The benefits of tomatoes: the benefits and harm of tomatoes to the human body
Since childhood, we are taught to give preference to fruits and vegetables, as they contain a huge amount of the nutrients necessary for growth. Vitamins, minerals and many elements in the composition contribute to the normalization of all systems of the human body. A lot of nutrients found in tomatoes. The chemical composition of the red vegetable is represented by a huge number of different elements, starting with proteins, fats and carbohydrates and ending with acids, vitamins and minerals. More information about what is contained in the aromatic tomatoes, having a sweet-sour taste, how they are useful and whether they can cause harm, we will tell in this article.
In 100 g of tomato about 92 g is water. Also, the chemical composition of fresh tomatoes is represented by such substances:
- From 0.5 to 1.1 g of proteins, among which are essential and non-essential amino acids.
- From 0.1 to 0.3 g of pectic substances.
- About 0.2 g of fat. Tomato seeds contain 17-29 g of oil.
- From 0.1 to 0.2 g of hemicellulose.
- From 0.5 to 0.9 g of fiber.
- 5 g of carbohydrates, including mono- and disaccharides.
- From 0.2 to 0.9 g of organic acids, including citric, oxalic, malic, tartaric and succinic.
Vitamins contained in tomatoes
The chemical composition of a tomato is secreted by a large amount of vitamins, each of which is necessary for the body for the stable operation of a particular system. Most of it is ascorbic acid. Vitamin C has a beneficial effect on connective and bone tissue, is an excellent antioxidant and is involved in metabolic processes. A bit less choline. This is vitamin B4, known to mankind in the role of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, into which it is synthesized, entering the body. This substance, in turn, has a positive effect on the nervous system, and also participates in the carbohydrate metabolism. Acetylcholine neurotransmitter regulates the level of insulin in the body and has a beneficial effect on the liver, helping its cells to launch regeneration processes. Finally, vitamin B4 protects the myocardium from damage.
A lot of the chemical composition of tomatoes and niacin. Better known by the people as vitamin B3, it takes part in carrying out carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism in cells. Niacin is important for tissue respiration, and is also valued as a regulator of redox processes. He is directly involved in the digestive system, helping to break down food, synthesizes sex hormones and even contributes to the suppression of the growth of a malignant neoplasm.
Tocopherol has a beneficial effect on the circulatory system, promotes tissue regeneration and is an excellent antioxidant. In general, it is a vitamin of beauty, as it positively affects the condition of the skin, preventing the appearance of senile pigmentation and participating in the formation of collagen and elastic fibers. Also, vitamin E is useful in pregnancy because it contributes to the development of the placenta. And pyridoxine is one of the main substances involved in metabolism. Vitamin B6 has a positive effect on the central and peripheral nervous system, and also prevents the development of cancer.
Thiamine regulates the transmission of nerve impulses and maintains water-salt balance. In addition, vitamin B1 is involved in the blood and digestion. Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, is needed for the formation of red blood cells and the normal function of the thyroid gland, and beta-carotene is the strongest antioxidant that positively affects the quality of hair and skin.
Folic acid in the chemical composition of tomatoes is necessary for normal cell division, the development of all organs and tissues. Vitamin K1 helps to eliminate toxins and other harmful substances from the body, increasing life expectancy, and biotin plays a crucial role in the conduct of metabolic processes, is involved in the biosynthesis of hormones and is necessary for the synthesis of beneficial intestinal microflora.
Macronutrients that tomatoes are rich in
Macronutrients - another important part of the chemical composition of a tomato. The nutritional value of the product is determined, including such important substances:
- Sodium is a catalyst for chemical processes, maintains water and alkaline balance in the body.
- Potassium - maintains acid-base balance.
- Silicon - is involved in the formation of epithelial and connective tissues.
- Chlorine is necessary for the formation of gastric juice.
- Sulfur - is involved in the formation of protein, is a component of amino acids.
- Phosphorus - is part of the bones and tooth enamel.
- Calcium is a building material for the teeth and skeleton, is involved in the processes of blood clotting and hormone secretion.
- Magnesium - regulates the transmission of nerve impulses, is important for the stable operation of the musculoskeletal system.
Trace elements in the composition of the tomato
Speaking about the energy value and chemical composition of tomatoes, it is impossible not to mention trace elements. Among them:
- Selenium - is involved in redox processes and is an integral element of more than 30 vital biologically active compounds of the body.
- Iodine - is part of the thyroid hormones.
- Vanadium - is involved in the process of blood formation and respiration, it is important for the formation of teeth and bones.
- Nickel - is involved in enzymatic processes.
- Iron is important for breathing.
- Molybdenum - an important component of tissue respiration, supports the immune system.
- Chromium - takes part in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids.
- Cobalt - is involved in the blood, helps the liver and nervous system.
- Fluoride - found in bones and tooth enamel.
- Manganese - supports the work of the sex glands and the blood formation process.
- Beryllium is important for the conduct of metabolic processes.
- Aluminum - provides the establishment of bonds with nitrogen and oxygen, is actively involved in the processes of regeneration.
- Lithium has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and neurochemical processes in the brain.
- Boron - found in human blood, as well as in bone and muscle tissue.
- Barium - regulates smooth muscle contractions.
- Copper - is involved in protein metabolism.
- Zinc - is involved in the synthesis of hormones, is necessary for the male reproductive and reproductive system.
- Rubidium - stimulates the nervous and cardiovascular system.
- Germanium - delivers oxygen to tissues, protects the body from foreign substances, has a beneficial effect on the digestive system and inhibits the development of malignant tumors.
Essential Amino Acids
The chemical composition of tomatoes is also represented by amino acids. Practically all of them (replaceable and irreplaceable) are part of proteins, participate in their formation, as well as in various biochemical processes. Indispensable include:
Useful properties of tomatoes for humans
If we study the chemical composition of tomatoes, the nutritional value of the vegetable for the body becomes fully understood. Regular (but in moderation!) Eating tomatoes has an immunostimulating, tonic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and diuretic effect on the body. Vegetable helps to reduce nervous excitability, serves as a stimulator of brain activity, has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidneys. Supports the cardiovascular system, monitors the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood. In general, not a vegetable, but a real storehouse of nutrients.
Can a tomato hurt?
Yes, if you eat vegetables in large quantities. Do not overeat tomatoes, in this case, you can not only not wait for positive results, but also cause a negative effect. It is expressed by an increase in the likelihood of spasms of the gallbladder and even the formation of kidney stones. Also, with extreme caution it is necessary to use tomatoes for people who have a tendency to allergic reactions and are suffering from cholelithiasis.
Other important information
Nice to know that in 100 g of tomatoes only 18-20 kcal. Therefore, they are popular in the diet. Especially cute cherry tomatoes. The chemical composition of "kids" is represented by the same nutrients as in the case of large varieties. They prepare various salads and vegetable sauces, which are tasty and useful for both the body and the body. However, in order to preserve the nutrients, it is not recommended to heat-treat the tomatoes. It is better to eat them fresh.
Particular attention should be paid to the selection of tomatoes. Since in most cases they are treated with chemicals, it is better not to buy tomatoes from strangers. It is advisable to find a bona fide seller whose vegetables do not make you doubt quality.
Today you can find interesting collectible varieties. Of course, many gardeners are wondering whether to buy them? Of course, the chemical composition of the collection samples of tomatoes was studied, and the results are more than pleasant - they have the same (if not better) properties and qualities as ordinary varieties. Moreover, they can boast the best resistance to disease and temperature. So collectible varieties deserve no less attention.
The benefits and harm to the human body
Despite its "wateriness" and "vagueness", tomatoes are good for the body:
- One of their main properties is the ability to stimulate digestive processes. It’s not for nothing that tomatoes are often consumed along with meat products: grilled vegetables, in the form of juice or slicing speed up protein digestion, prevent the feeling of heaviness in the stomach,
- The optimal ratio of mineral substances in the composition allows us to talk about the enormous benefits of tomatoes for the cardiovascular system. In the case of the systematic presence of these vegetables in the diet improves the elasticity of the vascular walls, stimulates the heart muscle,
- Tomatoes are able to thin the blood, eliminate cholesterol plaques from the walls of the circulatory system, prevent the development of varicose veins, atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis. Under the influence of the valuable ingredients contained in the vegetable, the composition of the blood and its oxygen saturation improve. Iron in the composition of tomatoes provokes hematopoietic function,
- Useful for vegetables and hypertensives. The diuretic effect caused by it allows to lower arterial pressure, puffiness, to remove excess liquid,
- Fruits in one bright color are capable of elevating mood, and the addition in the form of B vitamins eases apathetic and depressive states, anxiety, fatigue, normalizes sleep,
- A large percentage of ascorbic acid helps counteract infectious diseases, strengthen immune forces. This also contributes to the content of the pigment lycopene,
- Antioxidants (primarily lycopene) have a rejuvenating effect on the body, heal cells, and are an excellent preventive measure for cancer. An important nuance: in order for lycopene to be maximally absorbed by the body and show its antioxidant qualities, tomatoes should be consumed in a thermally processed form and as part of dishes with a sufficient amount of fat,
- Tomatoes are able to clear the respiratory tract from mucus, infections, and toxic substances. Perhaps the use of tomatoes for the treatment of the liver,
- Sodium in a vegetable can split sand and kidney stones, normalize the salt balance, prevent the development of certain diseases of the genitourinary system,
- Low glycemic index and caloric index make it possible to attribute the vegetable to the list of those allowed for diabetes: tomatoes do not cause a jump in blood sugar levels,
- Of interest are these vegetables for those who want to lose weight on tomatoes: low energy value allows you to eat tomatoes in almost any quantity of diet. Tomatoes are useful for losing weight and its mineral composition, because the lack of many valuable substances in a strict diet adversely affects health. By the way, it is impossible to recover from tomatoes if you use them fresh. Drinking tomatoes, among other things, helps to avoid constipation.
You will learn more about the benefits of tomatoes from the video:
Huge benefits for the body brings and beets. The content of a large part of the periodic table and many vitamins indicates the enormous benefits of vegetables for humans. You will learn all the information about the root vegetable from this article ...
Benefits for men
Vegetables are also useful for men's health, because help normalize sexual function. Regular consumption of tomatoes stimulates blood flow to the groin, which is important for the prevention of prostate adenoma and other serious diseases.
Smokers (most of whom are usually men) can safely use tomatoes as often as possible. They reduce nicotine addiction - an important property for those who want to quit an addiction.
Useful properties for women
Tomatoes have a beneficial effect on the female body. The high content of iron, potassium and other elements allows you to recover faster during menstruation and menopause. Tomatoes relieve associated pain: headache, lumbar, lower abdomen.
Tomatoes play a special role for pregnant women. Tomatoes can be eaten during pregnancy only in the absence of allergies and in moderation. The presence of folic acid in the composition of the fetus has a good effect on the development of the fetus in the early stages. Especially pregnant women for salted tomatoes, but are they helpful? Do not abuse this product: high salt content will lead to fluid retention in the body and, as a consequence, to the appearance of edema.
Fresh tomatoes, by contrast, have a diuretic and anti-edematous effect, which is important in the second half of gestation.
In some cases, tomatoes are contraindicated:
- An important contraindication in the use of tomatoes - the presence of individual intolerance and allergies, because this vegetable is a strong allergen. Therefore, the use of tomatoes should be limited during breastfeeding and in children up to 2-3 years old,
- Tomatoes with pancreatitis are prohibited only in the acute period of the disease. If earlier doctors strictly forbade the subsequent use of vegetables, now this approach has been revised, and you can eat tomatoes in small quantities,
- It is also forbidden to tomatoes for stomach ulcers, because severely irritate the damaged mucosa. The use of tomatoes for gastritis with high acidity is limited - the maximum daily rate of a vegetable is 100 g, it is better to eat it with other vegetables. For other types of gastritis, tomatoes are allowed,
- When gout tomatoes should be eaten in limited quantities and not in the acute stage of the disease.
Perhaps it is almost impossible to abuse tomatoes - they are recommended for holding fasting days, when they can be consumed up to 1.5 kg per day. How many tomatoes can I eat per day? Almost unlimited.
Is it possible to describe all the uses of tomatoes? It is unlikely, because the use of tomatoes in cooking is unlimited:
- They are used in soups, salads, snacks, gas stations, side dishes,
- Tomatoes stew, boil, fry, bake,
- They are made into tomato paste, juice, sauces, used for marinating meat,
- Cherry tomatoes are used even in desserts, due to their sweet taste and small size,
- Tomatoes are combined with any product: with fish, vegetables, meat, mushrooms, white and red beans, pasta,
- Grilled tomatoes are good with meat (they make it juicier), other vegetables (they do not allow the potatoes to “dry”)
- Winter preparations from tomatoes are popular: they are salted, pickled, filled with jelly, dried and frozen. They are part of many popular home-made vegetable “rolls”, for example, lecho, squash caviar.
Recipe for harvesting tomatoes for the winter you will learn from the video:
Tomato is used in the prevention and treatment of many diseases. Thus, a mixture of a glass of tomato juice with a spoon of honey will help strengthen the immune forces. Not only the vegetables themselves are used in folk recipes: the tops of the plant are also useful.
A glass of juice before meals prepares the stomach to eat, reduces the risk of constipation.
A mixture of tomatoes, garlic and horseradish ("crap") - an excellent remedy for cough and infectious diseases, it stimulates metabolic processes and digestion.
Surprisingly, tomatoes have a beneficial effect on the skin:
- The use of vegetables can reduce skin rashes - acne, psoriasis, eczema,
- To clean the face and refresh the skin, just wipe the face with a piece of tomato,
- With oily skin, you can wipe your face with tomato juice daily,
- Избавиться от крупных пор и жирной кожи помогут томатные маски – ломтики томата укладываются на очищенную кожу на полчаса, после чего лицо ополаскивается водой. Полезна такая маска также для сухой и поврежденной кожи,
- Кислоты в составе помидора позволяют отбелить кожу и избавиться от пигментных пятен.
Удивительно, но черная редька является отличным помощником в борьбе за красоту. In cosmetology, a natural remedy is successfully used in the fight against skin imperfections and the treatment of injuries of the skin. Read more about the vegetable in this article ...
Tomatoes - a wonderful healthy vegetable with a rich mineral composition and low calorie content.
Store the purchased tomatoes in the refrigerator: in room conditions they ripen well, but deteriorate quickly.
When choosing a vegetable, pay attention to the density of the tomato, the presence of stains and watery structure.
Description of the fetus
Tomato - a representative of the family of bouillon. It belongs to the perennial plants, but in the garden culture it is still used as an annual. The stalk of a tomato that lodges often requires garters, but there are varieties that are cultivated without the tying procedure (standard). Core root, strongly branched and located in the soil at a depth of about 50 cm Tomato is a juicy berry, with a different number of seed chambers: from low-chamber (2-5) to medium-sized (6-9) and multi-chamber (10 or more). The advantage of multi-chamber fruits is their fleshyness and volume, the disadvantage is the small seed offspring.
The growth period of a tomato after tying is about a month, the time of ripening is from 10 to 15 days, during which the fruit takes on a color ranging from green to bright red. Depending on the variety, ripe tomatoes can be of various shades: orange, red, pink, crimson or even yellow. A large variety of fruit forms makes it possible to grow from ordinary round to plum-shaped and pepper-shaped tomatoes. It is best for use to choose fruits with a smooth surface. Tomato weight can be from 20 g to 1 kg. All this is purely individual and depends on various varietal characteristics.
Calorie and nutritional value
Tomato has very low caloriefor which it is valued. On average, there are 23 kcal (or 96.2 kJ) per 100 g of fruit.
100 g of tomatoes contain a lot of water (about 92 g), proteins - 1.1 g, fats - 0.2 g, carbohydrates - 5 g. Fiber (0.8 g) is also included, pectins (0.3 g ), organic acids (0.5 g) and ash (0.5 g).
Let's look at the benefits of using tomatoes for men.
First, the juice from this miracle fetus is very useful for normalizing the work of the body and all internal organs, helps prevent and eliminate constipation, fights against stomach ulcers, stops the development of cataracts.
Tomatoes, raw or processed, have a positive effect in the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis in men. In case of emergency it is possible to use a tomato in the treatment of wounds and cuts, unless there is a special ointment at hand. It perfectly disinfects wounds and contributes to their rapid healing. The main value in the fruits of this plant is the presence of a special pigment - lycopene, which slows down the oxidation, thereby providing an anti-cancer effect on the body of men. Moreover, during the heat treatment of tomatoes, the amount of lycopene increases, which further reduces the risk of cancer of the prostate, stomach and lungs.
Knowing how small the calorie content of tomatoes, you can immediately conclude about the benefits of tomatoes for women. They are able to speed up the metabolism, remove excess fluid from the body, eliminate puffiness and even reduce cholesterol in the blood.
Juice from the fruit helps to lose weight, improve the appearance and condition of the skin. It also helps maintain bone health, especially for postmenopausal women. Like men, tomatoes help the female body in the fight against cancer cells.
You can talk a lot about the beneficial properties of this plant, because it really performs a lot irreplaceable vital functions.
- Tomatoes are often used in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- They have an excellent diuretic effect, start all metabolic processes in the body, so their use is often recommended when prescribing diets for people with excess weight.
- They improve the functioning of the nervous system, acting as a kind of antidepressant.
- Juice and tomato dishes contribute to the improvement of human immunity, mood and well-being.
- Many do not know about it, but these berries perfectly quench thirst.
- Useful substances contained in the fruit, improve vision, prevent various eye diseases.
- Especially for women, tomatoes are useful for their anti-aging properties, they smooth wrinkles, give the face a natural healthy tone.
- Regular consumption of tomatoes improves memory and faster assimilation of various information.
Dietology and tomatoes
As mentioned above, tomatoes have a low calorie content, which makes them one of the top products that are prescribed for diets. In addition to their lightness, they are able to start all the necessary processes to eliminate excess weight and normalize the work of the stomach and intestines.
So there are different ways of eating tomatoes in dietetics:
- Fruits are often used during fasting days. This will not only give your body lightness, but also clear out unnecessary substances and eliminate a few kilograms in just one day.
- Another effective method would be a combination of tomatoes and cucumbers, and on the basis of this, a fasting day. Cucumbers are also low-calorie and beneficial, so this combination of products will only enhance their beneficial effects on your body. On such days, do not forget that you need to drink plenty of clean water to speed up the metabolic processes.
- It is also useful to combine fresh tomatoes with cereals, in particular with buckwheat. This combination will provide you with the necessary amount of carbohydrates and iron, but it will also allow you to lose weight. Such dishes can be the basis for a diet designed for a couple of weeks.
Use in cooking
No kitchen in the world can do without this wonderful product. In total there are about 1000 of the most varied recipes using tomatoes.
In Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Spain it is one of the most revered and respected products, on the basis of which culinary masterpieces were created, which are now known all over the world. In these countries, the most popular recipes for sauces based on tomatoes, pastes, soups (for example, gazpacho), appetizers, salads, ketchups, etc. were created.
It is no longer possible to imagine your daily diet without this fruit. No pizzeria is complete without the well-known “Margarita”, and the cold gazpacho soup has long conquered the hearts of all gourmets. People have learned how to marinate, preserve, and bake tomatoes. In general, use this berry at 100% and extract the maximum useful properties from it.
Harm and contraindications
Like every product, a tomato can be both beneficial and harmful to human health. Wrong reception can rather negatively affect your health.
One more contraindication is the use of this fetus in ulcers or cardiovascular diseases, as this may cause their sharp exacerbation.
Remember also that you should not eat tomatoes at the same time with meat products, fish or eggs. Do not combine them with bakery products. But it is recommended to drink tomato juice only 30 minutes after a meal.
Since childhood, we have been taught that eating tomatoes is necessary and correct. And all this is not accidental, since indeed this miraculous fruit has very valuable beneficial properties and excellent taste. At the same time, be sure to remember that there are also contraindications regarding the use of tomatoes. And if you ignore them, you can experience quite unpleasant symptoms and sensations.
Calorie tomatoes, healthy properties
Calorie tomato is small and is only 19.8 kcal per 100 grams of product. The amount of proteins and fats in tomatoes, respectively, 0.6 and 0.2 grams for every 100 grams, and the average carbohydrate content is 4.3 grams.
A tomato contains a complex of vitamins (A, carotenoids, B groups, folic and ascorbic acids, E, H, K, PP, choline) and minerals (calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, cobalt, iodine, iron, molybdenum, chromium , zinc, selenium).
- 93.5% of tomatoes are made up of water.
The fruit contains dietary fiber, sugar - fructose and glucose, ash, amino acids, pectin compounds, starch, organic acids (succinic, tartaric, oxalic, citric, malic, glycolic), anthocyanins, saponins, stearins, antioxidants.
Tomatoes are a valuable source of carotenoid pigment and a powerful antioxidant - lycopene, the highest concentration of which is present in dried in the sun and dried fruits.
By binding to low density lipoproteins (LDL), lycopene protects the body from oxidative stress and controls cholesterol levels in the blood. This substance is not synthesized by the human body - its replenishment is possible only with incoming food.
The benefits and harm of tomatoes for the body
The beneficial properties of a tomato are due to its unique biochemical composition. High concentrations of antioxidants, including lycopene, make the product indispensable in the prevention of cancer. These same substances that reduce the level of dangerous cholesterol help to maintain the functions of the cardiovascular system, prevent the formation of blood clots and slow down the aging process of the body.
Statistics show that people who regularly use tomatoes, tomato juice and dishes with tomato puree / pasta are much less likely to have heart and blood vessel problems. Tomatoes are especially beneficial in cases of ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, varicose veins and angina pectoris.
The product helps to reduce blood viscosity due to a substance enveloping the seeds that are in small capsules. By its properties, this compound is similar to the well-known aspirin. Also, tomatoes significantly improve the composition of blood and are very useful for anemia.
Tomatoes have undoubted benefits for the digestive tract. Fruit pulp activates the secretion of gastric juice, and dietary fiber increases intestinal motility, which is the prevention of constipation. Especially prized tomatoes in the diet of people with diseases of the digestive organs, accompanied by low acidity of gastric juice.
Low-calorie tomatoes - a unique product that should be included in the menu of all people with metabolic disorders. Tomatoes activate metabolism, accelerate fat burning processes, remove excess fluid from tissues, which is especially important for patients suffering from obesity. Fresh seasonal fruits and canned tomato juice will be useful for them (without salt!).
Essential acids and vitamins of group B, as well as a complex of powerful antioxidants regulate the activity of the central nervous system and activate the processes of regeneration of cells of the nervous system.
- Regular consumption of tomatoes stabilizes the emotional background, relieves irritability, soothes and levels the effects of stress.
The benefits of tomatoes for the health of men and women
The benefits of tomatoes for men is the ability of the product to resist age-related changes in the prostate. The combination of tomatoes and broccoli cabbage is an effective prevention of prostate cancer, prostate adenoma and prostatitis.
In addition, lycopene and other biologically active compounds of the fruit enhance the male power.
It should be noted that tomatoes are very useful for the female body, as the unique combination of phytonutrients that are in a bioavailable form is effective prevention of osteoporosis, the risk of which increases during menopause.
In addition, tomatoes reduce the likelihood of gaining extra pounds, thereby making the menu of many diets aimed at maintaining harmony. First of all, we are talking about tomato juice, one glass of which contains only 34 kcal.
Features of the use of tomatoes
How to get the most benefit from a tomato without harm? According to nutritionists, maximum assimilation of beneficial phytonutrients of tomatoes occurs in combination with vegetable fats, which is why it is so useful to fill vegetable salads with tomatoes with unrefined oils of the first cold-pressed.
Scientists have determined that lycopene concentration is much higher in fruits that have undergone heat treatment. That is why boiled fruit, tomato paste, juice, sauces are so good for health. For maximum benefit, it is recommended to prepare red sauces and ketchups at home, then you will be fully insured against the presence of preservatives, flavor enhancers, flavors and other achievements of modern chemical industry, widely used in food production.
The biochemical composition of different tomato varieties is identical, only the content of certain compounds in fruits of different colors varies. Thus, it is believed that orange and yellow varieties contain a greater amount of carotenoids, and when they are consumed, the risk of allergic reactions is less likely than with the inclusion of red fruits in the diet.
In the green, unripe fruits, there is a poisonous compound - solanine. Therefore, they are eaten only in processed form (after heat treatment, the amount of solanine is minimized), for example, in canned salads and snacks.
The most popular in our country are salted tomatoes, whose health benefits are quite substantial, especially in the cold season, when the number of fresh vegetables on the table is limited. We are talking only about the fruits, canned without vinegar.
In salty tomatoes, antioxidant-lycopene, mineral salts, trace elements and most of the vitamins are fully preserved. Therefore, do not neglect the tasty and healthy snack, emphasizing the charm of any meal.
Possible harm and contraindications of tomatoes
Salty tomatoes are contraindicated for all who follow a salt-free diet due to medical indications, since their manufacturing technology involves the use of a sufficiently large amount of sodium chloride, which acts as a preservative and flavor enhancer.
It has tomato contraindications for patients suffering from pathologies of the digestive tract organs, especially with high acidity, as well as with renal problems.
- In the period of aggravation of gastritis, peptic ulcer, hepatitis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, urolithiasis, the use of tomatoes in any form should be abandoned.
At the remission stage, it is advisable to learn about the feasibility of eating fruits from a specialist who is watching you — a nephrologist, a gastroenterologist, and a nutritionist. In any case, in these diseases, fresh tomatoes are recommended to be used without the skin (it can be easily removed from the fruit after boiling with boiling water).
- Tomatoes can cause allergies.
In the presence of individual intolerance from their use should be abandoned. For the same reason, the product with care includes in the menu of pregnant women, nursing mothers, children, closely monitoring the body's response to the fruit.
Banned tomatoes for patients with diseases associated with increased levels of uric acid. We are talking about gout, polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis. On the possibility of inclusion in the diet of tomatoes can only tell the attending physician.
Oxalic acid in the composition of tomatoes is contraindicated in people who have urates of oxalic origin. In the presence of sand and kidney stones, the product should be used with extreme caution.
Juicy red, orange, yellow and even black large and small tomatoes, the useful properties of which we have disassembled in detail, it is desirable to use regularly. Be careful in the presence of chronic diseases, consulting about the possibility of using these or other products with specialized specialists.
Choose varieties that you prefer to taste, cook all sorts of vitamin salads with them in season, add juice, tomato paste and fresh fruits to hot dishes and cold snacks, and your health will always be at your best.
What are the beneficial properties of tomatoes
This unique vegetable, due to its rich chemical composition, is widely used not only in cooking, but also traditional medicine. Tomatoes help not only to strengthen the functions of the body, but also stimulate the immune system, are an excellent prophylactic against most diseases and help to improve the psycho-emotional state.
A detailed description of the beneficial properties possessed by tomatoes
- Tomatoes are natural antidepressants that, when used systematically, can save a person from such pathological conditions as depression, stress, depressed psychoemotional state, apathy. This effect is achieved due to tyramine in tomatoes, which is converted to serotonin in the human body.
- Tomatoes help to improve the functions of the digestive system. Due to the frequent use of tomatoes, there is an increase in the secretion functions of gastric juice and intestinal work. Особенно будет полезно для тех людей, у которых наблюдается пониженная кислотность и есть склонность к запорам.Moreover, this vegetable is no less useful for people who are often keen on meat products - daily consumption of tomatoes allows for better digestion of meat products in the stomach.
- Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals, tomatoes will be useful for children. Only before using them, it is best to pre-scald the skin with boiling water and peel so that only the flesh remains. If the child is prone to allergic reactions, the child should be given tomatoes that are not red, but, for example, yellow or orange.
- Due to the presence in the composition of lycopene, potassium and vitamins such as C and PP, this vegetable will be very useful for people who suffer from cardiovascular pathologies, vascular diseases and arteries. Fresh tomatoes, included in the daily diet, help get rid of these diseases. It is also recommended to use dishes containing tomatoes for people suffering from atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease. Tomatoes help to lower the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood and reduce the risk of blood clots in the vessels.
- Tomatoes will be useful for people who have certain metabolic problems. That is, they help to cope with overweight, as tomatoes are considered a low-calorie product. To use for weight reduction can not only fresh tomatoes, but also juice. Also a vegetable will be useful for people suffering from diabetes, and tomatoes can be used without restrictions and in any form.
- The systematic use of tomatoes reduces the risk of neuralgic pathologies and Alzheimer's disease.
- The benefits of regular consumption of tomatoes in food will be noticeable to people suffering from varicose veins. In addition, fresh tomatoes can be used as compresses, which are recommended to be applied on diseased veins.
- Tomato juice and the use of fresh tomatoes contributes to the removal of salt from the kidneys and helps to normalize the salt metabolism.
- Due to the high content of ascorbic acid, the benefits are reduced to strengthen the immune system, especially in the spring-autumn period, when the likelihood of catching a cold or an infection of the virus increases.
- The benefits that fresh tomatoes can bring to the body are to eliminate the likelihood of anemia and hypertension. Due to this high content of iron, which is easily absorbed in the human body. It also helps to relieve puffiness, thin the blood and prevent clogging of blood vessels.
- The unique antioxidant properties that these unique vegetables have of which contribute to an enhanced fight against cancer cells. And most of all lycopene is contained not in a fresh vegetable, but in tomato paste. Tomatoes also possess oncoprotective properties, which helps the body to destroy existing cancer cells.
- Helps restore the liver. It is recommended to use for hepatitis, when such an important organ as the liver is affected. Especially the tomato will be useful when the consumption of high-calorie and fatty foods is completely contraindicated. The systematic use of stewed, baked or boiled tomatoes contributes to the effective cleansing of the liver and the restoration of its functions.
- Experts recommend to use this vegetable to people who quit smoking. The fact is that tomatoes have the property of removing various harmful substances from the body: resins, toxins and heavy metals. When used systematically, it helps in the shortest possible time to clean the lungs and bring the respiratory system back to normal.
- The external use of tomatoes also found its use in home cosmetology. Masks from fresh tomatoes not only make the skin of the face firm and fresh, but also contribute to its rejuvenation. Also, with the help of this vegetable, various skin pathologies and severe burns are treated, since tomatoes have a bactericidal, healing and antiseptic properties.
- It is recommended to use vegetable for the treatment of vitamin deficiency.
As you can see, the benefits of regular consumption of tomatoes, is obvious. The unique properties that they possess are proven and have been used in modern medicine for several years.
What is the benefit for the female body?
Every woman should know that tomatoes for her body can bring a lot of benefit.
- First of allIf a woman is prone to excessive weight gain or she is already obese, then the systematic use of tomatoes will be indispensable for her body. Due to the reduced calorie content and the unique composition of tomatoes, it is possible not only to lose weight, but also to normalize the metabolism in a short time. In addition, tomatoes help reduce appetite.
- SecondlyIt is recommended to include in the diet in the period of menopause, since these processes can lead to the development of such pathologies as osteoporosis or softening of the bone tissue. Eating vegetables helps slow down these processes, and normalize bone density.
- ThirdlyRegular consumption helps minimize the risks associated with the likelihood of developing malignant neoplasms and breast cancer.
- Fourth, a high content of vitamin E and iron, helps prevent the development of anemia and prevent cervical pathologies.
- Fifthdue to the large amount of dietary fiber contained in the vegetable, the digestion process is improved, which, in turn, helps to cleanse the problem skin of pimples and acne.
- At sixthIf systematically using a tomato externally for cosmetic purposes, it helps to get rid of such terrible skin pathologies as psoriasis, eczema, or dermatitis.
What is the benefit for the male body?
Tomatoes are an indispensable source of beneficial components and trace elements necessary to regulate male health.
- First of all, frequent use of dishes, using tomatoes: fresh vegetables or tomato juice, contributes to the increase of potency and adjustment of the sexual glands.
- Secondly, due to the presence of lycopene in the contents of the tomato, the work of the heart muscle is improved and the risk of developing cancer associated with the prostate is reduced.
- Thirdly, the juice from fresh tomatoes prevents the development of hypertension, and quickly normalizes blood pressure.
- FourthRegular consumption helps to reduce the likelihood of developing male diseases such as prostate adenoma, prostatitis and prostate cancer.
- FifthTomato juice is shown with excessive physical exertion, since the useful elements in its composition, help protein synthesis.
What is the harm of tomatoes, and what are its contraindications
Tomatoes, despite the rich composition and a lot of useful properties, I still can harm the body. Sometimes it is necessary to completely eliminate tomatoes from the diet or limit their use..
- It should not be used if a person has chronic pathologies of the kidneys or urinary system, for example, urolithiasis or kidney stones.
- Since this vegetable is a powerful natural choleretic agent, it is not recommended to use, especially in large quantities, for people suffering from cholelithiasis. This is due to the fact that they can provoke the ejection of stones, which at any time can clog the biliary tract.
- Allergy sufferers should be very careful about tomatoes, because they are among those products that can provoke strong food allergies. Thus, the contraindication is personal intolerance to the components of tomato.
- Canned or pickled tomatoes with a high content of vinegar can seriously harm the gastrointestinal tract in people with pathologies of the stomach.
- Oxalic acid, which is present in tomatoes, can crystallize into fragments of insoluble salt, after which it will begin to accumulate in the joints. Therefore, it is impossible to use this vegetable to persons who suffer from serious diseases of the joints.
- Since tomatoes contain organic acids, it can adversely affect the gastric mucosa, susceptible to acid. Therefore, it is not recommended to use for persons who have made such a diagnosis as gastric ulcer.
- To worsen the condition and cause exacerbation of a disease such as arthritis, can often use tomato.
- Fresh tomatoes should not be used by people with high acidity. However, they can be stewed or boiled. And then, use tomatoes in this form, it is possible in small quantities.
- If a person suffers from chronic pathologies that affect the liver, he absolutely cannot eat this vegetable. Otherwise, it can only aggravate the condition and cause serious complications.
- It is strictly forbidden to use tomatoes in any form, if a person has serious esophageal pathologies and constantly suffers from heartburn.
- Do not include tomatoes in the diet when there is an exacerbation of pathologies such as gastritis, pancreatitis, duodenal ulcer or elevated levels of uric acid. Eating a healthy vegetable is best postponed until the state is normalized and only after prior consultation with a specialist.