod in prison.
The holy head of John the Baptist found the pious John. She buried her in a vessel on the Mount of Olives. Later, one of the devotees was digging a moat at this place to lay the foundation of the temple. He found this shrine. For a long time he kept at his place, before his death, in order to conceal unbelievers from desecration, he again buried him in the same place.
During the reign of Constantine the Great, two monks came to Jerusalem. They wanted to worship the Tomb of the Lord. One of them was the prophet John. He indicated where his head was buried. From this time on, Christians began to celebrate the first finding of the head of John the Forerunner.
About the prophet John the Baptist, the Lord Jesus Christ said: "Of those born of women, the greater than John the Baptist did not rise (prophet)." John the Baptist is glorified by the Church as “an angel, and an apostle, and a martyr, and a prophet, and a candlestick, and a friend of Christ, and a seal, and a petitioner of old and new grace, and in the most beloved and bright words born.”
Martyr John the Warrior, the date of memory August 12
Another saint named John is the holy martyr John the Warrior. He served with the army of Emperor Julian the Apostate. Together with other warriors, John was sent to kill Christians. But the saint did a lot to help the persecuted — he freed those who were captured, warned about the danger, letting religious people go, helped them escape.
The emperor found out about this and ordered him to be put in prison. But in 363, Julian the Apostate was killed during the war with the Persians. St. John the Warrior found freedom and devoted his life to helping his neighbors. To the Lord, he withdrew in deep old age.
The place of his burial was eventually forgotten. One day a saint appeared to a pious Christian woman and pointed to the place of rest. Imperishable relics were transferred to Constantinople in the temple of the Apostle John the Theologian.
Orthodox saints named John
There are very few saints bearing the name John in the life of the Russian Orthodox Church, but they all differed with true faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, whoever you choose as your heavenly patron, trust in his help. May the Lord God help you through the prayers of our saints.
Below we provide a list of all the saints named after John, the dates are in a new style.
- John, mts. February 8, November 11
- John (Rybin), mch. February 8, October 21
- John (Zolotov), mch. February 8, October 9
- John (Lomakin), mch. February 8, August 10
- John (Menkov), mch. February 8, December 26
- John (Milyoshkin), mch. February 8, August 10
- John (Perebaskin), mch. February 8, February 5, March 7
- John, Prince November 17
- John (Selmanov), mch. February 8, August 10
- John (Chernov), mch. February 8, April 10
- John (Letnikov), confessor February 8, October 25
- John, mts. February 8, November 11
- John (Protopopov), m. February 8, July 29
- John (Malyshev), mch. February 8, January 20.
- John February 3
- John, cf. 12 December
- John (Emelyanov), mch. February 8, December 10
- John February 23
- John 30 November
- John, mts. October 6 (ilk in Vrahori)
- John, mch.20 June
- John, St. July 10
- John, mts. July 22 (before the baptism of Moab (Moab), king of Baghdad)
- John (Shuvalov), mch. February 8, February 17
- John, mts. August 15
- John (Sokardin), mch. February 8
- John (Kolesnikov), mch. February 8, April 17
- John, m., Boy, Swedes, January 2
- John (Artyomov), mch. February 8, October 14
- John (Korotkov), mch. February 8, September 30
- John, mts. July 9
- John (Demidov), mch. February 8, July 13
- John (Demidov), mch. February 8, December 20
- John (Lyubimov), mch. February 8, January 19
- John (Vasilyev), confessor February 8, December 6
- John (Pommer), srmch., Archbishop, Riga February 8, October 12
- John (Maysuradze), confessor, archimandrite September 21
- John (Carpenters), Sshmch., Deacon February 8, August 12
- John (Smirnov), Sshmch., Deacon February 8, August 18
- John (Moshkov), Sshmch., Deacon February 8, November 20
- John (Khrenov), Sshmchch., Deacon February 8, October 21
- John (Kastorsky), Sshmch., Deacon February 8, February 5, March 7
- John (Melnitsky), Holy Trinity, February 8, November 3
- John, en, Irinopolsky February 17
- John, Bishop, Sardis 30 December
- John (Pashin), Sshmch., Bishop, Rylsky February 8, March 11
- John (the Trojan), svmch., Bishop, Velikoluksky February 8, September 4
- John, Bishop, Rostov January 30
- John, Bishop, Manglissky April 10
- John, Venerable, Hegumen, Kafar May 10
- John, Venerable, Hegumen, Patalarei August 16
- John, prmch., Hegumen, Monagrianskoe17 June
- John (Smirnov), schmch., Priest February 8, December 5
- John (Rudinsky), priest, February 8, November 11
- John (Rumyantsev), cf.m., priest February 8, June 20, August 13
- John (Talyzin), priest, February 8, November 2
- John (Rybin), Cf., priest February 8, October 19
- John (Skadovsky), Cf., priest February 8, November 23
- John (Tomilov), priest, February 8, February 16
- Ioann (Smirnov), cf.m., priest February 8, January 14
- John (Smirnov), schmch., Priest February 8, November 6
- John (Smolichev), cf.m., priest February 8, September 15
- John (Sofronov), priest, February 8, September 23
- John (Romashkin), priest, February 8, September 17
- John (Spassky), priest, February 8, May 10
- John (Suldin), priest, February 8, January 14
- John (Streltsov), priest, February 8, March 14
- John (Steblin-Kamensky), priest, February 8, June 28, August 2
- John (Uspensky), priest, February 8, February 4
- John (Bystrov), priest, February 8, October 4
- John (Mironsky), priest, February 8, December 31
- John (Dunayev), priest, February 8, March 11
- John (Derzhavin), priest, February 8, December 15
- John (Glazkov), priest, February 8, December 10
- John (Ganchev), priest, priest February 8, November 2
- John (Vladimirsky), Cf., priest February 8, December 8
- John (Vilensky), priest, February 8, November 10
- John (Zemlyanoy), priest, February 8, December 30
- John (Vasilevsky), cf.m., priest February 8, September 17
- John (Ivanov), Cf., priest February 8, September 15
- John (Boyarshinov), schmch., Priest February 8, September 4
- John (Boykov), cf.m., priest February 8, April 19
- John (Epiphany), priest, February 8, December 24
- Ioann (Blumovich), cf.m., priest February 8, April 13
- John (Baranov), priest, February 8, December 5
- John (Artobolevsky), Cf., priest February 8, February 17
- John (Anserov), priest, February 8, May 6
- John (Aleshkovsky), pp. 8, February 8, February 17
- John (Vecherko), priest, February 8, June 28, April 17
- John (Flerov), priest, February 8, October 4
- John (Rozhdestvenskiy), svmch., Priest February 8, May 10
- John (Rechkin), priest, February 8, November 2
- John (Prigorovsky), p. 8, February 8, April 30
- John (Plekhanov), priest, February 8, March 25
- John (Pyramidinus), priest, February 8, December 2
- Ioann (Pankratovich), cf.m., priest February 8, October 6
- John (Pankov), schmch., Priest February 8, May 9
- John (Zasedatelev), prim., February 8, October 29
- John (Peacekeepers), priest, February 8, March 18
- John (Rozanov), priest, February 8, February 4
- John (Melnichenko), cf.m., priest February 8, September 15
- John (Nikolsky), priest, February 8, August 25
- John (Lazarev), priest, February 8, October 4
- John (Kuminov), priest, February 8, February 28
- John (Korzhavin), cf.m., priest February 8, February 4
- John (Kozyrev), Cf., priest February 8, November 3
- John (of Caesarea), priest, February 8, November 16
- John (Kalinin, Olenevsky), isp., Priest February 8, August 6
- John (Nikolsky), priest, February 8, October 4
- John (Vasilyev), priest, February 8, May 17
- John (Pavlovsky), priest, February 8, September 19
- John (Karabanov), priest, February 8, September 5
- John (Shishev), priest, February 8, August 26
- John (Vishnevsky), priest, February 8, December 15
- John (Pettaya), cf.m., priest February 8, January 29
- John (Kalabukhov), priest, February 8, February 26
- John (Popov), Moscow, Priest February 8, February 8
- John (Budrin), priest, February 8, July 4
- Иоанн (Косинский), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 26 февраля
- Иоанн (Смирнов), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 10 декабря
- Иоанн (Соловьев), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 9 августа
- Иоанн (Знаменский), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 21 марта
- Иоанн (Фрязинов), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 22 февраля
- Иоанн (Флоровский), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 2 декабря
- Иоанн (Можирин), сщмч., иерей 8 февраля, 29 июля
- John (Yakovlev), p. 8, February 8, September 28
- John (Nikolsky), priest, February 8, December 7
- John (Chestnov), svmch., Priest February 8, December 13
- John (Popov), priest, February 8, September 23
- John (Dneprovsky), priest, February 8, December 15
- John (Zabolotny), Cf., priest February 8, December 3
- John (Orlov), priest, February 8, March 7
- John (Tsvetkov), priest, February 8, November 29
- John (Prudentov), priest, February 8, September 25
- John (Laba), srmch., Hierom 8 February, 4 September
- John (Smirnov), sshmch., Hierom February 8, January 5
- John, cf., by hierom, the Belogorsk St. Nicholas Monastery February 8, August 25
- John (Kevroletin), isp., Ieroskhim February 8, January 27
- John, Metropolitan, Kiev and All Russia September 13
- John, Metropolitan, Zikhnovsky December 24
- John, Confessor, Metropolitan, Chalcedon July 31
- John (Maksimovich), Metropolitan, Tobolsk and All SiberiaJune 23
- John, Patriarch, Jerusalem April 12
- John, primch., Novice, Belogorsk St. Nicholas Monastery February 8, August 25
- John (Sretensky), primch., Novice February 8, September 10
- John, smsmch. Presbyter December 11
- John Presbyter August 12
- John (Shvetsov), schmch., Prot. February 8,
- John (Tarasov), schmch., Prot. February 8, December 8
- John (Speransky), Schm., Prot. February 8, November 23
- John (Smirnov), schmch., Prot. February 8, September 9
- John (Rodionov), sshmch., Prot. February 8, November 2
- John (Pyankov), Schmch., Prot. February 8, December 17
- John (Malinovsky), Schmch., Prot. February 8, December 2
- John (of the Granites), schmch., Prot. February 8, February 11
- John (Vinogradov), schmch., Prot. February 8, December 9
- John (Vostorgov), shmmch., Arch. February 8, September 5
- John (Voronets), Schm., Prot. February 8, August 20
- John (Vasilyev), sshmch., Prot. February 8, October 1
- John (Ilyinsky), sshmch., Prot. February 8, September 28
- John (Sailboats), schmch., Prot. February 8, March 7
- John (Dobrokhotov), sshmch., Prot. February 8, February 4
- John (Yanushev), schmch., Prot. February 8, December 8
- John (Sarv), schmch., Prot. February 8, December 3
- John (Lebedev), schmch., Prot. February 8, June 23, September 9
- John (Tikhomirov), Schm., Prot. February 8, February 17
- John (Pokrovsky), sshmch., Prot. February 8, February 26
- John (Borozdin), Sshmch., Arch. February 8, September 28
- John (Khrustalev), schmch., Prot. February 8, December 10
- John (Preobrazhensky), Cm., Protodeacon February 8, June 11
- John (Blinov), Spanish, psalm-reader February 8, April 1
- John, Exarch, Bulgarian August 13
- John V of Constantinople, Patriarch August 31
- John of Adrianopol, mch. February 4
- John of Alexandria, mch. July 11, February 13
- John of Athos, Venerable 26 of May
- John the Silent (Silent), Savvait, Bishop December 16, April 12
- John of Bet Selewski (Persian), sshmch. November 14, December 3
- John the Evangelist, Evangelist July 13, July 3, May 21, October 9
- John Bulgarian, mch. March 18
- John Bulgarian, mt. May 27
- John of Valaam the 5th of March
- John of Valaam the 5th of March
- John of Valaam the 5th of March
- John Byzantine, mch. December 11th
- John Vilensky (Lithuanian), m. April 27
- John Vifinsky, Venerable June 26
- John Vlasatiy, Merciful, Rostovsky, for the sake of the holy fool June 5, November 25, September 16
- John Vlach, mch. May 25
- John Vlach (Wallach), Romanian, m. May 25 (New date of celebration was introduced in the month with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II, December 12, 2006)
- John Warrior August 12
- John of Galatia, mch. June 6
- John of Goths, Bishop July 9, June 1
- John Georgian November 17
- John of Damascus, songwriter December 17
- John (Varsanofy) Damascus, Nitri, hermit, Bishop
- John of Egypt, hermit 11 April
- John of Egypt October 3
- John of Egypt, warrior June 25
- John of Ephesus August 17, November 4
- John of Zedaznia, St. May 20 (one of the founders of Georgian monasticism)
- John Chrysostom, Patriarch, Constantinople February 12, November 26, September 27, February 9 (The Ecumenical Teacher)
- John of Jerusalem, mts. the 3rd of November
- John of Kazan, mch. February 6,
- John of Kazan, mch. October 15
- John of Kazan, mch. October 15
- John Calfas, m., Architect March 11
- John Cappadocian, Patriarch, Constantinople September 7
- John Kolov, Junior, Skitsky, hermit November 22
- John of Constantinople, mch. August 22
- John of Constantinople, Palestine, Venerable February 8
- John of Crete, m. September 28
- John of Kronstadt, Archpriest January 2
- John Kukuzel, Venerable 1st of May
- John Kulik, mch. 1st of May
- John Kuschnik, January 28
- John of the Ladder, Sinai, Abbot March 29, April 12
- John Menuzhsky, Novgorodsky July 7
- John of Merv, mch. July 27
- John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria, November 25
- John the Monk, Archbishop, Ephesus August 17
- John of Moscow, the Big Cap, Christ for the holy foolJuly 16, June 25
- John Mosch, St. March 24
- John Nawclir, mch. The 21st of April
- John of Novgorod, Archbishop September 20
- John New May 19
- John New, Archbishop, Ephesus August 17
- John New, Sochavsky, vmch. June 15
- John New, Yaninsky, mch. 1st of May
- John Oxyrinth (Egyptian), St. December 15
- John olympic november 30
- John the Hermit. Palestinian, Venerable July 2
- John Palaeolavritus, the Old Testament, hieromonk May 2
- John Palestine, Venerable August 3 (spokesman of St. Simeon the Fool)
- John Palestine, prmch. 25th of April
- John Palestine, warrior November 1
- John of Peloponessia, mch. the 3rd of November
- John Petrogradsky (Kovsharov), mch. 8 February, 28 June, 13 August
- John of Pechersk, a post on October 11, December 20
- John of Pechersk October 11, January 11
- John of Pechersk, Kiev, boy October 11, July 25 (the first martyr of Russia)
- John of Pechersk, Long-suffering October 11, July 31
- John the cave, Venerable July 22
- John Polivotsky, Bishop December 17
- John Postnik, Constantinople, Patriarch August 12, September 15
- John the Seer, Egyptian, April 9
- John the Prophet, St. February 19 (student of Varsanofii the Great)
- John the Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist of the Lord, m. September 11, July 7, June 7, October 25, October 6, March 9, January 20
- John Psihait, Confessor June 8
- John of Pskov, Venerable November 6
- John Russian, confessor 9 June
- John of Rufian, St. March 29
- John of Rila, Venerable August 31, July 14, November 1
- John Sawaith, prmch. April 2
- John Svyatorets, Iversky (Athos), pp.25 July
- John of Sebaste, mts. March 22
- John of Serbian, King September 12, December 23
- John of Syracuse, Moscow October 6
- John of Syria, Hermit March 8
- John (Nunn) of Solun 11 June
- John of Thessalonica (Thessalonian), April 24, May 1
- John of Suzdal and Nizhny Novgorod, Bishop September 2, October 28
- John the Scholastic, Patriarch, Constantinople March 6
- John (in monasticism Ignatius) Uglich, Vologda, Prilutsky, Schema-monk, Prince on June 5, June 1
- John of Ustyug, St. June 11
- John Ustyug June 11
- John of Thebaid, Jun. 25
- John of Hahul, St. March 23
- John of Chios, Venerable 2 June
- John Khosevit, Caesarea, Bishop October 16, November 10
- John Tsarskoye Selo, Petrogradsky (Kochurov), schmch., Archpriest February 8, June 28, November 13
- John the Wonderworker (Maksimovich), Archbishop, Shanghai and San Francisco July 2, October 12 (Glorified on July 2, 1994 by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad)
- John Shavteli, Venerable April 14, June 22
- John Yarengsky, Venerable November 14, June 28, August 22, July 16
Russian name born in Palestine
According to the researchers, the name Ivan, so common among us and always considered primordially Russian, is actually borrowed from Hebrew, where it sounds like Yohanan (יוחנן), which is usually translated as: "Yahweh (God) had mercy" or "Yahweh regretted."
Appearing in the Middle East, this name has gained extraordinary popularity among Slavic and several other nations. In particular, in its basic form, Ivan, it is widespread among the Croats, Gagauz, Serbs, Macedonians, Belarusians, Ukrainians, Slovenes, Bulgarians, and, of course, Russians.
Name, stepped into the world
In the second half of the 20th century, due to the establishment of closer international contacts, the fashion in the name of Ivan spread to many English-speaking, Portuguese-speaking and Spanish-speaking, among which Latin American states occupy the main place. In them, it acquired a characteristic sound for every nation, for example, Ivan or Evan.
It is known that often the most common name in a given nation is used to denote a whole nation. For example, during the Second World War, the Germans called all Russians Ivan, without distinction of their real name. At the same time, our compatriots called them themselves the Fritz - from the name of Fritz that was common in Germany. In literature, and especially in journalistic, you can find the name Tommy to refer to the British.
Well, when are the names of Ivan celebrated on the Orthodox calendar, when to congratulate the owners of this most popular name in Russia? To answer this question, everyone should know one important thing - birthdays are celebrated on the day when the church celebrates the memory of the saint, whose name he bears. But immediately a new question arises - since this name has always been common, then there are a lot of holy saints of God who have worn it in the entire history of the church, and there are more than a hundred days on their memory in the church calendar - which one to choose? When, for example, should Ivan celebrate his birthday?
Named Orthodox in the old days coincided with his birthday, and this happened for the following reason. It was taken, giving the name of the newborn, first of all to look at the calendar and find out the memory of which saints are celebrated on the day when he was born. The name of one of them was the name of the child, and this saint was considered to be his guardian angel. Thus, the birthday and birthday were always celebrated on the same day.
In the years of Soviet atheism, this custom was forgotten, and the names of the newborn were given according to the imagination of the parents and the whims of changeable fashion. Thus, today, the names of Ivan on the church calendar and the birthdays of the owners of this name, as a rule, do not coincide. How to be?
Solution to the problem
In order to somehow streamline the situation and not to leave our flock without angelic patronage, the Church offered us the only possible option - to celebrate the name of the saint, the name of which we bear.
As an exception: if a person wishes to have as a guardian angel any other saint of the same name for himself, whose day is not the closest on the calendar, then for this he is advised to seek a blessing from his parish priest, of course, if he attends church.
As mentioned above, the days of the birthday of Ivan are celebrated more than a hundred times a year, so the choice is very wide. Since the framework of this article does not allow us to tell in detail about all saints of God who bear this name, let us dwell in more detail only on some of them.
Holy Forerunner Savior
Of course, the most famous and prominent representative of the host of saints bearing this name is John the Baptist - the closest predecessor of Jesus Christ, who predicted the imminent arrival of the Messiah. A resident of the desert, whose youth passed under conditions of the strictest asceticism, he called on the Jews to repent in the name of the coming Kingdom of Heaven.
Immersing them in the waters of the Jordan River, Saint John performed sacred ablutions symbolizing purification from sins. He also performed this ceremony on the Savior who appeared to the world. It is not for nothing that the names of Ivan, associated with the days of veneration of this saint, can be celebrated seven times a year: January 20, March 9, June 7, July 7, September 11, October 6, and October 25.
Favorite disciple of Jesus
Another New Testament owner of this name is the closest disciple of Christ, the youngest of his associates and, apparently, the most beloved - the holy apostle and evangelist John the Theologian. He wrote not only one of the four canonical (recognized by the church) Gospels, but also the famous book “The Revelation of John the Divine,” also known as the “Apocalypse,” and the two apostolic epistles included in the New Testament.
Being in the days of the earthly life of Christ next to his Master, after his ascension to heaven, he went a long way, preaching the word of God to the Gentiles, and only one of the twelve apostles was allowed to die a non-violent death. The modern owners of this name, who chose the holy evangelist as their heavenly patron, celebrate the names of Ivan on one of the following days: May 21, July 13 and October 9. In the Catholic Church, December 27 is added to these dates.
Author of Divine Liturgy
Named after Ivan is also celebrated in the days when the Orthodox world commemorates one of the three ecumenical saints and teachers of the church - St. John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople. His name is on a par with such pillars of the church as St. Basil the Great and St. Gregory the Theologian. Being an outstanding preacher and theologian, he left behind a multitude of essays studied today in all religious schools.
The most famous of his works is the Eastern Divine Liturgy, or as it is called, the Byzantine rite. According to tradition, it is divided into two parts, called the “Liturgy of the Announced” and “The Liturgy of the Faithful”. People who are churched, or at least periodically attending church, are well acquainted with it, since it takes place almost daily. The Russian Orthodox Church celebrates his memory three times a year: February 9 and 12, as well as November 26.
Righteous from the Baltic coast
And finally, it is impossible not to recall our Russian saint of God, beloved and revered by the people - the holy and righteous John of Kronstadt, whose memory is commemorated on January 2 and July 14. In the days of his earthly life, he gained fame as an eminent preacher, spiritual writer, church-public, as well as a social figure who held extreme monarchist views, for which he was extremely negatively assessed by Soviet propaganda.
Being the rector of St. Andrew’s Sea Cathedral in Kronstadt, Father John was an Honorary Member of the Imperial Palestinian Society and a personal confessor of the Emperor Alexander III. It is undeniable that by the beginning of the 20th century he had become the most famous and authoritative figure in the Russian Orthodox Church.
Meanwhile, in the life of the father was always non-bearer and ascetic. He invariably used the enormous sums of money received from rich donators for the needs of the diocese. Monument to the holy righteous is St. John’s Convent built at his expense in St. Petersburg. Reborn after decades of Bolshevik desecration, he again became one of the spiritual centers of Russia.
The name comes from the Hebrew (Aramaic) - Iokanaan. In Latin, pronounced Ivan, in the ancient Greek version - Johannes, in the church - John. Meaning - "Yahweh showed mercy" / "God is merciful." Spreading among other nations, the name often changed its form for convenience in pronunciation and in view of the peculiarities of the translation.
In Ukrainian, the pronunciation of the name Ivan remained unchanged, the only difference in the spelling is because of the alphabet, where the Russian “i” corresponds to the Ukrainian “i”. The Swedes, Estonians, Finns name sounds like Johan, in Germany - Hans, Johann. The Poles and the Czechs acquired the form "Jan", which later became an independent name. In the Spanish version this is Juan, among Muslims it is known as Yahya, in Georgia - Vano, in Italy - Giovanni. When translating the French form of the name "Jacques" into English, we got the names Jack and John. In Armenia, the analogue of the name sounds like Hovhannes.
A bit of tradition
The tradition of celebrating a birthday party seemed forgotten for some time because of the negative attitude towards the church and everything connected with it. Even the baptism of the child took place behind the scenes or in secret. Now it’s hard to imagine an unbaptized person. Rather, on the contrary, to meet a person who has not passed the sacrament of baptism is a rarity. Increasingly, young couples, except for painting in the registry office, prefer to get married. People of different ages come to church, ask for help from God, turn to icons.
And also the tradition has returned, in addition to the birthday itself, to congratulate with the birthday and the day of the angel. Named days are the days when a saint or martyr with this name is honored in the church, his icon. Birthday, the closest birthday, is the day of the angel.
John the Baptist
It belongs to the Old Testament prophets. This is the last one who foreshadowed the coming of Jesus to earth and who baptized Him in the Jordan River. He spent most of his life in the desert living in a cave. He was imprisoned for sermon in a dungeon, and after he was beheaded under King Herod. The relics of the holy - one of the most revered Christian shrines. According to the church calendar, the names of Ivan in honor of John the Baptist are held seven times a year: 6.10, 7.06, 7.07, 9.03, 11.09, 20.01 and 25.10.
The icon of John the Forerunner is turned to those who seek meaning in life, go astray, want to find their vocation, get rid of doubts about who will have to make a difficult choice. Prayer to the saint helps to get rid of both physical and heartache. Eliminates from all diseases of the head.
Revered by the church as the beloved disciple of the Savior. The youngest of the apostles. John, preaching all his life among the pagans, showed many miracles, he converted many, for which he was persecuted. Also known as the author of "Revelation" (Apocalypse), canonical Gospel and other biblical texts. Often the icons depict the right hand of Jesus. There are four days of celebrating the name of this saint in the church: 21.04, 9.09, 13.07, 3.07.
St. John the Apostle protects the sailors and all who are at sea. People turn to him for help in order to strengthen his family, to receive a blessing, to succeed in his career. Однажды апостола Иоана хотели отравить, но, с Божьей помощью, яд не подействовал. А потому считается, что молитва ему уберегает от отравлений.
Духовный писатель, выдающийся проповедник. При Александре III был его личным духовником. Хотя батюшка и занимал высокие должности, но был аскетичен и нестяжателен. Все пожертвования употреблял на нужды церкви. He advocated monarchism. Revered in church 2.01 and 14.07.
Praying at the icon of John of Kronstadt, they ask for the protection of the family, support in old age, and the preservation of the home. Helps the saint to those who struggle with addictions like addiction, quit smoking. They ask the holy help in their studies. Appeal to the icon helps with various diseases, heals the soul of suffering.
For the believer, prayer is part of the spiritual life. Prayer directed to a certain saint allows you to get help in a particular situation. Cases are widely known when, turning to an icon, a person received healing, help, support, or found a way out under difficult life circumstances.
This name, perhaps, can be considered one of the champions in the number of birthdays per year. According to the church calendar, the name day of John on some days are dedicated at once to several saints with this name. The day of the angel Ivan on the church calendar - the date nearest the birthday, and the saint, whose name is honored in the church on that day, is the guardian angel, the patron of the birthday man. The list does not contain dates added since the end of the last century. To read the full list of dates of the birthday, you should refer to the Orthodox church calendar:
- January: 2, 11, 20, 27, 28th and 30th of January.
- February: The 3rd, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 17th, 19th and 23rd of February.
- March: 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 18, from the 22nd to the 24th and the 29th of March.
- April: 2, 9, from the 10th to the 12th, 14th, 21st, 24th, 25th and 27th of April.
- May: 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 21, from the 25th to the 27th of May.
- June: 1, 2, from the 6th to the 9th, 11th, 15th, 17th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th and 26th of June.
- July: 2, 3, 7, from the 9th to the 11th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 25th, 27th and 31st of July.
- August: The 3rd, 12th, 13th, from the 15th to the 17th, the 22nd and the 31st of August.
- September: 2, 7, 11th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th of September
- October: 3, 6, 9, from the 14th to the 16th, 25th and 28th of October.
- November: From the 1st to the 4th, 6th, 10th, 14th, 17th, 22nd, 25th, 26th and 30th of November.
- December: 3, 11, 12, from the 15th to the 17th, 20th, 23rd, 24th and 30th of December.
If you want to congratulate a loved one with the name Ivan, you can easily find a reason for this, since there are at least five such dates for each month.
In ordinary life, we often meet people whose name is absolutely different. For example, Vanya or Ivan. In the church form, it is used as John.
Origins of origin are rooted in Jewish culture. The literal translation sounds like "God took pity."
The name never had great popularity, despite the fact that they were often called kings. Most likely, this is caused by a special characteristic imposed on him by folk art.
Very often the name was used as a generalizing collective image of the people. The main character in fairy tales was often Ivan.
Interestingly, during the Second World War, the Germans of all Russians called this name.
However, the names of Ivan's folklore have nothing to do with it.
In tsarist Russia, fugitive peasants hid their origins, and if they were caught, they were asked when they were named that they were called Vanya, and they had forgotten their last name. In the documents and recorded.
With the advent of Christianity enters the norm to give the child a name according to the Orthodox calendar. So it received a fairly large spread and gained particular popularity. Ivan celebrates the Orthodox calendar several times a month.
People tend to constantly analyze and derive common formulas. This rule also applies to names. It is believed that each has its own aura, strength, which in one way or another affects the personality, giving it certain character traits.
If the birth of a child fell on the name of Ivan on the church calendar, before you call the baby so, read the general description of the people who wear it. Find out what is inherent in them, what traits of character.
Ivan is a rather controversial person since childhood. On the one hand, he is immersed in his own world, thoughtful, on the other - he likes to learn new things, meet people.
In studies, such people often face problems. Outside observers may have the opinion that a person is not interested, distracted. This is because Ivan often goes into his thoughts. At the same time, they have sufficiently developed mental abilities and excellent observation.
A bright feature of people named Ivan is optimism. They can achieve great success in any business, only if it really inspires them. Quite often, having achieved the goal, they lose interest in it.
Understand the intricacies of Ivan's spiritual device is quite difficult, it is too multifaceted and versatile personality. They can be kind and open, while in the depths of the soul they conceal their own motives. Not without tricks.
From the minuses can be identified unstable mood, which is manifested by sharp flashes of anger and aggression. Such moments pass quickly enough and cause sadness and regret for one’s own behavior in a person.
By choosing Ivan as a friend, you can be sure that he will not fail. Always support in a difficult situation. And if you entrust Vanya some secret, he will surely keep everything secret.
The opinion of those around him cares little if it does not concern his personality. Ready to listen to the advice, but this does not mean that he will stick to them.
In love, as in another case, shows perseverance and perseverance. If the object of his attention does not reciprocate, Ivan will not give up just like that. He will slowly, unobtrusively approach the goal. But as mentioned above, reaching it can lose interest.
So when is the birthday of the name Ivan celebrated? There are several dates in the church calendar.
When to congratulate
Name days - this is the day when they remember the holy. Some names in the calendar appear only once. Therefore, questions about the date of the celebration does not arise. Harder with names that appear twice or thrice. But Ivan's birthday is one of the most frequent in Orthodoxy, there are more than one hundred of them.
In this case, it is enough to choose the date closest to the birthday.
In order to show a person his special, warm and attentive attitude, one can congratulate him not only on his birthday, but also on his birthday. It is always very nice. It is not necessary to make from this a whole celebration, sometimes a small message, a few kind words.
Apostle and Evangelist
One of the disciples of Christ, who is mentioned in the New Testament, is John the Theologian. He preached all his life. The number of his followers is constantly increasing. A significant role in this was played by miracles, which the apostle repeatedly demonstrated to the pagans.
During the struggle against Christianity, he was sentenced to death. However, neither poison nor hot oil could not kill him. Therefore, the apostle was simply left in prison, where he lived for many years.
Named Ivan theologian celebrate July 13, July 3, May 21, October 9.
Characteristic name of John
The character of John can be called difficult, because they are born revolutionaries who combine tremendous strength of will, energy and authority with kindness, hard work and friendliness. In childhood this is a little talkative, very serious girl. It is difficult to educate her, because few parents can cope with the fact that she very easily loses her temper, becomes stubborn and even aggressive. Young John does not tolerate interventions in his affairs at all, it is not easy to manage, so the transitional age is very difficult for her. The adult owner of this name better manages his feelings, knows how to control himself, but he is notable for straightforwardness, some cockiness, tension. It is important for John to devote himself to some work, to give him all his strength, otherwise the unspent energy will crush her and go out at the most unnecessary time for this. Surprisingly, such a grumpy and domineering outwardly woman, like John, with loved ones just transforms, becomes kind, faithful, loves to make gifts, can make concessions. That is why she keeps friends since childhood, but she rarely gets new ones.
Compatibility with signs of the zodiac
The name of John will suit a girl born under the zodiac sign Leo, that is, from July 23 to August 23. An energetic and purposeful Leo is in many ways similar to the owner of this name, he is able to make her more open to people and communication (which will help her both in her work and in her personal life), but at the same time she will keep her pride, demanding towards people, the desire to dominate to lead others.
The pros and cons of the name of John
What are the pros and cons can be noted in the name of John? Among its positive sides stands out rarity, strong energy and a rich semantic load of this name. On the whole, it is albeit unusual, but quite acceptablely combined with Russian surnames and patronymic names, but the character of the majority of John leaves much to be desired, besides, one of the drawbacks of this name is the fact that it is almost impossible to choose an euphonistic or diminutive (we can advise to call her Jonah, Ionushka).
John’s health is excellent, but this does not mean that she can neglect prevention, because without moderate physical exertion, problems with the spine will begin in middle age, and with irregular nutrition, diseases of the digestive organs can develop.
Love and family relationships
In family relationships, John, as a rule, pacifies his ardent temper, tries to be more patient and calmer. As companions of life, she usually chooses an active person who does not require exemplary housekeeping. John’s soul doesn’t lie in cleaning and washing; it’s more important to her work and hobbies, to which she is very responsible. With the children of the owner of this name, everything turns out well. She skillfully cares for them, but with upbringing she often has problems.
In the history of Orthodoxy, many worthy people are known with the name Ivan. Icons with their image are in each church. Some of the most famous: the apostle John, John the Baptist, John of Kronstadt and others.
We also recommend to read: Angel's Day: who celebrates birthday on November 21
Orthodox name day of November 15 and the day of the angel
Name Day Julia or Julia on the church calendar
Name days of men and women in June, the birthday of the church calendar
Name Day of Elijah on the Orthodox calendar and the Svjatsevy
Angel Day John
The name John is the female form of the name John, used in modern times as Ivan or Jan. Translated from the ancient Jewish John means "God pardoned". This name was borne by many queens of France, where it sounded like Jeanne. In Russian, this name is the closest name is Ivanna, and they were affectionately addressed (Ivanka, Vanya, Iva). But also related names are Yana, and Yanina, and Jane, and Joan.
John's Name Day in the Church Calendar
- May 15 - St. John the Myrrh Movable: a week of St. myrrh-bearing women
- July 10 - John the Myrrh
Horoscope for Today
From infancy, the girl named John has a good character, and therefore is often a favorite with her parents. She always listens to adults and learns with interest. At school, she likes humanities and creative subjects. For example, she would be happy to go to music or drawing. But the exact sciences in most cases, a girl named John are given with difficulty.
It is easy to find a common language with peers, because it is kind to others and is always ready to help. She likes to be in the spotlight, and if she participates in contests, she makes every effort to win. John’s name gives the girl some arrogance, so she wants to be better than anyone, although she doesn’t say that out loud.
In adulthood, a woman named John becomes successful and self-sufficient.
- She prefers to support herself not to depend on other people.
- She has few friends, as she is used to hiding her feelings and goals from everyone.
- It may seem to others that she does not trust them, although this is not always the case. The bearer of the name of John simply feels calmer, not opening to others.
- Only the closest (usually her husband and parents) can know what is really going on in the soul and thoughts of a woman who bears the name of John.
Love and family
If a woman with the name of John as a child had a complete family in which everyone was happy, then she would certainly want to create her own. She is not different in love, so she chooses a partner with her brain, not her heart.
- Man is looking for an accomplished and reliable, whom he can trust.
- She is in no hurry to acquire children, as she herself first wants to settle down in life, achieve what she wants and live for herself.
However, closer to 30, the owner of the name of John decides to give birth to a child, as she begins to feel that something is missing.
Mother it turns out good and fair, which children love. She tries not to forbid them anything, but at the same time she explains what can and cannot be done.
The name John is inherent in girls for whom career is a way of self-expression. They choose not so much monetary work, so much the one that will be to their liking. Most often it is either creative work or related to people. It is these areas that are given to John best of all, since she knows how to create something new and easily finds an approach to any person.
Joanna Pakula (Polish actress in the USA)
- In any profession she tries to achieve heights and recognition.
- For her, victory is most important, but defeat does not accept and is very hard going through.
- From difficult situations he always sees a way out, even when others do not notice him. That is why they often achieve high positions and do an excellent job with responsible work.
- He maintains good relations with colleagues, although it is difficult to call them friendly.
- By idlers negative attitude, as she tries to do the work carefully and never shirk from their duties.
- The bosses can rely on her, as the name of John are responsible and intelligent women.
Meaning of the name John
Grace of the Lord. Yahweh (God) had mercy, had mercy (the gift of God).
January 4 (17), 7 (20), 15 (28), 22, 24, 26, 27, 30, 31 (February 4. 6, 8, 9, 12, 13), February 23, 24, 29 (March 8, 9, 13), March 9 (22), 12 (25), 20, 27, 29.30 (April 2, 9, 11, 12), April 11 (24), 12 (25), 14 (27 ), 18, 19 (May 1, 2), May 7, 8 (20, 21), 19, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29 (June 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 ), June 2 (15), 10 (23), 12 (25), 13 (26), 19, 24, 26, 28, 30 (July 2, 7, 9, 11, 13), July 12 (25) , 18 (31), 21, 30 (August 3, 12), August 4 (17), 9 (22), 18 (31), 29, 30 (September 11, 12), September 2 (15), 7 ( 20), 14 (27), 23, 26 (October 6, 9), October 3 (16), 12 (25), 15 (18), 19, 22, 28 (November 1, 4, 10), November 1 (14), 9 (22), 12 (25), 13 (26), 20, 28 (December 3, 11), December 2 (15), 3 (16), 4 (17), 7 (20), 10 (23), 29 (January 11)
(April 12) - Rev. John of the Ladder (Heb.), Wrote the book “The Ladder”, in which he pointed out thirty virtues leading a person to eternal bliss. (July 7) - The Nativity of John the Forerunner, or the Baptist, who was honored to baptize Jesus and who by his sermons had anticipated Christianity. (October 9) - The Holy Apostle and Evangelist John the Theologian, the disciple of the Savior, according to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, wrote the Holy Gospel, three epistles and the holy book "Apocalypse."
Numerology named John
The number of the name 3 correspond to creative people. They are talented in art, sports, gay and reckless. However, need constant adjustment. Without it, the "triples", as personalities who are fond of, are very busy. If there is a patient mentor and adviser who can be spoken by one of the relatives or just a close person, the “troika” can move mountains and achieve incredible success in life. But in the absence of those, the fate of the "triples" is often unenviable. For all the external invulnerability in the soul of the “troika”, they are quite vulnerable and sensitive to criticism. Difficult in personal life.
Hidden Spirit Number: 9
Element: Earth-water, cold-dryness.
Zodiac: Capricorn, Aquarius.
Color: Black, olive gray, lead, dark.
Mineral: Onyx, chalcedony, magnetite, obsidian.
Plants: Caraway, root, hellebore, cypress, mandrake, pine, ivy, wrestler, belladonna, blackthorn, comfrey.
Beasts: Hoopoe, mole, camel, donkey, turtle, ants.
Full church form
Ivan - a word from the Hebrew. by roots, means Iokanaan "the grace of God." Today it does not sound like the source. John is the church form, so was one of the evangelists who were among the beloved disciples of the Lord. Of the 12 apostles is one of the central places. It is considered the forerunner, forerunner of Jesus Christ.
There are a lot of modern synonyms:
- Jean (France).
- Ivan (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus).
- John (England).
Characteristics of a man named Ivan
The owner has a wide soul, cheerful nature. Not stupid, kind, sociable. Openness, excessive gullibility are peculiar to him. Could be stubborn if blood interests are hurt. Good family man. Loving, very beloved dad. Never stint. Treasures marriage, but not averse to sometimes turn aside.
It is believed that such a man is difficult to see through. Not predictable. It can get along with several opposite qualities. Always around friends. If you are engaged in business, then not just one. Work fits any, if only it was to their liking.
He does not forgive jokes about himself, can cross out many years of intercourse with the unsuccessful wit of the interlocutor Wife carefully picks up. He is not jealous and trusts his wife, although he considers himself free in many ways. Children usually have more than one.
Born in Antioch in the 4th century. Early orphaned, brought up only a young mother. С юных лет изучал Священное Писание. После смерти матери принял иночество. Стал писать. Ему принадлежит множество письменных трудов. Жил в пещере, безмолвствовал 2 года. По возвращении был рукоположен в сан диакона. Продолжал работу над богословскими книгами. Став пресвитером, проявил гениальные ораторские способности, за что прозвали Златоустом.
В столице, как патриарх совершенствовал духовно священство. Received money gave to hospitals, the support of pilgrims.
Defending the offended, fell into disgrace of the empress. They insulted him for insulting, wanted to execute him, but expelled him from the country. At this moment, the only heir to the throne dies, and an earthquake happens in the city. John Chrysostom return back. After a couple of months, they are again driving out of the country The patient, insulting, humiliating, is sent to Abkhazia, where he gets 3 months. In Comans 14.09. he passed away. Before dying, he said: "Thank God for everything!" He was buried there.
After 31 years, the relics were transferred to the capital. During the ceremony, people shouted: “Accept your throne, Father!”. Imperishable lips from the tomb replied: "Peace to all!". In 1204, they were sent to Rome, and in 2004 they were returned to Istanbul, where they are still in the Cathedral of St. George in Phanar to this day.
After a year
- Young man
- The man
Parents who give this name must understand all its depth, philosophy and historical loop. So called kings, various confessors, cultural and scientific figures. The boy since childhood becomes very serious, thoughtful and secretive.
He lives in his world, which is difficult to understand for adults and peers. Little John certainly has some useful talent - parents need to carefully monitor their child to reveal all the best features.
In studies, he usually manages to be an order of magnitude better than his peers, but is not necessarily a round excellent pupil. He likes almost all subjects and books, so the child grows comprehensively developed person.
In his youth, John also needs to pay a lot of attention. Parents must constantly return the guy to reality, so that he finds friends and learns to interact with different people. The more a teenager is in his own world, the less he needs in society and new acquaintances.
This is a dangerous path, because of which the guy can become a real hermit. He does not react to the norms of society, although he lives in harmony with the environment. She is not interested in accepted standards, highly appreciates kindness, help to others. Always ready to devote himself completely to the cause that he considers important.
This is a friendly, generous man, but still his character can not be called simple. In some cases (but not always) the guy is a very controversial person.
The character of an adult John corresponds to the type of activity that he chose. If he is engaged in science, he becomes a calm, quiet, secretive, undemanding person who needs only his space and opportunities for development.
In such a situation, he is completely devoid of ambitions for himself. If he chooses a leadership position, then he becomes authoritarian, tough, but fair. This is mostly a conservative man who finds it difficult to part with illusions about life.
People who will be nearby, always need to be alert. They will have to adapt to mood swings and complete inattention on the part of John. It is quite difficult to solve it, but if it works out, this experience will be invaluable.
Character of john
- Disciplined Persistent Decent Hard Working
- Boneless Closed Cool Boring
John directs all forces to the chosen matter, therefore, sooner or later he brings tangible benefits to society. Never climbs the career ladder at the expense of others, can not tolerate gossip and intrigue.
Reaches maximum professionalism due to the tremendous efficiency and dedication. Highly organized, able to make plans and not retreat a jot from the intended scheme of action.
Rarely has a good sense of humor. According to his reaction, it is difficult to understand what kind of words were found in the soul. It can often put people in an awkward position because it hides its attitude towards them, behaves coldly and detachedly.
Not always ready to cope with serious life difficulties, if the fate of them still throws up. Prone to becoming a slave to addictions, including smoking and drinking alcohol.