It is possible to treat the thrush thrush area in children with the help of folk methods, which will be an excellent additional means of eliminating and preventing candidiasis during the main treatment.
Beneficial effects have a bath of herbs. Pharmacy chamomile, calendula, yarrow, sage are ideal for this. A decoction of such herbs relieves irritation, having a destructive effect on the fungus. AT
Annochki should not be hot or cold. It is necessary to consult a doctor in order to avoid the appearance of allergic reactions on the skin.
Another effective tool in the fight against candidiasis are compresses on herbal decoctions. A piece of bandage or a cotton swab dipped in Kalanchoe juice or soaked in a decoction of eucalyptus leaves should be applied to the affected areas.
Treatment of thrush in children in the groin area is carried out with the help of drugs:
- Soda solution. Soda is known for its anti-fungal effect.
- Borax in glycerin. It is also an effective drug for the treatment of candidiasis.
- Herbs, medicinal flowers and honey (only in the absence of allergic reactions).
Do not forget! All traditional medicine products are applicable only after the treating doctor resolves them.
Preventing thrush will help prevent preventive measures, which are easier to re-treat.
Some methods of prevention of candidiasis in children:
- Keep your crumbs dry and rub your skin after a bath. Themselves water procedures, it is better to carry out in a separate baby bath, and after - use baby powder or talcum powder.
- In time, pay attention to the development of diseases in the child, effectively eliminate them.
- Do not allow hypothermia baby. Strengthen immunity, take vitamins and conduct tempering procedures.
- Bed linen and towels should be washed frequently (at least once a week), these things should be very personal.
- Daily change of underwear, consisting of cotton fabric, which allows the skin to "breathe."
- Hygiene products that can change the acid-base environment should not be used.
- Visit a doctor and examine possible diseases. Cares about the general condition of the child.
Thrush in children: symptoms and treatment
How to treat thrush in infants?
Thrush in infants
How does thrush appear in girls?
Thrush on tongue in infants
How to treat thrush in children?
Thrush in the mouth in infants, how to treat it?
Thrush in children in the groin area has the following clinical manifestations:
- The skin becomes reddish and there is a slight swelling in the area of the inguinal skin folds. If the disease is not treated, then rashes, in the form of bubbles or papules, are formed. At dissection, the elements of the rash turn into a wet eroded surface. The affected area has clear boundaries and somewhat wavy edges.
- On the surface of erosion, as a rule, there is white bloom.
- There is erimatous and vesicular form of candidiasis. In the first form, reddening of the skin and edematous areas are more characteristic, over time erosions are formed. In the case of a vasicular form, rashes in the form of small vesicles are more often observed against the background of red and edematous inguinal folds.
- Inguinal candidiasis in children often spills over into the recurrent form.
- When vulvovaginitis in girls there is a burning sensation and itching, as well as white cheesy discharge. Boys from the opening of the urethra appear creamy discharge.
Thrush of the groin area in children is diagnosed by an external examination by a pediatrician or pediatric dermatologist, who can evaluate the clinical picture of the disease.
To identify the type of pathogenic bacteria that provoked the development of the disease, it is required to pass material for bacteriological analysis. It consists in planting biological material on nutrient media.
A blood test for the detection of antibodies to fungal infections.
In addition, you should conduct a survey of the child for comorbidities, so you must additionally pass:
- Blood test for sugar.
- General analysis of blood and urine.
- Blood chemistry.
- Blood test for HIV.
- Go to the reception to the pediatric gynecologist or urologist.
In some cases, a differential diagnosis is required, as this will make it possible to eliminate psoriasis, genital herpes, seborrheic dermatitis, and other possible diseases.
Only a specialist can assess the condition of the child, so be sure to consult a pediatrician.
In the treatment of candidiasis recommend:
- Revise the diet of the child. Remove from the baking food, pastry, yeast bread, honey and minimize sugar consumption. Increase your intake of foods rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Dairy products can be consumed in limited quantities. If the baby is breastfed, then the woman is also recommended to refrain from the consumption of sweets.
- Clothing. At the time of illness, infants are not recommended to wear diapers. It is necessary to give oxygen access to the skin, it is better to keep the baby with a bare ass as often as possible. Synthetic materials warm the skin and increase perspiration, and these are ideal conditions for the growth of the fungus.
- The genitals are treated with soda solution, which is prepared in proportion to 1 cup of boiled water, 1 teaspoon of soda.
- Treatment of thrush is carried out using Fucortin, Zelenka or Methylene Blue. These solutions process the skin affected by the fungus.
- Ointment, cream or solution Clotrimazole. When the doctor permits, the skin is treated.
- Tea tree oil has an antiseptic and antifungal effect, therefore, in a diluted form, it treats the affected skin.
- Children are not given systemic antifungal agents (tablets, solutions for injection), only aerosols, ointments or gels are used. The exception is generalized candidosis of the inguinal region, which proceeds with a general intoxication of the body. In this course of the disease, the therapy consists of antifungal antibiotics, which are used both orally and intravenously.
- With local treatment, antimycotic ointments are preferred, since they have no side effects. But it should be borne in mind that new medicines are prohibited for newborns.
- The course of therapy is from 7 to 14 days. If the treatment is chosen correctly, the changes in the clinical picture become noticeable already on day 3.
- Mandatory use of probiotics that contain live lactobacilli.
- The course of vitamin therapy.
- Drugs to stimulate the immune system.
If thrush in children does not respond to treatment - this is the reason to examine the child with an immunologist.
In the fight against thrush, can be useful and recipes of traditional medicine. They should be used with a mild form of the disease or as an addition to the main course of treatment:
- Baths with a decoction of herbs. For these purposes, you can use pharmacy chamomile, yarrow, calendula, string or sage.
- Compresses with decoction of herbs.
- Juice Kalanchoe. Squeeze out the plant juice on a piece of bandage and apply to the affected areas of the body.
- A decoction of eucalyptus leaves should also be applied to the inflamed areas.
All popular recipes can be used only after the permission of the attending physician.
Why does it occur?
A child can only become infected by an adult.
Most often, thrush in children in the groin area occurs at a younger age. Thrush in newborns can be transmitted from the mother during childbirth. The infant's immune system is not yet strong enough to fight this disease. Candidiasis in children under one year is also transmitted through mom's milk. This disease also occurs in older children. In this case, the fungus is transmitted, if you wash children's things with things adults, through unwashed food and dirty hands. In addition, the disease can be caused by a violation of carbohydrate metabolism.
Symptoms of thrush in children in the genital area
Thrush of the genitals in boys is noticeable to the naked eye. On pisyule formed white, cheesy plaque that can not be erased. Ulcers form on the pis. The foreskin is inflamed. Thrush in girls on the genital lips also forms plaque. The baby's temperature rises to 37.5 C. The child experiences burning and itching. He is restless, does not sleep well. The greatest discomfort causes urination. Thrush looks unpleasant.
Treatment of candidiasis
As in adults, treatment depends on the stage and state of the immune system. Thrush can be treated in 2 ways:
- traditional medicine.
In addition, the treatment will be effective if you follow the diet. It is important to remove from the diet foods that promote reproduction of Candida. These include:
- bakery products (everything that contains yeast).
Oral thrush, that is, thrush in the mouth in children and newly born, is an infection of the oral mucosa. Antibiotics can lead to 2 variants of this disease: resistant thrush and recurrent (recurring).
On examination of the mucous membranes of the mouth, it is possible to detect "curd" consistency, sometimes in the form of tubercles on the tongue, gums, cheeks. When cleaning with a clean spatula, bleeding wounds form on the spot.
If you do not treat thrush, white patina will spread to the pharynx, lips and corners of the child’s mouth. The consequence of untreated candidiasis will be fungal tonsillitis, when the tonsils become inflamed and become white from plaque with white patches.
A child (who can already speak) complains of a burning sensation in the throat. Temperature, as a rule, does not increase.
As soon as immunity is reduced or antibacterial therapy is carried out, the fungi begin to multiply in the tender places of the skin.
In general, in case of skin lesions, folds in areas such as the groin, between the buttocks and near the anus, axillary, interdigital folds, breasts and backs are affected.
Thrush on the skin is manifested mainly in the roughness and dryness of the skin. At the initial stages you can find red dots with clear boundaries.
In the absence of treatment, bubbles develop, which, subsequently, can merge with the neighboring ones, forming a single focus of erosion.
Thrush can also spread to the mucous eyes, this causes swelling of the eyelids, and the eyes begin to constantly water. All manifestations of thrush on the skin are accompanied by severe itching.
When antibacterial therapy in the intestine is broken microflora. Beneficial microorganisms die and thrush develops. Particularly sensitive to antibiotics microflora of infants.
In this case, the child behaves restlessly due to abdominal pain, due to increased gas formation, his chair is broken. Also, children often refuse to eat and sleep poorly. You can find flakes in the stool.
Thrush in children in the groin area
More often, the thrush of the genital organs affects girls, since boys have different genital organs. In general, infants, girls of three and seven years old, adolescent girls are prone to these diseases.
Candidiasis of the genital organs in children is manifested in the same way - it is redness, itching, burning and white discharge of a “cheesy” character. Localization also depends on gender.
So, girls feel discomfort in the vagina and vulva, in boys thrush is found on the head of the penis, foreskin and scrotum. The causes of this manifestation of candidiasis can be the same antibiotics and impaired immune response.
What to do to prevent thrush for a child?
First, it is necessary even during pregnancy, before childbirth, to scan the vagina with drugs, which the doctor will prescribe.
Secondly, before each breastfeeding, the mother should wash her breast in order not to carry any infection to the tender mucous membrane of the child’s mouth. After each feeding, you need to give the baby some boiled water, in order to wash off the remnants of milk from the mouth.
Milk is a breeding ground for many infections. You should also rinse the baby’s mouth after regurgitation. During regurgitation, the acidic environment of the stomach can get into the oral cavity, such an environment contributes to the rapid development of thrush.
Thirdly, all nipples, bottles, dishes and toys of the baby must be sterilized. Moreover, the child should have an individual towel that needs to be changed 1-2 times a week.
Diapers change every 4-6 hours and more often arrange “air baths” so that the skin breathes and there is no diaper rash.
Fourthly, when taking antibiotics do not forget about the possibility of thrush, and from the first day of treatment for the underlying disease to apply inside probiotics (Bifidumbacterin, Lactobacterin, etc.).
How to make soda solution?
Soda solution is often used as a complex treatment of thrush. This is a folk remedy recognized by traditional medicine. This solution has no side effects and can be used for both adults and newborn babies.
Soda creates an alkaline environment that prevents the spread of the fungus.
Preparation of this solution does not take much time. It is enough to mix 1 teaspoon of soda and a glass of boiled water.
Soda solution is used to lubricate surfaces affected by thrush. With this solution, the newborn is removed plaque from the tonsils with oral thrush 3-4 times a day.
To do this, moisten the swab and smear them on the tonsils and mouth. Also, for thrush that has infected the mucous membrane of the mouth, babies can be given a nipple, after having first put it in soda solution. Older children rinse mouth with soda.
Soda solution is effective in both treatment and prophylaxis. Uncomplicated thrush in newborns, with such treatment, passes quickly.
How to replace soda solution?
Sodium tetraborate - the means possessing powerful antiseptic action. Sodium tetraborate is a solution in glycerin. It inhibits the development of fungus. Suitable for the treatment of thrush in babies, as it has almost no side effects when applied superficially to the skin and mucous membranes.
Tetraborate can also be used for douching girls in the vagina. In this procedure, leave the solution inside for 10 to 30 minutes for the best effect.
Holisal - peraparat with anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic action. Treatment of candidiasis in children is not complete without this remedy, since it significantly improves the condition of the child, reducing pain and burning.
It is impossible to list all the names of drugs from thrush, because there are a lot of them. And, nevertheless, sometimes this is not sufficient for treating thrush in children, because some have a number of contraindications (which also includes an age limit), others - too many side effects. Therefore, a special role in the treatment of candidiasis is traditional medicine.
Decoction of herbs
Broths of chamomile, grass and oak bark herbs are excellent in treating this disease in newborns. Swab moistened and applied to the site of injury 5-6 times a day. The method is good except for the fact that it can cause allergies in babies.
Honey is an excellent antiseptic and preservative. Honey smears the affected surface of the gums and tongue, raids on the tonsils. Contraindication is an allergic reaction. A good therapeutic effect gives the integrated use of herbs and honey. At the beginning of the mouth rinse with a decoction of herbs, and then smeared with honey.
30 grams of eucalyptus leaves brew in 200 ml of boiling water. The probability of recovery from thrush is very high. Already after the first rinsing of the mouth or vaginal douching, the discomfort - itching and burning, disappears. However, the treatment continues until full recovery and a couple of days after the symptoms disappear.
After six months, the child can lubricate the mouth cavity with carrot juice, and besides the therapeutic effect, it will also increase local immunity, which is important. Boiled turnip juice is no less useful in the fight against thrush. It can be mixed with honey and applied to the affected surface. Also, after six months, you can lubricate the oral mucosa, diluted with boiled water, juice of viburnum, sweetened with honey.
The treatment of candidiasis in children with concentrated solutions is unacceptable. You should always dilute them and enter the course of treatment gradually.
Any treatment of thrush should be complex (ingestion and treatment of affected areas). Before starting treatment, you should consult with your doctor.
The main complication of thrush in children is the spread of candidiasis to other organs and parts of the body, or the transition of acute thrush to chronic.
This therapy involves taking antimycotics that suppress the activity of fungi and cause their death. Preparations are used topically (gel, spray and ointment), inside (in the form of tablets and capsules). Выбор метода зависит от тяжести течения патологического процесса.
- Миконазол и их аналоги.
The choice of antimycotics is determined by the patient's age and the degree of development of the disease. Inside infants and children in the first years of life, antifungal agents are not prescribed, with the exception of generalized forms of the disease, a serious lesion in the groin with general intoxication. Then recommend Fluconalosis (after 4 years) or Itraconazole (with caution) or their analogues. For young children, the pediatrician may prescribe as a treatment the treatment of the skin with dyes:
- Brilliant greens.
- Methylene blue.
Genitals of the baby can be washed with soda solution in the ratio of 1 tsp to 200 ml of water.
In a child in infancy, candidiasis develops against the use of diapers, especially of low quality. At the time of treatment, it is desirable to replace them with tissue diapers, and even better to leave the baby with a bare ass, providing air access to the affected area.
If the baby is breastfed, the mother needs to harmonize her diet, do not eat sweets, take a limited amount of fermented milk products, saturate the menu with proteins, vegetables and fruits for which the baby does not have allergies (boiled and some fresh).
If the child is big enough and transferred to adult food, make sure that the sweet and carbohydrates in his menu were smaller, the diet was rich in vitamins and microelements.
Children of school age need to follow the rules of personal hygiene. It is important that they wear loose clothing made from natural fabrics that do not provoke allergies. Eat right. If there are diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine disorders, it is useful to begin to correct them.
The therapeutic course is designed for 1-2 weeks. But already from 3 days with well-chosen treatment significant improvements should be noticeable.
Candidiasis is a disease that is often accompanied by itching and redness. Treatment of thrush in children in the groin area also suggests a reduction in unpleasant symptoms. For these purposes, use:
- Antihistamines (reduce itching, swelling and redness).
- Probiotics, symbiotics that restore the intestinal microflora.
This therapy helps the child to more easily transfer the disease and accelerates the healing of tissues.
This part of the treatment includes medications and physical effects:
- Vitamin and mineral preparations.
- Means that stimulate the body's reactivity.
Vitamins and immunomodulators help not only in the fight against mycosis, but also save the child from frequent colds.
For babies, rubbing with cool water is suitable. For older children, in the summer period, air baths and running along cold-wetted rugs (rags, sheets) are good. For adolescents suitable contrast soul and douche.
Methods of traditional medicine
These methods are used in the mild form of the disease and only as ancillary measures. The use of any popular methods should be coordinated with the pediatrician.
Many herbs have antihistamine, antibiotic, anti-fungicidal activity and anti-inflammatory qualities. It is possible to use broths and infusions of herbs. Suitable for the treatment of baby skin:
- A succession.
- Birch leaves.
- Calendula (marigold).
- Eucalyptus leaves.
Decoctions and infusions can be used for washing or in the form of cool lotions. Children of the first month of life do not bathe in the decoctions of herbs. From 3 months, choose neutral herbs (chamomile, calendula, string), after a year you can use all of these tools.
Thrush (candidiasis) is one of the manifestations of the activity of yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida: as yet, weak immunity cannot cope with their intensive reproduction. There are several main factors contributing to the manifestation of thrush in a child's groin.
The reasons are as follows:
- Infants are most often infected by mother during childbirth, if she has not cured candidiasis. The risk of such infection from the medical staff of the maternity hospital is also not excluded.
- The use of common diapers, nipples, bottles or dishes, contact with sick children often leads to an accelerated division of fungi (a proven fact).
- Being in wet diapers and diapers creates an ideal environment for the development of pathogenic microflora, which includes milk disease.
- The presence of chronic or acute diseases and conditions leading to a decrease in immunity (dysbacteriosis, vitamin deficiency, diabetes mellitus, colds), as well as the developmental pathology of the child.
- Hormonal restructuring of the body can weaken the child’s immunity, and thus make it more vulnerable to candidiasis pathogens.
- Frequent consumption of sugary foods and drinks accelerates the division of yeast-like fungi, which, even with a minimal decrease in immunity, can lead to thrush.
- Taking antibiotics (applies to older children), which has a detrimental effect on the intestinal microflora, and are often the result of an immune failure.
Thrush in the groin area of a child most often results from uncropped symptoms of a fungal infection of the oral cavity, which, having developed, can affect the nails, skin, groin area, buttocks and internal organs. Therefore, it is very important to consult a doctor at the first suspicion of candidiasis - the treatment of a child can independently translate the disease into a steady chronic course.
In order not to miss the beginning of the development of candidiasis in the groin area in children, it is recommended to carefully examine the skin and mucous membranes after bathing.
Symptoms and signs
Often the beginning thrush causes no complaints, so the first symptom may go unnoticed by parents. However, by the time candidiasis affects the groin area, signs of the disease are visible to the naked eye.
Symptoms of candidiasis in the groin:
- itching, burning and severe discomfort,
- swelling of the vulva,
- redness, weeping spots with clear contours,
- small white-tipped rash in the inguinal folds, on the buttocks and lower abdomen,
- white plaque on the mucous membrane of the genital organs with a specific odor,
- white discharge, the consistency of cottage cheese, from the vagina or urethra.
It looks like candidosis in children in the groin. In addition, thrush can be accompanied by fever, moodiness, apathy, decreased appetite.
Treatment of thrush in a child's groin
To save the baby from candidiasis, to avoid further relapses, first of all, attention should be paid to the immunity of the “young patient”. Reception of vitamins, proper feeding and hygiene can help to forget about the disease for a long time.
For the treatment of thrush in a child in the groin, drugs are used for general and local treatment, as well as more benign, but less effective traditional treatment methods.
With a slight lesion of the skin by a fungus, there is a chance that the disease will be defeated using only local remedies.
In this case, the skin and mucous membranes of the child are recommended to be treated with solutions that have antifungal and disinfecting effect (Miramistin, Fukortsin), and apply antifungal ointments, which include cortisone, nystatin, imidazole derivatives (Miconazole, Econazole, Poliginax, Natamycin, Ketoconazazase, Kektokonazazazaz, ketoconazazase, and ketochoxazazone; Nistanin, Clotrimazole, Levorin, Terbinafine, Amphotericin B). Drugs and treatment regimens will vary depending on the severity of the condition and the age of the child.
Typically, the treatment of candidiasis in children in the groin takes from 5 to 10 days. It should be remembered that an unfamiliar drug may have a number of contraindications and cause unexpected side effects. Therefore, treatment of thrush should take place strictly under the supervision of a pediatrician, who will correctly prescribe medication, excluding the possible risks of complications.
Thus, it is undesirable to use a solution of sodium tetraborate that has a toxic effect (up to 1 year) and Fluconazole, recommended for use after 18 years, in the treatment of Zelenka solution, which dries the delicate skin of a child.
In the case when the disease has entered a middle or late stage, the child is prescribed systemic treatment. Narrowly directed antifungal therapy is much more preferable in this case, since complex means negatively affect the intestinal microflora and stomach. In parallel with antifungal drugs prescribed probiotics, vitamins of group B, and vitamin C, as well as other drugs that increase immunity.
If the use of medications is undesirable (allergic reactions, age up to 6 months), treatment with folk remedies will come to the rescue, which in rare cases can be harmful.
Causes of candidiasis in children of different ages
The main cause of candidiasis in infants is the acquisition of infection during birth. Future mothers who have never come across thrush before, during pregnancy, are sure to hear about it. The disease may not manifest itself in full force, but tests show the presence of Candida Albicans in the vagina. The active growth of pathogenic flora inhibits the immune system. Hormonal fluctuations and a decrease in the protective functions of the body become the root causes of the increase in the level of pathogenic flora. Often a woman refuses treatment for thrush, because the disease does not cause her discomfort. In addition, there is a fear that the prescribed medication may harm the baby. During natural childbirth, the patient transmits the causative agent to her child. Thrush in children can begin immediately after birth, or the fungi are asymptomatic in the body, waiting for a suitable period for activation.
Candidiasis in a child in the groin area occurs due to a decrease in the protective functions of the body. Also, the disease is activated with prolonged use of antibiotics or chemotherapy. Any medical intervention in the body of a baby, contributing to a decrease in immune protection (for example, surgical treatment), provokes candidiasis. Pathology develops when personal hygiene is not observed. Infants enter the risk zone due to the constant wearing of diapers. Especially negative impact homemade, wadded and reusable hygiene products.
The cause of the development of thrush in young children is the imperfection of the immune system. Prolonged breastfeeding provides sustained protection and saturation of the body with maternal antibodies and immunoglobulins. The refusal of natural feeding and the transfer of the baby to artificial nutrition becomes a prerequisite for the exacerbation of candidiasis.
Which doctor to contact?
If parents found thrush in children in the groin area, treatment must be carried out. Therapeutic measures, medicines and schemes for their use should be applied as prescribed by a physician. If pathology is detected, the child should be shown to the pediatrician. The doctor will prescribe tests, and after receiving the results will select the effective course. If the thrush in the groin appeared in girls, you can contact a gynecologist. A teenage girl should definitely be shown to this doctor to rule out a genital infection. Laboratory tests of smears and scrapings will determine not only the causative agent of the disease, but also determine its sensitivity to certain medicines.
The effectiveness of prescribed therapy plays an important role in the differentiation of the disease. Parents are often confused with pharynx, an allergic rash in the groin and diaper dermatitis with candidiasis. For this reason, the treatment is ineffective.
Features of treatment
When a thrush in the groin was confirmed, the doctor tells how to treat it. Modern medicines can quickly eliminate the symptoms of pathology and reduce the quantitative growth of pathogenic flora. Therapeutic interventions can be traditional and nontraditional. The latter are often used by parents on their own, on the advice of seasoned acquaintances and grandmothers.
Doctors have always warned that the use of folk remedies for children can be dangerous. It is especially undesirable to give homemade medicine inside. The result of this therapy can be a strong allergic reaction.
In the appointment of a drug should take into account the age of the child and his individual characteristics.
The classic drug treatment is to achieve the following goals:
- cleansing and disinfection of the skin affected by candidiasis,
- elimination of pathogenic flora and reduction of fungal colonies,
- healing of damaged and injured areas,
- restoration of natural microflora,
- improving the immunity and protective functions of the skin with mucous membranes.
Preparations for babies and newborns
The defeat of the groin area with Candida Albicans in children under one year old is treated mainly by local means. Internal use of drugs is inappropriate and often causes adverse reactions. With extensive damage and penetration of the pathogen into other zones (oral cavity, nails, intestines), the doctor may prescribe an injection of fluconazole-based drugs (Diflucan, Mikosist, Flucostat). The following ointments and creams are used to suppress the growth of pathogenic bacteria:
- Pimafucin (Natamycin) is applied to the inguinal folds and mucous membrane twice a day,
- Nystatin, applied 1-2 times a day, treatment should not exceed two weeks,
- Miconazole, applied twice a day until the symptoms of the disease disappear (under strict medical supervision),
- Zalain (Sertaconazole), applied in the morning and evening with a small capture of healthy skin (not suitable for vaginal use, caution should be exercised).
All outer creamy substances should be applied with a sterile swab or clean hands. After treatment, wash your hands to avoid spreading the infection. Before applying ointments, clean the affected areas. Use for this purpose alkaline soap is strictly prohibited. It is necessary to wash the child with soft soap solutions with neutral rn. After that, an antiseptic is applied: Miramistin or Chlorhexidine. These drugs are safe and can be used from the first days of life. The uniqueness of the antiseptic means is the ability of the agent to cope not only with fungi, but also to destroy viruses and bacteria.
Thrush in the groin of children of the first year of life is accompanied by careful personal hygiene. You need more time to take air baths and be without a diaper. It is forbidden to leave the child in wet diapers, as this environment even more irritates the damaged skin and creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of fungi.
Preparations for teens
Treatment of candidiasis in older children provides more opportunities for the use of drugs. Children are given oral medications and ointments for topical treatment. Rules for the use of antiseptic solutions before applying antifungal medication is also stored for these age groups. Among the list of drugs for internal use is selected no more than two of the following:
- Nystatin - take 3-4 times a day, until the symptoms of thrush disappear,
- Diflucan, Flucostat - used once in a high dosage or taken during the week in a low,
- Amphoglucamine - taken twice a day, therapy lasts for 3-4 weeks.
Girls who are already 16 years old are prescribed vaginal suppositories (Pimafucin, Klion-D). Treatment of the skin and mucous surfaces of the groin area is carried out with the following preparations: Terbinafine, Exoderil, Miconazole, Ketoconazole and others.
In order to increase the body's resistance, immunomodulators (Interferon, Licopid) and vitamin complexes are recommended. Personal hygiene and wearing cotton underwear is imperative in the treatment of candidiasis.
Thrush in the groin of children passes quickly enough, if you strictly follow the doctor's prescription. Concomitant home therapy involves the following actions:
- personal hygiene (should be washed off frequently, but without the use of soap),
- underwear must be made of natural breathable fabrics,
- dieting (at the time of treatment, smoked and spicy foods, fast carbohydrates and sweets are excluded),
- psychological rest (exclusion of stress, proper rest and good sleep accelerate recovery and increase body resistance).
For washing and irrigation of the genital tract, you can use non-concentrated herbal teas (chamomile, sage and calendula). Soda solution destroys the acidic environment, alkalizing the skin. This contributes to the creation of conditions that are not suitable for the reproduction of fungi. To improve immunity and the growth of colonies of lactobacilli, it is necessary to eat sour-milk food rich in good bacteria.
Simple prevention will allow to avoid the recurrence of candidiasis, which often occurs in children with the slightest cold. Для грудных детей необходимо использовать дышащие подгузники, а при их наполнении сразу переодевать. Нужно следить за тем, чтобы кожа младенца была сухой и на ней не возникало раздражений. После водных процедур насухо вытирать паховые складки.To dry the delicate skin of the baby, you can use powders or starch, if there are no contraindications. Modern cosmetology offers a variety of creams for the care of the intimate area of the baby when using a diaper.
Using an individual bath for a small child will reduce the risk of infection from adult family members.
Regular walks, good nutrition, prolonged breastfeeding and the exclusion of contact with sick children is the key to good health and strong immunity of the child.