The menstrual cycle of each woman is individual. The average duration of monthly is from 3 to 7 days. But when bleeding is stretched for 9 days or more, it is a signal of changes in the body. Representatives of the weaker sex should know when such changes develop into pathology.
Monthly durations of 9 days are not considered normal.
Duration of menstrual bleeding
The period of bleeding from each woman is different. It depends on various factors:
- Genetic predisposition. If the grandmother and mother have a monthly duration of 8 to 10 days, then the daughter will inherit the same cycle. This situation is not treatable. In such women, prolonged menstruation is a variant of the norm.
- The individual structure of the body. It takes into account the length of the cervix, the structure of the reproductive system, blood clotting and so on. These criteria define the period of critical days.
- Disrupted diet and rest. A balanced diet and rest is needed by every organism. During a diet or high load at work, do not forget to follow these simple rules. So you can avoid additional health problems.
- Frequent exercise. Sports activities have a positive effect on health, but do not overload the body. Such a shake-up will have a bad effect on women's health.
- Neurosis and stress. The increase in the duration of bleeding is the result of constant mental experiences.
If a woman suddenly increases the quantity, quality and duration of critical days, then this is a good reason to visit a gynecologist.. The doctor will determine the causes of pathological changes and prescribe adequate treatment.
Increasing the duration of critical days - a reason to contact a gynecologist
Long menstruation as a variant of the norm
The girl's first menstruation marks the beginning of a serious change in her body. The next 2-3 years the cycle will gradually return to normal. During this period, the duration and intensity of bleeding changes. But gradually the body itself will come back to normal.
Sometimes a woman is confronted with the concept of an irregular cycle, when her periods go differently each time. In such cases, the causes of the changes are known, and the lady knows how to react. If the cycle is regular, and bleeding is concerned for more than 9 days, then consult a gynecologist.
Abundant prolonged periods develop into bleeding. If you do not establish the causes and do not stop this process, the consequences for the woman’s health will become irreversible.
Doctors identify conditions in which prolonged menstruation is referred to the norm:
- Genetic predisposition. Many women live with menstruation that go 9 or more days. They lead a normal life, and this does not affect their livelihoods.
- The period after the abortion. Conducting this procedure involves prolonged bleeding. This doctor warns the patient. He will tell you when you need to worry if your period is prolonged.
- Acceptance of hormonal contraceptives. This includes oral contraceptives, IUDs and other means. About possible prolonged bleeding is indicated in the instructions of the drug.
- Menopause. If a woman has a pathological climax, then such conditions do not go beyond the normal range.
- Bleeding after childbirth. This is a natural cleansing of the uterus from the remnants of the placenta and other membranes. When everything is complete, the bleeding gradually fades away and disappears.
In other cases, long periods will be the reason for going to a gynecologist.
Bleeding after childbirth is normal
Causes of long periods
If menstruation takes longer than the prescribed time and the woman caught it by surprise, then she should establish the reason for the change. Often such phenomena are a sign of more serious pathologies.
Doctors identify several factors that can provoke prolonged periods:
- Problems with the hormonal system.
- Bad blood clotting.
- Weak walls of blood vessels.
- The need to clean the uterus.
These factors provoke various pathologies. Prolonged periods indicate the presence and progression of the disease. Conditions that cause prolonged pathological vaginal bleeding:
- Chronic anemia. This disease indicates the presence of other pathologies. Monthly does not stop in such cases for more than 9 days. This natural process requires additional research to find out and get rid of the cause of the bleeding.
- Violation of the thyroid gland. This organ regulates the production of hormones that affect the activity of the reproductive system. If there are too many or too few hormones, the menstrual cycle is disturbed, and the bleeding is more intense or weaker. The endocrinologist will tell you what tests and studies you need to do to get rid of the problem.
The functioning of the endocrine system is often disturbed in those women who consume a lot of caffeine, alcohol or smoke. Irrational nutrition is also included in the set of reasons that are bad for the thyroid gland.
- Various diseases of the genital organs. Inflammatory processes in the uterus and its appendages provoke long-term bleeding. In adenomyosis, the muscular layer of the uterus is inflamed due to the growth of the endometrium in it. This pathology affects the nature of menstruation, which go more than 9 days.
Polyps of the inner layer of the uterus do not allow menstrual bleeding to end on time. This hormone-dependent disease is detected by the doctor during the examination. If you get rid of polyps, long periods will also stop.
Benign lesions in the uterus also affect the duration of critical days. Myomas grow slowly, but the main sign of the presence of this pathology is painful and prolonged periods. To get rid of such a tumor will only help the doctor to whom you need to turn at the first signs of the disease.
Some women have monthly periods of more than 9 days over a long period. This should not be taken lightly. After all, cancer of the uterus begins with such symptoms.
Violation of the ovaries, cysts and other structures lengthen the period of menstrual bleeding. The causes of such conditions may also lie in the development of inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs. Sexually transmitted diseases are also accompanied by a failure of the menstrual cycle. If in time to seek qualified help, the doctor will help to remove unpleasant symptoms and causes of the disease.
- Weight. The shortage or excess of kilograms directly affects the quality and quantity of monthly bleeding. Adipose tissue helps synthesize the sex hormone estrogen in a woman's body. He is responsible for the regulation of the menstrual cycle. If the patient is suffering from excess weight, then the monthly go longer than the prescribed period. A decrease in body weight of at least 12–15% will relieve the problem.
Among the many physiological factors that affect the duration of menstruation, separate psychological causes separate. If a woman is in a state of nervous tension for a long time, often experiences negative emotions or lives in constant fear, this is bad for her health. In such cases, the general condition worsens and the reproductive system is impaired.
Overweight, as well as its lack, adversely affects the monthly cycle
Normalization of the menstrual cycle
The key to excellent health of the woman and the duration of menstruation is a good blood supply to the organs in the pelvis. If everything in the body works smoothly and without failures, then the state of health and mood is always good.
If the doctor did not find any obvious reasons for the long periods, the patient is advised to bring the cycle back to normal in a natural way. This includes recommendations for the correct mode of the day. In the daily cycle of the fair sex do not need to forget about proper nutrition. In the diet include more vegetables and fruits, dairy products.
Patients are also advised to spend more time in the fresh air, to give the body light exercise. Sports and walks prevent stagnant processes in the pelvis.
Try to avoid stress and depression. If all the problems have piled up all together, develop a technique for overcoming the nervous tension for yourself. There is always a way out of any situation, and feeding the body with negative emotions will only aggravate the problem.
If abundant long periods go for no apparent reason, alternative medicine will help stop them. People have long used nettle infusion. To prepare it, take a spoonful of raw materials and pour a glass of boiling water. During the day, you can drink about half a liter of infusion.
Traditional medicine uses drugs to stop bleeding, which increase the ability of blood to clot. If long periods are a symptom of another disease, the doctor first eliminates the pathology, after which the bleeding should stop.
The length of critical days depends on many factors. Sometimes the causes of this pathology indicate the existence of more serious health problems. A woman does not need to neglect the advice of a specialist, if the monthly go for a long time. Early diagnosis of the disease simplifies the treatment and recovery of the body.
Physiological causes of prolonged bleeding
Prolonged heavy bleeding in women may be present each cycle, if it has a bend of the uterus. This anomaly appears in a girl from birth or at a very early age of 2 months. This feature of the female sexual organ does not manifest itself, until menstruation appears. Already the first periods come abundant, do not end long. The situation repeats constantly. In this case, the discharge of blood is accompanied by severe pain in the lower abdomen, excessive weakness, dizziness. Monthly literally put a woman in bed for 7 days.
To identify the deviation can a doctor, but to correct the situation can not. All efforts will be directed only at eliminating the symptoms of painful menstruation, eliminating as far as possible long-term bleeding. The problem can be solved after the birth of the child. The generic activity expands the pelvic bones, the uterus flattens. After childbirth an unpleasant situation with long periods ends.
All other causes of prolonged bleeding are considered acquired. But also divided into several groups.
Iatrogenic causes of prolonged bleeding
The cause of prolonged bleeding can be drugs, medications, surgical interventions.
- Hormonal pills
Very often, contraceptives prescribed for medicinal purposes to stabilize the menstrual cycle. Long periods that were present before are subject to adjustment. The body is forced to work the rules of the floor, and only 5 days are given for menstruation. Long menstruation can not be theoretically. As the hormonal background changes, there is no full layer of the endometrium. But the first 3 months of the adaptation of the organism to new conditions of existence may fail. Monthly come more abundant, last longer. And in most cases do not end until the next menstruation. There is a constant discharge of blood in a small amount. After 3 months, the uterus will stop bleeding, abundant discharge of blood will stop. The situation may recur with the abolition of contraception after prolonged use. Although more often their complete absence for several cycles in a row. Long periods do not end more than 3 months, which means that the tablets simply do not fit, it is necessary to replace.
Disorders of hormones can be drugs that a woman takes to call for menstruation with a slight delay. Uterine bleeding may begin.
- Intrauterine device
Currently - the most convenient means of contraception. But it also takes 3 months to adapt the body. The spiral is perceived by the uterus as an alien object, wants to get rid of it. A woman becomes a witness to prolonged bleeding for 3 months in a row. Then the body is restored, menstruation passes, as usual. Although some women have a greater discharge of blood than it was before using intrauterine contraception. If the long periods do not stop, there are other disturbing symptoms, which means that the spiral does not fit. If it is not removed, inflammation of the uterus will appear.
- Taking anticoagulants
Drugs affect blood clotting, prevent the formation of blood clots. The blood comes out freely. Menstruation is profuse, prolonged. Drugs of direct action Hirudin, Heparin. Acetylsalicylic acid may indirectly reduce blood clotting. Prolonged periods will stop if drugs are canceled.
Uterine bleeding may open as a result of an abortion. High risk, if the operation is performed on a long term of pregnancy, with a low qualification of the doctor. The cause of bleeding can be trauma to the uterus, the penetration of infection, as a result of inflammatory processes.
- Spontaneous miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy
If there was a delay, and then uterine bleeding began, the suspicion falls on the pregnancy. If during spontaneous miscarriage, the uterus can self-cleanse. Bleeding will stop after 7 days, ectopic pregnancy threatens the life of a woman. Immediate hospitalization, emergency measures are required. Possible internal bleeding.
If nothing like this happened in a woman’s life, one can suspect the failure of the monthly cycle due to illness. And not only the reproductive system. In addition, for a long time do not end the monthly during menopause.
Bleeding occurs due to the violation of several systems in the body: sexual, endocrine, nervous, vegetative-vascular, and also due to diseases of some internal organs. Understanding the causes of bleeding alone is almost impossible. Moreover, some diseases are asymptomatic at first, the violation of the monthly cycle is the only cause for concern. A woman has to undergo a thorough examination, to pass tests. Cause uterine bleeding can:
- myoma of the uterus,
- endometrial polyps,
- inflammation of the appendages, endometritis,
- autoimmune diseases
- disruption of the liver,
- thyroid disease.
In addition, a long monthly bleeding occurs due to severe stress, prolonged nervous tension. If such a situation occurs in a woman’s life, you can set up a monthly cycle, prevent bleeding by yourself, eliminating negative factors.
Monthly go for a long time - when is it the norm?
Based on statistics, it can be concluded that, on average, the norm of the length of the menstrual cycle in a healthy woman should be between 3 and 6 days. If the monthly go 1, 2 days, this is already considered a significant deviation. The same applies to those moments when menstruation takes more than 1 week. If the monthly go 8, 9 or 10 days, all these are signs of certain disorders in the female body, pathological or physiological. But there are a number of factors when such prolonged periods are the norm.
What are the causes of long and long periods can be considered the norm? Heredity can be a major factor in how many days menstruation will be normal. If mother and grandmother had monthly periods of 4-7 days on average, then her daughter will also have a very high probability of menstruation within these limits. Influence on the cycle of menstruation and the duration of the menstrual cycle can hormonal contraceptives. The use of the intrauterine device, implants as mechanical and barrier contraceptives can affect how many days a woman’s month goes.
During menopause, menopause, the menstrual cycle can become chaotic, the same applies to the period when menstruation only becomes a young girl. Menstruation after abortion may be irregular and abundant, prolonged. The same applies to postpartum hemorrhage. Sometimes, if a woman's periods go for 10 days or more, if menstruation at 9, 10 days happens quite often, then extra pounds can be the reason for this. Obesity is one of the common causes of menstrual cycle disorders.
What other physiologically or non-dangerous reasons can provoke long periods? Sometimes drugs, especially their long-term use, can cause long and long periods, menstrual failure, other health problems. Especially often abundant periods go over 6, 7, 8 or 10 days when a woman takes a long time drugs that affect blood clotting. Грубый или слишком активный половой контакт, слишком длительный половой акт, все это может повлиять на месячный цикл.
Патологические причины месячных 7, 8, 9 и 10 дней
A very important question remains: what diseases can be, if menstruation lasts more than 1 week, more than 8, 9 or 10 days, which of these diseases can be considered dangerous?
The most common pathology that provokes long periods is endometriosis. This disease is characterized by a pathological process of excessive proliferation of the mucous layer of the uterus. What does this mean? The mucous membrane of the uterus with endometriosis begins to actively grow and gradually form additional cavities. And during menstruation, the mucosa is rejected and goes out, because of what the menstruation goes much longer than it usually happens.
There are a large number of factors that can not be attributed to diseases, but which affect the duration of menstruation. These are stress, nervous overstrain, prolonged emotional stress on the body, weak and inelastic vascular walls in the genital area of a woman, hormonal disruptions. Sometimes the reason that menstruation takes too long is the need for internal cleaning of the uterus.
Duration of monthly 8, 9 days, is it normal? Of course not. Since such symptoms may occur due to poor blood clotting, due to anemia or chronic anemia. A number of gynecological diseases can provoke long periods, such as inflammatory diseases. Diseases of the endocrine system are often accompanied by menstrual disorders in women of different ages. A benign or malignant formation can produce abundant and prolonged periods, which sometimes, by degree of intensity, can be equated to uterine bleeding.
If the monthly period is already 10 days, and the cause of the failure of the monthly cycle is pathology, then the likelihood of the development of polyposis or uterine fibroids is high. What is uterine fibroids? By uterine myoma means a benign tumor that affects muscle and connective tissue. Due to the formation of multiple nodules, there is a gradual violation of the contractile function in the uterus, due to which the endometrial layer lasts longer during menstruation. So monthly with uterine myoma last much longer than usual. But if the monthly does not stop for a long time, it can be not only fibroids or endometriosis, there is a possibility of polyposis. What is polyposis? Polyposis is the process of formation of polyps, round growths. Is polyposis dangerous? This disease is considered benign and treatable. During polyposis, due to abnormal contractility in the uterus, there is a constant pressure on the formations in the form of polyps, which causes bleeding. During this process, the cycle of menstruation is delayed, the menstruation can go very long with polyposis.
What to do if the monthly go 10, 11, 12 and more days?
Not all women pay attention to how much their menstruation goes, how long their periods go, whether they are too abundant or, on the contrary, scarce. But it is very important to know the symptoms in which it is imperative to seek the help of a specialist doctor. If menstruation lasts a long time, then the woman loses a large amount of blood, and this is a breakdown, weakness, exhaustion, lethargy. With chronic long periods, a woman may get depressed or develop anemia.
Abdominal pain, unpleasant odor from menstruation
If you feel a fetid odor from prolonged vaginal discharge, it is recommended to seek help from a doctor. The same goes for lower abdominal pain. If due to the fact that menstruation does not end for a long time, the woman has a lower abdominal pain, this can be a sign of the development of pathology with a high probability. And itching or offensive odor is often a symptom of infection.
What does it mean pain in the abdomen, lower right or left abdomen, if menstruation is long. Pain in the lower abdomen and prolonged discharge may indicate the development of the inflammatory process in the pelvic organs. Often, abdominal pain begins due to the fact that on the background of long periods of blood accumulates in the uterus and clots are gradually formed. The inflammatory process and its symptoms, when menstruation does not end for 6, 7, 8, 8 or 10 days, may appear not only in the uterus, but also in its appendages.
Are menstruation dangerous if menstruation lasts 1 week or more?
If the cause of prolonged menstruation is physiological, then you should not worry. But if monthly periods often last 7, 8, 9 days or more, if the menstruation has already been several times longer than 10 days, then this can be considered a cause for concern. Hypomenorrhea or long periods, can give its complications. Vitamin deficiency, the threat of infertility and sometimes the life of the woman herself. For example, if the period is very abundant and goes more than 10 days, then it can even threaten the life of a woman. It is very important to seek help from a doctor if a woman has symptoms of uterine bleeding, because in some cases, it may even be necessary to call for emergency medical care in order to save the patient’s life and health in case of strong and prolonged blood loss. One of the complications of hypomenorrhea, when very abundant and prolonged periods go very often, is infertility. Excessive blood loss is dangerous avitaminosis. With prolonged blood loss during long periods of the month, useful trace elements are washed out of the body, the body weakens, and the immune system weakens.
Treatment of menstruation, what to do if menstruation takes a very long time?
If a woman does not know about the reason why her period is so long, more than 10 days, then she should definitely go to the gynecologist for help on the 11th day. And if there is itching in the perineum, if there is an unpleasant smell from the secretions, if it itches in the area of the external genital organs, if mucus, blood clots or mucus in the secretions, all these are the symptoms for which you should immediately consult your doctor.
If the 10th day is menstruation, then the doctor most often prescribes Vikasol, Dition, Etamzilat. These hemostatic drugs are most often used if the monthly do not stop for a long time or the discharge becomes very abundant. What can hemostatic pills help with long periods? Vikasol - is used because is an analogue of vitamin K. This ingredient contributes to the quality of blood clotting. It is important to note that Vikasol with heavy and long periods is prescribed when the cause of poor blood clotting is a lack of vitamins and minerals.
Diet is a very effective hemostatic agent that is used when there is a very heavy discharge or uterine bleeding. Etamzilat - reduces blood loss and stimulates an increase in the formation of thromboplastin. Why not take their own drugs for the treatment of heavy periods and menstruation in 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 days? Each drug or pill has many contraindications. Treatment of the cause of the pathology should be carried out after an accurate diagnosis. Self-treatment problems often come down to the banal elimination of symptoms, and thus to a simple cessation of menstruation. But if you do not treat painful and problematic periods, the symptoms in the form of a long menstruation may recur.
What to do if the monthly does not stop more than 1 week? If your period still goes on for a long time, it is better to consult a specialist, since without a comprehensive diagnosis, even an experienced doctor will not always be able to diagnose. In addition to the gynecological examination, the doctor usually prescribes an ultrasound of the pelvic organs (ultrasound). Most often, doctors check the quality of blood clotting, make a check for hormonal failure, check for inflammatory diseases. Such a comprehensive diagnosis is necessary because many types of diseases have similar symptoms, which is why it is not always possible to determine an accurate diagnosis without a diagnosis.
What drugs can stop long periods, which pills to drink?
Not all women know what to do if their periods do not stop for more than 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 days. If the doctor sees the need to stop uterine bleeding, strong and heavy periods, he may prescribe hemostatic drugs to improve blood clotting. Sometimes useful drugs that allow you to normalize the contraction of the uterus and have a tonic effect on the walls of blood vessels. As an additional treatment for very heavy and prolonged periods, the doctor may prescribe vitamin and mineral supplements, high iron supplements. Sometimes doctors prescribe hormone therapy.
What to do if periods go for a very long time, how to stop the bleeding? It is important to know that self-medication is contraindicated, because There can be a lot of reasons for a long menstruation, and the treatment of each problem has its own specific nuances. An exception is the admission of hemostatic drugs before the arrival of a doctor or an ambulance, when stopping blood loss is critically important for the preservation of a woman’s life.
Physiological causes of prolonged menses
Studying the causes of prolonged menstruation, which is observed for about 10 days or more, it is immediately necessary to pay attention to the natural factors causing such a deviation. If a woman feels normal and hematization is not associated with the disease, treatment is not required.
Consider why the monthly go 10 days in terms of healthy physiology:
- Age. In girls, menarche adjusts the reproductive system for procreation. In the first year after the first menstruation, the cycle is only established, so the regularity of bleeding will improve later. In adult women older than 40 years, hypermenorrhea is also due to hormonal alteration of the body - soon menopause is coming.
- Oral administration of hormonal contraceptives. If the doctor does not associate the monthly period of 10 days with the pathology, it means that the body reacts to the drug and over time the cycle will be adjusted.
- Artificial abortion. The first time after an abortion can take a long time.
- Childbirth. After giving birth, the hormonal system is rebuilt, the uterus is cleared. As a result, mommy is facing hypermenorrhea.
- Heredity. If a girl with a well-established menstrual cycle has monthly periods of 10 days, she needs to find out how things are with her close relatives - mothers, sisters, aunts. You can talk to your grandmother. If women of the same family are prone to prolonged regular bleeding, this will be the norm.
If menstruation lasts more than 10 days, and the woman does not see any physiological causes in her, she needs to consult with the gynecologist. A conversation with a doctor will be needed if you plan to use hormonal contraceptives. Selection of a suitable drug by a specialist will help to avoid uncomfortable bleeding.
Monthly 10 days as pathology
The causes of pathological hypermenorrhea are diverse and are divided into several groups:
- Caused by abnormal endocrine system.
- Associated with insufficient blood clotting function.
- Caused by weakness of the vessels that lie in the genital area.
- Caused by the need to clean the uterus from toxins, excess tissue and fluids.
Given all the above, if the monthly go for 10 days, the doctor will look for the causes in the diseases and pathological processes. This is anemia, cancer and hormonal diseases, stress, dysfunction of the gonads. Without fail, a patient with hypermenorrhea should be examined for inflammation and abnormal growth of the endometrium.
When monthly periods go for 10 days or longer, a woman should pay attention to the smell of discharge. Offensive clots can signal fungal or bacterial inflammation. This should be immediately told to the doctor. The doctor will issue directions for analysis and ultrasound of the uterus, ovaries, thyroid.
Myoma is a benign tumor of the connective and muscle tissues that are located in the uterus. Monthly lasts long with myoma due to the fact that in different areas multiple nodules form and disrupt the contractile function of the organ. For this reason, the separation of the endometrium takes longer. The cycle itself remains normal.
If the doctor diagnosed fibroids, the woman will be offered surgery or laser therapy.
Polyps have the appearance of round growths. They are formed from endometrial cells and belong to benign tumors.
Polyps are attached to the uterus with a leg enriched with blood vessels. Abnormal uterine contractility creates pressure on the polyp, which is why there is hemophysis in the middle of the cycle or prolonged regular menstruation. Treat polyposis by scraping or burning out. It is impossible to leave the elements, because they can be reborn in a tumor.
This pathology occurs in women 25 - 40 years. Monthly periods of 10 days and minor bleeding in the middle of the cycle are symptoms of endometriosis. Ultrasound shows abnormal growth of the uterine mucosa and the presence of cavities.
In the early stages of development, endometriosis may be asymptomatic, but the progressive disease has a number of pronounced signs:
- Soreness in the pelvic area.
- Spotting brown discharge after menstruation, which does not end long.
- Abundant painful periods with the expiration of a large number of clots.
- Abdominal and lower back pains that become permanent as the endometrium grows.
Endometriosis is treated with the help of hormonal agents, ensuring the absence of ovulation with the release of the egg. In such conditions, the pathological foci gradually disappear. The doctor calculates the course of drug therapy for six months and warns that hormonal drugs give serious side effects.
Safer in the treatment of endometriosis laparoscopy. During the operation, the doctor removes only problem areas, preserving the integrity of the uterus. If the disease is diagnosed in the initial stage, it is enough to dispense with the use of birth control pills.
Video doctor says:
What are the risks of long periods?
There are many causes of hypermenorrhea, so this phenomenon cannot be neglected. Exhausting periods carry certain health risks:
- Avitaminosis. The body loses trace elements, especially iron. Lack of substance causes anemia and loss of red blood cells.
- There is a danger of infertility. If you do not eliminate the cause of long periods and start hypermenorrhea, you can lose the ability to conceive.
- The threat of life. If after 10 days the bleeding does not stop and brown discharge from the genital tract, you must call the ambulance team and go to the hospital. It is possible that the operation will be required.
Often, women with overweight experience menstrual disorders. They have a selection of abundant, long and irregular. If the examination by a gynecologist and the decoding of the ultrasound does not detect an anomaly, hypermenorrhea can be considered as an individual feature of the organism.
What to do if the monthly go already 10 days
Regulation of the menstrual cycle - a serious event. First, the gynecologist must establish the pathological causes of hypermenorrhea and eliminate it by treating a predisposing disease. With a responsible approach to therapy, the monthly stabilized quickly.
If the patient complains of long and heavy bleeding, she is prescribed hemostatic drugs. Most effective for hypermenorrhea Dicine and Vikasol. Therapy is aimed at normalizing blood clotting and restoring hormonal status.
If your period is already 10 days what to do, you should always ask your doctor. In consultation with a specialist, you can use folk remedies. We offer five recipes to choose from:
- Take equal proportions valerian roots, birch leaves, yarrow and peppermint. Pour collection of boiling water at the rate of 2 tbsp. l half a liter of water and sweat the mixture on the steam bath for 15 minutes. Strain the napar and drink during the day. Daily dose - 200 ml.
- Pour boiling water over the young birch leaves and let the raw material stand for 6 - 8 hours. Take herbal remedies 3 times a day, 75 ml.
- Half a liter of vodka and 100 g of birch buds combine in a glass container and draw the preparation for 25-30 days. The finished medicinal product eat 2 times a day for a small sip.
- Within an hour, insist on boiling water nettle (200 ml per 30 g). Drink a useful liquid in the morning, afternoon, evening.
- Shepherd's grass bag pour boiling water in a ratio of 1 tbsp. l in a glass of water with a volume of 200 ml. After half an hour, filter the mass and drink the liquid part at once.
With painful hypermenorrhea, you can drink linden tea. It is recommended to take a drink on an empty stomach for 2 weeks. As needed, the course can be repeated after a while.
To reduce the intensity of the menstrual flow also use infusion of leaves of fireweed. Препарат принимают 3 – 4 раза в сутки незадолго до еды. По мере нормализации менструаций лечение прекращают.
Для улучшения общего самочувствия, укрепления иммунитета и восстановления репродуктивной системы гинекологи рекомендуют женщинам пить чаи из мелиссы, малины, тысячелистника, мяты, шалфея. The frequency of use of medicinal herbs and dosage of phytotea is negotiated by doctors individually.
If the problem is not solved with the help of folk remedies, and still the menstrual periods last more than 10 days, the complex treatment will be assigned to the patient for rehabilitation. The therapy will include drugs to improve blood clotting and strengthen blood vessels, hormones, vitamins and drugs to reduce the uterus. The patient over 40 will additionally be recommended flax seeds, plantain juice and infusion of water pepper.
Premenopause and monthly
Menopause is the period in a woman's life when her reproductive function gradually fades and her estrogen hormone level decreases to its complete absence. These changes directly affect the menstrual cycle, which changes depending on the onset of a certain phase of menopause, of which 3 is allocated. The first of them is preclimax (premenopause). The following are menopause and post-menopause, or post-menopause. All of them are characterized by certain symptoms.
Premenopause includes the time from the first signs of menopause to the end of the last menstrual bleeding. In most cases, it is about 45-50 years old. This period is characterized as:
- menses become irregular,
- menstruation often disappear for several months up to six months,
- the volume of discharge becomes smaller
- monthly do not last as long as before.
Why do menstruation go longer
The premenopausal period is dangerous in that it is very difficult to separate normal menstruations from pathological ones in it. The reason is the irregular cycle and the fact that prolonged periods before menopause may be common. To guard a woman due to heavy bleeding after discharge was not so voluminous or completely absent for several months. It is difficult to determine unequivocally whether certain menstruation is difficult, because you need to take into account the individual characteristics of the body.
The cause of prolonged menstruation before menopause is often uterine bleeding, caused by:
- Endometrial pathology. It consists in the growth of the endometrium due to a malfunction in the process of the normal formation of the egg. With this pathology there is a risk of cancer.
- Myomas So called benign tumors that develop as a result of failures in the thyroid gland.
- Poor blood clotting. This pathology also often leads to prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- Polycystic. This disease affects the ovaries and is characterized by a long absence of menstruation, and then their release in a large volume.
- Polyps. So called neoplasms, which are benign and harmless. Their negative impact is prolonged menstruation before menopause and not only.
- Cessation or misuse of oral contraceptives. Often this leads to a hemath.
What a violation of the menstrual cycle after 45 years is considered the norm
Normal prolonged periods before menopause can be considered at the very first of its manifestations. At the beginning of bleeding are abundant and long. Then they often change to scarce and become strong again. Another option - the monthly gradually flow into the less abundant and irregular. It turns out that menstruation can be protracted in the following cases:
- at the beginning of menopause,
- with premenopause, which is characterized by a change of periods with scanty and copious periods.
When long periods before menopause - a sign of pathology
Many women are not familiar with the cases in which menstruation is considered the norm before menopause, so they pull with an appeal to a doctor. It is necessary to do this in the case when the duration of bleeding is more than 7 days or its volume is such that one gasket lasts only an hour. In addition to these main factors, the reasons for applying to a gynecologist for prolonged periods are:
- the presence of blood clots and tissue particles,
- fever with increased heart rate, weakness, chills and sticky sweat,
- bleeding after intimacy,
- severe abdominal pain.
What to do if the monthly go more than 7 days before menopause
The best answer to this question is to appear to the gynecologist, especially if you cannot stop the discharge yourself. It is worth refusing alcohol with cigarettes, after all they too can be the cause of long monthly. Even if the situation has changed, do not neglect the visit to the doctor, because the temporary improvement often hides a dangerous disease. Only timely treatment will help avoid the consequences and preserve health.
How to stop bleeding during menstruation at home
Any intervention concerning the menstrual cycle, especially before menopause, is dangerous because it often leads to gynecological diseases. If you are not embarrassed by such risks to impair your health, then you can try several ways. The first is oral contraceptives. If a woman already uses them, then you should not stop this process, and after one blister is over, immediately proceed to another. The same should be done when taking birth control pills. They, like oral contraceptives, can stop long periods.
In addition to the contraceptive, there are other drugs that are hemostatic. Among these stand out:
- Vikasol. It is an artificially synthesized vitamin K, on which blood clotting and formation of prothrombin depend. The low level of the latter and leads to abundant monthly.
- Tranexam. Modern remedy, produced in the form of tablets or injections. Also able to stop bleeding during menstruation.
- Duphaston. The drug is based on progesterone, belongs to the group of nonsteroidal hormonal drugs. Advantage - do not affect blood clotting.
Taking these medicines is not a guarantee for improving well-being. The drugs only temporarily ease the situation, so do not rely on tablets or injections. In addition to medication, there are traditional methods to stop bleeding. These recipes use herbs and the simplest foods, such as parsley, lemon, or honey. Here's how to apply them:
- Honey. This sweetness just needs to be consumed in large quantities.
- Lemon. This fruit is also required to enter into the diet. The main thing is not to overdo it, because lemon affects the digestive system.
- Parsley. Greens must be finely chopped and boiled. After 3 hours, you can drink the product, but it is better to distribute it 3 times.
When to call an ambulance
Above we have already listed situations with prolonged periods when it is necessary to consult a specialist or even immediately call an ambulance. This must be done if one gasket is not enough even for an hour. When a blood clot or tissue area appears in the discharge, it is not worth thinking about the ambulance. With the deterioration of health on the background of temperature, chills and frequent pulse, the woman also needs the help of doctors.
How to treat long periods in premenopause
To exclude diseases, a woman is prescribed a series of tests, among which stands out a blood test, a coagulogram, an ultrasound scan, and a cytology of a cervical smear. If all serious pathologies are excluded, then the treatment of prolonged periods is carried out with oral contraceptives, sedatives and antidepressants. Additionally, estrogens that are administered transvaginally can be prescribed. To reduce the risk of oncology, Duphaston is prescribed.
When long periods are not considered pathological
The duration of normal periods should be 3-7 days. They are considered long in the case when it is more than 7 days. In some situations, long-term monthly pathologies are not considered, even if they last 10-14 days:
- genetic predisposition to increased in duration of menstruation,
- first periods in girls (during the first half of the year menstruation can be long or scanty due to changes in hormonal levels),
- change in the nature of menstruation during menopause caused by hormonal changes in the body,
- the use of hormonal contraceptive pills or intrauterine device.
When should pay particular attention to increasing the duration of menstruation
Sometimes long periods indicate a serious disturbance in the body’s work, they pose a threat to the woman’s health:
- Long periods, coming after a big delay. Such bleeding may occur during pregnancy in the event of a threatened miscarriage.
- Prolonged bleeding during a normal menstrual cycle. They become the result of a drop in blood clotting due to beriberi or diseases of the blood-forming organs.
- Monthly after abortion. The day when an abortion is performed is considered the beginning of a new menstrual cycle, although in fact the bleeding after an abortion is not menstruation in the usual sense, when natural rejection occurs and endometrium is excreted. After an abortion, the uterus is cleared of residues of the placenta and blood clots, and the bleeding is associated with damage to the small blood vessels. Prolonged periods can be in the case when an abortion is performed for a period longer than 8 weeks. This is due to the fact that parts of the placenta or fetus remain in the uterus. Bleeding continues up to 1 month. In some cases, additional cleaning is required to stop them. The duration of menstruation is usually long after a medical abortion, when a change in hormonal levels causes a gradual detachment and elimination of the endometrium.
Note: If the monthly at the same time acquire an unpleasant smell, the color of the discharge changes, this indicates the appearance of the inflammatory process. You must visit the doctor and start treatment.
Prolonged menstruation occurs as a result of stress experienced, fasting (dieting), various diseases associated with hormonal disorders. The result is anemia, a sharp drop in hemoglobin levels in the blood.
Methods of treatment for prolonged periods
If the months are long (scanty or abundant), the cycle is different from the norm, then to determine the cause, laboratory and instrumental methods are used to establish the hormonal composition, signs of inflammatory diseases, bleeding disorders, hemoglobin levels.
Treatment depends on the cause of prolonged periods. If the cause of the abnormality is a bleeding disorder, then coagulants (for example, aminocaproic acid) are used. For anemia, iron supplements are prescribed.
For the treatment of diseases caused by hormonal disorders, hormonal preparations are prescribed to restore the background. If necessary, use antibacterial drugs.
For diseases associated with abnormal growth of tissues or tumors, surgical methods are used: curettage, cauterization, sectoral resection, hysterectomy (removal of the uterus).
What is a normal menstrual cycle?
How many days should go monthly? It is all individually and depends on heredity, the type of climate, the build of a woman, and other factors. Most often, the question of why menstruation goes longer than usual women are overweight. In general, the duration of 5-7 days is considered normal, no more and no less.
However, with climacteric changes or after the onset of menstruation, the duration can vary and reach ten days. If the cycle has settled and 5-6 years have passed from the beginning of the first menstruation, then long or too short periods should alert the woman.
Any change in the cycle may indicate a pathology, hormonal failure, or inflammatory processes.
If a woman notices that her period is a long time, then it is best to contact an antenatal clinic. Only a doctor will be able to make a clear diagnosis and say what the cause of the change is. Meanwhile, consider the main causes of failure of the cycle.
The first is hormonal changes. Hormones are responsible for everything in our body. In particular, progesterone is responsible for blood clotting and the duration of menstruation. If there is a deficiency in the body, the bleeding will go longer than usual.
In addition, this hormone is important for the onset of ovulation. If menstruation goes longer than usual and in recent days only spotting is available, then this is a sure sign that ovulation has not occurred. And this means that conception becomes impossible.
The second reason why menstruation goes longer than usual is dysfunction of the reproductive system (disruption of the ovaries). In particular, this is indicated by prolonged and abundant menstruation.
In this case, you should definitely see a doctor, as the possible cause of the problem is cystic formations, in other words, an ovarian cyst.
This is quite serious, as the cyst is a benign education that will not pass without medical intervention.
The third reason is sexually transmitted diseases. To completely eliminate this factor, it is necessary to pass the appropriate tests.
Finally, the fourth reason - emotional stress. It is known that women react sensitively to the moral climate, which means that emotional overstrain can change the normal cycle of menstruation. It is impossible to say how many days there will be a delay or how long the bleeding will be.
Folk remedies for long periods
There are folk remedies that help, if long are monthly. What to do in this case? At least reduce bleeding. For example, you can make tea from nettle or tea from wild rose.
However, it will only eliminate the consequence of the problem, and not the pathology or stress itself. It is better not to risk health, and seek the advice of a gynecologist.
But in any case, in order for the body to function normally, we must abandon bad habits and establish a balanced diet.
Long meesipualny cycle - just discomfort, or health problems
In normal menstruation lasts from 3 to 7 days. Prolonged menstruation or menorrhagia is a spotting that lasts for more than a week. Depending on the circumstances, prolonged menstruation can easily be corrected with contraceptives or be a symptom of serious health problems.
The length of the menstrual cycle in an adult woman is 21 - 35 days. Why does it change? In young girls, during puberty, as well as in women on the threshold of menopause, changes in the duration and color of secretions are permissible. The reason for this irregularity is the instability of hormone levels, especially estrogen.
Estrogen is needed for the formation of the mucous membrane of the uterus, the endometrium, which serves as a nutrient medium for the egg or is excreted from the body during menstruation, if the pregnancy has not occurred. Despite the discomfort that we experience when long periods, such hormonal disruptions occur frequently and are not a serious disease.
Normally, the monthly duration is no more than a week.
Causes of prolonged menstruation
Many have heard terms from doctors about irregular or prolonged menstruation. Menorraria is a menstruation that lasts an abnormally long, with copious secretions.
Polymenorrhea refers to irregular cycles at intervals less than 21 days.
These conditions are not normal and, together with other symptoms, can indicate serious problems such as difficult pregnancy.
The cause of prolonged menstruation may be dysfunctional uterine bleeding. If the woman is at reproductive age, such bleeding may occur at any time. But, if a woman is over 40 years old, the risk of their occurrence doubles.
For their treatment, doctors use estrogen or progesterone hormones, as well as their combination in the form of birth control pills. Why are they prescribed? The fact is that they perform not only the role of contraceptives, but also regulate the production of hormones that affect the growth of the endometrium.
Some hormonal birth control pills can affect the frequency, duration and volume of menstruation. You should not change the strategy of contraception without consulting a doctor. Even if your girlfriend had similar symptoms and this or that drug helped her, you should not self-medicate. Everyone has their own body, and there are many reasons for violations of the cycle.
If you want to know why menstruation takes a long time - contact your gynecologist. The doctor will diagnose you, and also prescribe a series of tests that will help you make a diagnosis.
Depending on the age, the doctor may prescribe pregnancy blood tests, hormone levels and changes in thyroid function. In addition, you can take a smear from the vagina, puncture the endometrium and make an ultrasound.
If you have a long period, you should exclude some diseases.
- Fibromas and benign tumors on the walls of the uterus.
- Эндометральная гиперплазия (патологические изменения в структуре эндометрия), утолщенный эндометрий.
- Заболевания крови, такие как болезнь Виллебранда.
- Проблемы со свертываемостью.
- Нарушения функции щитовидной железы.
- Всевозможные инфекции.
- Киста яичников.
- Маточные полипы.
Проблемы с овуляцией тоже влиять на длительность менструации. Ovulation may be insufficient or absent, which not only affects the cycle, but also makes conception impossible.
Treatment of prolonged menstruation
In addition to taking contraceptives, treatment of abnormally long periods may include:
- medical preparations
- surgical removal of the uterus,
- endometrial ablation (surgically or by cauterization).
Treatment of prolonged periods will depend on the reasons for their occurrence and your personal circumstances. If you want to have children, you must save the uterus. That is why it is so important not to let the problem with prolonged menstruation run dry and to consult a specialist in time.
Willebrand disease leads to long periods
Menstruation in everyday life
There are many myths about things that girls during their periods are usually followed and vice versa. Menstruation should not change the usual way of life of a woman. Need to know and adhere to some points.
- Nutrition. During menstruation, you can eat everything. If you have heavy excretions, foods high in iron will be helpful. They will help increase hemoglobin levels and avoid anemia.
- Exercises. Moderate physical exertion not only does not harm, but also helps reduce pain and convulsions.
- Bathing. It is necessary to carefully monitor the cleanliness of these days to avoid infections. You can swim in the bathroom, but still it is better to use a shower. It is necessary to avoid visits to baths and saunas. You can not overheat.
- Alcohol. Drinking alcohol can increase bleeding, so drinking in this period of time is not desirable.
- Medication. Be careful with herbs. The results of some tests may not be correct (except hormones)
- Sex. A woman can have sex during menstruation, if it does not cause discomfort to both partners. At this time, the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases increases.
If critical days go on for a long time, these may simply be unpleasant features of the body of some women, but may also be an alarming symptom.
But, when a woman is worried about something in her cycle, why not consult a doctor? It takes a little time, but can prevent serious consequences.
It is worth remembering that it is advisable to be checked by a gynecologist at least once a year. To say that this procedure is a lot of pleasure is impossible, but when it comes to your own health, you should not pay attention to such trifles .. Remember, it is better to devote one day to prevention than to take months to heal or to agitate yourself diseases.
Long monthly: causes and treatment 296
Menstruation is a regular monthly event in a woman’s body. Traditionally, menstrual bleeding occurs from three to five days. For some women, menstruation is significantly extended - up to 10 -15 days, or up to a month. What causes prolonged menstrual bleeding? Why do menstruations go for a long time and what to do in such cases?
When long periods - the norm?
In medicine, it is considered that normal periods last from 3 to 6 days. If the monthly go more than 7 days, then this indicates violations.
Exceptions to the rule (absence of pathology during long periods) can be several states:
- heredity (not treatable, since it is the norm for this organism),
- post-abortion menstruation (also the norm for artificial interruption of pregnancy),
- taking hormonal contraceptives or using mechanical contraceptives (spiral and other implants),
- the first six months after the appearance of menstruation,
- postpartum hemorrhage (considered normal). Uterine bleeding after childbirth is associated with the anemia of a woman or with the remnants of clots in the internal cavity of the uterus. Excessive bleeding contributes to the removal of blood clots and parts of the placenta. After cleaning the uterine cavity, the bleeding is relieved and stops.
What diseases cause long periods?
Among the many causes that form long prolonged periods (hypermenorrhea or menorhagia), several groups of painful factors can be distinguished:
- poor blood clotting,
- weak inelastic vascular walls,
- hormonal disbalance,
- the need to clean the internal cavity of the uterus.
Consider the diseases in which these factors are formed. Menstruation does not stop with the following diseases of the female body:
- chronic anemia (anemia),
- malignant and benign lesions,
- endocrine system diseases
- gynecological diseases (for example, endometriosis or gynecological inflammations).
Endometriosis is expressed in an excessive proliferation of the mucous layer of the uterus. The mucosa (endometrium) grows with the formation of additional cavities.
During menstruation, the mucosa is rejected and exits in the form of bleeding. The endometrium enlarged several times forms plentiful and longer periods.
When menstruation takes a long time with endometriosis, what to do is only one answer: to treat the disease.
Long periods in the absence of obvious pathologies
Sometimes menstruation takes two weeks due to endocrine disruption due to obesity. Often with a large weight of a woman, menstruation goes 10 days, the reasons for such a deviation lie in extra pounds. Menstrual bleeding on the 9th – 10th day is weak, smearing, such prolonged menstruation does not indicate a serious pathology, they require correction of nutrition and lifestyle changes.
If the situation worsens and the monthly period is already 15 days, what to do in this case? Consult a doctor. Because with prolonged bleeding a woman loses a significant amount of blood.
Standard monthly remove up to 100 ml of ichor, this loss is easily restored by the female body. With prolonged bleeding, blood loss increases.
If the situation is chronic, anemia, weakness, fatigue and depression develop.
Viewpoint of traditional and alternative medicine
Traditional medicine tends to stop long periods. The reasons for the approach of alternative medicine to the treatment of this pathology are based on the statement “nature is wisely arranged”. If bleeding has occurred in the body, this indicates a large amount of slag accumulated in the small pelvis.
Termination of the process will leave the existing slags inside and cause intoxication. If the slags are allowed to exit, the required cleaning will occur. That is why there are long-term bleeding in neoplasms (tumors) in the pelvic cavity.
Tumor growth is accompanied by an increase in the amount of intoxication, the products of which the body is trying to get rid of prolonged bleeding.
What means does official medicine use to stop bleeding?
- Hemostatic drugs (increase blood clotting).
- Funds to reduce the uterus.
- Means for strengthening the inner walls of blood vessels.
- Vitamins, minerals (especially iron, due to lack of blood after heavy periods).
In folk medicine, abundant periods are called uterine bleeding. Sometimes in traditional medicine in a situation of “monthly go a month, what to do?” The question remains unanswered. Preparations of the national pharmacy provide an opportunity to cope with the pathology.
Example: after childbirth, menstruation does not end, the causes are sluggish uterine bleeding for four weeks. What does a natural pharmacy advise? Nettle is a unique hemostatic plant.
Nettle tea (up to two liters per day) not only copes with postpartum hemorrhage, but also replenishes the supply of vitamins and enriches the composition of breast milk.
Other remedies that help with very heavy bleeding are a diet of soaked raw flax seeds, tea from water pepper (aka highlander, knotweed), fresh squeezed juice of plantain leaves, pounded seeds of watermelon.
The question why the monthly go so long, can not be answered unequivocally. The list of causes contributing to abundant blood loss suggests a normal state of the body (heredity) or pathology. You can deal with the causes of long-term bleeding with a qualified doctor or your own careful observations of the body.
Why menstruation does not stop for a long time?
Long periods should cause you concern only if there are painful associated factors. The abundance and duration of the cycle is associated with both changes in the hormonal background and pathological problems. In any of these cases, it is necessary to adjust the lifestyle, but in the second, medical intervention is required.
Natural causes of heavy and long periods
Each girl has a normal cycle. On average, the monthly lasts about 4-6 days. The first day or two is a spotting, the next 3-4 days are the most abundant, and then there is a subsequent descent to “no” for another 1-2 days. Thus, even if your monthly period is 7-8 days, three of which are considered the most active, you have quite normal menstruation.
If the monthly delay and lasts 10-14 days, then you need to look at the attendant factors:
- Perhaps you have such heredity. If women in your family have always had such long periods, but no one complains about anything, this is your individual rate of the menstrual cycle.
- Menstruation may last due to improper nutrition.which is accompanied by activating products (coffee, alcohol, etc.). It is enough to change the image of nutrition in favor of fresh vegetables and fruits, as this will immediately affect the duration of the cycle. If this is your case, then the problem is solved very quickly.
- Emotional stressat which there can be observed both a delay of menstruation or their absence for several months, as well as their long duration. If you are just now in a state of stress, then you need to resort to the use of light sedatives for the body to return to normal. As a rule, after stress, the cycle is restored without taking hormones and other serious drugs.
- Climax. When the female body is preparing for a new phase of life, the cycle may well be lost.
- The first 6 months from the onset of menstruation in a teenage girl. This is a natural phenomenon, since young girls are establishing hormonal levels. This will take time, and you should not interfere in this process unless complications arise (lower abdominal pain, unpleasant smell of discharge, fever). Over time, the cycle will align and return to normal. Unless you need to pay attention to the lifestyle, and not to allow hypothermia, to be more stress-resistant, to reconsider and adjust the diet. All this may further increase the duration of menstruation, but if you follow the health, the cycle comes to normal in the first 6-12 months.
Why do menstruation go for a long time?
Bleeding after childbirth is the norm. It is usually associated with the fact that a woman develops anemia, and in the inner cavity of the uterus residues of blood clots can accumulate. Bleeding provokes the excretion of such clots and small remnants of the placenta.
For the same reason, there are abundant and long periods after an abortion or miscarriage, as well as the use of a spiral, hormonal contraceptives.
When the uterine cavity is cleared, the bleeding gradually stops. This is a natural phenomenon, but under the supervision of a doctor you will be safer to go through this short period, and you will be able to make sure that there are no complications.
Bloating without pathologies
What if there are no apparent reasons for the pathologies, but the monthly ones are long-lasting? Most likely, we are talking about endocrine disruption, hormonal failure or obesity. In such cases, periods last more than 10 days and smear.
In most cases, it is enough to correct the intake of hormones in the body or lose weight, and the monthly cycle will return to normal. You can verify this by dropping only a few kilograms - especially if the body is young, the cycle will quickly return to normal.
Brown discharge - pathology or not?
In order to determine whether you have a pathology or is it a completely natural process, you need to test yourself for a number of signs. Answer the following questions:
- Does the brown spotting go not only after menstruation and / or in front of them?
- The amount of discharge does not decrease with time and remains in the same volume?
- Is the discharge painful?
- Do you feel a fever while there is a brown discharge?
- Do the secretions smell of rot?
If you answered “yes” to all or most of the questions, then you should contact a gynecologist.
Unpleasant smell and pain
In this case, any abnormalities like unpleasant smell and pain should cause you concern. This is a reason to immediately consult a doctor for testing.
As for the painful sensations, they appear in women at the beginning of the cycle and indicate excessive accumulation of blood. Muscles need to cope with such a volume, as a result, and there are nagging pains, but if they arise already at the stage of brown discharge, then an illness - inflammation or pathology of the uterus.
Doctors point out that if the brown discharge lasts a long time without being tied to a specific cycle and does not have painful accompanying factors, this indicates a wrong selection of contraception. In any case, you need to consult a doctor for a course correction.
If you do not have pain, discharge with an unpleasant smell, temperature increase, and the discharge itself lasts more than 2 days, but does not cause discomfort, watch yourself for a couple more days, while:
- limit physical exertion
- try to minimize emotional stress
- give up the hot tub,
- make adjustments to the daily menu, removing from it strong drinks, spicy and fatty foods, as well as coffee.
This will be enough to reduce the discharge, and the body returned to normal.
With regard to the duration of discharge, their duration should not exceed 8-9 days, and there should be a gradual decrease in the amount of discharge to the limits of the meager.
On average, brown discharge after menstruation, lasting a couple of days without painful factors, is the norm.
Large volumes of discharge lasting more than 8-9 days - pathology (cyst, fibroids, endometriosis).
If judging by the above, brown discharge is normal, then you should not be afraid of them. This is a completely natural manifestation of blood clotting.
In those cases when you observe discharge within 7 days, but this is unusual for your body, pay attention to whether there were no concomitant factors provoking excessive monthly activation. Monthly could well be delayed due to:
- psychological stress and experiences, prolonged stress,
- the presence of a bacterial infection, the occurrence of which coincided with the passage of menstruation,
- excessive physical exertion
- long stay in the hot sun during menstruation,
- taking drugs that negatively affect blood clotting.
It happens that brown discharge appears after some time after menstruation and thus can be independent discharge or preceding the next cycle.
Of course, this phenomenon can not be the norm and indicates some kind of pathology of varying severity.
Beat the alarm must be in cases where such prolonged discharge is accompanied by pain or an unpleasant smell.
Do not immediately resort to strong drugs, especially if they have not been prescribed by your doctor.
Studies have shown that even tempalgin or aspirin to calm pain during menstruation gradually increases the body's tolerance to medication, and with each new dose of the drug will need more and more. And if you still do not know the true cause of brown discharge, you can only aggravate the situation.
: Why do menstruations go on for a long time?
A woman can take uterine bleeding for long and heavy periods. The video tells why dysfunctional uterine bleeding occurs and how to cope with this condition.
In most cases, abundant menstruation is the cause of changes in the female body: whether it is childbirth, menopause, heredity, or the restructuring of the adolescent body. But when accompanied by painful feelings, copious periods indicate a developing disease that needs to be treated as soon as possible. Only the gynecologist will help to deal with this.
Long go monthly
Every woman laments the fact that menstruation takes a long time - they take away almost a whole week of life! But there are those who have every right to complain about the long periods.
These are women whose menstruation lasts more than a week.
Is it worth worrying in this case or is it normal? And if this condition is not the norm, then why do menstruations go on for a long time? We will deal with all these questions in the course of the article.
How long is menstruation - is it bad?
If menstruation takes a very long time, then this may be a normal variant For example, when the cycle is only established or during climax. Также месячные могут идти 10 дней при нерегулярном цикле, но в этом случае в последние дни выделения должны быть мажущими. Если же цикл уже установился (прошло не менее 5 лет с первой менструации), а месячные долгие и обильные, то это нормой считать нельзя.
Что делать, если долго идут месячные?
From the above it follows that with long and heavy periods you should consult a doctor. Only he can say why menstruation goes on for a long time and calm you down, saying that everything is in order with your health, or prescribe the necessary treatment.
Of course, there are folk remedies used for heavy periods, for example, nettle decoction.
But they can be used only after medical consultation, because not all problems can be solved with the help of homeopathy, sometimes surgical treatment is necessary.
What is the rate of the menstrual cycle
Monthly can begin at the girl already from 11 years, and up to 16 each young individual matures on the basis of sex. Monthly discharge continues until menopause, an average of 45-55 years.
It is during these periods that there may be failures in cycles, periods may be delayed or, on the contrary, less time can be set, periods between discharge are irregular. All this is considered normal, the woman's body is rebuilt to a new rhythm.
All other cases of menstruation should be permanent. Each representative of the beautiful part of humanity has an individual cycle. On average, the periods between menstruations range from 21 to 35 days.
And bleeding can go from 3 to 7 days. It happens that a girl has a menstrual cycle outside of these numbers, and she is healthy by all indicators, but these are exceptions.
Basically the periods coincide with the written numbers.
Failures can still occur in women who deal with hormonal drugs. In this case, the lady is under the supervision of a doctor, and he controls this failure.
But if you do not fall under one of the above categories, and you have long-term periods, and the situation repeats with a certain frequency, you should consult a specialist for advice.
Causes of long periods
It is clear that when such a situation occurs in a woman, she needs to find an answer to the question: “Why do menstruations last for a long time?”
It should be noted that each case is individual and you need to find out the exact cause of long periods. Only after this the doctor can prescribe the correct treatment regimen.
In fact, there may be many reasons.
Among the external causes are the following:
- Stressful situation. Any nervous breakdown in the body entails a number of mechanisms that can lead to various deviations from the norm. Menstruation is no exception. Therefore, if a lady has experienced something like this, it is possible that the spotting takes a long time, that is, her period will last several days longer.
- Climate change. It is human nature to feel atmospheric changes in the air, and if the climate changes 180 degrees from the usual - the body is shaken and as a result: long periods.
- Reckless starvation diets that lead to the depletion of the body. Or vice versa - a sharp weight gain.
- Abuse of alcohol, bad habits.
- Poisoning toxic substances.
- Other reasons
In fact, every life situation can change the duration of menstruation, only this should happen once. And those cases where the duration varies constantly require attention and observation from the gynecologist.
Internal factors that cause problems of too long periods include various diseases. Only a doctor can determine them.
Among the internal factors may be the following:
- Frequent causes are hormonal disorders in women. It is possible that progesterone, which is responsible for ending bleeding, is badly produced.
- Abundant long periods can signal a lack of ovulation.
- Too abundant periods during the entire period of bleeding may indicate problems in the internal organs of the hip part of the body.
- Deviations associated with the endocrine system. First, it is the thyroid gland, which has an effect on a woman's menstrual cycle. It can increase the duration of monthly up to 13 days. Possible causes of failures in this system is excessive coffee, unhealthy diet, abuse of bad habits.
- Failures in the reproductive system.
For more serious reasons include:
- Ovarian cyst.
- Malignant and benign tumors of the female reproductive system.
- Malfunctions of the ovaries.
- The presence of gynecological problems. For example, endometriosis.
- Inflammation of the appendages.
- Deterioration in blood clotting.
- May indicate a change in the regulation of the brain.
As you can see, there are an infinite number of reasons why copious periods can begin and last a long time. Therefore, you should not “wait for the weather by the sea”, but seek qualified help.
The following tips do not exclude seeking medical attention; they are written for emergency cases when the visit is postponed for serious reasons.
During the period of bloody discharge, the girl loses up to 250 ml. The main part of the period is mucus. The most abundant secretions fall for 1-3 days, approximately. According to the idea, the body quickly restores the lack of blood, but it happens when the menstruation lasts more than 7 days, the body does not have time to return the lost. The girl runs the risk of anemia.
In such situations, when an immediate cessation of discharge is required, it is possible to take medication, for example, Duphaston, Dicynon. But all medicines must appoint a doctor.
And you can make yourself teas by popular recipes.
- For example, try to brew it from nettle. Five tablespoons of dried leaves of grass pour half a liter of boiling water and boil in a water bath for a few minutes. After that, leave infused for about 30min. Then strain and drink before eating 100 grams. They say that after such a miracle means the duration of menstruation will be reduced.
- If not in the presence of nettle, you can try to cook a decoction of parsley. To do this, take the usual parsley grass and pour boiling water for three hours. Begin to use a week before the expected menstruation. You need to drink on an empty stomach 100 g. three times a day. And be sure to decorate the broth only on fresh grass, it is she who gives a positive effect.
These measures should be temporary until a woman can get an appointment with a gynecologist.
The doctor according to the results of examination and analysis will prescribe an adequate treatment.
Depending on the disease, treatment may include:
- Drug, strengthening the inner walls of blood vessels.
- Medicines that increase blood clotting.
- Vitamins, trace elements, food supplements.
The girl, in turn, must provide herself:
- Rest is a minimum of stressful situations.
- More rest.
- Set the mode of the day and sleep.
- Start eating right.
A few more nuances
In the world there is a myth that girls who prefer the active form of sex can provoke heavy periods and increase their duration. In fact - this is nonsense. This kind of intimate relationship, except for the satisfaction of partners, can not bring anything. So make love with pleasure.
Long periods (lochia) may be after childbirth, and this is the norm. When the baby is born, the mother begins to have a copious bloody discharge. The first 2-3 days, they are plentiful and intense. Then at the expiration of time, their number is significantly reduced. And by 5-6 weeks the selection should stop completely.
The first, second menstruation after childbirth, as well as possibly the third, can go wrong, their duration can be up to 10 days. This happens, but if more - you need to identify the pathology.
When discharge occurs during pregnancy, it may indicate a possible miscarriage. Therefore, in any case, you need to inform your gynecologist.
Long periods can go and cause a recent abortion. It is clear that any surgical intervention on the female organs can provoke such results.
To summarize: long periods can be for various reasons. And if a woman has noticed deviations, you need to do the following: go to a doctor for advice.