In the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract is currently used special devices - nebulizers. They are successfully used both in hospitals and at home.
With the help of these devices, medications are delivered directly to the mucous membrane of the patient's body (nasopharynx, trachea, bronchi, and alveoli of the lungs), which ensures their high efficiency, rapid onset of therapeutic effects, reduction of the likelihood of adverse reactions and economical dosing. In the nebulizer chamber, regardless of the type, the liquid solution with the drug is transformed into a finely dispersed state, resembling steam, or rather fog (hence the name from the Latin "nebula").
Depending on the size of the particles formed, it is possible to affect different parts of the respiratory system: larger particles (from 10 μm and more) exert their therapeutic effect on the naso-oropharynx, the smallest (from 0.5 to 2 μm) - on the final bronchial branches and alveoli of the lungs. The medicinal substance can be supplied in a continuous stream or only during inhalation, which is regulated automatically, or by pressing the patient on a special valve of the nebulizer chamber. The drug is placed in the nebulizer chamber, which is usually diluted with saline to the desired volume.
The nebulizer equipment includes a breathing mask and a mouthpiece. The mask is most convenient for children and in the treatment of diseases of the nasopharynx. Compressor nebulizers require connection to the electrical network, ultrasonic and mesh nebulizers operate on batteries and can also be connected to the network via an adapter.
Nebulizer: device for inhalation, principle of operation, recommendations for the use of inhaler
Nebulizer is a medical device designed for inhalation. It provides dispersed spraying of the liquid preparation placed in the reservoir. The drug during the work is converted into an aerosol with a certain particle size.
Many of us remember the times when, when coughing, we had to resort to the “grandmother’s method”, inhaling steam above a saucepan with boiling water or boiled potatoes. This method of inhalation is unsafe, because there is always the likelihood of burns of the skin and mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract. In addition, it was quite problematic to treat in this way young children, for whom this procedure became a real punishment. Fortunately, now there is an opportunity to purchase a high-quality and completely safe inhaler-nebulizer for home use.
Nowadays, inhalations with the help of nebulizer systems are an integral part of the complex therapy of a number of acute and chronic pathologies of the organs of the human respiratory system.
For a large number of patients suffering from chronic diseases of the respiratory tract, the use of a nebulizer is literally a vital necessity.
Devices with a similar principle of operation were invented in the middle of the XIX century. In the first nebulizers, the pressure was provided using a hand pump, and in steam driven inhalers, the so-called. "Venturi effect".
The Venturi effect is understood as the creation of a zone of reduced pressure during the supply of gas (air) or liquid through a narrowed section of a pipe. Low pressure ensures the suction of fluid from the reservoir, which is then mixed in the nebulizer body with air, transforming into an aerosol.
Sprayers with electric compressors were patented in 1930, and ultrasonic nebulizers appeared three decades later.
Indications for inhalation using a nebulizer
Indications for inhalation using a nebulizer are various diseases of the respiratory system organs.
The main indications include:
- respiratory diseases accompanied by cough (ARVI),
- acute and chronic bronchitis,
- bronchial asthma,
- cystic fibrosis,
- diseases of the nervous system (sleep disorders, asthenia, depression),
- endocrine pathologies (diabetes, obesity),
- some allergies,
Nebulizers are designed to perform the following tasks:
- remove spasms of the bronchi,
- to reorganize different parts of the respiratory system,
- removal of edema of the bronchi of the trachea and larynx,
- increase the drainage of mucus from the bronchi and lungs,
- reduce the inflammatory process
- improve local immune processes
- deliver the drug to the alveoli of the lungs,
- normalize microcirculation in the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx,
- protect the body from exposure to allergens.
Types of nebulizers: which one is better?
According to the principle of action (spray method) inhalers are divided into:
- steam inhalers that can regulate the intensity of steam supply and its adjustment,
- nebulizer compressor inhalers,
- ultrasonic nebulizers, nebulizers,
- electronic mesh inhalers-nebulizers (they are also called mesh, membrane or mesh – inhalers).
All devices can also be divided into portable and stationary. The most compact and lightweight models with batteries or rechargeable batteries can be carried in a purse, which is very important for patients with asthma and some other serious illnesses, since they require regular inhalations to prevent or stop another attack. The size and weight of nebulizers for use in the home are also small.
There are stationary inhalers, which are installed in the treatment rooms of medical institutions.
In innovative devices, a special system of inhalation-exhalation valves is provided, which makes it possible to use the drug as carefully as possible. There are nebulizers for the continuous supply of an aerosol and a device with an interrupter activated by a special button (pressed only on inspiration).
Benefits of treatment with nebulizer inhalation
Treatment using compressor nebulizers, ultrasound devices and mech inhalers has a number of undeniable advantages, including:
- the ability to use for the treatment of people of any age categories - from newborns to the elderly,
- rendering direct influence on the mucous membranes of the respiratory organs,
- the possibility of strict dosing of the drug,
- the speed of absorption of the drug in the form of an aerosol,
- high rate of development of the expected therapeutic effect,
- the ability to adjust the size of aerosol particles, providing "targeted" drug delivery to the upper, middle or lower parts of the respiratory system,
- almost complete absence of side effects
- lack of systemic effects of the drug,
- the convenience of use.
How to choose a nebulizer?
On sale there are many different devices for inhalation. So how to choose a nebulizer that suits you best?
First of all: do not chase the inhalers of a particular well-known company, choose an inhaler that meets your requirements.
In that case, if you intend to use the nebulizer at home, you can opt for a device that runs on a standard AC network. If you need to constantly carry the device with you or take them on long journeys, then you need an ultrasonic portable model on batteries or rechargeable batteries.
It is also necessary to consider which drugs are supposed to be used for inhalation.
These are the simplest and most inexpensive inhalers that form hot steam from a medicinal solution containing herbal infusions and decoctions, essential oils, and pharmaceuticals. They do well in treating colds and inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory system and cosmetic problems. With their help, you can strengthen the endocrine, urogenital, nervous, immune systems, cleanse the pores of the skin, improve blood circulation in the tissues.
Modern steam inhalers are able to regulate the temperature of the supplied steam and its intensity. But they cannot be used in cases when the temperature of the patient is above 37.5 ° C. Moreover, when heated, many medicinal substances lose their properties, which somewhat reduces the effectiveness of the procedure. And when using steam inhalers for treating children, there remains the risk of "lowering" the infection in more distant parts of the respiratory system.
Note:None of the steam inhaler is able to carry the drug to the bronchioles and alveoli.
Compressor devices consist of an electric compressor that supplies high-pressure air, the nebulizer itself, which converts a liquid drug into an aerosol, and a mask for inhalation (a mouthpiece can be used instead).
Compressor models spray particles of minimal size and provide for “delivery” of the drug to all parts of the respiratory system.
They are best suited for those who often suffer from colds, as well as patients with bronchitis, bronchial asthma and bronchiectasis. The price for this type of model is relatively small. Compressor nebulizers are very reliable and great for home use. This is the most appropriate option inhaler for children of any age, including newborns.
For the treatment of expensive drugs and drugs that require accurate dosage, nebulizer models that are automatically activated during inhalation can be selected. In other cases, suitable compression inhalers, run with a valve.
The disadvantages of such devices are quite solid dimensions, as well as a significant level of noise that accompanies the work of nebulizers. In addition, with their help it is impossible to carry out inhalation in the supine position.
Nebulizer is a device for inhalation. The principle of operation of the device is based on the dispersion of the inhaled medicinal solution. Inhalations are used in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
Do I need a nebulizer? When is it effective? To answer these questions, you need to familiarize yourself with its principles of operation and purpose.
What is a nebulizer for?
The device delivers the drug to the lesion. The solution obtained by diluting the drug with 0.9% NaCl is poured into the nebulizer tank. To the drug covered the maximum area of the mucous membrane of the trachea and bronchi, it is transformed into a state of aerosol.
Depending on the goal pursued by the therapy of a disease, and the type of active ingredient in the solution, nebulizer inhalation can have a number of effects:
- improved sputum discharge
- expansion of the bronchi, including the relief of spasm,
- the abatement of the inflammatory process,
- removal of mucosal edema,
- drug delivery to respiratory departments with minimal losses.
Indications and contraindications
You can use the nebulizer for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. The "point of application" of the apparatus is the upper and lower airways. The list of main indications includes:
- ARVI with concomitant cough,
- diseases accompanied by atrophy and dryness of the nasopharyngeal mucosa,
- bronchial asthma,
- respiratory tuberculosis (according to the individual recommendation of a doctor),
- cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease with damage to the external secretion glands and, as a result, the formation of thick, viscous sputum.
Despite the safety of use, inhalation with a nebulizer is not allowed in all cases. Contraindications include:
- bleeding and increased risk of its occurrence,
- destruction of the upper respiratory tract mucosa in a wide area,
- severe functional failure of the cardiovascular and urinary systems,
- idiosyncrasy of certain aerosols,
- total exhaustion.
Developed several types of nebulizers. By type of work, they all belong to the types of inhalers. The main difference between the devices from each other lies in the mechanism of spraying fluid.
According to the principle of the steam inhaler can not be considered a nebulizer. The main difference is that drug delivery is carried out by inhalation of the vapor of the heated solution. In the nebulizer, the drug does not evaporate, but is split into small particles regardless of temperature. Steam inhalers have a limited range of indications. This is due to the spread of the drug only in the upper respiratory tract.
The advantages and disadvantages of the device
Using a nebulizer as a device for inhalation has gained popularity. This is due to the positive aspects common to all types of devices:
- lack of strict age restrictions
- low probability of side effects on organs and systems
- the rapid action of the nebulized drug due to the acceleration of its absorption,
- simple rules of operation.
Different models have individual pros and cons. So, for example, compression nebulizers are relatively inexpensive, allow you to adjust the size of the sprayed particles. Their main disadvantage is noisy work that can frighten a child. The inconvenience can also be caused by the fact that the compressor model works only from the network.
Ultrasonic devices, on the contrary, almost do not make noise, they are not contraindicated for children up to a year. Inhalations with such a nebulizer can be done outside the home: the device is battery powered. The main disadvantage is the destructive effect on some drugs. Medicinal effect can lose phlegm-thinning substances, hormones, antibacterial agents.
Electronic mesh devices are silent, do not cause the destruction of active substances. For such an inhaler-nebulizer, the location is not important: the procedure can be performed at any angle of inclination of the chamber, which is especially important when treating, for example, infants or adult paralyzed patients. The disadvantage of the device is relatively high cost.
What tools are allowed to use
Permissible solutions depend on the type of nebulizer. On all types of devices can be carried out inhalation with mineral water. For this fit:
To expand the bronchi use solutions containing bronchodilators. The most common representatives allowed for all types of nebulizers:
Means that dilute sputum (mucolytics), as well as immunomodulators can be poured only into compression and mesh devices. Examples of drugs:
- Ambroxol-based inhalation solutions (Lasolvan, Ambrohexal),
- Leukocyte human interferon (used for the prevention of acute viral diseases).
The use of antibiotics, hormones and antiseptics is also permissible only with the help of compression and electro-mesh devices. Representatives of drugs:
- solutions based on the steroid hormone budesonide (Pulmicort, Budenit Steri-neb),
- combined means (Fluimucil-antibiotic IT).
What means are prohibited
For nebulizer inhaler, solutions containing oils are not suitable. Manipulations with these drugs can lead to pneumonia. For safe treatment with oil solutions, breathe better through steam inhalers.
It does not make sense to use drugs that do not affect the mucous membrane. It is strictly forbidden to make solutions based on crushed tablets and syrups. Do not pour broths or infusions cooked at home into the reservoir (the nebulizer may break).
Model selection rules
The effectiveness of inhalation depends to a large extent on the technical characteristics of the nebulizer purchased. When buying, it is recommended to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Type of nebulizer. One is chosen that allows the use of medications necessary for a particular therapy.
- Compressor chamber. It determines how much of the drug will be delivered to the respiratory system, and how much will be lost in the environment. The camera is activated by inhalation, several times higher than the direct-flow in efficiency.
- Performance. The indicator indicates the amount of aerosol produced per minute. With high performance, the procedure will take less time.
- The duration of the compressor. The higher the rate, the more often you can inhale.
- The way to handle the camera nebulizer. The best option for home inhalation - the possibility of cleaning by boiling.
- Residual volume It is the volume of a medicinal solution not converted into an aerosol.
How to use a nebulizer
In order to use the nebulizer inhaler efficiently and safely, the following rules should be observed:
- The exact amount of the drug per inhalation is specified in the instructions for use. The volume is brought, as a rule, to 3–6 ml with saline. Do not use distilled, boiled water.
- Резервуар закрывается после его заправки. A mask or mouthpiece is connected to it, and a compressor is connected with the help of an airway tube.
- It is important to breathe correctly. Inhale and exhale should be calm, deeply and intensively this should not be done, as you can cough. The duration of the procedure, on average, is 10-15 minutes.
- After use, the components are disconnected and washed with hot water and a mild detergent. Some details (indicated in the instructions for a particular model) should be boiled with water.
The use of a nebulizer makes life easier during respiratory diseases. The optimal effect consists of the correct selection of the desired model of the device and compliance with the recommendations for use.
To prevent errors, it is advisable to contact your doctor. He will exclude the presence of contraindications, tell you what type of nebulizer is needed, will give explanations about the preparation and features of the use of medicinal solutions.
Algorithm of work with the nebulizer
It is important to have information on how to properly inhale and use the device. We offer you a step by step algorithm for working with a nebulizer:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Assemble the device according to the instructions. In the basic configuration there is a compressor, a cup for medication, a face mask or mouthpiece, connecting tubes. Connect components, do not forget to check the air filter.
- Prepare the medicine. It is recommended to use pharmacy medicine packaged in disposable nebulas. If the drug is diluted independently, then a 0.9% NaCl solution is taken. The substance from the ampoule / vial using a sterile syringe is diluted with saline to a volume of 4 ml.
- Pour the prepared medicinal mixture into the container, attach it (the cup) to the nebulizer tube, wearing a mask on top that matches the patient's size. The use of the mouthpiece is allowed (especially for adult patients).
- Turn on the device, ensuring that the medicinal product is in a strictly upright position.
- Carry out inhalation until the steam stops coming out. On average, the session lasts about 10 minutes.
- Wait for the device to cool down completely; wash the components in warm boiled water. Dry the device, put it in the package.
Main nebulizer inhalation rules presented in the instructions for use attached to the package.
Features of use in children
The main rule of using a nebulizer for children is a preliminary consultation with a local pediatrician. Only a doctor can prescribe a drug, correctly calculating its dosage. Self-medication is unacceptable.
Neonatologists recommend inhaling even babies. The indications for the procedure are for colds, cough, runny nose, as well as in the presence of neonatal distress syndrome, provoked by the insufficient content of surfactant.
Before the procedure, an older child (from 6 months or more) may experience fear, because the technique produces a pronounced noise. Now produce nebulizers in the form of toys. Before the procedure, provide an opportunity to get acquainted with the device, play, which will relieve from subsequent problems. The first few sessions can go wrong, as it should be, over time, the child will get used, calm down, breathe correctly. The benefits will be substantial.
There are a number of contraindications for inhalation of children:
- propensity for bleeding from the nose or lungs,
- sore throat, accompanied by purulent bloom,
- the presence of pathologies of the cardiovascular system, respiratory organs,
- anxiety, irritability of the child,
- temperature rise to febrile values.
Do not use mineral water or drugs, which are based on oil.
If the following signs appear during the session: pain in the sternum, asphyxiation, dizziness or fainting - you must immediately call the ambulance team.
Features of use in adults
Experts draw the attention of patients to a number of important nuances that should be considered when using a nebulizer:
- Inhalation should be done within 1 - 1.5 hours after eating or playing sports,
- it is forbidden to take expectorants, gargle before a session,
- you can not smoke two hours before the procedure, as well as 2 hours later,
- keep calm, do not move during inhalation,
- free your neck from breathing problems
- the mask should fit snugly to the face, which contributes to a deeper penetration of the drug,
- at the end of the session, it is necessary to rinse the throat with warm water, children should drink a small amount of liquid (better than drinking water).
In the absence of a nozzle for the nose, inhalation of medicinal vapor is carried out only through the oral cavity. Adults should breathe properly: hold your breath for 2-3 seconds, then breathe out.
Inhalation session should not exceed 10 minutes. Therapeutic course is usually 8 - 15 sessions.
Nebulizer Care Rules
Do you like to ride, love and sleigh to haul - this famous saying also applies to the rules of operation of the inhaler. Take advantage of the device, then please bring it into proper form.
After each operation, the inhaler should be thoroughly washed, and disinfection 1-2 times a month. If the device is used by different persons, it is more often that harmful microorganisms do not spread inside the small parts of the device.
The nebulizer cleaning technique involves the following actions:
- wash your hands with soap and water,
- disassemble the inhaler into parts - usually it is a mask / mouthpiece, tube, spray,
- wash thoroughly (within a minute) the components in warm water (the main unit cannot be washed, it is enough to wipe it with a damp cloth),
- put the washed parts on a dry towel, wait until it is completely dry,
- remove dried parts in a package.
It is recommended to disinfect the device after every third operation or after long non-use. It is enough to boil the nebulizer, that is, subjected to heat treatment. The average sterilization time is 10 minutes. Before boiling, make sure that the device can be processed in this way (this is indicated in the instructions).
Store the inhaler wrapped in a clean, dry cotton napkin. It is recommended to assemble the device immediately before the procedure.
With a cold
Apply solutions for inhalation Sinupret, Epinephrine and Naphthyzinum. More effective are Rotokan, Asterisk and Pinosol.
Dilute the remedy in saline in the proportion prescribed by the doctor. The event is allowed to hold up to 4 times a day. Use of solution of Sodium Chloride in volume of 4 ml is allowed. Before using the device, the nebulizer tube should be treated with Chlorhexidine.
With bronchitis and dry cough
It is recommended to use expectorant drugs (better - Mukaltin or Lasolvan). The latter must be mixed with saline in the same proportions. With increased coughing and diagnosing chronic obstructive bronchitis, Berodual is prescribed.
With this pathology used vasoconstrictor drugs. An excellent option is considered inhalation with dexane, diluted in saline. It is necessary to conduct them three times a day.
At a temperature
The use of a nebulizer should be abandoned when the body temperature is above 37.5 degrees. However, cases of its use on the recommendation of a doctor are not excluded These include exacerbation of the disease - false croup or bronchospasm, when it is necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the prescribed therapy.
For the treatment of asthma need drugs, expanding the bronchi. The most common are Salbutamol, Eufillin and Berotek. If necessary, prescribed hormones Hydrocortisone, Prednisone.
How to make inhalation without a nebulizer
Inhalation can be done without using a nebulizer. Any suitable means will do: pot with boiled potatoes and others. The inhaler can be made independently. This will require a teapot. A funnel is glued from dense material and placed in the spout. A means is added to the container to begin with, and then water. A self-made inhalation kettle works just as well as a factory device.
When performing should take into account the temperature regime. The wet procedure is carried out when the water is heated to 30 ° C, the moist heat is up to 40 ° C, the steam one is from 45 ° C and more.
For the treatment of young children should be carried out carefully to prevent burns of the respiratory tract.
Certain time is allotted for the session. An adult patient needs only 3 minutes, and a child starts from one minute, then gradually increases the time if necessary.
The mixture should be prepared immediately before the session. To avoid possible burns, face should be at a distance. The patient should be covered with a towel. The positive effect is achieved after 5-7 days.
Nebulizer is a safe device that effectively eliminates the pathologies of the respiratory system. They are convenient and easy to use for adults and children. Before you start using the inhaler, you must always consult with your doctor, strictly follow his recommendations, operate the device in accordance with the instructions.
Ultrasonic devices disperse drug solutions under the action of the generated high-frequency sound waves. Models of this type are capable of spraying drug particles, the size of which can vary.
These devices are small and work almost silently, ideal for children, because allow you to carry out procedures in the form of a game.
The downside is the inability to use nebulizers of this type for spraying oil solutions, as well as mucolytic, antibacterial and hormonal drugs. In addition, to work with such an inhaler, it is often necessary to purchase special cups of drugs, gels, and these are additional costs.
The most versatile are electronic mesh models. They can disperse particles of variable size and do not create any noise in the process. The splitting of a liquid medicine into the smallest drops is carried out due to the vibrations of a special perforated membrane.
Mash inhalers are great for treating children and patients with limited mobility, as they can work at any angle of inclination of the camera. The disadvantage of the electronic-mesh nebulizers is their relatively high cost and the need for strict adherence to all rules of operation.
Due to the smallest size of aerosol particles, the drug freely enters all parts of the respiratory system and is absorbed almost instantly.
How to use the inhaler is described in detail in the instructions attached to each device. If additional questions arise, you should ask their doctor.
Surgical causes of lower abdominal pain
- Allergology (29)
- Venereology (42)
- Gastroenterology (110)
- Hematology (55)
- Gynecology (122)
- Dermatology (109)
- Diagnostics (121)
- Immunology (1)
- Infectious Diseases (131)
- Infographics (1)
- Cardiology (50)
- Cosmetology (178)
- Mammology (7)
- Mother and child (161)
- Medications (203)
- Neurology (109)
- Emergency Conditions (75)
- Nephrology (57)
- Oncology (55)
- Orthopedics and Traumatology (100)
- Otolaryngology (55)
- Ophthalmology (37)
- Parasitology (31)
- Pediatrics (173)
- Catering (378)
- Plastic surgery (8)
- Useful Information (1)
- Proctology (51)
- Psychiatry (64)
- Psychology (22)
- Pulmonology (48)
- Rheumatology (28)
- Sexology (11)
- Dentistry (39)
- Therapy (92)
- Urology and Andrology (149)
- Herbal Medicine (20)
- Phlebology (5)
- Surgery (87)
- Endocrinology (93)
Information is provided for informational purposes only. Do not self-medicate. At the first sign of disease, consult a doctor. There are contraindications, consultation of the doctor is necessary. The site may contain prohibited content for persons under 18 years of age.
When treating the respiratory system, doctors sometimes advise to resort to inhalation. If you suffer from bronchial asthma, this procedure is vital. Currently, inhalation using a blanket and saucepan with decoction is no longer relevant. There is a device that will make this process easy and burdensome, even for infants, this is a nebulizer. What is it and how to choose it correctly, consider next.
The name of the device speaks for itself: “nebula” - it means fog or a cloud. A nebulizer turns a drug or mineral water into a kind of mist, which is inhaled through a mask or mouthpiece. This is the principle of its work.
In this way, drugs can penetrate the most distant parts of the respiratory system. A nebulizer is an inhaler, but it acts much more efficiently than regular inhalations. And the procedure is less troublesome.
Using a nebulizer is primarily to help yourself in the treatment of the following diseases:
- ORZ upper respiratory tract.
- Chronic lung disease, pneumonia.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Tuberculosis of the lungs and bronchi.
- As prevention of various complications after surgery on the organs of the respiratory system.
- Emphysema, cystic fibrosis.
Be sure to pay attention to contraindications to the use of a nebulizer, and there are also:
- Pulmonary bleeding.
- Disorders of the heart muscle.
- Spontaneous pneumothorax on the background of bullous emphysema of the lungs.
- Allergic reaction to used drugs in the nebulizer.
Use a nebulizer - this is to help the body, and not to harm, be careful. If you use the device correctly, the positive effect will not take long.
Currently, there are portable nebulizers for home use and stationary, which are used in medical institutions.
These devices have differences in the principle of converting a drug into steam. So? they are:
- Electron-mesh or membrane.
And now let's take a closer look at all types of nebulizers.
Nebulizer compressor - it is also called the jet. The principle of operation is as follows: the drug is converted into steam by passing air through it under high pressure.
Compressor nebulizers are also of several types:
- Compressor nebulizers with a constant speed of dispersion of particles.
- Adjustable, having a breath key.
- Automatically activated by breathing.
- Dosimetric nebulizers.
Disadvantages of the compressor nebulizer:
- Very noisy during operation, which can cause inconvenience.
- It can not be used without connecting to the electrical network, and therefore can not be taken on the road.
Positive aspects should also be noted:
- The size of particles of the sprayed substance is regulated.
- You can use mineral water, hormones, antibiotics.
- Not very high price.
Ultrasonic nebulizers are more advanced. Such devices convert the drug into steam due to ultrasonic vibrations.
- Do not adjust your breathing.
- Can be used in any position.
- The medicinal substance penetrates even into the alveoli.
- Not very noisy.
- Relatively low cost.
- Can be used in the treatment of children under 1 year.
Disadvantages of ultrasonic nebulizers:
- Not all drugs can be used.
- You can not adjust the size of the sprayed particles.
Membrane nebulizers or mesh nebulizers. The principle of their operation is as follows: the medicinal substance is forced through the mesh membrane using 180 kHz ultrasound.
- No noise.
- The possibility of using any drug.
- Works both on batteries, and from an electric network.
- A large number of nozzles.
The disadvantage, perhaps, can be identified only one: the high cost.
If the nebulizer is purchased independently, the instruction should be carefully studied. You need to know which drugs can be used and which are not. Talk about this further.
For carrying out nebulizer therapy, it is allowed to use only specially designed drugs. Before use, they must be heated to room temperature. You can also use high quality mineral water brands such as "Borjomi", "Narzan". Before using mineral water, it is necessary that carbon dioxide does not remain in it, so you must release it in advance by opening the bottle.
Nebulizers use primarily bronchodilator drugs. They are such as Atrovent, Salbutamol, Berotek, Berodual.
Such solutions are possible for use in a nebulizer of any kind.
Hormonal preparations, antiseptics and antibiotics can only be used in compressor and mesh nebulizers. Among them are most often used:
Also, mucolytics, immunomodulatory and many others are used only in compressor nebulizers and membrane nebulizers. Here are some of them:
Стоит сказать, что такие средства, как минеральная вода и физиологический раствор, подойдут для использования в небулайзере любого вида.
В любом случае без консультации врача нельзя использовать какой-либо лекарственный препарат для проведения небулайзерной терапии. Допускается применение минеральной воды или физиологического раствора.
What is strictly prohibited to use in nebulizers:
2. Means in which there are essential oils. For the lungs, such therapy is dangerous. This can also cause a breakdown of the nebulizer.
3. Homemade decoctions, infusions. It is not possible to adjust the dose of the contained drug in the broth or tincture. You can cause a breakdown of the nebulizer.
4. It is forbidden to use drugs that are not intended for nebulizer therapy. It is unacceptable to apply the crushed tablets, as well as syrups. Failures in this case can not be avoided.
It is very important when choosing a nebulizer, to know which diseases you will need inhalation.
Versatile is the compressor nebulizer. We have familiarized with its positive and negative sides earlier. If it suits you, you should clarify some of its parameters:
- Maximum work time.
- View camera for inhalation.
- Processing method.
More detailed data on the operation of the compressor nebulizer are contained in its technical passport. It is possible to find out about the volume of the drug, about the possible size of the sprayed particles. What else you need to know when buying, you can consult a doctor.
I would also like to note that if you need a nebulizer for the treatment of bronchial asthma or chronic pulmonary diseases, then you should not consider buying an ultrasound machine. Its positive and negative sides were discussed earlier.
Even when choosing, you need to focus on the size, noise and type of device.
Matters the manufacturer. For example, the popular OMRON nebulizer of the Japanese manufacturer, the Mikrolife NEB 10A nebulizer, manufacturer Switzerland.
Our children often catch a cold, and a large number of babies suffer from asthma attacks. Nebulizer in such situations - just salvation. It will ease the breathing of the child, help relieve an attack.
How to choose a children's nebulizer? Take a look at some tips:
- Choose a nebulizer in the form of a toy to interest the baby.
- It is advisable to opt for a small silent version.
- It is very convenient to use compact mesh nebulizers, especially for relieving asthma attacks when the child lies in bed or is out of the house.
- If the child is exposed to frequent colds, stop the choice on an ultrasonic nebulizer.
- Acquire the device, explaining to your child that this is a good nebulizer doctor.
- Before buying it is best to consult your doctor what kind of nebulizer is needed.
Choosing a children's nebulizer, you can pay attention to the products of the company "Little Doctor". They have an original baby decoration. For example, the model B.WellWN-115K in the form of a children's toy.
Another reason to buy a nebulizer for a child: it can replace the procedure of taking bitter and tasteless medicines that is unpleasant for children. Nebulizer therapy is much more effective as the drug penetrates into the most distant parts of the respiratory organs. The child breathes and is treated. And if the nebulizer is in the form of a toy, it will do this procedure with pleasure.
Consider some popular models of nebulizers.
So, the Omron nebulizer is popular. It is produced in Japan. These devices come in several markings.
The c28 nebulizer is compressor and works noisy, has large dimensions and weighs about 2 kg. It does not work without electrical connection. Convenient for home use. Easy to maintain. It can use all permissible medications. Opening hours are not limited.
Omron ne c24 nebulizer is small in size, weighs about 300 g. It works without creating noise. The duration of one approach is not more than 20 minutes. Then you need a break for 30 minutes. It can be taken on the road due to its portability.
Nebulizer "Omron NE" of the Japanese manufacturer has proven itself in the market. It has a good demand from customers, although it is not a cheap option.
The OMRON NE nebulizer with a mesh membrane is a good and reliable option for relieving asthma attacks, both at home and on the road.
An excellent choice of the Nebulizer Ld - "Little Doctor." This model is available in Singapore. Compressor nebulizer, has an attractive design for children. Somewhat noisy, but easy to use. It has several nozzles, not very expensive. The procedure lasts 20 minutes, then a break of 40 minutes is needed. Ultrasonic devices are also trustworthy and serve for a long time if the product is used correctly.
Another manufacturer has won the love of buyers. This is a nebulizer B.Well, which produces the UK. Compressor models are very convenient to use. They do not make much noise, they have many attachments. It can work for a long time without interruption. Convenient to store and carry in a special bag.
B. Well ultrasonic nebulizer is recommended for use in the treatment of chronic diseases. It works silently, but does not allow the use of many types of drugs. Lightweight, but only works in an upright position, which is not very convenient for small children.
B.Well mesh nebulizer is very practical, has a small weight. No noise, can run on batteries. It has a storage bag, spare batteries, several attachments.
Nebulizer Mikrolife NEB 10A won the confidence! It receives only good thanks to its high Swiss quality. It is a compressor nebulizer. It has three spray modes and can continuously work without a break for rest. It can be used both at home and in medical institutions. Noise It is very high. It has nozzles for rinsing the nose. You can use many drugs. It is easy to use and store, as there is a handle for moving and a compartment for accessories.
In order for the nebulizer to serve for a long time, it is necessary to use it correctly.
- For nebulizer therapy, use only those drugs that are recommended for this model.
- Dissolve the drug only saline solution, in any case, not boiled water.
- To fill the device before inhalation, for this purpose use only sterile syringes and needles.
- During the procedure it is necessary to breathe slowly and deeply.
- If you use a mask, it should fit snugly to the face, otherwise inhalation loses its effectiveness.
- After carrying out nebulizer therapy, the device must be thoroughly cleaned.
- Routine washing consists in soaking the parts in a soapy solution, then it is necessary to rinse them, pour over boiling water and dry them in the open air.
- You can boil only those parts that are to be boiled.
- Components that cannot be boiled can be disinfected with a special solution: hydrogen peroxide, septodor solution or chloramine solution. Do not forget to remove the remnants of these solutions.
Follow these simple rules, your nebulizer will serve you for a long time. Be sure to read the instructions of the device that you intend to operate.
Given that the nebulizer is a popular device at the present time, many people buy it for the treatment of chronic diseases of the respiratory tract, to relieve asthma attacks. Positive feedback is a very large amount. For some, it is literally a salvation during an attack. Many people note a decrease in the duration of respiratory diseases, if using a nebulizer. The incidence of colds is also significantly reduced. Of course, compressor devices are very popular. They are easy to use, care, and there is also the possibility to use a wider range of medicines. Also, the price they have is quite affordable. The disadvantage of such a device is its noise.
Mesh nebulizers have found their customers and leave a lot of positive feedback due to their portability, noiselessness. For parents whose children have asthma, this is just a salvation. Since it can be carried with you, use at any time. One drawback of such devices - the high cost, but if we are talking about the health of the child, this is not the most powerful argument. The well-being of the baby should be in the first place for parents. It is worth noting that there are reviews in which the fragility of such devices is noted, and a very expensive repair. Therefore, do not leave the nebulizer unattended in the hands of a child.
Many families acquire ultrasonic nebulizers. Positive reviews indicate that they can use essential oils, decoctions. The ultrasonic device works silently and costs not much. There is one drawback in the feedback: hormonal preparations and antibiotics cannot be used, which is so important for relieving asthma attacks.
And in conclusion, I would like to note that the nebulizer is your friend and helper in the fight against disease. Having decided to buy it, be sure to consult with your doctor and make the right choice. Using this magic device, you can stay healthy in the midst of colds.
Recommendations for working with the device
There are 3 types of inhalers: compressor, ultrasonic and membrane (each type of nebulizer has its own instruction, which contains a detailed description of the device). Compressor nebulizer is the most affordable, in addition, it allows you to spray any medication in liquid form. Work with any device is easy enough to carry out at home without special skills, however, you must follow certain rules that are specified in the instructions. The following guidelines will help to use the compressor inhaler easily, safely and efficiently.
- Before you start working with a nebulizer, it is important to wash your hands well with soap, so that no bacteria can enter the device.
- Assemble the parts of the inhaler as instructed.
- Heat the required volume of liquid medication to room temperature. Pour it into a special nebulizer chamber.
- Wear a mask or a nosepiece, or take a mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Next, go to the use of the device. Run it. Inhale exactly the formed vapor for about 7 minutes (until the treatment solution is complete in the chamber with the nebulizer).
- Upon completion of the procedure, disconnect, then disassemble the inhaler.
- After each use, rinse all parts of the device (mask or mouthpiece, capsule, spray) with warm water (without a brush) to remove any residual medication. When the parts are dry, reassemble the nebulizer.
- After 3-4 use of the device, its parts should be disinfected. To do this, use the means recommended by the instructions for the inhaler, or prepared independently, for example, from soda or hydrogen peroxide.
- Keep the clean collected inhaler wrapped in a fresh towel.
- Before each procedure, wipe the case and parts of the device with a dry cloth.
Rules of the procedure
Before you inhale, it is important to ensure that there are no contraindications to this procedure. It is not allowed to use the inhaler in case of heart failure, elevated body temperature, a recent stroke or heart attack, pulmonary hemorrhage, or allergies to used medications. If the procedure is carried out by the child, it is necessary that the baby be calm. When crying, his breathing will be shallow, and the drug will not fall into the lower respiratory tract. So that the treatment process does not frighten the child, you can purchase an inhaler for him with the body in the form of a funny train or a funny animal. After 2-3 procedures, children usually get used to the nebulizer and feel comfortable.
Attention! If during the procedure the baby turned pale, fainted, began to choke or complained of chest pain, you must immediately turn off the inhaler and call an ambulance. These signs may be symptoms of drug allergy.
Use a nebulizer for children or for adults in accordance with the following instructions.
- Inhalation should be carried out after an hour after a meal and exercise.
- Before using the device should not take expectorant drugs and gargle with antiseptics.
- It is not recommended to smoke 2 hours before and 2 hours after the procedure.
- In the process of inhalation should sit straight, not moving. Clothing should not squeeze the neck and make breathing difficult.
- The mouthpiece or mask should be kept as tightly as possible to the face, so that the maximum amount of medication is absorbed into the body.
- If the procedure takes place without the use of a nozzle for the nose, you only need to breathe through your mouth. Before each exhalation, it is advisable to hold your breath for 2-3 seconds. It will be difficult for children to do this, they can just inhale the steam as usual.
- After using the nebulizer, rinse your mouth with warm boiled water and wash your face. A small child can be given a drink.
- Inhalation should not last longer than 10 minutes. Treatment should be a course of 8 to 15 procedures (as recommended by the doctor).
Types of inhalers by type of evaporation
The device has several types. It should be noted that the inhaler has another name - a nebulizer (lat. Nebula - "cloud"). This device creates an aerosol from a liquid medication and under the influence of either ultrasonic waves or under pressure, a stream of compressed air saturated with the preparation.
All the difference between the types of inhaler is based on the method of converting the drug into an aerosol. On this basis, they have the following classification:
- membrane, etc.
Consider the most effective ones.
The principle of operation of the compressor inhaler
The compressor is the basis for the operation of this inhaler. It injects pressure, which pushes the drug in the form of an aerosol. The device consists of an electric motor and a pump, which create air pressure, the basis of its work is a piston compressor. The particle size at the exit is 0.5–10 microns. This size allows the drug to enter the lower and middle respiratory tract.
Benefits of using a compressor inhaler
This type is recommended for viral infections, asthma, bronchitis, ARVI, problems with the vocal apparatus. In addition to a wide range of ailments with which he helps to fight, The compressor inhaler has technical advantages:
- Universal. Allows you to evaporate any solutions, including antibiotics and hormones.
- The presence of a timer on many models of the device.
- Allows you to adjust the size of the particles obtained by inhalation.
- The mixture does not heat up, thereby retaining its properties.
- Easy to use, convenient for home and self use.
- Efficiency. The device adjusts to the evaporation rate, which allows you to control the flow of medication.
Types of compressor nebulizers:
- Inhaler with a constant current of air - the flow of the drug continuously in both phases of the respiratory cycle.
- Evaporation is activated by inhalation. In fact, the medication is supplied continuously, but the force of the supply increases with inspiration.
- Dosimetric inhalers. The device delivers aerosol particles only if the patient inhales.
Important! All devices of the compressor type have a high level of noise, which may hinder its use for the procedure in children.
The principle of operation of the ultrasonic inhaler
Cleavage of the drug occurs when exposed to ultrasound. The mixture of medicines brought to the gaseous state is delivered to the upper and lower respiratory tract organs. The impact occurs through high-frequency waves, due to which the drug is destroyed to the smallest particles, without destroying its complex composition.
Important! The device is not suitable for use with herbs, oils, suspensions, antibiotics, hormones.
The advantages of using an ultrasonic inhaler:
Consider the advantages of using this type of device:
- It works silently, which is very important when carrying out the procedure for children. It can be turned into a fun game, because the device does not make frightening, harsh or monotonous sounds.
- The duration of the procedure is about 10 to 15 minutes. During this time, the drug is guaranteed to go through all parts of the respiratory tract.
- The mixture is homogeneous. Due to the very fine crushing of the components, the steam is homogeneous - it is very convenient and does not cause discomfort in the application.
- The device allows you to spray a large volume of liquid.
Contraindications to the use of an ultrasonic nebulizer - these are all types of purulent tonsillitis and weak vessels of the nose that can trigger bleeding.
Important! Before carrying out the procedure, make sure that the medication is taken up with a sterile syringe. Wash your hands beforehand.
Recommendations! During the procedure, take a comfortable position, focus on breathing. The procedure will take from 10 to 15 minutes. After inhalation, refrain from eating for 30 minutes.
When choosing a type, the model of the device must first focus on your needs. The ultrasonic inhaler will be ideal for the procedure for young patients, the compressor will become an indispensable tool in cases where hormones or antibiotics are prescribed.
How to use medications?
Preparations for the inhalation may appoint only a doctor. Делая лечебные составы для компрессорного небулайзера, необходимо придерживаться следующих инструкций:
- растворы для небулайзеров готовят строго в стерильных условиях,
- в камере прибора должно находиться не менее 5 мл жидкости (если лекарства недостаточно, необходимо дополнить объем физраствором),
- it should be remembered that in any nebulizer there is always about 0.5 ml of liquid that is not sprayed, therefore, the medicine should be added taking into account this volume,
- If the preparation was stored in the refrigerator, it is necessary to warm it to room temperature in a water bath before the procedure.
In no case can you add essential oils to inhalers: they block the cells of the bronchi and can cause an asthma attack in case of bronchial asthma. In addition, the use of such tools often leads to damage to the device. No need to pour into nebulizers and herbal decoctions: they are also able to settle in the lungs and bronchi. For the same reasons, it is not necessary to prepare a medicine for inhalation from crushed tablets. It is also forbidden to use means in syrups: in addition to the necessary preparation, sugar and additional unnecessary substances will get into the respiratory tract.
Attention! Before using the inhaler should consult a specialist. It is strictly forbidden to prescribe yourself and your child inhalations with antibiotics and hormonal drugs.
Understanding the use of modern nebulizers is very simple: just read the instructions for this device. If you follow all these recommendations, the procedure will be easy, safe and effective, and the inhaler will serve you for many years.