Candles - Korilip - for the treatment of newborns and older children: instructions for use of the drug
In this article, you can read the instructions for use of the drug. Corilip. Presented reviews of visitors to the site - the consumers of this medicine, as well as the opinions of medical specialists on the use of Corilip in their practice. A big request to add your feedback on the drug more actively: the medicine helped or did not help to get rid of the disease, what complications and side effects were observed, perhaps not stated by the manufacturer in the annotation. Analogs of Corilipa in the presence of available structural analogues. Use for the treatment of immunodeficiency, infections, malnutrition or malnutrition in adults, children (including infants and babies), as well as during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The composition of the drug.
Corilip - the combined drug, whose action is determined by the effects of its vitamins and coenzymes, as well as their synergistic effect.
Cocarboxylase (coenzyme) catalyzes the carboxylation and decarboxylation of alpha-keto acids, is involved in the processes of carbohydrate metabolism. Through participation in the pentose cycle, it indirectly regulates the synthesis of nucleic acids, proteins, and lipids. It contributes to the correction of metabolic acidosis and cell hypoxia, as well as other metabolic disorders (insufficiency of the liver, kidney, cardiovascular system, chronic intoxication).
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) as a coenzyme flavinproteins involved in the regulation of redox reactions (in the processes of carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism). It plays an important role in the synthesis of hemoglobin and in maintaining the normal visual function of the eye, the state of the mucous membranes and skin.
Thioctic acid is involved in the oxidative decarboxylation of pyruvic acid and other alpha keto acids, in the regulation of lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, plays an important role in the process of energy formation in the body. Thioctic acid has a hepatoprotective effect, improves the detoxification function of the liver, protects against exposure to exo- and endotoxins.
Corilip improves tissue metabolism in various physiological and pathological conditions that need to be corrected by cofactors and substrates.
Cocarboxylase hydrochloride + Riboflavin + Thioctic (alpha-lipoic) acid + excipients.
Data on the pharmacokinetics of the drug Korilip not provided.
As a monotherapy or as an addition to the basic therapy in various pathological conditions in children, including:
- chronic tissue hypoxia,
- reduced immunity
- bacterial and viral infections
- chronic somatic diseases
- chronic intoxication,
- conditions after severe illness,
- malnutrition (malnutrition).
Periods of intensive growth and formation of new functions in a child, with intense physical and mental stress, under stressful situations.
As a general tonic for prevention during the epidemic of infectious diseases.
Forms of release
Rectal suppositories (Korilip and Korilip Neo for infants and newborns).
There are no other dosage forms, be it drops, tablets or capsules.
Instructions for use and method of use
The drug is used rectally. Having released from packing, it is necessary to enter a candle into an anus (after preliminary emptying of intestines).
Newborns and infants are prescribed 1/2 suppository per day, children (aged 1 to 6 years) - 1 suppository per day, children aged 6 to 14 years - 1-2 suppositories per day.
Duration of treatment is 10 days. The total duration of treatment is 3-4 courses with an interval of 20 days (3-4 months).
Candles Corilip Neo
The drug is used rectally. Having released from packing, insert a candle into the anus after preliminary emptying of the intestines.
Suppositories prescribed to children under 1 year of 1 suppository per day.
Duration of treatment is 10 days. The total duration of treatment is 3-4 courses with an interval of 20 days (3-4 months).
If adverse reactions occur, the patient should stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
- rectal bleeding,
- inflammation in the rectum,
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
You can use the drug Corilip during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
Use in children
The drug is intended for use in children, including infants and babies. The use is possible according to the dosing regimen indicated above.
Along with the clinical condition, the criteria for the duration of treatment are cytochemical indicators of the activity of peripheral blood leukocyte enzymes (succinate dehydrogenase and glycerophosphate dehydrogenase).
Differences of Korilip from Korilip Neo consist in halving the dosage of active active ingredients in the candles of the drug Korilip Neo, which allows using the last in newborns up to 1 year in a convenient dosage form and not dividing the candles in half.
Negative interaction was not observed. The drug can be used in complex therapy.
Analogs of the drug Korilip
Structural analogues of the active substance:
Analogs on the therapeutic effect (means to eliminate immunodeficiency):
- Shark cartilage,
- Vazoton (L-arginine),
- Immuno Bears,
- Drops Beresh Plus,
- Lysit (L-Lysine),
- Ortho Immun,
- Ribasan Forte,
- Timoptin for injection
- Cerebrum compositum H,
Release form, composition and therapeutic properties of the drug
The drug is sold through a pharmacy network in the form of rectal suppositories, each of which has a quantity of cocarboxylase hydrochloride of 0.025 grams, riboflavin 0.002 grams, and lipoic acid - 0.012 grams. In addition to the main active ingredients, auxiliary substances are included in Korilip.
The yellow candle has a fusiform shape. There are 5 suppositories in the contour packaging (there are two of them in a box). Instructions for use attached.
The components included in the preparation improve the metabolic processes in the human body:
- Cocarboxylase is incorporated into metabolic processes, having an indirect effect on nucleotides, proteins and lipids. This component of Korilip is used in disorders of the liver, kidneys and the sedi-vascular system. Cocarboxylase helps to alleviate the condition of patients with chronic intoxication.
- Riboflavin, also called vitamin B2, is involved in the blood formation processes. It is necessary to maintain visual function and affects the condition of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Lipoic acid is successfully used to normalize the metabolism, regulates lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. With its help it is possible to rid the body of toxins.
Indications for use candles Korilip
The drug is prescribed to children with pathological conditions:
- weakened immunity
- somatic disorders
- chronic intoxication
- during the seasonal increase in the number of cases of infectious diseases,
- during a bacterial or viral disease,
- with high physical and psycho-emotional stress,
- loss of body mass caused by hypotrophy,
- for speedy recovery after a serious illness.
Dosage and method of use for children
Based on the recommendations outlined in the instructions for use, babies up to one year old should not exceed half the suppository per day. Older children are given one candle per day. From the age of six, the dose of Corilipa is increased to 1-2 candles during the day.
The course of taking the drug is 10 days, after 3 weeks it is recommended to resume reception. Persistent noticeable effect in newborns, premature and frequently ill children can be achieved at the end of the third or fourth year.
Contraindications and side effects
Korilip has not many contraindications, he is not prescribed for children under 12 months. Babies fit Corilip-Neo. Absolute contraindications include:
- individual intolerance to the components
- severe inflammatory processes in the rectum,
- bleeding from the anus.
In rare cases, children experience adverse reactions, accompanied by skin rash, itching, bronchospasm or stool disorder. If after the introduction of Corilipa, the child has the above symptoms, stop taking it and seek medical help.
Advice of Dr. Komarovsky on the use of suppositories
No need to feed your child with medicines, spending a lot of money on them, better take care of buying quality clothes, adjust the diet and spend time with benefit, playing with the baby. Children tend to be sick, and there is nothing to worry about, the main thing is to follow the main recommendations.
If the baby's temperature rises above 39 degrees, the effect of the suppositories is minimal. A spasm of intestinal vessels, caused by high temperature, does not allow substances to be absorbed into the blood. For this reason, when you have a cold, it is better to refuse candles, in case of severe illness, injections will help. If the temperature on the thermometer is below 37.5 degrees, then the suppository reception is justified.
If the body temperature is elevated, then the body is fighting the infection, the immune forces will eventually take up over the disease. The child will naturally receive immunity.
Analogs of the drug
Korilip has a number of analogues that can be purchased at the pharmacy. For drugs with a similar effect include:
All of the above medicines can be taken only after the recommendation of the attending physician. All medicines have different methods of administration, as well as indications and contraindications, so each case, especially when it comes to a child, requires an individual approach.
Release form and composition
They produce Corilip-Neo in the form of rectal suppositories: torpedo-shaped, yellow in color, with the possible presence of orange-yellow blotches (5 pieces in a blister strip packaging, in a cardboard bundle 2 packs).
1 suppositories contain:
- active ingredients: Riboflavin - 1 mg, lipoic acid (thioctic acid) - 6 mg, cocarboxylase hydrochloride - 12.5 mg,
- additional component: solid fat (glycerides of fatty acids).
Corilip-Neo is a combined drug that helps to improve tissue metabolism on the background of various physiological and pathological conditions that require correction by cofactors and substrates.
The action of the drug is due to the properties of the active substances included in its composition, as well as their synergistic effect:
- riboflavin (vitamin b2): participates as a coenzyme flavoproteins in coordinating redox reactions, including normalizes the processes of fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism, is necessary for the synthesis of hemoglobin, provides normal visual function of the eye, improves the condition of the skin and mucous membranes,
- thioctic acid: participates in the normalization of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, as well as in the oxidative decarboxylation of α-keto acids and pyruvic acid, plays an important role in the process of energy production in the body, helps to improve liver detoxification function, has a hepatoprotective effect, protects against the damaging effects of exo-and endotoxins,
- cocarboxylase (coenzyme): accelerates the carboxylation and decarboxylation of α-keto acids, is necessary for carbohydrate metabolism, by participating in the pentose cycle, indirectly controls the synthesis of proteins, nucleic acids and lipids, assists in correcting cellular hypoxia, metabolic acidosis and other metabolic disorders (chronic intoxication, insufficiency of the cardiovascular system, kidneys, liver).
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Korilip-Neo is recommended for use in children for the purposes of prophylaxis and as part of a combination treatment for various pathological conditions, including such as:
- chronic tissue hypoxia,
- viral and bacterial infections (including acute intestinal infections),
- reduced immunity
- chronic intoxication,
- malnutrition (malnutrition),
- chronic somatic diseases.
Instructions for use Corilip-Neo: method and dosage
Korilip-Neo is used rectally, the drug should be injected into the anus after preliminary emptying of the intestines.
Children under one year old are prescribed 1 suppository per day. The course is 10 days. The total duration of therapy may be 3-4 courses with intervals of 20 days (3-4 months).
Reviews of Corilip-Neo
Reviews of Corilip-Neo mostly positive. Parents who have treated their children with this drug, in most cases, speak of it as an effective means of strengthening the immune system and increasing the body's resistance to infections, including during the period before vaccinations. After a course of treatment with a metabolic agent, according to reviews, the appetite of the children increases, they gain weight and grow better.
The disadvantages of the drug include the presence of contraindications and the appearance of a burning sensation with the introduction of suppositories, which in some cases entails the rejection of the use of Corilip-Neo and the transition to alternative therapy. The most frequent possible side effects of the drug, according to doctors and parents of young patients, are urticaria and rash.
Corilip: components and their action
Corilip is a complex drug that contains the following active ingredients:
- Cocarboxylase Hydrochloride - participates in the formation of acids that regulate metabolic processes in the body.
- Riboflavin - normalizes redox reactions, stimulates the production of hemoglobin, activates all types of metabolism. It has a good effect on vision, as well as the condition of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Lipoic acid - improves carbohydrate metabolism, resulting in increased energy potential of the body. Favorably affects the functioning of the liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract as a whole, contributes to the removal of toxins.
The joint work of all these elements provides the immunostimulating and tonic effects of the agent.
Solid fat is used as an auxiliary (formative) component of the drug.
In which cases appoint candles Korilip
The instructions for the drug lists the following indications for its use:
- viral or bacterial diseases,
The medicine will help children with low immunity.
- hypoxia (lack of oxygen in the tissues),
- reduced immunity
- intoxication of various origin,
- somatic (bodily) pathologies,
- recovery period after suffering severe illnesses
Means also used as an effective prevention of colds during seasonal epidemics. One of the indications is the admission of a child to a preschool institution (to protect against viral and bacterial infections).
The drug will help your child not to get sick in kindergarten and school.
About manufacturers, forms of release and prices
The manufacturer of the product is the Russian pharmaceutical company Altfarm LLC. The drug is produced in the form of torpedo-shaped yellow suppositories with no pronounced odor, intended for insertion into the anus.
Suppositories are packaged in cellular packages of 5 pieces. Each box contains 2 such blisters (that is, only 10 candles) - this amount of medicine is usually enough for one course. The average price is 280 rubles.
For children under one year, the drug Corilip-Neo is available. These rectal suppositories are smaller in size, and the content of active substances is halved. The drug costs an average of 240 rubles.
Korilip-Neo - candles for newborns.
How to use
The dosage of the drug is determined by the doctor, the age daily allowance is as follows:
- babies under one year old are half a candle
- preschool children from one year to six years old - 1 suppository,
- Children 6-14 years old - 1-2 candles.
The preparation Corilip-Neo carries out the treatment of children (up to the age of one), its dosage is 1 suppository per day.
Before the introduction of the candle you need to go to the pot.
Before you insert a candle into the anus, you need to empty the intestines.
The drug is often prescribed as part of complex therapy, since it does not have a negative effect on the background of taking other medicines.
Important: You can buy suppositories without a prescription. In general, it is a safe and effective drug, but you can’t take Corilip on your own.The remedy has contraindications, undesirable effects are possible. The instruction point “special instructions” stipulates that with prolonged treatment it is necessary to monitor the cytochemical parameters of the blood. That is, in this case, therapy is carried out only as prescribed and under the supervision of a physician.
What to replace
In pharmacies, you can buy medicines that have the same effect as Corilipa.
- Elkar Solution for oral administration (through the mouth) on the basis of carnifit. It has a tonic effect, improves metabolism in tissues, increases the energy status of the body. It has a wide range of indications, including stress, mental and physical overload, recovery period after operations and serious diseases, birth trauma and asphyxia, skin diseases, hyperthyroidism (mild), chronic gastritis, brain damage, prematurity, lack of weight / height in children and some others. The average price of a bottle (25 ml) is 300 rubles.
Elkar is an analogue of Korilip.
- Glutoxim. Solution for injection with the active substance disodium glutamine-cystinyl-glycine. it powerful immunomodulator has a positive effect on liver function, normalizes blood circulation and helps to remove toxins from the body more quickly. It costs an average of 1,100 rubles (pack of 5 ampoules).
- Viferon. Rectal suppositories with the main component of human recombinant interferon. Means increases the body's resistance to viral attacks, increases antibody production. The average price is 345 rubles (pack of 10 pieces).
Analogue of Korilip - candles Viferon.
- Kipferon. Suppositories for rectal use based on normal human immunoglobulin. Medicine has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects. It costs about 800 rubles (pack of 10 suppositories).
Before independently replacing Corilip with an analogue, be sure to consult with your pediatrician. Each tool has its own characteristics of use, indications and contraindications.
Parental opinion and reviews of doctors
Reviews of doctors and parents who treated their children with this medicine will help form a more complete picture of its effectiveness.
Anna K., mother of 4-year-old Alena:
“Candles Corilip was assigned to us by a pediatrician before entering a kindergarten. Allergies from Alena on suppositories did not arise, although in the instructions the manufacturer warns about this possibility. The effect surpassed my expectations: the daughter, unlike many other children from the group, never got sick from September to the New Year. An extra bonus for me was a very convenient package. Candles are easily separated from each other and do not melt or break when removed, as is often the case with suppositories. ”
The medicine quickly helps often sick children.
Evgenia K., mother of one year old Arseny:
“Korilip Neo was prescribed to us by a pediatrician during teething. Then we had a flu epidemic in the area. I got sick and was very afraid to infect a baby who was then only 9 months old. But the son survived. I think these suppositories have so strengthened his immunity. ”
Pavel Samorodov, a children's immunologist with 8 years of experience:
“I assign Candles Korilip to children weakened by frequent diseases, lagging behind, poorly tolerated by vaccinations, admitted to kindergarten and injured during childbirth from hypoxia. I observe pronounced strengthening and immunomodulatory effects. Sometimes patients have side effects - usually it is a rash and hives. Some children complain of a burning sensation when the candle is injected. In these cases, of course, it is necessary to select alternative therapy. In general, the impressions of the drug are positive. Corilip is a good support for a child’s body. ”
Korilip - fortifying drug from the group of immunomodulators. Parents whose children took the medication course, note that it significantly increases children's immunity.
- convenient form of release (as opposed to bitter pills that have a negative effect on the gastric mucosa, or injections that bring pain to young patients),
- affordable cost.
By cons of the drug include:
- the possibility of developing an allergy to its ingredients,
- the presence of contraindications.
Rectal candles "Korilip Neo": composition and principle of operation
Corilip Neo is a drug consisting of three active substances:
- cocarboxylase is responsible for the regulation of metabolic processes inside the body, increases the production of vital acids,
- Riboflavin promotes hemoglobin production, maintains visual acuity, has a beneficial effect on mucous membranes, improves skin condition,
- thioctic acid increases the energy balance, cleanses the body of toxins, helps the liver and kidneys, regulates the digestive system.
Solid organic fat and hypoallergenic cocoa butter are used as the basis and binder. The drug has the form of suppositories, which, according to pediatricians, makes it the most effective, convenient compared to tablets and painless in comparison with injections.
The box of Korilip contains 2 blisters of 5 candles each. They have a neutral beige color and a characteristic torpedo shape. A variation of the drug Korilip Neo has the same number of suppositories in the package, but the concentration of the active substance is two times lower, which makes them suitable for use in newborn patients.
Method of application and duration of treatment
The amount and duration of Corilip use is determined by the doctor taking into account many factors: age, weight of the patient, results of his analyzes. Daily rate is as follows:
- 0.5 year old candles are shown for babies,
- children from one year to 6 years old - 1 candle,
- From 6 years old - 1-2 candles per day.
It is advisable to empty the intestines before inserting the candle into the baby. Next, carry out hygiene and wash hands. Then lay the baby on its side, push the buttocks apart with one hand, and gently insert the drug into the back opening with the other. After the procedure, ask the child to lie down a bit so that the product has the full effect.
The course of treatment lasts an average of 10 days, after which it is necessary to take a pause of 2-3 weeks. Then the course is repeated, the number of courses is determined by the doctor. Usually they take from 3 to 4 months.
From the instructions you can see that long-term use of the drug involves monitoring certain blood parameters. From this it follows that treatment should be carried out under the guidance of a specialist.
Komarovsky on strengthening immunity
The topic of strengthening immunity is one of the favorites of the famous pediatrician and TV host Yevgeny Olegovich Komarovsky. It seems that he can talk about it endlessly. We will try to summarize his conclusions and combine them into several main points:
- Immunity is divided into congenital and acquired, or nonspecific and specific. Congenital is given to man as a universal means of combating hostile microorganisms, but the mechanism of its action is not ideal, therefore, the child often exhibits corresponding symptoms. After some time after birth, when the baby begins to suffer from a variety of infectious diseases, the body produces antibodies that are resistant to a specific pathogen. These antibodies persist in a person for life - the formation of acquired immunity occurs - and protect it from the relapse of the disease.
- Any child is born with innate immunity and has a set of antibodies that protect it during the first months of life. These antibodies, which the baby received through the placenta from the mother, disappear with time.
- Thanks to the antibodies received from the mother, children rarely get sick during the first year of life. This is also due to the fact that at the beginning of life, the child has little contact with strangers - carriers of the infection.
- The peak of the formation of acquired immunity comes at the time when a child starts kindergarten. At this moment, a huge number of pathogenic microorganisms, mainly of a viral nature, fall on him. Children who begin to attend pre-school are sick most often.
- The sterile conditions in the first years of life, with which too caring mothers surround their children, are not good, but harm, because the parents deprive the child of the possibility of forming natural protection. Early acquaintance with infections and the development of proper immunity significantly reduce the further risk of developing allergies and autoimmune diseases.
- Real immunodeficiency states among children are rare and are caused by infections of a bacterial or fungal nature, and not viral, as is commonly believed.
- Most of the drugs on the pharmaceutical market, which act as immunomodulators, immunostimulants, and antiviral agents, are nothing more than a placebo, or a pacifier. They do not possess the miraculous properties stated in the instructions for use and are successfully sold only through active advertising. In developed countries, where pharmaceuticals are under strict state control, such drugs are often not allowed to be sold to the public at all.
Candles Corilip celebrate tonic effect. Such a drug has a positive effect on metabolic processes in tissues, and its components enhance the effects of each other:
- Cocarboxylase is a coenzyme involved in the conversion of keto acids, carbohydrate metabolism, the synthesis of protein molecules, fats and nucleic acids. Such a compound is noted for its ability to activate metabolism in tissues, eliminate cellular hypoxia and metabolic acidosis. Cocarboxylase is useful in diseases of the heart, kidneys, or liver.
- Riboflavin, which is also called vitamin B2, also plays the role of a coenzyme in redox reactions. Such a useful substance is involved in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids. In addition, this vitamin is important for maintaining the condition of the mucous membranes and skin, visual function and the formation of hemoglobin.
- Lipoic acid is necessary for oxidative reactions and the exchange of keto acids, as well as for the regulation of metabolic transformations of carbohydrates and fats. Such a connection is also important for the formation of energy and improves liver function. This acid protects liver cells from both external toxic effects and toxins formed inside the body.
Corilip is claimed in different pathologies:
- In case of hypotrophy (if the child does not receive enough nutrients from food or does not gain weight well).
- In chronic pathologies of internal organs.
- With viral infections.
- With reduced immunity.
- With chronic tissue hypoxia.
- When acetone.
- With infections caused by bacteria.
- In the period of recovery after a serious illness.
- With chronic intoxication.
In addition, candles are recommended for the prevention of health disorders, for example:
- During active growth.
- With high mental stress.
- With vaccination.
- With strong physical exertion.
- In a period of stressful situations.
- During epidemics of ARVI.
Composition, physico-chemical properties, price
The drug is available in the form of rectal suppositories torpedo-shaped, odorless, color - yellow. There are orange-yellow blotches.
1 suppository contains (Korilip / Korilip-Neo):
- 25 / 12.5 mg cocarboxylase hydrochloride,
- 2/1 mg riboflavin,
- 12/6 mg of thioctic (α-lipoic) acid.
Auxiliary components: solid fat or cocoa butter (
Suppositories are placed in cell blister contour of polyvinyl chloride film of 5 pieces, in carton packs of 2 packs each.
Price: № 10: 210-270 rubles.
Restorative effect of the drug is determined by the effects of active substances and their combined action. Cocarboxylase hydrochloride is a coenzyme that:
- catalyzes the carboxylation and decarboxylation of α-keto acids,
- takes part in carbohydrate metabolism,
- promotes the formation of nucleic acids, proteins, fats, because takes part in the pentose cycle,
- accelerates tissue metabolism.
Lipoic acid is involved in the oxidative decarboxylation of pyruvic acid and α-keto acids. It is a regulator of fat and carbohydrate metabolism, is directly involved in the process of energy formation. It has a hepatoprotective effect: it protects the tissues of the organ from exposure to exo- and endotoxins and improves the detoxification function.
Riboflavin is also a coenzyme involved in various metabolic processes and redox reactions. It plays an important role in the formation of hemoglobin, maintaining visual function. Normalizes the condition of the mucous membranes and dermis.
The duration of treatment is determined both by the clinical state (dynamics) and by the cytochemical indicators of the activity of leukocyte enzymes (succinate dehydrogenase and glycerophosphate dehydrogenase) in peripheral blood.
Suppositories are used rectally: free from packaging and gently injected into the anus after defecation.
- Newborns and children up to 12 months.: 1/2 suppositories per day.
- Children 1-6 years: 1 supp. per day.
- Children 6-14 years: 1-2 supp. per day.
- Adults: 1 supp. 2 times a day.
- Children up to 12 months: 1 supp. per day.
The course duration is 10 days, the total duration of therapy: 3-4 courses with an interval of 20 days.
Interaction with other drugs
Corilip is often prescribed in complex therapy and is well combined with other drugs, including a similar effect (no negative interactions have been noted).
Most patients report a positive effect after a course of therapy, especially in combination with B vitamins.
Many women combine Corilip therapy with anti-aging procedures and masks and note that the skin becomes smoother, cleaner and healthier.
There are no preparations with a similar composition, but there are dosage forms containing one of the active components: Cocarboxylase, Lipoic acid, Berlition, Neurolipon, Thiogamma.
There are a lot of analogues on the therapeutic effect; the most popular ones are Actovegin, Groprinosin, Immunomax, Polyoxidonium, Cycloferon, Cerebrum Compositum, Elkar.