Planning a pregnancy is a fairly crucial period, which is far from all thinking about. Moreover, in this period of time, both parents, and not just the mother, should think about the health of the unborn child. After all, it is the man who is responsible for the X chromosome, which determines the sex of the future baby. And his health is as much as 50% dependent on the physical condition of the father.
Most doctors advise starting preparations for conception no less than six months before the expected date. Both spouses will have to normalize their diet, give up bad habits, undergo a full medical examination, be treated. A very important moment at this stage is what vitamins for men to choose when planning a pregnancy so as not to deprive the unborn child of anything valuable for his health.
What are they needed for
Many young parents mistakenly think that men do not have to drink vitamins when planning a pregnancy. After all, the woman will carry the child. In fact, very often the conception does not occur through the fault of men, and the pathologies of the health of the little crumbs are inherited from the father too.
During a medical examination after assessing the physical condition of the future dad, the doctor will determine which vitamins to drink when planning a pregnancy for a man. This is necessary in the following situations:
- with monotonous, unbalanced nutrition, and also if a man for some reason has to go on a diet: in this case his body will clearly lack microelements and vitamins,
- in the presence of problems with potency,
- in diagnosing chronic fatigue syndrome in a man,
- if he smokes or abuses alcohol,
- in the event that a man has weak immunity, and he often has to be ill.
After an examination and medical examination, the doctor determines which vitamins to drink when planning a pregnancy for a man, gives advice on dosage and regimen. In different situations, different vitamin complexes may be required. Each individual vitamin performs a specific function in the process of conceiving a baby.
What to drink vitamins
In some cases, the doctor may prescribe a multivitamin complex for a man as part of pregnancy planning. But he can advise to drink a course of a particular, specific vitamin, the lack of which was revealed in the male body during the survey. In this case, it will need to be purchased at a pharmacy and be sure to include in your diet foods rich in this vitamin.
- is of great importance for the development of a child in the embryo stage,
- affects the formation of lungs, heart, kidneys, bones, eyes, central nervous system, blood circulation, respiration,
- found in large quantities in milk, carrots, liver, nuts, cheese, eggs, red fruits and vegetables.
Vitamins from group B:
- responsible for the formation of the nervous system of the future child,
- saturate the blood with oxygen
- mainly found in foods such as bananas, nuts, eggs, meat, dairy products, liver, beans.
- provides stable genetic information
- helps in the absorption of iron
- strengthens the immune system
- increases stamina
- found in dill, apples, wild garlic, strawberries, strawberries, kiwi, citrus fruits, Brussels sprouts,
- for non-smokers, it is enough to consume 90 mg of ascorbic acid per day, and for those who smoke, the optimal dose is 125 mg.
- has a protective effect on cells
- fights radicals
- found in foods such as meat, liver, eggs, milk, butter and vegetable oil, cereals,
- when planning a pregnancy, men need to consume at least 10 IU of tocopherol per day.
- A very important vitamin for the male body during pregnancy planning,
- it promotes the maturation of strong, healthy sperm,
- facilitates the process of conception,
- found in sardines, trout, salmon, tuna, herring, linseed oil.
- reduces the number of defective sperm cells, which contain the wrong set of chromosomes,
- significantly increases the chances of conceiving a healthy, strong, full-fledged baby,
- contains in such products as dark greens (spinach, lettuce), asparagus, broccoli, citrus fruits, beans, peas, lentils, avocado, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, nuts, beets, celery, carrots, pumpkin.
- guarantees clean skin, healthy hair, strong nails,
- responsible for sperm motility
- contributes to the full formation of the internal organs of the child during pregnancy,
- stimulates the production of such an important hormone as testosterone,
- is found in large quantities in dried watermelon seeds, cocoa powder, chocolate, lamb, lean beef, oysters, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame, calf liver, wheat germ.
- supports male sexual activity even in the older age category
- found in foods such as octopus, liver, egg, corn, rice, beans, barley, lentils, pistachios, wheat, peas, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cabbage.
These are only the most basic vitamins that men need during pregnancy planning. They are prescribed if there is a shortage in the body. If you need a more generalized vitamin therapy, the doctor may advise one of the many vitamin complexes created specifically for such a responsible event.
So, the doctor after the examination will say the name of the vitamins for men when planning pregnancy, which he will have to take for a certain time. The choice of complexes today is quite large. These are Duovit for men, Complivit, Viardo and Viardo Forte, Proffertil, SperAktiv, Selmevit and Selmevit Intensive, Spermastrong, Selzinc plus, Orthomol Fertil Plus. Among this rich assortment, three multivitamin complexes, which are prescribed to men when planning pregnancy in 90% of cases, have especially well recommended themselves.
- contains folic acid,
- improves sperm quality
- increases their number
- ensures that the correct set of chromosomes.
- As part of this rich vitamin complex, there are 13 vitamins and as many as 9 minerals,
- besides them, "Alphabet" contains Siberian ginseng, which is incredibly useful for men's health,
- increases stamina
- promotes potency
- strengthens the immune system.
"Ortomol Fertil Plus"
- another well-proven complex of not only vitamins, but also very useful minerals for men,
- improves the quality of sperm, strengthens sperm, a positive effect on their motility.
There are a number of conclusions about the dangers of detergent cosmetics. Unfortunately, not all newly-made moms listen to them. In 97% of baby shampoos, the dangerous substance Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or its analogues is used. Many articles have been written about the effects of this chemistry on the health of both children and adults. At the request of our readers, we tested the most popular brands. The results were disappointing - the most publicized companies showed the presence of those most dangerous components. In order not to violate the legal rights of manufacturers, we cannot name specific brands.
The company Mulsan Cosmetic, the only one who passed all the tests, successfully received 10 points out of 10 (see). Each product is made from natural ingredients, completely safe and hypoallergenic.
If you doubt the naturalness of your cosmetics, check the expiration date, it should not exceed 10 months. Come carefully to the choice of cosmetics, it is important for you and your child.
Now you know what vitamins for men when planning pregnancy are necessary in order to conceive and later make a healthy baby. No need to think that this important point applies only to women: a lot depends on the health of the father too. And if the young parents set out to conceive and endure strong, child health, dad's vitamin therapy needs to be thought of first.