33 week of pregnancy
Now the child is forced to take the "germ shape." His head is slightly tilted to the breast, the arms and legs are pressed to the body. Now he has become more, and the place to freely stretch out in his "house" is no longer enough.
Now he takes the position of the head to the entrance to the pelvis, buttocks up. This is the normal situation for a child at this time. But also breech presentation, when the head of the baby is felt in the upper part of the mother's abdomen with all the complexity of the situation is not a tragedy. Modern medicine allows you to safely deal with this problem.
In some cases, the fruit is transversely. And in this case, the only way to save the life of the mother and child is a cesarean section.
Although ideally the child should not be born yet, childbirth at this time is permissible. And the baby has every chance to survive. However, as in other similar cases, premature babies require special care, perhaps, and the content in the box until it gets stronger.
In babies born at week 33, the cartilage is already denser, the nail plate is practically developed. And even the heart is able to cope with the blood flow. Alveoli in the lungs are already formed, and in principle the amount of surfactant - a substance that does not allow alveoli to stick together during the first breath - also accumulated in sufficient quantities. The body length of the baby is almost 44 cm. The volumes of the breast and tummy are 85 and 87.4 mm, the diameter of the head is 82 mm. It would seem nice.
Nevertheless, it is believed that the birth of a child at the 33rd week is fraught with complications.
33rd week of pregnancy: feelings of a woman
The list of all sorts of sensations - alarming, pleasant and unpleasant - is very wide. First, you are increasingly thinking about the upcoming birth. You're tired of pregnancy and at the same time ready to postpone the final chord. Just because waiting and uncertainty scare you.
Secondly, you continue to worry about problems with the intestines - constipation, often heartburn, nagging pains in the spine and in the abdominal area are tired and wary. At night, though less often, there are convulsions or numb limbs. To cope with this problem, you are actively taking calcium.
Sometimes in places of stretch marks on the abdomen there is itching. But you have adapted to facilitate his massage with a hard towel, a washcloth made of luffa. Use creams. Before you go out or to the store feel free to wear a bandage. Although the doctor advises to wear it at home.
Because of the big tummy, which seems to be reaching the ribs, there is a feeling of lack of oxygen - shortness of breath. But you have adapted to this state and with the help of simple exercises - straighten your chest, then lift your shoulders up - you get the missing oxygen into the lungs.
The bottom of the uterus drops a little only after a month, at best, after three weeks. We'll have to suffer.
Even if before this strong edema you did not notice, now they can appear. After going to the store, you notice the traces of Kant from your boats, traces of gum from the T-shirt on the body. This does not mean that you need to stop drinking water. In no case can this be done. But a little salt reduction can be helpful.
Take the time to perform unpretentious complex for pregnant women. It could be yoga, shiatsu or something else. The main thing - correctly chosen exercises will help you prepare for childbirth. Moreover, the birth of a child is connected not only with psychological stress, but also with physical stress. Your muscles and ligaments will enjoy the feeling that light stretching exercises give.
33rd week of pregnancy: discharge from the genital tract
Try to look after yourself with special care and avoid any infections. For you and your baby, they would be out of place now. However, if you notice a purulent or abundant discharge, it is better to immediately consult with your doctor and get an emergency checkup. The birth canal should be clean. And if you get an infection shortly before birth, the time to recover from them may simply not be enough. Any germs can harm the baby even in the womb.
Bleeding, loss of amniotic fluid, pain in the abdomen - all these symptoms indicate the threat of premature birth or health problems of the child. So call an ambulance. Do not worry if such anxiety turns out to be false. Better to be safe.
33rd week of pregnancy: eating pregnant
Do not you know what discomfort brings heartburn. And now the slightest deviation from the regime - can cause heartburn. Naturally, it is most often caused by fried, smoked or overly spicy dishes. Even if you allowed yourself only something from the forbidden list, heartburn can remind you of yourself. To get rid of heartburn, they say you need to drink milk or drink calcium (even the simplest calcium gluconate will do). As an option - drink a little heated alkaline mineral water.
Naturally, special drugs are sold in the pharmacy. But still, when choosing a medicine for heartburn, you should consult with your doctor. Among the general recommendations - there are more often and small portions, try not to eat at night, at dinner choose sparing foods - fresh or steamed. And after lunch or dinner it is better to walk a little.
Now you want to look at the baby endlessly. If the doctor checks the state of organs and systems once again, then it is more interesting for you to examine your baby. They say that by this time the child already has dreams. Researches which were conducted by scientists measured movements of pupils during a dream. You are considering his face, trying to guess which of you he will look like. The question of who to expect - a boy or a girl - has long been resolved. The doctor answered this question unequivocally two weeks ago.
The placenta still performs the functions assigned to it: it protects the baby from the aggressive environment and carries nutrients along with the blood.
Detailed video 33 week of pregnancy
Growing and gaining weight is the main task for the fetus. Many organs and systems are already fully working:
- The heart has been pumping blood for several months and makes 120-160 beats per minute.
- The baby swallows amniotic fluid, and the kidneys convert it into urine and out of the body.
- The endocrine glands produce various hormones, which after birth will regulate the processes of the child's life.
- The brain “commands” every movement of the fetus. Any of them is reflexive. The baby will gradually control its muscles over the course of several years after giving birth.
The layer of subcutaneous fat continues to thicken, and the original fluff throughout the body disappears. The hair on the head is slightly thickened, but still it is soft and fluffy.
Some organs are not yet involved. Light baby are at rest. But the diaphragm rises and falls, it is also training. There is nothing to watch the baby in the womb, it is dark there, but the muscles of the eye and the eyelid are ready for their activity.
Some babies weigh more than two kilograms at thirty-three weeks. The weight norm is not violated, because the newborns differ in parameters. Twins are certainly not as tall and lighter in weight. Here everything is individual. On average, the fetus gains in weight by 15-25 grams every day.
Many children in this period are already taking the optimum position for the upcoming delivery: head down. The legs and arms are crossed. But if the doctor has established another presentation, there is nothing to worry about yet. Just do not wear a bandage. It helps you, supports your stomach, but prevents the fetus from moving and may prevent the baby from rolling over as it should.
The bones and cartilage of the fetus continue their mineralization due to calcium, which comes from the mother's food. However, the children's skull does not ossify; soft and flexible cartilaginous joints will remain in it until the very birth. Why is this happening?
Very soon, the child will have to go through the birth canal of the mother (of course, if a caesarean section is not planned). The head is the largest part of the baby’s body. In order to facilitate the passage, the bones of the skull during childbirth shift and slightly reduce the diameter of the baby’s head.
Good to know.Finally, the cranial bones harden in one-year-old babies. It is not by chance that there are springs on the crown of babies, tiny places where there is no bone tissue and a pulse is felt.
Now it is an important indicator of your baby’s condition. The doctor may ask you to count the number of movements. To do this, choose a quiet time of the day, make yourself comfortable (sitting or lying down, just do not fall asleep) and count the shocks. There should be at least ten of them in two hours. They counted less - tell the doctor about it, he will prescribe CTG to check the fetal heart and ultrasound to diagnose his general condition.
Some mothers feel that the stomach is like a shudder from the inside, but there is no tension, as during labor. It is believed that this is manifested by fetal hiccups. Doctors attribute this phenomenon to the ingestion of amniotic fluid. Perhaps the fetus hiccups does not deliver such unpleasant sensations, which it causes in a child or an adult.
Feelings and feelings of mom
Many women in the 33rd week admit that pregnancy has become quite a familiar condition. If there are no complications, then some of the inconveniences of the state are compensated by emotional peace, the possibility not to go to work / study and the joy of waiting.
You may have heartburn or constipation on any given day. If you still do not know how to deal with these conditions, read about it in the "Recommendations" section at the end of the article.
At this time, you may find carpal tunnel syndrome in your body, even if you have not typed for a long time on the keyboard. You may have external and / or internal edema. Unwanted accumulations of fluid interfere with the full movement of blood through the vessels, hence numbness and pain. Shake hands often, conveniently arrange them in a dream, do not hold them down for a long time. Elastic bandage on the wrist or special orthopedic dressings will also help.
Periodic swelling of the legs appears after a long walk or standing. For the same reason, dilated vessels may appear that are visible under the skin.
Attention.Persistent edema (appear constantly and do not pass for a long time) is a much more dangerous condition, as well as a sharp weight gain of more than 300-500 grams per week. This may indicate late toxicosis, especially if you have high blood pressure. Read about this complication of pregnancy in the article on toxicosis.
In the normal course of pregnancy, babies should be born on time or quite a bit earlier. If the child is born now, he will need a special incubator and professional medical care.
With multiple pregnancies, children are often born much earlier than the fortieth week. If you are waiting for twins or even triplets - be prepared for this.
Attention: fatty acids
Usually, pregnant women are strongly discouraged high-fat foods. But omega-3 fatty acid is a very valuable element of the fetus. This natural chemical compound is responsible for the development of the so-called cognitive abilities of the child. They include thinking, attention, memory, imagination and the ability to understand. Even in the first weeks of pregnancy, you could often hear the advice to include fatty fish in your diet. They contain the more important acid. In late pregnancy, their value increases several times.
What if you absolutely dislike fish or are allergic to seafood? Possible options. In your diet should be eggs, almonds, walnuts. Fit and flaxseed oil. No need to pour it into a spoon and drink it through force, like a nasty medicine. Dress them with salad, especially if it is from grated carrots.
Discharge and pain
Nothing changes here. Light scanty mucus from the vagina (clear or white) is the norm. Admixture of pus, cheesy consistency, unpleasant smell signals about pathological processes in the genitourinary system. Treatment is prescribed only by a doctor.
Especially dangerous abundant watery discharge - possible cracks, even ruptures of the fetal bladder. Blood or real bleeding is another dangerous sign. Call the ambulance, as you can give birth prematurely.
Normally, nothing should hurt you. Unpleasant sensations of tension, heaviness, tightness of the abdomen, back, ribs and lower back - the usual physiological manifestations of pregnancy. But if something really hurts, be sure to inform the doctor, and in case of intense pain, seek emergency treatment.
What is placental abruption?
This is a rare but dangerous complication of the third trimester of pregnancy. Such cases are only 1-1.5%, but it is necessary to know about them.
The placenta normally begins to separate from the wall of the uterus at the last stage of labor, when the baby is already born. If detachment occurs earlier, it is a pathology. Main symptoms:
- severe abdominal pain
- vaginal bleeding,
- changing the shape of the abdomen - this happens because of the accumulation of blood secretions inside.
If the placenta is partially exfoliated and a small part of it, the mother still has a chance to communicate the pregnancy. With a significant or complete separation, the child is threatened with death. The fetus simply stops receiving enough oxygen through the placenta and umbilical cord and is killed by suffocation.
If you have noted the listed symptoms, call the ambulance urgently. It is possible that doctors will be forced to call or give birth to a cesarean section in order to save the life of your child.
Female Attendance Calendar
Usually, pregnant women are shown to the doctor once every two weeks. A couple of days before the visit, you need to pass blood and urine tests for several indicators, the doctor always writes out the directions on the previous visit.
If for some reason you have not been fully examined - you missed a planned ultrasound or tests, they can be scheduled this week. With an ultrasound examination, the doctor will check various physical indicators of the fetus (circumference of the head, chest, abdomen, symmetry of the length of the limbs). And yet - the state of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid.
As additional tests, you may be recommended to undergo cardiotocography and dopplerometry.
Photos of tummies
- Follow your regular diet, plus advice on increasing the amount of fatty acids in your diet.
- Do not drink food tea or coffee, these drinks reduce the absorption of dietary iron.
- If you suffer from heartburn, drink jelly, do not forget about cereals.
- To avoid shortness of breath, move slowly, on any trips and trips, allocate a large amount of time. In no case do not refuse physical activity, otherwise unpleasant phenomena will increase.
- When constipation in the diet must be prunes, which perfectly stimulates the reduction of intestinal muscles.
- If your doctor has determined that your hemorrhoids may start or are already developing, practice regular washing with warm water.
- Remove calf muscle cramps with a calf massage. More recommended to pull the toes, which reduces.
- Carefully care for the skin of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs and breasts. Use any cream or lotion that is designed to combat stretch marks. This is especially important if the skin of the abdomen now and then itches.
- In case of significant colostrum secretions, be sure to use bra pads and change them regularly, otherwise inflammatory processes may develop in a moist environment.
- The shortage of water, the expectation of twins, low placenta and the threat of premature birth are contraindications for intimate life. In all other cases, careful sex is allowed.
- If you have any fears of childbirth, visit a psychologist, tell your doctor about your fear, or just talk to your friends, ask for their advice and support.
- In late periods, the nasal mucosa often swells without signs of a cold (rhinitis of pregnant women). Do not use vasoconstrictor drops. Moisturize the nasal mucosa more often, maintain good humidity at home.
Before birth, there are very few. Be happy and strong to give birth to a healthy and strong baby.
Video guide: 33 weeks of pregnancy what is happening, stirring, pain in the hands, omega-3 fatty acids
Hello girls! Today I will tell you how I managed to get in shape, lose 20 kilograms, and finally get rid of creepy complexes of fat people. I hope the information will be useful to you!
Do you want to read our materials first? Subscribe to our telegram channel
Changes and well-being of the future mother at week 33
The woman's body is actively preparing for the upcoming birth. The body continues to change, the abdomen grows, and the uterus contracts from time to time, “rehearsing” contractions. The size of the uterus increases - it reaches about 30 cm in height. Colostrum appears in the mammary glands.
height of standing of the bottom of the pubis - at 33-34 cm.
What happens to mom at 8 months of pregnancy
- The weight gain of the future mom at 33 weeks will be 350-500 g. Now the woman weighs about 9-11 kg more from the moment of registration in the consultation on pregnancy. При вынашивании двойни масса тела может быть немного больше.
- Объем крови в организме женщины сейчас больше на целый литр, чем до начала беременности. По этой причине будущей маме нужно питаться регулярно, разнообразно и качественно. The menu should be directed, first of all, to prevent the occurrence of anemia and other conditions caused by a deficiency of vitamins and microelements.
- In the future mother's belly looks voluminous, pregnancy is noticeable to everyone around. Under the weight of the baby's weight, he may already slightly move down from the end of this week. This reduces the pressure on the diaphragm from the uterus and the pregnant woman finally becomes easier to breathe.
- Periodically straining ("kameneet") the stomach of a pregnant woman. So in the later stages of childbearing, training fights manifest themselves, which do not gain strength and disappear after a couple of minutes.
- Discharge at 8 months should be moderate (even scanty). Norm - light shade, no smell, the consistency is homogeneous without any impurities.
- From the enlarged mammary glands, a large amount of colostrum is released. This is a good indicator of the preparation of a woman's body for the upcoming process of feeding the baby immediately after birth.
- Sometimes, at 33 weeks of pregnancy, the gums become inflamed and bleed. In this case, visit the dentist is inevitable. Many oral manipulations at this time can be dangerous. For example, it is better to refrain from removal and treatment under anesthesia. But, nevertheless, you need to eliminate bleeding gums, because their condition directly affects the strength (read - durability) of teeth.
What does a woman feel in the 33 week position
For a future baby, 8 months of pregnancy is a relatively quiet time, which cannot be said about mom:
- with increasing fetal weight, the weight of the uterus and amniotic fluid increases,
- the volume of circulating maternal blood increases by more than 1.5 times for adequate blood supply to the child.
These two points often lead to the appearance of edema, high blood pressure. Edema can occur either by themselves or be one of the most serious complications of pregnancy (a symptom of pre-eclampsia - severe gestosis).
If a child “manifested” himself less than 3 times in a day, it is necessary to contact the antenatal clinic as soon as possible to examine and determine the health status of the baby.
Baby on the 33rd week of pregnancy: height, weight, development
A tiny man growing inside his mother has habits that will be with him in the first months of life already at this time. The kid already determines when he needs to be awake, sleep or eat. By the 33rd week, all parts of the body are almost proportional, and the baby looks like a complete newborn. While in the womb, he can even smile and see his first colorful dreams!
The height and weight of the fetus at 33 weeks, as well as other important indicators of its development in accordance with WHO standards are shown in the table below.
(at this time)
First of all, future parents are interested in what happens to the baby in the eighth month of pregnancy, what changes the child undergoes outwardly, how many times a day to wait for a stir.
- The child grows, gains strength and is actively tossing and turning in the uterus - because of this you can observe funny "bumps" on my mother's belly.
- The baby's skin becomes smoother and pinker due to an increase in the thickness of the subcutaneous fat layer. The amount of fluff hair on the whole body from this week begins to decrease, and the hair on the head is exactly the opposite - thickens and darkens.
- The baby becomes closer in the intrauterine space, its mass increases and the body's muscular system becomes stronger. The movements of the fetus are felt by the pregnant woman more intensely and sharply, sometimes even painfully.
- The baby’s skin is covered with a large amount of original lubricant, which by the eighth month of pregnancy becomes larger. Lubrication is necessary for the upcoming birth process. Developing a lubricant, the body is preparing for the upcoming event of the birth of a child into the world.
- In most cases, by week 33, the baby is located along the uterus head down. But if the crumb has not yet taken the right position, there is still time to help him turn around correctly with the help of special exercises.
Photos of the abdomen of the future mother on the 33rd week:
The development of the fetus in the eighth month has its own characteristics. The internal organs continue to evolve and improve, the main changes in them we have shown in the table.
What examinations are expecting a pregnant woman at week 33?
During this period, a woman visits her gynecologist 1 time in 2 weeks. At the reception, the standard is measured abdominal circumference, uterus height, weight and blood pressure. The doctor listens to the heartbeat with a stethoscope, while paying attention to how the pregnant woman’s belly grows and looks. Also routine tests are done regularly:
- general and biochemical blood tests,
- blood coagulation test,
- clinical analysis of urine.
The plan for mandatory testing in the third trimester also includes fetal ultrasound (32-34 weeks) and cardiotocography (CTG) of the fetus. These studies, if necessary, are repeated every 2-3 weeks, until the moment when the child is born.
What the future mother needs to know at the 33rd week of pregnancy (video from a specialist):
A doctor during an ultrasound scan at a gestational age of 33 weeks draws attention to:
- child development - compliance is determined, the structure of the body is examined, movements are checked, the probability of fading is eliminated,
- weight and height of the baby - measurements of the fetus are made, his heartbeat is heard, a preliminary date of birth is put in conclusion,
- condition of the placenta - the location and degree of maturity is checked,
- the position of the child in the uterus - if the crumb is located legs or ass down, then there is a chance that the baby will be born by cesarean section.
Here is the approximate menu of the future mother at 8 months.
- sandwich with butter and cheese,
- fruit or vegetable juice.
- chicken broth soup with sour cream,
- rosehip drink or dried fruit compote.
- baked fish fillet,
Much attention in the 33rd week is given to the omega-3 fatty acid. This element should prevail in food in late pregnancy, because it depends on the development of the cognitive abilities of the child in the womb. This acid contains the following products:
- fish (cod, trout, flounder, sea bass),
- boiled chicken eggs
- almonds and walnuts,
- Flaxseed, corn and olive oils.
What complications can occur in the 33rd week of pregnancy?
The third trimester for the future mother is often the hardest, both morally (anxiety for the upcoming birth) and in the physical (it becomes difficult to walk, it is uncomfortable to sit and sleep). Most of the pregnancy is over, the “finish line” is ahead, and it is important at this stage to monitor all the changes in your health for the sake of yourself and the future baby.
Possible complications at week 33 (video):
Consider the most common problems encountered in pregnant women at week 33.
Hair loss and tooth decay
For the mineralization of the bones, the child requires calcium, which comes to him from the mother. In case of a shortage of this mineral with incoming food, the female body "gets" it from its own bones. Because of this, there are pains in the pubic joint, the tooth enamel collapses, the hair condition worsens.
Arise due to the increased mobility of the child in the uterus. The kid is literally located in the womb in the form of an "asterisk", spreading the legs and arms, arches. If at first it seems mom funny, then as the term increases, such sensations are painful and tiring.
The fruit grows so fast that in the third trimester it is already propping up the diaphragm and liver of its mother. Because of this, it becomes difficult for the pregnant woman to breathe in the last months of gestation.
The baby's head is perceptibly pressing on the bladder, so frequent urination often worries women in the later stages. Sometimes incontinence may occur (with laughter, sneezing, coughing, etc.). These unpleasant moments are perfectly normal at this time.
Dizziness, fatigue, fainting
Redistribution of blood flow, the increase in body weight in the third trimester can lead to oxygen starvation and to the fact that the pregnant woman will feel dizzy. This occurs when an abrupt change in the position of the body, due to stuffiness or with poor nutrition and lack of vitamins in the body.
Spasms in the uterus
Often, at 33 weeks, the uterus begins to strain from time to time, gathering in a “lump”. Normally, this condition lasts no more than 5-10 seconds, is not accompanied by pain and occurs only a couple of times a day. So the main female body is trained before the upcoming birth. But if spasms occur regularly, this is an alarming symptom.
The back of a woman in late periods under the weight of the abdomen is tilted back. The redistribution of the load often carries pain in the spine, changes in posture, and spasms of the muscles of the spine.
Insomnia in the third trimester: 5 steps to eliminate it
Toward the end of the expectation of the child, expectant mothers often have no time for sleeping. It is convenient to settle in the bed by the big belly, and the enlarged uterus crowns the surrounding organs, causing unpleasant sensations.
Your attention are a few simple rules that will help a pregnant woman get better sleep.
1. The right attitude
Do not get carried away with coffee and tea before bedtime. Have dinner no later than three hours before bedtime, and may the evening meal be helpful and light. Rest after a hard day is better to devote not to watching TV, but to walk in the fresh air.
2. Warm bath
Great sleep will give you a 20-minute bathroom for 1-1,5 hours before bedtime. Enter the evening bath into the habit, and you will not know problems with falling asleep. In warm water, you can add a concentrate to relax the nervous system. Coniferous, rosemary, lavender essential oils are well suited. It will take only 2-3 drops per bath. Oils can be replaced with dried pharmacy herbs - just enough to put the dry raw material in a bag and immerse it in water.
At the 8th month, it often makes painful heaviness in the legs to fall asleep. After taking a bath, complete the bath by dousing your legs and feet with a cold shower alternating with a warm one. Thus, blood circulation in the legs will improve, unpleasant symptoms will disappear. Complete the procedure with cool water. After dousing, the feet should be massaged well, going upwards from the bottom to the knee.
4. Warm milk with honey
If the day was hard, and thoughts do not allow to relax and fall asleep, then drink from childhood helps to calm the nerves and tune in to sleep. Half an hour before bedding, drink a glass of preheated milk with 2 teaspoons of bee product. This tool will help a pregnant woman fall asleep sweetly, it is useful and safer than any sleeping pill.
5. Comfortable posture
To prevent you from feeling numb and tingling in your legs while you sleep, lift the edge of the bed with an extra pillow or rug. It is desirable for the future mother to sleep on this period, preferably on the side with the knees bent at the legs (“fetal position”). The best option is to raise the right leg and put a pillow for pregnant women under it.